Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:31:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117204 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 16, 2004, 04:22:11 PM »

Salvation Exam

1. Why would I need to be saved? I'm not that bad of a person.
The most basic understanding and Biblical revelation about God is that He is:

a. Creator of Heaven and Earth.
b. He is the Judge of this world.
c. He is righteous, absolutely holy.

(Acts 17:24,25,31; Isaiah 6:3,5; I Samuel 2:2; Revelation 5:3 4)

As God, He sets the standards of right and wrong. And because He is Holy no sin can dwell in His presence. Therefore, He has set the standard of righteousness according to the measure of His own perfection. To dwell in His presence, one must be as perfect as God. (Habakkuk 1:13; Matthew 5:48; Revelation 21:8,10,11,27)

Sin is the problem with which we are all faced. Sin is transgression: stepping over the line, as in trespassing. Sin is an offence to God, we have sinned when we break any one of God's commandments and thereby have crossed the line and offended God. Simply put, sin is missing the mark of God's perfection. (Romans 5:12-14; 7:7,13,14; I John 3:4)

Since sin is the breaking of God's law, then all sin is ultimately against God. (Psalms 51:3,4)

Be assured, everyone has sinned, we've all offended God's justice. (Romans 3:l9,23; Ecclesiates 7:20; Psalms 14:1-3)

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 16, 2004, 04:24:48 PM »

Salvation Exam

2. Well, OK, so I'm not perfect and--yes--I have sinned against God. What penalty does that bear?
Just one act of disobedience is a sin and an offence to God which He (as the Judge) must condemn to the judgment of His wrath. (Romans 1:18; 2:4-6; Ephesians 5:5,6)

Since God hates sin and cannot dwell in the presence of sin, the sinner must be cast out of His presence. (Luke 9:25; II Thessalonians l:7-9)

Being condemned under wrath and cast out of God's presence does not end one's existence. This speaks of death the spiritual sense. Death is "separation," as in "departing from life." In physical death, our soul and spirit depart (separate) from our body--leaving it lifeless, ie., dead. Spiritual death is to be cast out of the presence of God--separated from God. Existence apart from God forever and ever is eternal death and damnation. (Ezekiel 18:4; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:14,15)

To die without God's salvation is to lose your soul unto the fires of Hell. (Luke 16:22, 23; Mark 8:36,37)

At the end of time, in eternity future, death and hell will be cast into the torment of the eternal lake of fire. (Revelation 14:10,11; 20:13-15)

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 16, 2004, 04:27:01 PM »

Salvation Exam

3. According to the standards of the Bible, no matter how hard I try, I'll never make it to heaven, will I?
No! God requires absolute perfection and you--being sinner by practice and by nature--cannot save yourself no matter how hard you try. (Romans 4:4,5; Isaiah 64:6; Jeremiah 17:5,7)

Doing what is right and being honest, courteous and helpful to others is part of what God requires of us. But that cannot make up for the times we fail. Doing a good deed does not subtract one bad deed. The good deed is only what is required of us at all times in the first place. So then, there is simply no way for us to make up for the many times we've failed. (Luke 17:7-10; Galatians 3:10; James 2:10)

If we cannot save ourselves, then we need a Savior separate from ourselves who is unlike any other human being. We need a Savior who is separate from sinners. (Matthew 1:20-23; 3:17; I Corinthians 15:20-22; Hebrews 4:14,15; 7:25-27)

We need a Savior who is perfect and who can find a way to take away our sins yet, at the same time, provide us with the righteousness God requires us to have. The Lord Jesus is such a Savior. (Romans 3:21, 22; 5:17; I Corinthians 1:30; Acts 4:12)

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 16, 2004, 04:29:29 PM »

Salvation Exam

4. How can Jesus save me from my sins?
Jesus Christ is one with God and yet became human by being born of a virgin. Through virgin birth, He is both God and man. Without having an earthly father, Jesus Christ was born without a sinful nature. He did what none of us could do; He lived the perfect life--without ever sinning. (Luke 2:40,52; 23:39-41)

But when Jesus Christ died, He died as a sinner and suffered not only the rejection of men but also the rejection of God the Father. (Matthew 27:43-46; Isaiah 53:3-11)

In death, Jesus Christ became our substitute and died our death to pay for the penalty of our sins. (Romans 5:6-8; I Corinthians 15:3,4; Peter 2:24: 3:18)
II Cor. 5:21 - For he (God) hath made him (Jesus Christ) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The Lord Jesus Christ not only died for our sins, but He also rose from the dead to become our Living Savior, the Mediator between God and man, our advocate before God the Father, the One who ever lives to make intercession for us. (Romans 5:10; 8:31-34; I Timothy 2:3-6; Hebrews 5:8,9; I John 2:1,2)

The death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ has provided for all mankind a complete and total salvation:

