Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  USA in prophecy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: USA in prophecy?  (Read 22936 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2005, 03:40:37 AM »

Sooner or later ,this will take place ,but now ?I think maybe the LORD will have mercy some what because our leader loves HIM and is trying to set things right ?

Brother Gary,

I was just reflecting on what you said. I believe that our President and many other of our leaders are Christians. The people of the world will wake up one day and the BODY OF CHRIST will have been RAPTURED and taken home to heaven with JESUS. There are many and varying opinions about this, especially involving the timing and sequence of events.

Today, most of the decisions made in this world are made by lost people, some who even hate the thought of JESUS. Things will get dramatically worse after the BODY OF CHRIST is removed (RAPTURED) from this earth. Some believe that the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST will be here either for a portion or all of the 7 year Tribulation Period. I don't think so, but my opinion is worth only 1 opinion. I think that the Holy Bible clearly teaches that we will be in Heaven when the great wrath is poured out on the people and nations of the earth.

Brother, again my opinion is only worth only 1 opinion. I think that the time is near or upon us that the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST will be RAPTURED. That will be a day of great rejoicing for Christians, but it will be the beginning of great destruction, terror, and wrath for those who remain on the earth. There are many who will say that my post is simply like the raving of many in previous generations who have discussed the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. I would simply say that Israel wasn't a nation 100 years ago, 500 years ago, etc. Israel is now a nation, and Bible prophecy clearly addresses the generation in which Israel becomes a nation again. This generation will not pass............  That is also subject to interpretation and opinion. My opinion is that time is now or soon. 1948 plus whatever someone interprets a generation to mean. The time is only known by God. If we were to use what men might consider a generation, that time might be between 70 and 100 years, but God tells us that we won't know the time.

Brother, it is sufficient for us to KEEP LOOKING UP! with the reality of the HOPE that is JESUS within our hearts. Regardless of whether the actual time is today, 1 year, 50 years, 1000 years, there should always be an urgency in our hearts to share the GOOD NEWS with the lost.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 4:12-13 For the word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing apart of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight, but all things are naked and opened to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2005, 03:55:33 AM »

I agree 100% ,But I believe ?Only those born of GOD and looking for HIm will leave .Many just not making HIM 100% LORD will be here to follow .They will suffer for our LORD .But it is not HIS will this takes place . The 1st wave will be honored ,I believe ? But the whole family of GOD will be together one day ! The world hates GODS KIDS .I believe any day could be the day ,HE calls us HOME .We are just passing though this world . I saw the city in space heading here in 1976 .and it was moving fast .of course I could not tell the speed .but it was in space other than ours .as there were no stars or lights .except HIS GLORY ,which was bright .lit up space around the city . You will see the rapture in your life time !Your the kings son !With all the power of a kings son .Faith moves the mountains .All things become new .What we see ?Is not TRUTH .What HE said in HIS living WORD is TRUTH .If we believe ?It MUST COME TO PASS .It can not fail .Only way ?it can not ?Is US !He bless me a couple days ago .kinda big ?

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
BigD
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2005, 05:01:13 AM »

BEP
Being the US has made it a habit of trying to be the "world leader," out government could very possisbly have a big roll in bringing that "peace" treaty to fruition.

Regardless if our national leader is a believer or unbeliever, I do believe that, for political reasons, out leader would almost be foreced to sign that treaty because of the demands of the people for "world peace."

Only God knows how everything will work out and we can only speculate or assume.

Several years ago I do recall an Israelie leader say that he would sign a treaty with the devil if it would bring peace to his nation.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2005, 03:10:10 PM »

Brother Gary,

I love the way that you speak of many things. YES!, the world hates God's Kids. The more we yield to God's Will and do His Work, the greater the world's hatred of us becomes. For that reason, it should make us smile when we are attacked or suffer trials when we do His Work.

