Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:23:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My brother
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My brother  (Read 8871 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2005, 11:57:11 AM »

I just got word that one of my brothers was taken to the hospital by ambulance. He has had a leaky heart (bad valve) for a while now and was being scheduled for surgery for it. This morning he was feeling so poorly he didn't get out of bed so his wife called an ambulance to take him to the hospital.

I request that you all join me in prayer for him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 12:07:43 PM »

Pastor. You can count on me. I'm agreeing with you in prayer that your brother will be fine, I am praying for him, you and your entire family.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 04:49:08 PM »

Pastor Roger, yes I will pray for your brother.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Isaiah 38:15 What shall I say? he hath both spoken unto me, and himself hath done it: I shall go softly all my years in the bitterness of my soul.

AJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 01:11:23 AM »

Hope your brother recovers quickly, in the name of the Lord.

God bless
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 02:36:17 PM »

Thanks, for the update brother, I am still praying for him.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 10:56:29 AM »

My brother is going through an angio-gram today. They are not only checking his heart but his kidneys also as they don't seem to be functioning as they should. The results of this will determine what is done next.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 12:49:41 PM »

Pastor Roger, I am praying everything works out to Gods will. When your brother has his angiogram today.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 10:46:28 PM »

Am praying for your brother, too, PR.  Any news on his condition this evening?  Does he live near you?  

Anymore updates on Vicky's condition?  I'm still praying for her and her boys.  You planted a seed in her older son-----------it WILL grow.  If you can't water it, someone will, at some time.  The important thing is that the seed got planted!  I'm still hoping for a miracle for her as well as for your brother.  Hang in there!  I pray for you, too!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 11:29:00 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers.

Yes he does live near by me. About 10 miles away. The angiogram showed a problem with his kidneys and heart. They cannot operate on his heart until the kidney problem is resolved. That is the best I can make of it as I got the information from his wife. I wasn't able to go to see him today and she has a hard time relaying the information sometimes.

The last I heard on Vicky was that she was going to get out of the hospital on Saturday and be at her Mom's house for two weeks while recovering still. That was last Friday. I haven't seen or heard from them since.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 11:39:48 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers.

Yes he does live near by me. About 10 miles away. The angiogram showed a problem with his kidneys and heart. They cannot operate on his heart until the kidney problem is resolved. That is the best I can make of it as I got the information from his wife. I wasn't able to go to see him today and she has a hard time relaying the information sometimes.

The last I heard on Vicky was that she was going to get out of the hospital on Saturday and be at her Mom's house for two weeks while recovering still. That was last Friday. I haven't seen or heard from them since.

OK---------thanks for the updates.  Let us know what they will be doing about the kidney problem.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 11:57:58 PM »

As soon as I get some clear information I will post it. His wife said something about some die they gave him and waiting for the results of that.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 09:46:52 AM »

Pastor keep us informed on your beother. How are you holding up? How can I pray for you?

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 11:31:27 AM »

Pastor keep us informed on your beother. How are you holding up? How can I pray for you?

Thank you sister. It warms my heart to see Christians so willing to pray for each other as so many on here do. My prayers are for each and every one of you all daily in all things. The problems my brother has is genetic. 6 out of eight of us kids have had this difficulty so far. My two youngest sisters so far have not had the problem and I pray that they don't.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 12:09:04 PM »

Brother let us not forget that Christ bore our sicknesses on the cross. God wants us all healed. I know for a fact that you know a lot of healing scriptures. We must all claim our healing. I have several autoimmune diseases, my autoimmune system is in such great condition that I never in my life have had a cold, and I have never had the flu. I have been around people with the flu or colds and never once caught anything. BUT my autoimmune system decided it wanted to go to work so it has turned against me. I have been diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis, Stiff Person syndrome ( a very rare auto-immune disease that causes violent, involuntary muscular spasms, strong enough to throw a person across a room. Only 1 in a million people worldwide have been diagnosed with it and  70%of the known sufferers are men), I also sufffered from graves disease, so severely that my thyroid had to be radiated, I have a history of DVTs and am currently on coumadin, that last bout with a DVT put me in a hospital for 2 weeks, at the time the doctors told my husband that due to the size, location and status of the DVT, I should have died 3 months before. The DVT was in a main artery, it was free-floating and it was 3 inches long. Last week I went for my follow up with my neurologist, and he diagnosed me with a brand new syndrome, it has something to do with a pinched nerve on the front of the legs affecting the thighs. He told me it is something that very heavy people get because their stomachs usually overlap at the waist pinching the nerve. THE PROBLEM IS I ONLY WEIGH 112 pounds. I am no where near overweight I am 5'2". 3 years ago I was in a wheelchair, then gradually started getting around with a walker, today I can walk up to 3 miles a day unassisted. I still get a few muscular spasms, and sometimes my muscles and  conective tissue to my nerves act up from the myasthenia gravis, sometimes I get double-vision, due to the weakness in my ocular muscles, but I refuse to let the enemy think he has me beat. I am an overcomer. By the stripes of Jesus I am healed. By the way most of the autoimmune diseases I've been diagnosed with are supposed to be genetic, the thing is that no one else in my family has any of them and none of my ancesters had them either. So I continue to refuse to claim them. I know that Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. So I thank GOD for my healing everyday. And I plan on being around for tha Rapture too Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 12:39:24 PM »

Amen, sister. A wonderful testimony indeed. My family found out about this problem in 1987 when my youngest brother died from it at the age of 33 and I had my first heart attack, all in the same month. Both of my parents died from it shortly after.

18 years later I am still going so I have much to praise the Lord for.

I understand the auto-immune problem. I was in the Gulf War in 1990-1991. I contracted what has been called the Gulf War Illness which is basically an auto-immune problem. It gets diagnosed as fibromyalgia, ALS or similar diseases. Many that have it are wheelchair bound or have died from it. I am still up walking around (most of the time).

Praise God I am still going. He has to much for me to do to let me get down and out.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the