His death upon the cross was for all mankind - everyone, everywhere. (Romans 3:22; II Corinthians 5:14, 15)
His death upon the cross is the payment for all our sins (past, present, and future). (Acts 13:38, 39; I Corinthians 6:11; Hebrews 10:10,12,14,17)
By His death, He has provided the redemption (the payment of the price for our salvation), and by His death He has become our Redeemer (Romans 3:24; Ephesians 1:7; Titus 2:14)
By His death, He is the propitiation (the satisfying payment for our sins) to God the Father. (Romans 3:25; I John2:1,2; 4:9,10)
His death paid for our sins and His resurrection has become the means for our justification (a sinful person being declared righteous before a Holy God). (Romans 3:24,26; 5:1,8,9)
Through His death, burial, and resurrection, Jesus Christ has taken away our sins and has given His righteousness (the righteousness of God) to all who believe in Him and in His blood. Upon faith, the righteousness of Jesus Christ is imputed (put to the account) of the believer. (Romans 4:3,21-25; 5:17-21)
So then the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ has provided the total solution for all of man's problems before God. Our sins are taken away, perfect righteousness is imputed to us, and sinful man is declared righteous before a Holy God. Yes, the Lord Jesus Christ has provided it all. He has provided the means of reconciling us back to God. (Romans 5:10)

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 16, 2004, 04:31:38 PM »

Salvation Exam

5. What must I do to be saved?
"BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THOU SHALT BE SAVED." (Acts 16:30,31)

Since you are a sinner, there is no work that you can do to be saved. However, Jesus Christ has done all the works necessary to provide complete salvation for you. Therefore, all that is left for you to do is to receive the gift of eternal life which is through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

That gift is yours "BY GRACE" (undeserved and unmerited favor of God) "THROUGH FAITH" in what God said Jesus has done for you. (Romans 3:24; Ephesians 2:4,5,8 9; I Timothy 4:10)

The salvation of Jesus Christ becomes your salvation when you by faith believe in Jesus Christ--relying on or trusting in His blood alone--for your hope of eternal fife and favor with God. (Romans 1:16; 3:28; I Corinthians 1:18,21, 29-31; Galatians 2:16; 3:6,8,9,24,26)

Believing is not just all that you have to do to be saved…it is all that you CAN do to be saved today. God requires us to in His Son alone for our salvation. To try to work for salvation in any way is to reject the truth that Jesus Christ has done it all. That's "unbelief." Salvation is either by "works" (something done to earn it and deserve it) or it is by "grace" (unearned and undeserved). God said: "FOR BY GRACE ARE YE SAVED THROUGH FAITH; AND THAT NOT OF YOURSELVES; IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD; NOT OF WORKS, LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST." (Ephesians 2:8,9)

To try and work for your salvation is to reject God's grace and thereby to remain unsaved. (Romans 4:4,5; 10:1-4; Galatians 1:6-9; 2:21; 5:4; Philippians 3:3-9)

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 16, 2004, 04:34:16 PM »

Salvation Exam
6. Once I'm saved, am I saved forever? Permanently?
Yes! As soon as you believe the truth of the gospel, God keeps His Word and gives you the gift of eternal life. (Titus 1:2)

You are immediately washed of your sins, sanctified (set apart as holy) unto God, and justified (declared righteous) by God. (I Corinthians 6:11)

You are born again into God's family, regenerated, and renewed by Gods Holy Spirit and made a new creation in Christ. (Galatians 3:26; Titus 3:5; II Corinthians 5:17)

Upon belief, we are given the Spirit of life. The Holy Spirit of God indwells every Believer and, by His permanent abiding presence in us, we possess eternal life as a present possession. (Romans 8:2,9; I Corinthians 6:19,20; II Corinthians 3:6,17)

The Holy Spirit indwells the believer as soon as they believe, making them sons of God and sealing them until the day of redemption (the day Christ comes to take His purchased possession home to glory--bodily, physically, finally!). (Ephesians 1:12-14; Galatians 4:4-7)

The Holy Spirit is called "THE EARNEST," which means "a down payment." The Holy Spirit is given to us from God as a guarantee to us of eternal life. By the indwelling Holy Spirit, we have been given a down payment of eternal life promised by God. The Holy Spirit is said to be the seal of God's ownership until the day of redemption when He shall take us physically unto Himself forever in the resurrection. (I Corinthians 1:20-22; 5:5,6; Ephesians 1:12-14; 4:30)

We are saved eternally once we believe because that is what God has promised and God is always faithful to keep His Word. After all, isn't "ETERNAL LIFE" the gift that God has promised to give us upon belief? Then because God cannot lie, a life that never ends--eternally with Him--is exactly what we get the very moment we believe. (Romans 8:35-39; II Timothy 1:12; 2:11-13; Titus 1:2)

