Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:14:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117684 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 05, 2004, 06:15:30 AM »

Right On Bro, you get "TWO"Thumbs UP Grin

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
JEANNIE lawson

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 06, 2004, 04:09:05 PM »

THIS IS ETH FROM YAHWEH: YOUR GOD FROM THE HEAVENS AND I HATH AN IMPROTANT MESSAGE FOR THOU: DONT EAT THE MEAT. I KNOW WHAT IT SAYETH IN THINE NEW TESTAMENT AND I HELPED TO COMPILE THAT BUT IF YOU WILT COMPARE MY EARLIER SPEECHES AND THAT BE IN NUMBERS AND MY SPEECH IN ISAIAH THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT MEAT AND FLESH CONSUMPTION IS FORBIDDEN AND BY THE WAY, READ THINE DANIEL 10 AND REMEMBER YOU DO WHAT GOD SAYETH TO DO AND NOT WHAT PETER A POOR UNEDUCATED MAN SAYETH OR THINE PAUL WHO ADMITTED TO BEING EVIL. GOD KNOWS WHAT IS PERFECT AND HE SAYETH TO MOSES: ERR THE FLESH WAS I N THEIR MOUTHS WHEN A PLAGUE CAME APON THEM. WELL, I SAID THAT AND IN ISAIAH WELL I FORBID ANIMAL SACRIFICES AND WHAT DO THINK I DID THAT FOR. THOU SHALT NOT KILL AND HOW DO YOU THINK THAT MISERABLE CHICKEN GETS ON YOUR PLATE? SOMEONE KILLED IT AND BRAKE MY COMMANDMENT. CONTACT THINE JEANNIE AND READ WHAT I HATH TO SAY AND DO THE DANIEL 10 AND SPEAK TO ME IN PERSON AND VINEGAR COUNTS AS A WINE. JEANNIE'S ADDRESS: marielaws9@yahoo.com
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 06, 2004, 04:19:18 PM »

THIS IS ETH FROM YAHWEH: YOUR GOD FROM THE HEAVENS AND I HATH AN IMPROTANT MESSAGE FOR THOU: DONT EAT THE MEAT. I KNOW WHAT IT SAYETH IN THINE NEW TESTAMENT AND I HELPED TO COMPILE THAT BUT IF YOU WILT COMPARE MY EARLIER SPEECHES AND THAT BE IN NUMBERS AND MY SPEECH IN ISAIAH THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT MEAT AND FLESH CONSUMPTION IS FORBIDDEN AND BY THE WAY, READ THINE DANIEL 10 AND REMEMBER YOU DO WHAT GOD SAYETH TO DO AND NOT WHAT PETER A POOR UNEDUCATED MAN SAYETH OR THINE PAUL WHO ADMITTED TO BEING EVIL. GOD KNOWS WHAT IS PERFECT AND HE SAYETH TO MOSES: ERR THE FLESH WAS I N THEIR MOUTHS WHEN A PLAGUE CAME APON THEM. WELL, I SAID THAT AND IN ISAIAH WELL I FORBID ANIMAL SACRIFICES AND WHAT DO THINK I DID THAT FOR. THOU SHALT NOT KILL AND HOW DO YOU THINK THAT MISERABLE CHICKEN GETS ON YOUR PLATE? SOMEONE KILLED IT AND BRAKE MY COMMANDMENT. CONTACT THINE JEANNIE AND READ WHAT I HATH TO SAY AND DO THE DANIEL 10 AND SPEAK TO ME IN PERSON AND VINEGAR COUNTS AS A WINE. JEANNIE'S ADDRESS: marielaws9@yahoo.com

Is it safe to assume Hell is going to be a tad bit hotter for Colonel Sanders?  

Mat 25:35  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Mar 2:15  And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat[...]

Luk 24:41  And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luk 24:42  And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luk 24:43  And he took it, and did eat before them.

Grace and Peace!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 04:20:44 PM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Whelan0000

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 06, 2004, 10:42:35 PM »

How sad that anyone thinks they can earn there way to God's Grace (Heaven if you wish)...No MAN has the right to dictate what God Himself has already decided for each and every human being.  I must ask, were any one of you born of free will?  If you answer yes, then why have you been born to a family who loves and not a family who hates?  What of the children born to suffer child abuse and neglect?  Is that God's Will? You bet ya!  And it will be until we G-E-T I-T!
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 07, 2004, 05:06:03 AM »

Is it safe to assume Hell is going to be a tad bit hotter for Colonel Sanders?  

Mat 25:35  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Mar 2:15  And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat[...]

Luk 24:41  And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
Luk 24:42  And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
Luk 24:43  And he took it, and did eat before them.

Grace and Peace!

Enjoyed, thanks Bro Smiley

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 07, 2004, 06:24:33 AM »

By placing our faith in Christ’s shed blood and nothing else, we can have eternal life.  Isn’t today a good day to place your faith in Christ?  There will never be a better time.  In fact, there is no guarantee of another day. Trust Christ today.  

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 07, 2004, 04:30:39 PM »

Hello Brothers an Sisters,

I left JEANNIE lawson's post because there were replies. I've stopped trying to count how many self-proclaimed folks we've had in the following:

Messiah
God
Apostle
Prophet
Prophetess

All the previous posts of this user have been deleted, and they were horrendous. I sent private mail about posts like this or worse, and I didn't get a reply. I have recommended this person be banned.

I have also reported her to Colonel Sanders.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 07, 2004, 04:42:49 PM »

I have also reported her to Colonel Sanders.  

