Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:33:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117691 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 16, 2004, 12:11:22 PM »

THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH

By Cornelius R. Stam

In II Thes. 2:10 St. Paul declares that the apostates of
the coming age will "perish, because they received not the
love of the truth, that they may be saved." This is something
worth considering very seriously.

God calls this present dispensation "the dispensation of
the grace of God" (Eph. 3:2). During this dispensation faith-
ful Christians are proclaiming "the gospel of the grace of
God" (Acts 20:24). This is the message of God’s grace and
love in giving Christ to die for our sins so that we might be
saved from its penalty and power.

All, however, do not believe this glorious message or ac-
cept God’s grace in Christ. These, the Apostle declares, will
be left behind when our Lord comes, at the close of this
dispensation, to receive His own to Himself. Because they
rejected the truth, and the love it proclaimed, God will give
them up "that they might believe a lie," and put their faith
in Antichrist, "that they all might be damned who believed
not the truth" (II Thes. 2:8-12).

It was infinite love that brought Christ to Calvary to
suffer shame and disgrace for our sins, and this love is
being proclaimed in this dispensation of grace. But this
dispensation may be brought to a close at any time and
bring in the day of God’s wrath. How important then to
accept God’s love, and trust His Son without delay! "Be-
hold, NOW is the accepted time... Behold NOW is the day
of salvation" (II Cor. 6:2).

If you do not trust Christ as your Lord and Savior now
and you are caught unawares and lost for all eternity, you
will never be able to say, "It was because God did not
choose to save me." Whatever all the reasons involved in
His electing grace, He does not accept the responsibility for
your rejection of Christ. He says that the unsaved will
perish "because THEY received not the love of the truth, that
they might be saved." Don’t gamble with the future. Re-
ceive God’s gift of salvation now through faith in Christ.

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 17, 2004, 02:08:45 PM »

God Loves You!
                                                    by Thomas Nitz

Jn 3:16  "For God so loved the world, that He gave
   His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him,
   shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Have you ever stopped for a moment and asked, Does God Love Me?  This question we all ponder from time to time so don't feel that your all alone.
      Since the fall of Adam in the Garden of Eden mankind has not only been asking this question but we have gone out of our way to gain acceptance from Him. However how sincere, we are still plagued with the same question that has haunted humanity form years gone by. Does God love me?
     The fall of Adam left mankind in a terrible state of affairs, the most divesting was humanity being cut-off from all communications with a Holy God. Holy God loving mankind so much knew He would have to offer restoration back to mankind. In setting out in accomplishing this He had to prove to mankind that all their self efforts of restoration could never restore the breach had to prove to mankind their need for Him so He gave us the Ten Commands, however man took this law and used it for the wrong purposes and thought if they could keep the law God would accept them.
     This law was NOT given for us to keep but rather the opposite. This Law describes God's Holy character and mankind can NEVER achieve this in our own efforts. God had to prove how far short we as humans are from keeping these laws. We all at the fall of Adam have inherited sin natures. We do what comes naturally to us and that is sin and God gave us the law to prove how far we fall short so we can recognize our need for Him. We all have broken one or more of these laws therefore we are all guilty and unholy. Therefore we have no right nor access to a Holy God. We need to be restored.
Romans 3:20 "Because by the works of the law (us trying to be do-gooders by keeping the law) no flesh will be justified in His sight. ( this includes you and me). For through the Law comes the knowledge of sin (We see ourselves as we are.)

