Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  My brother
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My brother  (Read 8828 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 01:05:42 PM »

Brother, my husband too went to dessert strorm his mos at the time was having to do with bio-chemical hazards, he too has symptoms of Gulf War Syndrome. His sometimes get real bad, but he won't go to a doctor. One day he was in so much pain that he couldn't walk, and I know it had to be God helping me, because I would never have been able to do this on my own, but I ended up carrying him (a six foot man that weighs 187 pounds) to the bed. I finally managed to make him agree with me to see a doctor, but only a chiropratctor (chriropractors don't prescribe medications), he still gets a lot of pain but he won't go to a doctor. Other than that he has severe nightmares, many have been the nights, where I've had to wake him because of the nightmares, but he won't talk to me about them so I just pray for him. Many nights I wake up in the middle of the night, and I just lay hands on him while he sleeps and pray for him. It's been at least 6 months since he's had one of those nightmares now. Thank God.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2005, 01:30:40 PM »

Sister, medically speaking there is not much that can be done for GWI at this time. The Drs just don't know enough about it to be of any help. I do suggest to all that have been involved and show such symptoms to visit a VA clinic and to have a Gulf War assessment made. It not only helps them but it helps others that have and are going through it also. I understand his not wanting to go to the Drs over it but it does help at least others as a whole.

Having gone through both Viet Nam and Desert Storm I also understand the nightmares. Some refer to this as PTSD. I was never treated for this. With the help of the Lord and my wife I was able to deal with it eventually.

Another thing to keep in mind here is that the VA is acknowledging the GWI and is giving compensation for it based on the severity of the condition. It is money that these people have earned and is well deserved.

Please thank your husband for me for his time in the service. It is because of people like him that we in the world have a better more free place.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2005, 01:36:39 PM »

I sure will thank him for you. He put 17 years in the USMC, then he dropped to the IRR, when I got real sick, and because of all the red tape and other things he missed out on his promotion and eventually retired, but he is still a Marine at heart, and a very patriotic one too.  Cheesy

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 01:55:31 PM »

I sure will thank him for you. He put 17 years in the USMC, then he dropped to the IRR, when I got real sick, and because of all the red tape and other things he missed out on his promotion and eventually retired, but he is still a Marine at heart, and a very patriotic one too.  Cheesy

The saying goes "Once a Marine always a Marine". I was in the Navy and made it to Chief Petty Officer. It is also said "Once a Chief always a Chief" so I understand that well.  My last tour was Desert Storm. I was to be advanced to Senior Chief but also got sick and couldn't stay long enough to accept it.

This is all the more reason for him to get to the VA and get what is deserving for him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 02:10:17 PM »

Brother it would be easier for me to get chloroform, handcuffs, and a wagon to get him to the doctors, not to mention the reprecussions I'll have to deal with after that. He is so stubborn sometimes, yet if he so much as senses just the slightest bit of pain comming from me he right away wants to take me to the doctor.
Why is it some men don't like to go to doctors, and most men won't ask for directions when they get lost?Huh?
Is is a man thing??

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2005, 02:42:36 PM »

Why is it some men don't like to go to doctors, and most men won't ask for directions when they get lost?Huh?
Is is a man thing??

Pride gets in the way of logic sometimes.

It may help to use the weaker sex ploy. Try telling him that you wouldn't be able to survive on your own if something happened to him. It usually works with me.

If that doesn't work try the frying pan.  Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Cheesy Cheesy

...or use the "He's helping his brother Veterans"

« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 02:43:49 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2005, 02:51:34 PM »

I think helping brother Veterans will work better.  He knows me too well, he knows I will survive without him  Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2005, 10:07:29 PM »

Maria, please thank your husband for me, as well.  His time in the service, has made America what it is today. The Few, The Proud, The Brave, are why America is free through their service. The same goes, for you as well, Pastor Roger.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 10:09:51 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2005, 10:23:10 PM »

Thank you Brother, that means a lot to me.

An update on my brother. It had stents put in to the vessels that feed both kidneys this morning and then was released from the hospital. They are planning to do a triple bypass and fix the valve in his heart in about two week. His immune system is pretty low and a lot of water collected around his heart from it so they won't operate on his heart untill his kidneys have had a chance to recover a bit.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2005, 10:28:58 PM »

Thank you for the update brother, I will conitue to pray for him.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2005, 11:20:22 PM »

Thank you Brother, that means a lot to me.

An update on my brother. It had stents put in to the vessels that feed both kidneys this morning and then was released from the hospital. They are planning to do a triple bypass and fix the valve in his heart in about two week. His immune system is pretty low and a lot of water collected around his heart from it so they won't operate on his heart untill his kidneys have had a chance to recover a bit.

Thanks for the update on your brother, PR.  How is he feeling?  Have you talked with him since he came home?  I've been praying ever since you asked for prayer for him and will continue.

Have you spoken with Vicky?  How's she doing.  I'm continuing to pray for her and her sons, also.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2005, 11:34:48 PM »

My brother is a bit slower than usual but seems to be feeling better.

Vicky is at her mothers house but should be coming back home in about a week.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2005, 01:30:10 AM »

My brother is a bit slower than usual but seems to be feeling better.

Vicky is at her mothers house but should be coming back home in about a week.

Thank you for the update brother, I will contuie to pray for them both

Loving my Lord.
Bob

2 Peter 3:15 And consider that the long-suffering of our Lord [ His slowness in avenging wrongs and judging the world] is salvation ( that which is conducive to the soul's safety), even as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the spiritual insight given him, .

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2005, 04:22:33 PM »

My brothers surgery is scheduled for 8 AM central time tomorrow. I will be checking in here off and on and will give an update as I get one.

I have another prayer request. There is a young man that I have been working with and even took into my home for awhile. I had to move him out of my home as he refused to stay out of trouble. Drugs, alcohol, robbery, and other things much worse. He has been in and out of jail a lot because of things. Last night he finally reached rock bottom. His family and "friends" has turned him away. He asked for help. After a long time of talking and praying with him my wife and I made some calls and got him into a place that will help him with his addictions but he has to go there of his own accord.

He was supposed to show up here this morning and I was going to take him there. He still has not showed up and no one knows where he is.

I would sincerely appreciate your prayers for this young man.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2005, 04:52:32 PM »

Pastor Roger,

Brother, I will definitely pray that God gives the doctors skill in giving your brother the best treatment possible. I will also pray for the entire family during this difficult time.

I give thanks that you have been working with the young man who has been in all of the trouble. We both know there is a time for tough love, and this appears to be the time. I hope and pray that this rock-bottom crisis gets this young man's attention finally and he turns his life over to JESUS. If not now, maybe he will turn to JESUS in jail. Anything would be better than the course he is on now. You and I both know that he is headed for destruction and maybe even death. Nobody can force him to turn his life around, but I pray that he will look up from the gutter and finally understand who he needs - JESUS! Brother, please don't feel bad that you couldn't help him or rescue him. It appears that only JESUS can help him now, and I will pray that is exactly what will happen. I pray that this young man will listen to the calling of JESUS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 NASB  Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the