Cheesy

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 07, 2004, 04:47:58 PM »

Those poor miserable Chickens  Grin

Tim

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 07, 2004, 10:52:01 PM »

2nd Timothy,

Grin  Brother, maybe the stock for Kentucky Fried Chicken will soar now. I'm not supposed to have anything fried on my diet, but I am allowed to cheat once in a while. When I do, KFC is on the list.   Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 08, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Those poor miserable Chickens  Grin

Colonel Sanders, was a believer.

WHAT DO YOU SEE?

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 09, 2004, 08:58:55 AM »

WHO AM I?

I'd like to play a short game with you.  We'll call it Who Am I? I'll give you some clues and you figure out who I'm describing.  Ready?

1.  I consistently try to avoid evil.
2.  I memorize passages from the Scriptures regularly.
3.  I'm faithful to my wife and family.
4.  I spend much time in prayer.
5.  I Tithe
6.  I believe that every wore of the Bible is true.
7.  I attend church regularly.

Can you guess  who this describes?  The answer is: a
Pharisee. Does this surprise you?  A person might argue that what I described with the seven clues I gave could also be a committed Christian.  I won't argue against that point, because it would be true.  The description could apply to a faithful Christian or to a Pharisee.

The point to be understood is that it's not our behavior that determines who we are.  Even a bonafide Pharisee can act outwardly like a Christian.  Authentic Christianity is grounded in an intimate relationship with God through Jesus Christ.  Dead religion focuses exclusively on outward behavior.

If you were asked to describe a Christian, what would you say?  If you described somebody who did the things listed in the first paragraph, the description would miss the mark.  If, on the other hand, you described a person who knows he is loved by Jesus Christ and who loves him intensely in return, that would be right on the mark.

Do you want to grow in your Christian life?  Then focus on Jesus.  Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you more and more the depths of His love for you.  As He does, you'll find yourself loving Him more and more.  Behavior does have an important role in the Christian's life, there's no doubt about that.  How-ever, the essence of Christianity isn't what you do or don't do.  Its essence is in the love shared between your Saviour and you.  Everything else is to come from that.  To live any other way is to wear the mark of Pharisee.

By Steve McVey
Author of "Grace Walk"
www.gracewalk.org

WHAT DO YOU SEE

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 09, 2004, 03:26:28 PM »

Amen Brother Love!

I was just thinking about the Pharisees. I kept coming up with one thing that stuck in my mind:  Self-righteous pride before men. There is no irony that most of what they did was for themselves.

On the opposite side of the coin, I think about the precious GOOD NEWS. Jesus Died on the Cross for us, and we can yield to His Righteousness. That's GOOD because we don't have any righteousness. We are seen IN HIM and THROUGH HIM. That's also good because we have nothing that makes us acceptable to spend eternity with Him. We are left only with saying, "Thanks be unto God for His Unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour forever." There is all GLORY to HIM and none for us. I give thanks that I don't have to place any trust in myself or any other man. We all fail and fall far short of the Glory of God. Part of the GOOD NEWS is that Jesus Christ never fails, always keeps His Promises, and is completely worthy for all of our trust and FAITH.

Our joy is FAITH IN JESUS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 09, 2004, 08:02:27 PM »

Amen Brother Love!

I was just thinking about the Pharisees. I kept coming up with one thing that stuck in my mind:  Self-righteous pride before men. There is no irony that most of what they did was for themselves.

On the opposite side of the coin, I think about the precious GOOD NEWS. Jesus Died on the Cross for us, and we can yield to His Righteousness. That's GOOD because we don't have any righteousness. We are seen IN HIM and THROUGH HIM. That's also good because we have nothing that makes us acceptable to spend eternity with Him. We are left only with saying, "Thanks be unto God for His Unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour forever." There is all GLORY to HIM and none for us. I give thanks that I don't have to place any trust in myself or any other man. We all fail and fall far short of the Glory of God. Part of the GOOD NEWS is that Jesus Christ never fails, always keeps His Promises, and is completely worthy for all of our trust and FAITH.

Our joy is FAITH IN JESUS!

Love In Christ,
Tom[/b]

Amen Brother

To trust the Lord is to turn the work of you salvation over to Him. In other words, stop trying to save yourself and trust Him to save you. Believe that He completed the work of you salvation on the cross at Calvary. In so doing you are:

Righteous by His faith -- Rom. 3:22, Phil. 3:9
Justified by His faith -- Gal. 2:16
Have life by His faith -- Gal. 2:20

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.

<Smiley))><
Expose

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 10, 2004, 09:08:12 AM »

You all have a major misconception here. THis is somethign that I struggled with for awhile. The idea of a believer's prayer is actually nowhere int eh Bible.

yes, God does state taht you msut beleive to be saved and baptied in Christ's blood. But Christ Also makes ti clear that you are baptied in hsi blood at teh tiem of your baptism int eh Holy Spirit, which is at teh time of your baptism.

As well, Baptism is only when submerged under water at a time when you are makign teh Conscious decision to follwo Christ.

Thusly, infant baptism and "sprinkling" are false forms of "baptism".

Here we see Christ say the person must be born again. At this point most would assume that means believing in Christ. However.. continuaing...

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  

Jhn 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?  

Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

We see that Christ further extends upon the concept of born again, revealing it here as the fullness. If you look back to the stories of baptism in the Bible, you will see that whenever a person came to faith, they were immediatly baptized. At This Point, the Holy Spirit entered the person.

Jhn 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  

Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.  

http://bebaptized.org/

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the