Holy God's Law was given to wake us up to our eternal state. Sinners cut-off from any relationship with a Holy God. None of us can keep God's Law, but rather all of us have broken it. Our natural human state is just bent on breaking God's Laws. We are sinners or unholy because of who we are not because of what we do. God's Law describes His Holy Righteous Character and how dare us to think we have the character to keep and maintain this Law.
Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  Once we come to the position or conclusion that we are Law breakers we can get into position to  accept the penalty  of what we deserve by breaking God's Laws.
Romans 6:23 "For the wages (what we deserve as law breakers) of sin is death.
(eternal separation)
    That's right eternal separation from a Holy and Loving God. This is the state we all inherited by being children of Adam. We all are born separated from Holy God. God's Law proves our guilt. We need restoration.
    Thankfully! There is good news in Holy God's love. He desires, He wants, He yearns for a restoration to you and all of humanity. He wants to give us Eternal Life with Him.
Romans 6:23" ....But the gift (can't earn gifts) of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
      We can't work for it. It is something Holy God gives. It is not us reaching up to Him, but rather Him reaching down to us. Nothing we can do to earn this gift, it is a total expression of His Love. No amount of any religious custom such as tithing, church  attendance, doing good to neighbors, being morally upright, whatever it is that we feel that will make God accept us will earn this gift. None of our efforts will be accepted. It is truly what He does for us.

Romans 3:27 "Where then is boasting? (can't brag on our own efforts) it is excluded. By what kind of Law? Of works (being do- gooders). No, but by the law of faith" ( believing in what He has done)
     This is the one request He does place on us in order to receive this gift. That is believe or have faith in what He has done for us. That is He sent His Son Jesus into the world to give His life on yours and mine behalf so we do not have to receive the wages of what we earned for breaking God's Law.
     Holy God Loves us so much that He sent His Son Jesus who was also God to take yours and my place  taking our penalty from us. Might I also add that He did this willing for us. He took yours and my place. There can be No other sacrifice, religious custom, ritual to bridge this gap in restoring.
Matthew 10:18 "No one has taken it [His Life) away form me. rather I lay it down on my own imitative..."
     You and I have to approach Holy God in Faith, believing in what was accomplished on yours and my behalf. This is the message the apostle Paul had revealed to him by the risen Lord and was willing to die for this message.
 1 Cor. 15:1-4 "Now I make known to you brethren, the gospel (or good news) which I preach to you. Which also I received, in which you also stand. By which also you are SAVED (restored), if you hold fast the word I preached to you, unless you BELIEVED in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance. What I also received, that Christ Died, for our sins according to the scripture, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the scripture"
    This is the work we have to have faith in. Appropriating the Lord Jesus blood through His death, burial, and resurrection. We cannot keep groping at a dying faith placed in what we can do. But place living faith in what He has done.

Once we believe in the finished work of our Lord Jesus at the Cross, on our behalf we are saved. It is a done deal we are restored, it is finished. Holy God then seals or baptizes us with a down payment of our now eternal state through the Holy Spirit.
 Eph 1:13-14 "In Him after listening to the message of truth, The gospel (good news) of your salvation, having also believed (faith) you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise (God cannot lie). Who is given as a pledge of our inheritance."
     So back to our original question Does God Love me? You bet He does! He Died was buried and was resurrected for you and me. We do Not have to have an eternal life separated from Him, but rather we can live eternally in His prescience through His life.
    Won't you acknowledge your sin Nature and need for restoration? Will you quit trying to work your way into heaven? Holy God loves you and me and has done ALL for us!  It really is that simple.
     Accept His death, burial, and resurrection on your behalf, His atoning blood will restore you! Won't you accept God's mercy? Prayerfully, will you invite Him in. Salvation is not based on our ability to change. But, God's ability to save.
 Heb. 9:22 "...All things are cleansed with blood and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness"
     Your sin debt has already been paid for, all you have to do is accept it Jn 10:9 "I am the door if anyone enters through me (not through our own efforts), He will be saved...."
   Won't you walk through that door? There is nothing but love offered to you!

God Loves You this much!      

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: August 17, 2004, 03:57:34 PM »

AMEN!! BrotherLove!! Grin

God Loves Everyone!  He is an Awesome God He Reigns!!! YaY!

Blessings,  \o/

Love,

KristiAnn

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: August 18, 2004, 01:57:06 AM »

Sorry I didn't vote, you don't have the correct answer up.

Romans 10:13 Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This is the correct answer I believe.  Grin
Go in peace with God.
DW

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 18, 2004, 04:21:06 AM »

AMEN!! BrotherLove!! Grin

God Loves Everyone!  He is an Awesome God He Reigns!!! YaY!