Brother, I have also reflected on the Biblical descriptions of Heaven and Holy City many times. God tells us that our imagination is insufficient to realize the beauty, GLORY, peace, and joy in the places He has prepared for us. Just being completely free from the presence of the devil is almost beyond imagination. But then there is the greatest JOY to ponder, spending eternity with JESUS who loves us, died for us, and is our LIVING LORD AND SAVIOUR FOREVER.

Brother Gary, the HOPE in our hearts is REALITY. So, we can KEEP LOOKING UP! with joy in the knowledge of what will most certainly be at His appointed time.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2005, 03:34:55 PM »

BEP
Being the US has made it a habit of trying to be the "world leader," out government could very possisbly have a big roll in bringing that "peace" treaty to fruition.

Regardless if our national leader is a believer or unbeliever, I do believe that, for political reasons, out leader would almost be foreced to sign that treaty because of the demands of the people for "world peace."

Only God knows how everything will work out and we can only speculate or assume.

Several years ago I do recall an Israelie leader say that he would sign a treaty with the devil if it would bring peace to his nation.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!

BigD,

Brother, I agree completely. Speculation about what our Christian leaders know or don't know about the Antichrist means nothing. They could be Bible scholars, and that still wouldn't alter the unfolding of Bible prophecy by a second. The Holy Bible clearly states that the world will honor the Antichrist as the bringer of great peace. We know that peace will be false, and it will usher in terrible wrath like the world has never known.

At God's appointed time, no power will be able to stop it, and Bible prophecy will be unfolded perfectly and completely.

What our President does or doesn't do will make no difference at all when God's appointed time comes. I like to think that our President is a Christian, but only God knows his heart. If he is a Christian, he will be RAPTURED along with the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. Regardless of whether he is a Christian or not, he will not be able to alter, delay, or hasten the unfolding of Bible prophecy. No man knows that time. Regarding that time, you are completely correct that all men know is speculation. I would go further and call it guesses.

KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 9:28  So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2005, 11:24:29 PM »

We can not fully understand GODS long suffer for us and GREAT LOVE .I once thought I had a disadvanage ,Because my dad died ,when I was little and had my mom and 4 sisters and did not fit in .But now I see I gained .Because GOD was my dad from a little child .I had no one but the LORD .I hated bullys and any one who hurt the weak .I think because I had been sick for a year and was hurt by a bigger kid a lot .I always loved the kids no one else liked and protected them .As GOD made me a mighty young kid .Small but fearless and a real little bull dog .But the point is ?HE takes those who are nothing and makes them something .This shows HIS great mercy and LOVE toward us .And the fram of mind ,We should have to recieve more from him .HE loves a humble ,yet fearless in TRUTh person .We do not need to be mighty to be mighty .We do not need to see with our eyes to see ?

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
cactusflower

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

Please read Vice President Cheney's own words on the Statement of Principles page on the Project for the New American Century at http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm .  Excerpt:  "We aim to make the case and rally support for American global leadership."

Now consider Babylon of Revelation 17:18:  18 And the woman you saw is the great city that has an empire over the kings of the earth."

Do it, get on the website for the Project for a New American Century at http://www.newamericancentury.org/ and read all about this administration's plans (Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz) to literally rule the earth.  Then read all about Babylon again.  Should you wonder?  No one else rules over the earth but the U.S., by it's own admission.  No one else on earth has world domination as its goal right now.  If you doubt that, again, read Cheney's group's own words on the file http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf - don't just take it from me.  Let them speak for themselves.

Ask yourself:  is it moral, to lust to rule the world?

One more thing about Babylon:  in the Encyclopedia Britannica's history of banking (look under "bank"), the first known bank was in the temples of Babylon, where people hid money in hopes the idols would preserve it.  Now think:  the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund are seated in the United States.  Doesn't this tell us something?

Bronzesnake
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2005, 07:54:16 PM »

America is not the rebuilt Babylon. The rebuilt Babylon is Rome, which is the capitol city of the revived Roman empire - the European Union.

Rev 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.  

Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.  

