Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:41:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117547 times)
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: July 08, 2006, 08:55:54 AM »

snatcher  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

yes, I'm guilty as charged

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #481 on: July 08, 2006, 09:44:03 AM »

Umm... I just NOW noticed the poll... and maybe this has already been said ( I have not read all the replies) but... all the choices to pick from... well... the poll question is: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven  No where was the choice of" Trusting/Believing in Jesus" ....... Without JESUS... the other choices do not even matter!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 08, 2006, 10:29:27 AM »

Amen Tina!

Rom 5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2  By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Rom 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 10:41:30 AM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: July 08, 2006, 10:37:34 AM »

Since the right answer isn't there, I vote none of the above.  We can only get to heaven, by the Grace of God.  The only way to get the Grace of God, is through Jesus. For that we must be born again, there is no other way.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 08, 2006, 10:44:16 AM »

There you go brothers and sisters the poll has been edited accordingly.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: July 08, 2006, 10:56:06 AM »

Good grief I don't believe how many voted, "Obeying God's law and commandments" Shocked

And yes I voted, "Grace of God, through faith in Jesus Christ"

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 08, 2006, 10:59:18 AM »

I couldn't believe it either, brother.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 08, 2006, 11:46:56 AM »

Brothers and Sisters I noticed that when I decided to revive this thread, but I didn't know whether to edit it of not, I think it was started by someone who is no longer with us. But I am glad that now it is fixed. I noticed a lot of guests visit this thread often and I wanted to make sure that at least the plan of Salvation was mentioned here, since it was no where in the poll.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 08, 2006, 01:47:41 PM »

As was pointed out to me by airIam2worship, the person that started this thread made the poll the way he did for a purpose. As was said in the very first post in this thread "If you picked one or more of the above items, you failed the test.".

Salvation is not by any one of those choices in the poll, Salvation is by the Grace of God and through our faith in the hope that was provided us through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

linssue55
« Reply #489 on: July 11, 2006, 10:19:54 AM »

Now see below how you scored on the test

Explanation

If you picked one or more of the above items, you failed the test. Don't feel badly though, most people do fail. Most are to some degree"religious", but religions are nothing more than man-made attempts to reach God.

The real answer of how to get to Heaven is not found in some religious system or by man's self-righteousness. God has declared that "there is none righteous, no not one" (Romans 3:10). "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"(Romans 3:23).

Further, God's Word teaches that sin is a very serious matter. II Thessalonians 1:9 tells of "everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord."

What can you do about your sin problem ? Can you clean up your life, do good works and hope that in the end your good works will outweigh your bad works ? NO! Salvation does not come to those who work for it, but to those who cease from their own works, placing their trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 4:5 makes that point abundantly clear: "To him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. "In Ephesians 2:8 & 9, it is declared, "For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast."

The issue is not what you can do for God, but what He has done for you. "But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:Cool. "He hath made Him (Jesus) to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (II Corinthians 5:21). You have no righteousness of your own. To have eternal life you must have the righteousness of Christ (see Romans 3:26).

What then is your responsibility? God has given you a free will to either accept or reject what He has done for you. To have God's righteousness, you must believe that "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried; and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" (I Corinthians 15:3, 4).
Your response to the gospel should be as we read of the Ephesians: "In Whom (the Lord Jesus Christ) ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise" (Ephesians 1:13). This seal is a guarantee that your salvation is eternal--you can never lose it (see Ephesians 1:14, 4:30, IICorinthians 1:22).

"Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13)

I didn't vote at all, because it didn't have........"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved."  It is Never what WE do........it is what HE does for us.  Keep our eyes on HIM and our eyes OFF of ourselves (this is works).
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 11, 2006, 11:06:39 AM »

AMEN Lin.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 11, 2006, 01:40:50 PM »

I didn't vote at all, because it didn't have........"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved."  It is Never what WE do........it is what HE does for us.  Keep our eyes on HIM and our eyes OFF of ourselves (this is works).

Amen sister. That is the only answer that applies. It is Jesus that did it all for us. Without Him our righteousness is nothing.

linssue55
« Reply #492 on: July 11, 2006, 03:33:32 PM »

Amen sister. That is the only answer that applies. It is Jesus that did it all for us. Without Him our righteousness is nothing.

When I think deep about what He did for me, I think "I am so unworthy of His abundant grace and mercy, I am such a terrible sinner."  His love for me and ALL mankind never ceases to amaze me being so unworthy of His love.  It is mesmerizing when you concentrate on it!
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 11, 2006, 04:06:45 PM »

Yes it is Lin, He made us, He sustains us, we have sinned against Him and He still loves us. So much that He stooped down to our level came to the earth He created, and let His creation beat Him, mock Him, spit on Him, crucify Him. All so He could buy us back and save us from sin.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the