Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:02:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117661 times)
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 10, 2004, 09:25:12 AM »

You all have a major misconception here. THis is somethign that I struggled with for awhile. The idea of a believer's prayer is actually nowhere int eh Bible.

yes, God does state taht you msut beleive to be saved and baptied in Christ's blood. But Christ Also makes ti clear that you are baptied in hsi blood at teh tiem of your baptism int eh Holy Spirit, which is at teh time of your baptism.

As well, Baptism is only when submerged under water at a time when you are makign teh Conscious decision to follwo Christ.

Thusly, infant baptism and "sprinkling" are false forms of "baptism".

Here we see Christ say the person must be born again. At this point most would assume that means believing in Christ. However.. continuaing...

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  

Jhn 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?  

Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

We see that Christ further extends upon the concept of born again, revealing it here as the fullness. If you look back to the stories of baptism in the Bible, you will see that whenever a person came to faith, they were immediatly baptized. At This Point, the Holy Spirit entered the person.

Jhn 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  

Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.  

http://bebaptized.org/

Expose, you may think this is a strange saying, but it is nevertheless true. There is no salvation in religion. No matter what kind of religion you have, it cannot save your soul, it cannot provide you with a title to heaven.

There is a vast difference between having a religion and having Christ -- a vast difference. Cain had a religion; he brought an offering to God's altar, but he had no Christ. His religion was "floral." appealing to the senses -- as the religion of many a man does today -- but there was nothing in it acceptable to God; nothing in it to atone for sin. So God had "no respect" to Cain for his religion. He rejected it.

Saul of Tarsus had a religion, and excelled his equals in devotion to it, yet he was, as he tells us himself, an enemy of God and an ignorant unbeliever (I Tim. 1:13). If any man could have earned a title to heaven by religion, Saul of Tarsus was that man, but he did not. Neither will you, for there is no salvation in religion, no merit, no gaining favor with God by being religious. The Lord Jesus Christ alone is the sinner's Saviour. His blood can cleanse. His power can deliver. He is willing to save, He is able to keep. If you would be saved, cast your religion from you, and as a guilty sinner, claim Christ as your personal Saviour. Do it now!

But God commendeth His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died "FOR" us." -- Romans 5:8

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Expose

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 10, 2004, 09:37:58 AM »

What on Earth (To steal a British phrase) are you on about?

Did you not just see that I posted directly from Christ's words?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 10, 2004, 04:50:29 PM »

What on Earth (To steal a British phrase) are you on about?

Did you not just see that I posted directly from Christ's words?

Expose,

If you understood the difference between having religion and having Christ, you wouldn't need to ask.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Expose

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 10, 2004, 07:15:45 PM »

It's sad that you both are so high-and-mighty at thsi point. You are examplifying exactly what Christ said in Isaiah.

Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

The both of you are looking upon yourselves as righteous, and assuming what I do or don't know. In that same breath, you dismiss whatever I have said without considering it and without explanation to your dismissal.

You remind me more of atheists than Christians.

Am I wrong because I challenge what you have so long accepted?

2Cr 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

We are told to prove or teest ourselves, and to prove other things, and other people.

The information I have supplied I supply after having proven it to myself, and supply so that you can prove it, test it.

Yet you won't even take a look.

Surely that isn't the embracing nature fo Christ, and that isn't fellowship.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 10, 2004, 07:37:04 PM »

Expose - JitC,

I'm not high and mighty, but my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, IS! I certainly don't look at myself as being righteous at all, but my SAVIOUR is. I yield to the righteousness of Jesus Christ. That's a good thing since men don't have any righteousness.

I guess that's what you didn't understand. Sitting in church and going through the motions of religion mean absolutely nothing. One can spend their entire lives doing this and be lost. In fact, many do sit in church a few hours a week and wallow in sin and darkness the rest of the time. If you understood this, your question would not be necessary. Are you one of those folks?

The only thing that matters is faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

Tom

Expose

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 11, 2004, 12:13:59 AM »

You're only further driving yourself into a self-righetous, intellectually lazy state. Do you even realize that you accusedme there of being a typical, uneducated Christian with no zeal?

The verse that comes to mind is Judge not, lest ye be judged. Whiel hat may nto fit entirely in thsi conext, the point of the matter is that you're taking steps to assume something about me because ihave challenged your doctrine.

Oh, dirty wrod? Your "religious" stance is that belief in Christ is the only key to salvation. That IS Doctrine.

Doctrine isn't an evil word.

The fact of the matter is that I'm doing what Christ commanded me, and I'm observing his teachings; That IS what a Christian is.

Don't try to equate somethign that Christ specifically indicated as a part of his ministry with the doctrine of man like Catholocism's confessions or Judaism's law.