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 16, 2004, 04:38:53 PM »

Salvation Exam

7. After I am saved, should I go on living any way I please?
The Bible asks that very question and then answers it for us: "WHAT SHALL WE SAY, THEN? SHALL WE CONTINUE IN SIN THAT GRACE MAY ABOUND? GOD FORBID..."! (Romans 6:1, 2, 15)

We who have been saved by the grace of God have been baptized (placed into) Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit Himself baptizes us (places us) into Christ--into His death, burial, and resurrection-- the moment we believe the gospel. This baptism is the operation of God. Be assured that this is NOT water baptism because the verses say "INTO CHRIST," not "into water." (I Corinthians 12:13; Colossians 2:10-13)

The importance of this is to teach us how it is and why it is that God the Father sees us as righteous. He sees us in His Son, who is righteous. This relationship with Jesus Christ makes us secure and saved, but it also makes us (each one) a member of the "BODY OF CHRIST (His called out people), and--as His Body--we ought to serve Jesus Christ, who is our head. (Romans 6:3-6, 11-13, 19-23)

We have been saved to serve God. We are not saved by our works, but the Bible says we are saved "unto good works. The love that God displayed to us at the cross--and through saving us by His grace--works in our heart to motivate us to desire to please and serve Him who loved us so. We ought to serve Him--not because we have to (to get to heaven) but because we want to--seeing that He saved us when we were so undeserving. (Ephesians 2:8-10; Romans 12: 1,2; Titus 2:11-14)

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 18, 2004, 11:15:45 AM »

God can forgive us because Jesus stepped into the courtroom 2,000 years ago and paid the fine for us.

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 18, 2004, 04:03:46 PM »

Are you saved from God's eternal wrath upon sin? You know physical death is inevitable, so where will you go when you die?
Ephesians 2:8, 9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Before we can receive the gift of eternal life we must first acknowledge the fact that we are sinners.
Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
Sinners who are not saved will surely receive God's punishment.
Romans 6:23 says "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
You must come to an understanding and belief that you need a Saviour.
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;".
Believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day.
I Corinthians 15:1 - 4 says "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"
All that is required of us is to believe.
Romans 3:22 says "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:"
COMPLETE STUDY ON HOW TO BE SAVED…
"How can I be saved?" This is the single most important question you will ever ask, and the answer you receive is just as important. With this in mind we want to explain exactly how to be saved. How do you know if we're giving you the right answer? You won't until you personally and carefully review the scriptures. Search the word of God and determine for yourself whether or not what we teach you is accurate. Please pray upon what you study. Talk to God about what you learn and you will be blessed by this experience.
First of all let me say that salvation is so very simple. So simple in fact a child could understand and they most assuredly do. However, despite the simplicity of salvation you have no reason to doubt it's effectiveness. Human nature is to perform in order to receive. After all, our entire lives are based on this concept, at least in an earthly (carnal) sense. We work at our jobs to receive payment for our services. We pay money to receive goods and services. Our entire mentality revolves around this notion. Knowing this we can have an even greater appreciation for the means by which we receive eternal life. For it is by the grace of God through His faithfulness and our faith in Him that we receive this wonderful gift. Our works do not save us at all. Please read Ephesians 2:8, 9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." This is a key verse in understanding how to be saved.
Before we continue I want to discuss a very important fact that we must all face before we can be saved. This fact is that we are all sinners. Before we can receive the gift of eternal life we must first acknowledge the fact that we are sinners. There is nothing that we can do to change this fact because we were born with the sin nature inside each and everyone of us. Romans 5:12 says "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" When Adam transgressed against God he caused a state of separation to come between man and God. With this separation also came God's judgement upon man that we all be cursed with a sin nature. To further illustrate our sinfulness let us review two additional scriptures. Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." It is very important that we acknowledge and believe this fact before we continue.
We must also realize and believe that sinners who are not saved will surely receive God's punishment. Romans 6:23 says "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." In Revelation 20 we find a frightening description of what God's punishment for unjustified sin is. Verse 15 says "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Please read Revelation 20: 10 - 15) Let this be a startling reminder of the importance of not delaying because none of us know what tomorrow brings. Perhaps death lies near upon the horizon. Please don't delay!
Now that you've realized that you're a sinner facing God's eternal wrath upon sin, you must come to an understanding and belief that you need a Saviour. You must realize that there is nothing that you can do to avoid God's wrath. Now, here's the good news. You have a Saviour! Someone has already done what was impossible for you to accomplish. That someone is Jesus Christ. God the Father set forth His Son, Jesus Christ to be the sacrifice for sin. For your sin and for my sin. Romans 3:25 says "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;". In order for you to be saved and receive eternal life you must first be totally righteous in God's eyes. When Jesus Christ shed His blood on the cross He declared His righteousness for the remission of our sins. He offered a means by which we can be released from the guilt and the penalty of our sins. Romans 3:26 says "To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that He might be just, and the Justifier of him which believeth in Jesus".
Now, what must we do to receive this wonderful gift? Remember that we do nothing. All that is required of us is to believe. Simply believe that you are a sinner in need of a Saviour. Believe that God's wrath will be poured out upon sin. Believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins, was buried and rose again on the third day. I Corinthians 15:1 - 4 says "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"
The gospel of Jesus Christ is so simple yet so effective. This wonderful gift is offered to everyone and you can receive it. You can receive justification for your sins thanks to Christ Jesus. Because of His total righteousness and faithfulness you can also be totally righteous in the eyes of God. Simply believe and then you receive. Romans 3:22 says "Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:" If you believe this wonderful truth how that Christ died on the cross for your sins, was buried and risen again, you are saved. You have eternal life, which is sealed by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. Please spend time meditating upon these things and talk to God about your decision. Thank Him for sending Christ as your sin sacrifice. Spend time in God's word. Remember this; you speak to God through your prayers and He will speak to you through the Holy Scriptures.