Blessings,  \o/

Love,

KristiAnn

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN Sister Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 18, 2004, 04:23:53 AM »

Sorry I didn't vote, you don't have the correct answer up.

This is the correct answer I believe.  Grin
Go in peace with God.
DW

Right On Brother, the answer is NONE of the above

Your friend and brother

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2004, 01:28:49 PM »

FORGIVEN
By Cornelius R. Stam

"We have... the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace" (Eph. 1:7).

The climax of Paul’s first recorded sermon is reached in
Verses 38 and 39 of Acts 13, where he declares:

"Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this Man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

"And by Him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses."

Thus God, through Christ, forgives and justifies those
who believe. Nor is this all that was accomplished for us by
the death of Christ at Calvary.  There is also reconciliation,
baptism by the Spirit into Christ and His Body, a position
at God’s right hand in the heavenlies and all spiritual bless-
ings there.

"The forgiveness of sins" must come first, however, and
the above passage assures us that in Christ we have this --
not barely, but "according to the riches of His grace." In-
deed, the next verse continues: "wherein He hath abounded
toward us..."

Thus Eph. 2:2-7 declares that though we were once "the
children of disobedience," and therefore "by nature the
children of wrath," "God, who is rich in mercy, for His great
love wherewith He loved us" has given us life and raised us
from the dead, exalting us to "heavenly places in Christ..."

His purpose in all this? "That in the ages to come He
might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness
toward us through Christ Jesus" (Verse 7).

When God forgives us He no longer sees us in our poor
selves, but in Christ, who took our place, dying for our sins
on Calvary’s cross. There He hung in our place that we
might now stand in His -- "complete in Him" {Col. 2:10).

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 26, 2004, 06:13:40 AM »

SALVATION - HOW TO BE SAVED - "BORN AGAIN"

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FIRST:

Your life in this mortal body will be short, but your soul will live for eternity either in heaven or hell. Those who have received Salvation and accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour will live forever with Jesus in Heaven. Those who reject Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Hell. Almighty God, the Creator of all, is real and He Lives. Almighty God is three Holy Deities in ONE GOD: God, the Father; God, the Son, and God, the Holy Spirit. The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, containing the only true account of all creation, both past and future. God does love you, regardless of how many bad things you have done in your life. Because of his Love for you, God sent his only Son, Jesus Christ, to be crucified and die on a cross for your sins. Jesus Christ lived on this earth in the form of a man, but He was very God. Jesus Christ was righteous and without sin, yet he was convicted and sentenced to death. Jesus died and was buried, but he arose on the third day. Some might question whether this event happened, but the world's time is set by this event recorded in history: (B.C.) Before Christ; (A.D.) After Death. Jesus Christ ascended back to Heaven and HE LIVES, very God. God wants you to accept Him, return His love, and become one of His children. God wants to adopt you and give you an inheritance, but you must believe to accept this Gift. This Gift is given by God's Grace and love for you. The Gift is free, and you did nothing to deserve it or earn it.

Tom Rightmer's Pages

http://www.sirinet.net/~blkidps/besaved.html

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 26, 2004, 06:15:54 AM »

HOW CAN I BE SAVED AND RECEIVE SALVATION?