Rev 17:9 And here [is] the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.  
Rome is the only city on earth which is built on seven mountains.

Rev 18:21
And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast [it] into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.  

This verse describes a meteor hurled into the sea America has no sea. Rome (Italy) is surrounded by seas.
The meteor most likely causes a huge tsunami which causes the city to be wiped out. We all know how devestating a tsunami can be.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.  

Right now, the E.U. has many member countries - however, there are only ten permanant members. This number may or may not change, but at the time of these verses, there are ten.

Bronzesnake
cactusflower

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2005, 08:38:30 PM »

Good work, if you already read the information on the "Project for a New American Century" website - but by the elapsed time, I don't think you could have.

I believe you are partly right:  1Pe 5:13 - "She who is in Babylon, also chosen, sends you greetings, as does Mark, my son. "  Spiritual entities change locales in Scripture.  I believe you may learn that the writer of this verse meant Rome when he cited Babylon.  Well, location not being fixed except for Israel, it can change again.

Please take a look at the international power structure as described by Vice President Cheney himself - in his owned signed document together with others of the current administration - at http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm .   Because you are mistaken about current international power/economic dynamics.  The United States is on top and is the only candidate to satisfy the full effects of prophecies about Babylon at this time.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2005, 10:51:04 PM »

Cactusflower,

That was an interesting political piece to read, but it has nothing to do with Bible prophecy. A beginner in the study of Bible prophecy knows the identity of Babylon, and it isn't in this hemisphere. So, I suggest that you stick to politics, not Bible prophecy.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 37:23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2005, 01:12:05 PM »

Cactusflower,

A beginner in the study of Bible prophecy knows the identity of Babylon, and it isn't in this hemisphere. So, I suggest that you stick to politics, not Bible prophecy.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 37:23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

Ouch, but to the point! Grin

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2005, 09:22:46 PM »

There is a time to set the milk aside and bring out the meat.

Wink Wink

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2005, 01:54:52 AM »

Bronzesnake:

Mecca is said to be on seven hills.

Istanbul Turkey is said to be on seven hills, although it look more like a plain.

What about the seven Mountains of Jerusalem.

Rome isn't the only city on seven hillsMountains. Grin

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2005, 03:50:53 PM »

Ouch is right.

Lot of "ouch" on this and other "christian" forums.

And from those who post in other threads about being kind and gentle and etc. and so on....

Ouch!  Tongue

I gues you think Christians should have an "anything" goes attitude huh?

Bronzesnake
Bronzesnake
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2005, 04:08:35 PM »

Bronzesnake:

Mecca is said to be on seven hills.

Istanbul Turkey is said to be on seven hills, although it look more like a plain.

What about the seven Mountains of Jerusalem.

Rome isn't the only city on seven hillsMountains. Grin

That is true, however, only one city has for more than 2000 years been known as the city on seven hills. That city is Rome. The Catholic Encyclopedia states: "It is within the city of Rome, called the city of seven hills, that the entire area of Vatican State proper is now confined" (The Catholic Encyclopedia, Thomas Nelson, 1976, s.v. "Rome").

Even Catholic apologist Karl Keating admits that Rome has long been known as Babylon. Keating claims that Peter's statement "The church here in Babylon ... sends you her greeting" (from 1 Peter 5:13) proves that Peter was writing from Rome. He explains further:

"Babylon is a code word for Rome. It is used that way six times in the last book of the Bible (four of the six are in chapters 17 and 18) and in extrabiblical works such as Syblling Oracles (5, 159f.), and Apocalypse of Baruch (ii, 1), and 4 Esdras (3:1).

"Eusebius Pamphilius, writing about 303, noted that `it is said that Peter's first epistle ... was composed at Rome itself; and that he himself indicates this, referring to the city figuratively as Babylon" (Karl Keating, Catholicism and Fundamentalism: The Attack on "Romanism" by "Bible Christians," Kgnatius Press, 1988, p. 200).

There is little doubt that the city is Rome.

Bronzesnake
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the