Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:51:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  John 14:12-14
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: John 14:12-14  (Read 13796 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 04:17:26 PM »

Because man thinks the miracles are 'great works' does not mean Jesus was talking miracles. In reading John 13 and 14 it doesn't read as if He is talking of what we call miracles. But talking of loving our brothers. I see also in chapter 15/16 He is talking of the Comforter.  

John 16:7

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
KJV

Jesus was saying although He was leaving, the work should not stop.  He tells this to his disciples to assure them, to comfort them.  "Because" He goes to His father it is imperative that they have the power to do as Christ did (perform miracles, etc.) so Christ's work doesn't suffer.  Jesus goes to the Father so He can send the Holy Spirit to imbue them with power to continue the work.  He just isn't sending the Holy Spirit to comfort them in His absence.  He told them He would be with them through prayer.  They could ask for anything in His name and He would do it.  We know "anything" is not just "any thing".  Anything, as far as I'm concerned is for the glory of God.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 04:29:03 PM »

Because man thinks the miracles are 'great works' does not mean Jesus was talking miracles. In reading John 13 and 14 it doesn't read as if He is talking of what we call miracles. But talking of loving our brothers. I see also in chapter 15/16 He is talking of the Comforter.  

John 16:7

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
KJV

Reba,

I believe He WAS talking about miracles and also comforting his disciples.  Jesus was assuring them that, even though He was leaving, they could carry on His work and do greater miracles than He did, because He was sending them the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, to empower them to do it.  Remember the day of Pentecost?  They were amazed!!  

musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 12:33:26 AM »

Cris,
      I think I understand what you are asking, a
miracle- An intervention in the natural universe by God (Bible refrence companion), your asking about  a
supernatural happening, such as the healing of the blind man, parting of the red sea, people being raised from the dead. The conversion of saul, The miracle that Christ himself performed,
your asking why aren't we seeing them today, what has happened to miracle?

I shared with you when a women was healed of deafness, and heard testimonies of miracles occuring from people who I know personally that are missionaries in the Phillipines. I don't want to be like in the days of demanding a sign either. But is sure is exciting when a miracles occurs. I am literally praying for a miracle for me home. Maybe we as a people have gotten so far away from what God intended he can't perfom his miracles any more. I wonder if there is a lull in the times of miralce to allow the "setting up" of the world for the end times. I dont' really know just wondering too.

musicllover

musicllover
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2005, 05:31:30 PM »

Cris,
miracle- An intervention in the natural universe by God (Bible refrence companion), your asking about  a
supernatural happening, such as the healing of the blind man, parting of the red sea, people being raised from the dead. The conversion of saul, The miracle that Christ himself performed,

I shared with you when a women was healed of deafness, and heard testimonies of miracles occuring from people who I know personally that are missionaries in the Phillipines. I don't want to be like in the days of demanding a sign either. But is sure is exciting when a miracles occurs. I am literally praying for a miracle for me home. Maybe we as a people have gotten so far away from what God intended he can't perfom his miracles any more. I wonder if there is a lull in the times of miralce to allow the "setting up" of the world for the end times. I dont' really know just wondering too.

musicllover

OKAY!  WHEW!  What did I say that wasn't clear, or, how else could I have phrased it?  Glad you got it musicllover.  That was exactly what I meant.  Yes, I remember you sharing your experience with miracles.  I just don't think there are enough of them.  Seems to me they should be more commonplace.  It's not God's fault there aren't more of them.  It's ours.  From what I've heard, miracles are far more prevalent in third world countries.  I would guess that's because when they hear about Jesus Christ for the first time, they BELIEVE.  They do become like little children as the bible tells us we must.  I wonder about the same things you mentioned, too.

I HOPE YOU GET YOUR MIRACLE.  Father God, I just lift up my sister, musicllover to You.  Oh, Lord God, hear her prayer to You and perform that miracle.  Father, bless her whole family.  Reveal Yourself to them in a way that they cannot ever doubt.  Send Your angels to do battle for musicllover.  Send Your angels to protect her and her home, in the name of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

cris

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2005, 05:45:31 PM »

Well, I recieved a miracle, last night!!  I went to turn on the TV, this afternoon, and got BLASTED OUT!!!!!!!!!

Normally I have the TV on 55,(volume) to hear it. I had to turn it down to 30 this afternoon. I can hear my cats!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I have been deaf, for so long, it's funny. Right now I am crying, because I haven't hears things I am, hearing.

Now I know, I am resting in the Lord's arms!
Bob

musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 06:07:51 PM »

Well, I recieved a miracle, last night!!  I went to turn on the TV, this afternoon, and got BLASTED OUT!!!!!!!!!