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 20, 2004, 05:01:19 AM »

The Love of God

"We were by nature the children of wrath, even as others, BUT GOD, WHO IS RICH IN MERCY, FOR HIS GREAT LOVE WHEREWITH HE LOVED US, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ. By grace ye are saved" (Eph. 2:3-5).

"...after that THE KINDNESS AND LOVE OF GOD OUR SAVIOUR TOWARD MAN appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to HIS MERCY He saved us..." (Titus 3:4,5).

Does all this mean that God overlooks sin or condones it? By no means! In His love He paid for our sins on Calvary's cross "that He might be just and the Justifier of him that believeth in Jesus" (Rom. 3:26). This is why we read in Romans 5:8:

"GOD COMMENDETH HIS LOVE TOWARD US, IN THAT WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS CHRIST DIED FOR US".(Romans 5:Cool

<Smiley))><

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 25, 2004, 10:43:23 AM »

Christ died"FOR"our sins. (1 Corinthians 15:3)

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 25, 2004, 10:52:07 AM »

It's as easy as A-B-C!

ADMIT: That you're a sinner, condemned to physical and spiritual death, because you are not perfect. Romans 3:10, 6:23, & James 1:15 There is NONE righteous, no, not one ... the wages of sin is DEATH ... sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth DEATH. (Spiritual death is eternity in HELL.)

BELIEVE: that JESUS died, rose again, and that He alone can save you from sin, death, and Hell. Romans 10:9-10 believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness.

CONFESS: JESUS CHRIST, and nothing else, as your own Saviour. Romans 10:9-10 & 13 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus ... confession is made unto salvation ... whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Before it's too late, forever, DO IT NOW ! God's gift is FREE, and as easy as A-B-C !

You will eventually face God. It will not matter what any church taught, what any pastor said, or what you think (unless it agrees with God's word, the Bible). It will only matter what God said.

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 30, 2004, 05:34:54 AM »

THE POWER OF THE GOSPEL OF GRACE

By Cornelius R. Stam

"...the gospel... is come unto you, as it is in all the world, and
bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth" (Col. 1:5,6).

How wonderful to see the gospel of the grace of God do its
work! Paul had never even seen the Colossians. He had
only sent missionaries to them from Ephesus with the good
news of the grace of God, but this had produced amazing
results.

Wherever the gospel of the grace of God is preached in its
purity it produces results. No one hearing that message can
go away the same. Either he will consider it utter foolish-
ness and be hardened by it, or he will see its vital impor-
tance and be softened by it. Ultimately he will either be
eternally condemned, or eternally saved and justified by his
response to that message.

"The preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but unto us which are saved it is the power of God" (I Cor. 1:18). "Christ crucified... unto them which are called... the power of God and the wisdom of God" (I Cor. 1:23,24). "The power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth" (Rom. 1:16).

Mark well: it is "the gospel of the grace of God," the
"preaching of the cross," that produces such results. The
law of Moses never did, "For what the law could not do, in
that it was weak through the flesh," God sent His Son to
accomplish for us (Rom. 8:3,4). This is why Paul pro-
claimed, at Antioch of Pisidia:

"Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this Man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses" (Acts 13:38,39).

Gods message to us is a message of love, proclaiming to
even the vilest sinner that he may be "justified freely by
[Gods] grace, through the redemption that is in Christ
Jesus" (Rom. 3:24).

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 05, 2004, 05:13:19 AM »

WHAT DO YOU SEE?

« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 05:19:25 AM by Brother Love » Logged

<Smiley))><
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 05, 2004, 05:50:53 AM »

WHAT DO YOU SEE?

Aha!

GOD!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the