If you are unsaved, please read this carefully. Do you many times feel alone in this world and helpless because of the evil you see and experience? Do you feel bad when you do wrong and wonder if there must be something other than this world to enjoy? Do you feel empty and unhappy about yourself and what the future may bring? Answering these and other questions may give you the reasons why you should accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour. Would you like to experience and enjoy peace, joy, and love this world can't offer? It isn't hard to become a believer and Saved: you can receive Salvation right now, this minute.
I AM A SINNER: You must understand that you are a sinner. Sin is wrong, as commanded by Almighty God in his Word, the Holy Bible. All men sin and do wrong in the sight of Almighty God. Regardless of how large or small your sins are, you can be forgiven and accepted as a Child of God. (See Scripture Notes 1 below)
I BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS FOR MY SINS AND AROSE FROM THE DEAD AS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR: Almighty God sent his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for you, in payment for your sins. The Blood of Jesus Christ will wash away your sins as if they had never happened. Jesus Christ bore suffering and pain on the cross for you, that you can be saved and be forgiven. Jesus Christ arose from the dead and LIVES as the Lord and Saviour to all who will believe and accept him. This is a Gift by God's Grace, a free gift that you didn't earn or deserve. (See Scripture Notes 2 below)
I ASK JESUS CHRIST TO COME INTO MY HEART AS MY PERSONAL SAVIOUR AND FORGIVE MY SINS: You must trust Jesus Christ and ask him to come into your heart as your personal Lord and Saviour. Ask Jesus Christ to be first in your life and forgive your sins. (See Scripture Notes 3 below)
If you are sincere and believe the above three statements with your heart, you will be: saved, born again, baptized with the Holy Spirit, forgiven, indwelt by God, adopted into the family of God, made an heir of God, set apart for God, and much more that you will learn as you grow in Christ.
I hope this doesn't sound difficult. The words and thoughts must be your words and thoughts from your heart. You must believe in your heart and ask Jesus for Salvation from your heart. Your prayer can be very simple, but your prayer must be from your heart.
A simple prayer, maybe something like this: "Lord Jesus, I am a sinner not worthy of your Love. Lord Jesus, I believe that you died on the cross for me and I ask you to come into my heart as my Lord and Saviour. Lord Jesus, I ask forgiveness for my sins and ask to follow you as the Lord of my life. In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen."

Tom Rightmer's Pages

http://www.sirinet.net/~blkidps/besaved.html

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 30, 2004, 06:20:29 AM »

At the point of salvation the believer is blessed with every spiritual blessing, the challenge then is to make use of our perfect provision and to do so consistently better today than we had yesterday. For the believer, the very 'armor of God' is standard issue, the question is then is it our daily wear, or is it collecting dust somewhere in our wardrobe?

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 31, 2004, 02:24:14 AM »

About your test? none of the above apply.   Cheesy
I think most would see that at once.
We are saved by grace. Eph.2:8-9, Rom.5:1-5,10:10,13
Praise God!

bluelake
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2004, 05:13:47 AM »

About your test? none of the above apply.   Cheesy
I think most would see that at once.
We are saved by grace. Eph.2:8-9, Rom.5:1-5,10:10,13
Praise God!

bluelake

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!!!

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2004, 06:28:15 AM »

CHRIST IN US

By Cornelius R. Stam

It has been well said that if there is anything good in any
man it is because it was put there by God. And something
good -- a new nature -- has been imparted by God to every
true believer in Christ.

While there is still within us "that which is begotten of
the flesh," there is also "that which is begotten of the Spir-
it," and just as the one "cannot please God," so the other
always pleases Him.

Adam was originally created in the image and likeness
of God, but he fell into sin and later "begat a son in his own
likeness, after his image" (Gen. 53). It could not be other-
wise. Fallen Adam could generate and beget only fallen,
sinful offspring, whom even the law could not change. But
"what the law could not do, in that it was weak [because of]
the flesh, God, sending His own Son, in the likeness of sinful
flesh, and for sin," accomplished, "that the righteousness of
the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh,
but after the Spirit" (Rom. 8:3,4).

As Adam was made in the likeness of God, but fell, so
Christ was made in the likeness of sinful flesh -- though
without sin -- to redeem us from the fall, that by grace,
through the operation of the Spirit, a new creation might be
brought into being, "the new man which after God, is cre-
ated in righteousness and true holiness" (Eph. 4:24).

Thus in addition to our fallen Adamic nature true be-
lievers, through faith, have also become "partakers of the
divine nature" (II Pet. 1:4). This is the "inner man" of
which Paul speaks in Eph. 3:16, and this "inner man" de-
lights to do God&#146;s will (Rom. 7:22).

