Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:45:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Am I Going to Heaven ?
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Pick from the list below what you think is necessary to get you to heaven.
 Obeying God's law and commandments - 28 (52.8%)
Doing your best - 7 (13.2%)
Living a good life - 2 (3.8%)
Good works - 3 (5.7%)
Tithing, or giving money to the church - 1 (1.9%)
Church membership or attendance - 1 (1.9%)
Water baptism - 7 (13.2%)
Holy communion - 4 (7.5%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I Going to Heaven ?  (Read 117206 times)
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 16, 2004, 02:48:19 PM »

FALSE TEACHING!

Now see below how you scored on the test

Explanation

If you picked one or more of the above items, you failed the test. Don't feel badly though, most people do fail. Most are to some degree"religious", but religions are nothing more than man-made attempts to reach God.

The real answer of how to get to Heaven is not found in some religious system or by man's self-righteousness. God has declared that "there is none righteous, no not one" (Romans 3:10). "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"(Romans 3:23).

Further, God's Word teaches that sin is a very serious matter. II Thessalonians 1:9 tells of "everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord."

What can you do about your sin problem ? Can you clean up your life, do good works and hope that in the end your good works will outweigh your bad works ? NO! Salvation does not come to those who work for it, but to those who cease from their own works, placing their trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 4:5 makes that point abundantly clear: "To him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. "In Ephesians 2:8 & 9, it is declared, "For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast."

The issue is not what you can do for God, but what He has done for you. "But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:Cool. "He hath made Him (Jesus) to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (II Corinthians 5:21). You have no righteousness of your own. To have eternal life you must have the righteousness of Christ (see Romans 3:26).

What then is your responsibility? God has given you a free will to either accept or reject what He has done for you. To have God's righteousness, you must believe that "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that He was buried; and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" (I Corinthians 15:3, 4).
Your response to the gospel should be as we read of the Ephesians: "In Whom (the Lord Jesus Christ) ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in Whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise" (Ephesians 1:13). This seal is a guarantee that your salvation is eternal--you can never lose it (see Ephesians 1:14, 4:30, IICorinthians 1:22).

"Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13)

Actually...it is the combination of accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as your saviour, which He alone, gives the converted person, the power (grace) to keep all 10 commandments ....which results in gaining eternal life in heaven.

Missing one, or the other results in eternal death...for all eternity !
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 01:30:54 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 17, 2004, 12:12:51 AM »

We will look at one verse of scripture here. Remember there are absolutes. The Bible means absolutely what it says, where it says it, and to who it says it. It is the only and final authority in our lives. I repeat this again because if you don't understand this then you will never believe what it's pages say and you are wasting your time, and mine! In I Corinthians 1:18 it says, " For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness, but unto us which are saved it is the power of God". Woe, this verse says so much I don't know if I can fully explain it here. The preaching of the cross is what will save a dying world. Most of the people in this world will die and end up in Hell. This is a shame because nobody has to go there; people chose to reject the cross and what Jesus Christ did for us. Our eternal lives were bought at the cross and it is only by the work of Jesus Christ at the cross that has power from God, after all He says that it is the power of God unto salvation. If anyone in this world today will get saved they will do it by putting all thier trust in what the Lord Jesus Christ did for them at the cross and not by thier works! It's not by your trying to live right, asking Jesus into your heart, walking the isle, saying a prayer, going to church, trying to keep the commandments, etc. that gets you into heaven but it's because of the debt that Jesus paid for you at the cross! What did He do at the cross, you say? He freed you and I from sin, death, and Hell! He paid our sin debt to God in your stead! The wages of sin is death, Rom. 6:23, so He died our death. Not only was our sin placed on Him at the cross, but when He died His soul went into hell with our sins. Why? because as a sinner you and I are supposed to die and go to hell! God in all His righteousness cannot allow sin to go unpunished, so He punished His only Son for us. Isaiah 53 also talks about that His soul was made an offering for sin. Once God was satisfied that He paid the debt He was raised out of there and our sins were left there. Hebrews 9:27 says, It is appointed unto men once to die, and after that the judgement. Jesus died with our sins and was judged, pronounced guilty, and sent to hell with your punishment! He was raised again for our justification ( our rigteousness ). Justified means to be made right. This is how we are made right by God, not by anything we do or don't do, like religion! See religion teaches man to justify himself before God by doing other things other than trusting in His work for us; they make it say that we have to work either to get it or keep it. What they do is call God a liar! The worst part about it is that most religious people are lost and don't even know it. Lose everything you think you know and put 100% trust in Jesus Christ and His death, Burial, and Resurrection to save you and God will save you. Believe ON the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved! What are you going to believe on? Jesus was a good man? He was the Son of God? He did many great things? These are all true but the thing to believe on is What He accomplished for you and I. Believe God and we will see you in Heaven!

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 17, 2004, 12:29:54 AM »

What is the hope of the cross?

I know Christ died my death on the cross so that I may have eternal life. But in everyday life what does that mean to a believer. It certainly does not take the bumps out of the road of life.

Sadly, you will hear many Christians when tragedy strikes them or a loved one, point to God and blame Him.