You have been taken in by those who are preaching a doctrine that is another, and is not.

You aer subjecting yourself to views of universe equality in belief; of lack of rebuking or chastizing. Christ specifically taught against such things.

Do you also promote homosexuality as Godly? I mean no assumptive point by that, but it woudl help to explain stance on this arguement.

By the way, in another of your assumptions it seems you're claiming I'm someone you knew from this forum. Therefore you're predisposing yourself toward me, another action you should check yourself on.

Christianity isn't a religion, liek the religions of the world, and it doesn't begin and end at the building doors.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 11, 2004, 03:48:12 AM »

Expose - JitC,

Especially as an anarchist.

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 11, 2004, 04:01:07 AM »

Expose - JitC,

Especially as an anarchist.

DITTO

Grin

<Smiley))><
Expose

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 11, 2004, 06:31:53 PM »

Lol. So now you're nto only trying to pin me as someone else, not only being a complete hypocrite, and not only predisposing yourself (Which is also unChristian), but you'e claiming I'm an anarchist!?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 12, 2004, 02:05:08 AM »

Lol. So now you're nto only trying to pin me as someone else, not only being a complete hypocrite, and not only predisposing yourself (Which is also unChristian), but you'e claiming I'm an anarchist!?

This needs to go on one of your web sites immediately.  Herds of pokemons have been cloned in the lab and are now training in a massive army in area 2005 in the desert. There are pictures, and they have black helicopters and UN helmets. Their shoulder patches say "NWO" on them - I assume "New World Order". UM??, I wonder if area 2005 means that they will be ready to make pokemons out of the rest of us by 2005.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:24:51 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 12, 2004, 04:31:48 PM »

Is salvation Free ?

Let's look at this question; Is salvation free? Is there any work to do to get saved? For the answers to these questions let's go to the Bible- the Final Authority. In Romans 5:12-21 God uses the word free 3x and the word gift 6x. There is nine uses of the word "FREE" in nine verses ( funny how God works). In Romans 6:23 it says, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord". So here it says that eternal life is a gift from God. Ephesians 2:8,9 it says, " For by grace ye are saved through faith; and not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast". You mean to tell me I'm saved by grace through faith and not by works? That's what God says! It's what I believe and not what I do! IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD. Did you see that? I can't do anything to earn my salvation; no works can ever get me to God. Is there any works that can get me to God, you ask? Answer: not your own! You can count on the work that Jesus Christ did for you. The work that set you and I free from sin, death, and hell! He paid our sin debt in full to God. He died on your behalf- with your sin, took those sins into Hell, God was satisfied with the price He paid, then raised Him from the dead for your justification. Justified means to be made right! Do you want to be made right with God? Then you have to believe and trust in Christ and His work to save you. Without this you are still lost and without God! Without the blood of Christ nobody in this world can go to heaven! The good news is that salvation is 100% FREE. It's by grace through faith; it's what you believe. Do you believe that Jesus Christ paid for your sin at the cross? Romans 4:25 says that Christ was delivered for our offenses and raised for our justification, do you believe that? I hope so because it's the truth. All the stuff we were taught in church that you have to live right, be baptized, repent daily, try to quit sinning, and all that is wrong. If we could live right then why in the world would God send His Son to die for us? I mean if we could do this ourselves then why did Jesus die? Galations 2:21 says, " I do not frustrate the grace of God, for if righteousness came by the law then Christ is dead in vain". Vain is without a cause. God would have had no cause to send His Son to die for us. Did you ever see God do anything without a cause? Do you think He would? There are alot of people in the world who frustrate the grace of God. Most, or nearly all, religious people do. They think you have to do certain things to gain grace; then it isn't grace to begin with. Grace doesn't come through works since the two don't mix Romans 11:5,6. Titus 3:5 says, " Not by works of righteousness that we have done, but by His mercy He saved us...". It was Gods decision to send Jesus to pay for our sins and His plan to forgive mankind through Christ and the cross. If it was His plan to do this then who are we to argue this? People call God a liar by believing and teaching that there are 6 steps to grace, you have to meet certain requirements to get saved, etc. You do have to believe the Gospel and trust Christ but there is no work in that. In Leviticus 17:11 it says that it takes blood to atone for our souls and make it right to God! Are you a Bible believer? Are you going to shed your blood? Why Not? Because Jesus already made an atonement for you and I - Romans 5:11. Also, in verse 9, we have been justified by His blood and saved from the wrath of God, AMEN. Do you want to feel Gods wrath like most of the people in this world? Then believe and put trust in the shed blood of Jesus Christ and the fact that He died your death and God will save you right where you're at, and you will go to Heaven. Believe not and Hell will swallow you up when you die faster than you can blink your eyes!! Don't fight God - TRUST CHRIST TODAY.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:26:38 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

<Smiley))><
Aiden

I seek Truth, I seek God.