The Adamic nature, which Scripture calls "the flesh," is
that which was generated by a fallen begetter. It is sinful
in itself, even in the believer. It cannot be improved or
changed. But "that which is born [or begotten] of God" al-
ways pleases Him. It was begotten by the Spirit of God
Himself. This is why our Lord said to Nicodemus:

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; that which is born of the Spirit is spirit....Ye must be born again" (John 3:6,7).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Subscribe at:http://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/twominut.html
Two Minutes With The Bible By Pastor Stam

Mailing Address:
Berean Bible Society

N112 W17761 Mequon Road
P.O. Box 756
Germantown, WI 53022

Web Site:
http://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/
Gospel Books, Materials, & Free Mailings

Email: berean@execpc.com

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 13, 2004, 08:17:05 PM »

GOD’S FAITHFULNESS AND OURS

By Cornelius R. Stam

Many people suppose that salvation is God’s reward to
those who do their best to live good lives. This is not so, for
God’s Word says of those who are saved:

"Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not accord-ing to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began" (II Tim. 1:9).

Referring to this "salvation which is in Christ Jesus," St.
Paul says: "It is a faithful saying, for if we died with Him,
we shall also live with Him" (II Tim. 2:10,11).

In other words: The believer, viewing Calvary aright, has
"died with Christ." Viewing the Cross, he has said: "This is
not Christ’s death. He was no sinner. He had no death to
die. He is dying my death!" And so by faith he is "crucified
with Christ" (Gal. 2:20). The penalty for all his sins has
been fully paid, for he died -- in Christ, and thus has also
risen with Christ "to walk in newness of life" (Rom 6:3,4).

This is all God’s doing, and only now is the believer in a
position to do good works that will please God. Thus the
Apostle writes of believers, in II Tim. 2: "If we suffer, we
shall also reign with Him: if we deny Him, He also will deny
us" (Ver. 12). When the believer’s service for Christ is re-
viewed some, indeed, will "receive a reward," but others will
"suffer loss," though they themselves will "be saved, yet so
as by fire" (I Cor. 3:14,15).

It will be deeply embarrassing, in that day, for unfaithful
Christians to face empty-handed the One who gave His all,
Himself, to save them. Yet salvation is by grace, thus the
Apostle hastens to conclude his statement in II Timothy 2,
with the words:

"If we are unfaithful, yet He abideth faithful: He cannot deny Him-self" (Ver. 13)

Thus our rewards as believers depend upon our faithful-
ness, but our salvation, thank God, on His!

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 13, 2004, 08:27:10 PM »

"PAUL AND HIS GOOD NEWS"

St. Paul opens his Epistle to the Romans by declaring that he has been "separated unto the gospel [good news] of God" (1:1). This agrees with Galatians 1:15,16, where he says: "It pleased God, who separated me, from my mother’s womb, and called me by His grace, to reveal His Son in me..."

The last book of the Bible tells of the coming "revelation of Jesus Christ" in glory, to judge the world and reign on earth, but here in Galatians we have "the revelation of
Jesus Christ" in Paul, the chief of sinners, saved by grace.

The salvation of Paul, the one-time leader of the world’s rebellion against Christ, indicat-ed God’s willingness, yes His desire, to save sinners. Thus it was appropriate that God should choose him as the apostle of His grace, making the good news known "to all nations for the obedience of faith."

Let us not suppose, however, that Paul’s gospel concerned only himself or God’s grace to him. Apart from Christ’s payment for sin at Calvary God could not justly have saved Paul -- or any of us. Thus the Apostle goes on, in Romans 1, to explain that this good news which God has sent him to proclaim is "concerning His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord" (1:3).

All through Paul’s epistles he proclaims salvation by grace, on the basis of Christ’s finished work of redemption:

"Being justified freely by His grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 3:24).

"Who was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (4:25; 5:1).

"Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound, that... grace might reign through righteousness, unto eternal life, by Jesus Christ our Lord" (5:20,21).

So the message of salvation by grace is essentially good news about Christ and what He has wrought to purchase our redemption.

By C. R. Stam

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the