The truth about Christ's painful death on the cross is that Christ did not come to remove our human sufferings but to show us a way through it to all of the heavenly blessings beyond.
Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,.

He has given us the strength to survive our tribulations until we are called home. His death on the cross is our guarantee! That is the hope of the cross.

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 20, 2004, 05:04:46 AM »

<Smiley))><
amandalowe

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 21, 2004, 07:07:35 PM »

Hi there, I'm not one of those die hard christians but I believe there is a God. I DON'T BELIEVE MAN EVOLVED FROM APES. I'm skeptical about certain things but a friend let me borrow her book called JOHN 1:12. It deals with the supernatural and God's intervention. You always wonder about stories about people experiencing supernatural things, about demons and angels but it kind of hard to dismiss these things. I guess I'm glad I never experience anything like it. Huh
amandalowe

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 21, 2004, 07:10:47 PM »

Hi there, I'm not one of those die hard christians but I believe there is a God. I DON'T BELIEVE MAN EVOLVED FROM APES. I'm skeptical about certain things but a friend let me borrow her book called JOHN 1:12. It deals with the supernatural and God's intervention. You always wonder about stories about people experiencing supernatural things, about demons and angels but it kind of hard to dismiss these things. I guess I'm glad I never experience anything like it. Huh
wilbertellis

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 21, 2004, 07:23:09 PM »

Why repeat yourself, we heard you the first time, just kiddin'. That book you're talking about is a real good read... better than I thought it would be. Only thing I didn't like about it is I had to buy it from Barnes and Noble, I hate that place! Too cheesy for my blood.  Smiley
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 23, 2004, 07:29:03 AM »

If you are trying to please God by doing something for salvation that he never told you to do then - You cannot lose it because you never had it.
There is much confusion in traditional , religious and denominational circles concerning this question.

But you do not have to be confused.

There are all kinds of religious "tricks" to be saved but none of them work.

And deep down in your heart you know they do not work.

You know they conflict with the word of God.

You know when you ask questions you get slapped down or embarrassed.

You cannot lose salvation in this age but you only find that information in the Pauline epistles.

Religion does not want you to know it!

Denominationalism does not understand it!

Tradition does not believe it.

Do you want it?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 07:29:48 AM by Brother Love » Logged

<Smiley))><
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 23, 2004, 10:15:41 AM »

You cannot lose salvation in this age but you only find that information in the Pauline epistles.

FALSE TEACHING!

Salvation is not a matter of gaining or losing.

Salvation is a result....of not committing sin.

Matthew 1:21   "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall [save] his people [from] their sins".  

1 John 3:9   "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God".  
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 10:09:12 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 23, 2004, 11:32:22 AM »

Matthew 1:21   "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall [save] his people [from] their sins".  

1 John 3:9   "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God".  

SilverSurfer you get "TWO" more Thumbs Down

<Smiley))><
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 23, 2004, 10:12:02 PM »

FALSE TEACHING!

Silver Surfer,

You shouldn't quote isolated Bible Verses, especially if you don't have a clue what they mean. Your teaching is false.

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 24, 2004, 09:10:55 AM »

FALSE TEACHING!

Silver Surfer,

You shouldn't quote isolated Bible Verses, especially if you don't have a clue what they mean. Your teaching is false.

DITTO!!!!

<Smiley))><
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 24, 2004, 11:55:03 AM »

SilverSurfer you get "TWO" more Thumbs Down

I only present what the Bible says....it is your choice to believe what scripture says or not.

Jesus said:  "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by [every word] that proceedeth out of the mouth of God", (Matthew 4:4)  
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 24, 2004, 03:43:25 PM »

Silver Surfer,

It makes me very sad to know that lost people and babes in Christ are reading your false teaching. You are not teaching with any Biblical accuracy or authority at all. Your teaching really doesn't resemble Biblical accuracy, rather the picking and choosing of isolated portions for the purpose of distortion and Ellen G. White brain-washing.

(1 John 1:Cool  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
(1 John 1:9)  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(1 John 1:10)  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

HIS WORD is not in you. You don't know the reality of man, much less the reality of Jesus. Many of us have tried to help you, but you are blind. NOW, it is a matter of who you are hurting, specifically the lost and the babes in Christ. You are placing stumbling blocks for the sharing of the Gospel of God's Grace. In short, you are helping the devil with your false teaching.

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 25, 2004, 05:12:37 PM »

Silver Surfer,

It makes me very sad to know that lost people and babes in Christ are reading your false teaching. You are not teaching with any Biblical accuracy or authority at all. Your teaching really doesn't resemble Biblical accuracy, rather the picking and choosing of isolated portions for the purpose of distortion and Ellen G. White brain-washing.

(1 John 1:Cool  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
(1 John 1:9)  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(1 John 1:10)  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

HIS WORD is not in you. You don't know the reality of man, much less the reality of Jesus. Many of us have tried to help you, but you are blind. NOW, it is a matter of who you are hurting, specifically the lost and the babes in Christ. You are placing stumbling blocks for the sharing of the Gospel of God's Grace. In short, you are helping the devil with your false teaching.

Thanks Bro, Amen

<Smiley))><
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the