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 12, 2004, 08:15:31 PM »

Balance is definitely vital to the Christian walk. It is by grace that we are saved, not only that, but it is grace that allows me to pray for grace. Works are not causes, but effects. Because I am redeemed and held in awe by God, I want to do better. Not only that, but Christ himself is making me better. There grace is present yet again. Works are the fruits of a tree. Judge a tree by its fruit. Yet works without faith and grace are dead. I'm not sure if this spoke to anyone, but I hope it did.

-Aiden-
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 08:16:26 PM by Aiden » Logged
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 13, 2004, 03:37:25 PM »

The Preaching of the Cross

We will look at one verse of scripture here. Remember there are absolutes. The Bible means absolutely what it says, where it says it, and to who it says it. It is the only and final authority in our lives. I repeat this again because if you don't understand this then you will never believe what it's pages say and you are wasting your time, and mine! In I Corinthians 1:18 it says, " For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but unto us which are saved it is the power of God". Woe, this verse says so much I don't know if I can fully explain it here. The preaching of the cross is what will save a dying world. Most of the people in this world will die and end up in Hell. This is a shame because nobody has to go there; people chose to reject the cross and what Jesus Christ did for us. Our eternal lives were bought at the cross and it is only by the work of Jesus Christ at the cross that has power from God, after all He says that it is the power of God unto salvation. If anyone in this world today will get saved they will do it by putting all thier trust in what the Lord Jesus Christ did for them at the cross and not by thier works! It's not by your trying to live right, asking Jesus into your heart, walking the isle, saying a prayer, going to church, trying to keep the commandments, etc. that gets you into heaven but it's because of the debt that Jesus paid for you at the cross! What did He do at the cross, you say? He freed you and I from sin, death, and Hell! He paid our sin debt to God in your stead! The wages of sin is death, Rom. 6:23, so He died our death. Not only was our sin placed on Him at the cross, but when He died His soul went into hell with our sins. Why? because as a sinner you and I are supposed to die and go to hell! God in all His righteousness cannot allow sin to go unpunished, so He punished His only Son for us. Isaiah 53 also talks about that His soul was made an offering for sin. Once God was satisfied that He paid the debt He was raised out of there and our sins were left there. Hebrews 9:27 says, It is appointed unto men once to die, and after that the judgement. Jesus died with our sins and was judged, pronounced guilty, and sent to hell with your punishment! He was raised again for our justification ( our rigteousness ). Justified means to be made right. This is how we are made right by God, not by anything we do or don't do, like religion! See religion teaches man to justify himself before God by doing other things other than trusting in His work for us; they make it say that we have to work either to get it or keep it. What they do is call God a liar! The worst part about it is that most religious people are lost and don't even know it. Lose everything you think you know and put 100% trust in Jesus Christ and His death, Burial, and Resurrection to save you and God will save you. Believe ON the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved! What are you going to believe on? Jesus was a good man? He was the Son of God? He did many great things? These are all true but the thing to believe on is What He accomplished for you and I. Believe God and we will see you in Heaven!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:27:26 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 14, 2004, 03:35:59 PM »

HOUSE FOR SALE

ADDRESS:  
Heaven

FEATURES:
    Many rooms with a master suite
    Spacious love
    Open floor plan for peace
    Large eat-in grace
    Fenced in mercy with room for expansion
    Son room with a marvelous view of salvation
    Pool of milk and honey in the back
    Pearly gates in front

DIRECTIONS:
    The only way to the Father is through the Son

PRICE:
    $0.00 - Calvary - Owner financing

COMMUNITY:
    Friendly angelic neighbors.
    Great family and friends.
    Praise the Lord all day and night.

BONUS:
    Crown of stars, new luxurious robe and golden slippers with
matching wings.  Bring a friend and get a reward.

For more information, call your local agent or
representative - Name, address and phone number listed below.

NAME: Jesus Christ
ADDRESS: Repent Highway and Streets of Gold
PHONE:  Dial John 3:16

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 16, 2004, 07:58:03 AM »

All men are under the sin curse of Adam.  No man is good and no one can reach God by his good works.  The penalty of sin is death and eternal damnation. Jesus Christ paid our sin debt with his blood when he died on the cross.  Each individual has to accept this gospel of salvation to receive eternal life.  There is no other way.  The gospel of your salvation is that Jesus Christ died for your sins and was buried and rose from the dead.  Believe that Christ died for you sins and trust him as your savior and you will be saved.

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the