Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:18:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My brother
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My brother  (Read 8830 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2005, 05:05:39 PM »

I appreciate the prayers Brother Tom. This young man does here the Lord calling. He is allowing the drugs and alcohol to stand in the way.

Brother, please don't feel bad that you couldn't help him or rescue him.

I do feel sad but I realise that there is nothing I personally can do. It is up to Jesus and to him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2005, 01:34:11 AM »

My brothers surgery is scheduled for 8 AM central time tomorrow. I will be checking in here off and on and will give an update as I get one.

I have another prayer request. There is a young man that I have been working with and even took into my home for awhile. I had to move him out of my home as he refused to stay out of trouble. Drugs, alcohol, robbery, and other things much worse. He has been in and out of jail a lot because of things. Last night he finally reached rock bottom. His family and "friends" has turned him away. He asked for help. After a long time of talking and praying with him my wife and I made some calls and got him into a place that will help him with his addictions but he has to go there of his own accord.

He was supposed to show up here this morning and I was going to take him there. He still has not showed up and no one knows where he is.

I would sincerely appreciate your prayers for this young man.

Pastor Roger, I will be praying for your brother. That the doctor doing the surgery, is skilled, and guilded by the hands, of the Lord. I will contine to pray for her and her sons, as well.

I will also pray for this young man, you have been working with. May God praise you, for working with this young man, with everything else going on in your life.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2005, 05:01:58 PM »

He just got out of surgery. They had to do a triple by-pass. On by-pass covered to blockages one of which was a 100% blockage. The Dr said that blockage covered a small area so there wasn't any significant damage done because of it. The valve replacement also went well.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2005, 10:25:21 PM »

Pastor Roger,

Brother, I give thanks that things went so well. I will continue to pray for him and the family.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 139:4 NASB  Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2005, 12:35:19 AM »

I will keep praying as well.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2005, 07:20:57 AM »

He just got out of surgery. They had to do a triple by-pass. On by-pass covered to blockages one of which was a 100% blockage. The Dr said that blockage covered a small area so there wasn't any significant damage done because of it. The valve replacement also went well.

Thank God Everything went well with your brother.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2005, 08:46:26 PM »

Oh yes, I will say HALLELUJAH, also.  

Thanks for the update on your brother PR.  I've been praying for him and will continue.

Hope YOU are doing okay!

Grace and peace,
cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2005, 08:57:44 PM »

Thank you cris. We all have missed you here. I hope that you have been doing well also.

I just talked to my brother tonight. I can't go see him because I have a bit of a virus of some sort and can't risk giving it to him. He was having a problem getting his kidneys to start working again but today they kicked in and seem to be on the uphill trend. That is to be expected though as when a person goes through open heart surgery they shut down all body functions for a period and it takes awhile for some of them to start back up.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 08:59:07 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2005, 11:15:46 PM »

Thank you cris. We all have missed you here. I hope that you have been doing well also.

I just talked to my brother tonight. I can't go see him because I have a bit of a virus of some sort and can't risk giving it to him. He was having a problem getting his kidneys to start working again but today they kicked in and seem to be on the uphill trend. That is to be expected though as when a person goes through open heart surgery they shut down all body functions for a period and it takes awhile for some of them to start back up.

Hi PR,

I didn't log out-----------------I got a trojan horse (the first one I've ever gotten).  I've been working trying to get it off my computer.  I hope I was successful.  We'll see.

I'm happy to hear your brother's kidneys kicked in and seem to be working.  Let's just pray they continue uphill!!!

Hey, I hope you're taking care of that virus.  Are you?  You better be!  Drink lots of water and rest as much as you can.  You'll be feeling well in no time flat. Smiley

Grace and peace,
cris

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2005, 11:47:31 PM »

Chris Said:

I didn't log out-----------------I got a trojan horse (the first one I've ever gotten).  I've been working trying to get it off my computer.  I hope I was successful.  We'll see.

Brother/Sister Chris,  Cheesy

I wondered where you were. It's great to hear from you, and I'm really sorry to hear that you've had such trouble. Just as an extra precaution, try the Microsoft Spyware/Malware program that is free from the Microsoft download center. It is really getting good reviews and it's FREE.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 139:9-10 NASB  If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2005, 11:55:18 PM »

Chris Said:

I wondered where you were. It's great to hear from you, and I'm really sorry to hear that you've had such trouble. Just as an extra precaution, try the Microsoft Spyware/Malware program that is free from the Microsoft download center. It is really getting good reviews and it's FREE.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 139:9-10 NASB  If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.

Sister/Brother BEP...................hehehehehe

Thank you very much.  Do I just go to Windows Update and get it somewhere from there?  I'm still very computer unsavvy, unfortunately.

Grace and peace,
cris

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2005, 12:12:37 AM »

Chris Said:

Love in Christ,
Tom

Thank you very much.  Do I just go to Windows Update and get it somewhere from there?  I'm still very computer unsavvy, unfortunately.

Grace and peace,
cris

Cris,

I downloaded it and started using it several days ago, so I still have the link - CLICK BELOW:

Microsoft Anti-Spyware FREE

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 115:13 NASB  He will bless those who fear the LORD, The small together with the great.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2005, 12:26:12 AM »

Chris Said:

Love in Christ,
Tom

Grace and peace,
cris

Cris,

I downloaded it and started using it several days ago, so I still have the link - CLICK BELOW:

Microsoft Anti-Spyware FREE

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 115:13 NASB  He will bless those who fear the LORD, The small together with the great.

I have Windows Millinium...............it's not listed, so I guess I can't download it.  Sad

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »

Cris,

I use XP and I really don't know if they have it for other Windows versions. I'll check but I think it's for only the newer stuff. Sorry about that.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 18:2 NASB  The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2005, 12:56:43 AM »

When I was using windows ME i was able to download and use any program that was also compatible with Windows 2000. This program says it is compatible with all of Windows 2000 so I would think it should work. I do remember having an earlier version of this program on my Windows ME so unless they have changed it, it should work.

I am going to have to update I see. I have an older version and the properties compatibility page shows it being in the Windows 95 mode and doesn't have an XP mode on it. It has been working just fine though. I would imagine it would work better with the newer version.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the