Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:05:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My brother
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My brother  (Read 8829 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2005, 01:12:16 PM »

Thanks cris, we just had a few power outages not for very long tho. I hope you won't have to format you hard drive cris. I use spybot it's free and it has worked good for me, there are a few that you can choose from. My computer got a worm that was very hard to get rid of and spybot helped. Hope everything works out.

Is there anything I can pray for you about?

This is the first time I ever got a trojan.  I have a bunch of stuff I use everyday, including Spybot, AVG, pest patrol, Adaware, Spysweeper, Ccleaner and I'm constantly defragging.  I sure hope I got it and that everything will be okay.

Is there anything you can pray about?  Of course.  Just remember me in your prayer list.  It's unspoken and God knows what it is.  Just ask Him to open a door that I can walk through with His protection and blessing.  Thanks, air!

How's your grandson doing?

Grace and peace,
cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2005, 01:17:04 PM »

Cris,

I just downloaded the version that Brother Tom showed you in his link. It should work just fine on Windows ME. If it doesn't then once you have it installed just right click on the icon then go to properties. When that window comes up click on the compatibility tab and check mark "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

Then select Windows ME. Click the apply button and try it again. It should work fine for you then.

Thanks.....OK.........just off the cuff, how long did your download take?  I know you don't have dial-up........I do, so it will take longer.  I'm not going to download until I know that this computer is okay.

Grace and peace,
cris

It took about 2 secs.

Rub it in, you BRAGGART!  Grin Grin Grin

You asked ......    Grin Grin Grin Grin

And.............. you are so right!  I deserved that! Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2005, 01:25:07 PM »

.......  and I didn't mind answering at all.   Wink Wink Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2005, 01:48:54 PM »

I will pray for you  Smiley. I wake up in the middle of the night and I automatically start praying usually I start praying for my husband first and for some reason the other night God led me to pray for my friends at this forum. I felt so much better I just drifted of to sleep again.
My grandson is doing so much better, my daughter took my advice and she and her husband pray with him at bedtime and she pleads the Blood over her family daily. They also moved into a new house, I went to visit them on Saturday, and my grandson looks wonderful. Thank you for asking. Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2005, 01:55:17 PM »

I will pray for you  Smiley. I wake up in the middle of the night and I automatically start praying usually I start praying for my husband first and for some reason the other night God led me to pray for my friends at this forum. I felt so much better I just drifted of to sleep again.
My grandson is doing so much better, my daughter took my advice and she and her husband pray with him at bedtime and she pleads the Blood over her family daily. They also moved into a new house, I went to visit them on Saturday, and my grandson looks wonderful. Thank you for asking. Cheesy

That is great news Sister. I still have all of you on prayer list.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2005, 02:38:51 PM »

Yes, I agree, this IS great news, air.  Thank you for your prayers, too.

Grace and peace,
cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2005, 02:49:01 PM »

.......  and I didn't mind answering at all.   Wink Wink Grin Grin

Oh no PR, you JUST DIDN'T MIND, you relished every bit of it.  Com'on, tell it like it is! Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2005, 02:54:20 PM »

Now you know it grieves me tremendously .......    Embarrassed Lips Sealed Wink

I love this new computer I have, too. The only thing that slows me down now is Christian Unites server.

Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2005, 03:19:31 PM »

Now you know it grieves me tremendously .......    Embarrassed Lips Sealed Wink

I love this new computer I have, too. The only thing that slows me down now is Christian Unites server.

Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

I think you must have gotten your definition of the word, grief, from that other dictionary.  You know, the abner one! Grin Grin

I'm glad youre lovin' that new computer.  Boy, would I like to get one that was totally my own, with total protection from them thar varmits that infect whatever they can infect.  I'm surprised this was the first time (after lots of years) for a trojan.  Would like to know how this one got in and others didn't.  I think there were quite a few temp files infected-------------8, maybe.  I really don't remember the exact number.

This computer is still running a bit slow.  Every time I post, I get a white screen and have to wait.  Other times (not today), it goes relatively quick.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2005, 08:07:51 AM »

Cris Said:

I think you must have gotten your definition of the word, grief, from that other dictionary.  You know, the abner one!

I'm glad youre lovin' that new computer.  Boy, would I like to get one that was totally my own, with total protection from them thar varmits that infect whatever they can infect.  I'm surprised this was the first time (after lots of years) for a trojan.  Would like to know how this one got in and others didn't.  I think there were quite a few temp files infected-------------8, maybe.  I really don't remember the exact number.

This computer is still running a bit slow.  Every time I post, I get a white screen and have to wait.  Other times (not today), it goes relatively quick.

Brother/Sister Cris,  Cheesy

Most of that slow time and "white screen" wasn't your computer. That was some sort of a server problem that had nothing to do with your computer. I did report it to ADMIN, but he said there was nothing wrong on his end and it could have been any number of things with server links. Most of that stuff is over my head. I understand how small nets of servers link and work OR large numbers of small computers linking, but I don't have much of a clue about the monster computers that make the Internet work.

Ref. that computer that isn't subject to problems and attacks, it doesn't exist as far as I know. Hackers hit monster computers on a fairly regular basis. If I understand this correctly, hitting a monster computer negatively effects many smaller servers and computers that are routed through it. Everything usually keeps working because there are nearly always numerous alternate routes, but it does slow things down. It's called a web because there are so many alternate routes, but there are usually tons of folks using all the routes. I'm sure that many can explain this better than I did, but I tried.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:20-21 NASB  The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2005, 10:17:23 AM »

Cris Said:

I think you must have gotten your definition of the word, grief, from that other dictionary.  You know, the abner one!

Brother/Sister Cris,  Cheesy

Most of that slow time and "white screen" wasn't your computer. That was some sort of a server problem that had nothing to do with your computer. I did report it to ADMIN, but he said there was nothing wrong on his end and it could have been any number of things with server links. Most of that stuff is over my head. I understand how small nets of servers link and work OR large numbers of small computers linking, but I don't have much of a clue about the monster computers that make the Internet work.

Ref. that computer that isn't subject to problems and attacks, it doesn't exist as far as I know. Hackers hit monster computers on a fairly regular basis. If I understand this correctly, hitting a monster computer negatively effects many smaller servers and computers that are routed through it. Everything usually keeps working because there are nearly always numerous alternate routes, but it does slow things down. It's called a web because there are so many alternate routes, but there are usually tons of folks using all the routes. I'm sure that many can explain this better than I did, but I tried.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:20-21 NASB  The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I was with the Navy when the internet was first derived. It is set up much as the Navy did their communications as for alternates and backups. It is a wonderful system in regards to that part. Without using graphics I couldn't explain it any better than you did.

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2005, 12:45:11 PM »

I was looking to see what ever happened with PR's brother? How is he doing? I pray that he's happily celebrating the holiday season with his family on earth, and preparing also for his ultimate home in heaven.

Blessings-

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2005, 01:15:47 PM »

I was looking to see what ever happened with PR's brother? How is he doing? I pray that he's happily celebrating the holiday season with his family on earth, and preparing also for his ultimate home in heaven.

Blessings-

Thank you for asking. He is home and doing fine considering what he has gone through. He was able to go to his granddaughters birthday party a couple of days ago even though it wore him out.

He is planning on celebrating Thanksgiving with his wifes family this year. Fortunately it is a very short trip so I am sure he will do fine.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the