Normally I have the TV on 55,(volume) to hear it. I had to turn it down to 30 this afternoon. I can hear my cats!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I have been deaf, for so long, it's funny. Right now I am crying, because I haven't hears things I am, hearing.

Bob
Bob, !!!!!!!!!!
     ALL glory and honor to GOd, Praise the LORD. THat is so neat. God is great, God is good. ..... Grin
keeping sharing and believing

musicllover
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 06:31:19 PM by musicllover » Logged

musicllover
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2005, 06:15:14 PM »

Cris,

musicllover

OKAY!  WHEW!  What did I say that wasn't clear, or, how else could I have phrased it?  Glad you got it musicllover.  That was exactly what I meant.  Yes, I remember you sharing your experience with miracles.  I just don't think there are enough of them.  Seems to me they should be more commonplace.  It's not God's fault there aren't more of them.  It's ours.  From what I've heard, miracles are far more prevalent in third world countries.  I would guess that's because when they hear about Jesus Christ for the first time, they BELIEVE.  They do become like little children as the bible tells us we must.  I wonder about the same things you mentioned, too.

I HOPE YOU GET YOUR MIRACLE.  Father God, I just lift up my sister, musicllover to You.  Oh, Lord God, hear her prayer to You and perform that miracle.  Father, bless her whole family.  Reveal Yourself to them in a way that they cannot ever doubt.  Send Your angels to do battle for musicllover.  Send Your angels to protect her and her home, in the name of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

cris

Cris,
      I am sure the lack of miracle is the result of peoples doubt and disbelief. Our lack of obedience to the word, abortion, and gay rights.......among a milliion other acts of rebellion. It all affects us as a nation.
     Part of the apostesy of the church I suppose, but I'm not one of them. I would give my eye teeth to see a miracle or be a part of a mircale, except my teeth go in cup everynight so guess that isn't a fair exchange..... Tongue. I don't want a sign I just want to be privalaged enough to be where God is acting in a super natural way.  It does seem like miracles occur in 3 world countries more than they do in USA, but we are such skeptics, and proud, doubters that it makes it hard for God to do what he really wants to do.
Thanks you for your prayer, thank God that he heard it too.
musicllover

musicllover
Reba
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2005, 06:21:05 PM »

Bob
[size=10]Wonderfull now we wont have to post so LOUD[/size]

SHhhhhh   Wonderfull now we wont have to post so LOUD God is wonderfull always...
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2005, 07:13:18 PM »

Bob
Bob, !!!!!!!!!!
     ALL glory and honor to GOd, Praise the LORD. THat is so neat. God is great, God is good. ..... Grin
keeping sharing and believing

musicllover

Dreamweaver,

I'm crying with ya buddy. I'm absolutely thrilled for you.  Tell us more about it.  Were you praying for a miracle?  You cannot believe how excited I am for you.  Oh, praise God.  Oh, thank you Lord God for bringing back DW's hearing.  I feel like jumping up and down, a yellin' and a screamin' thank you's to the Lord.  I could not be any more thrilled if it happened to me.  I am just so very HAPPY to hear this, well, I mean, SEE this.  You know what I mean. Even though I don't know you, nor have I ever seen you, I trust you are speaking the truth, so, I believe you.  Oh Happy Day!  I wish I could spell all the sounds I'm making.  They're all good ones. Grin

Thank You Father God for touching and healing DW's hearing.

Is this our 1st CU bonafide miracle?

Gotta go, can't take it anymore.  I'm just so excited.  What an awesome God we serve!!! He's the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow.  He's still in the miracle business.  Yeah!!

cris

Reba
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2005, 07:22:15 PM »

Salvation is a miracle!
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2005, 07:22:47 PM »

Bob
[size=10]Wonderfull now we wont have to post so LOUD[/size]

SHhhhhh   Wonderfull now we wont have to post so LOUD God is wonderfull always...

That was a HOOT, Reba.  Oh, sorry.  I forgot to SHhhh!

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2005, 07:26:26 PM »

Salvation is a miracle!

Amen, Reba!  Salvation is the GREATEST miracle.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2005, 08:13:22 PM »

Praise God for His wonderful mercies!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2005, 09:36:34 PM »

Thank you everyone, believe it or not. I am still crying, I never asked to have hearing. I just accepted it, as it is/was apart of me. I am still praising God, in all his Glory. This is a gift I never expected, I know God in his Glory, has rewarded me, with my hearing.

Mark 7:37 People were overwhelmed with amazement. “He has done everything well,” they said. “He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.”

This takes on new meaning for me!
Bob

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2005, 09:40:35 PM »

DreamWeaver that is wonderful! How much of your hearing would you say that you have? Just wondering.  Any improvement is good. Smiley

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the