Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:14:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  USA in prophecy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: USA in prophecy?  (Read 23034 times)
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2005, 09:41:13 AM »

Allinall Said:
I stepped on a bug once...

Alrighty then!   Begs the question...can a nation wear a shoe?  Tongue   Grin

If Italy can be a boot, then a nation can wear a shoe.   Grin Sorry for the levity.  I just felt out of the argument and sorely lacking in argumentation.   Cheesy Grin Wink

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2005, 10:15:03 AM »

Allinall Said:
I stepped on a bug once...

Alrighty then!   Begs the question...can a nation wear a shoe?  Tongue   Grin

If Italy can be a boot, then a nation can wear a shoe.   Grin Sorry for the levity.  I just felt out of the argument and sorely lacking in argumentation.   Cheesy Grin Wink

If'n de choo fits, wear it!  Grin

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2005, 03:54:23 PM »

Brothers,

Grin   Grin  ROFL!!! - Thanks - I needed that laugh.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2005, 02:52:13 PM »

Brothers,

Grin   Grin  ROFL!!! - Thanks - I needed that laugh.

hehehe!   Grin

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
PrairWarur

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2005, 12:34:18 PM »

Just my humble opinion -
I believe we'll be raptured, Praise God!
Our President is a christian, and much of our government is too.  Not sure, but I think about 3/4  of America is also christian.  What will be left after the rapture?  Not much.
With no godly leadership, and that much of the population gone, this land will be left to the vultures.
I would like to encourage everyone to keep praying and ask God for a greater burden for the lost.  No one would want to be left behind if they knew the truth and it grieves me to think that many still are lost.

To God be the power and glory forever, amen.
Shalom, PrairWarur
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2005, 05:59:27 PM »

Tell me about GODS new REST ?Tell me about the rivers of living water ?Did you receive this or the other ? if so explain to me ?What took place ? Also about the new birth ?and where new jerusalen is right now .As I KNOW THESE ANSURER and want to SEE if you do ?

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Marc

No Saint, just a sinner saved by Grace.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2005, 06:38:29 PM »

I sure wish Jesus would come Real Soon Now. Hal Lindsey's Website at hallindseyoracle.com is WONDERFUL!

Here's Hal's latest Op-Ed piece! Awesome!

When I sit back and take a good, hard look current events, I marvel that anyone could miss the signs of Jesus Christ's soon coming. We live in a world where the United States is considered socially backward because it takes issue with the idea of homosexual marriage.

It is a world in which a Catholic archbishop can cause headlines by referring to homosexuality as "epidemic."

It is a world where people find no contradiction in demanding that everybody else conform to their narrow views because the view of the majority makes them feel like outsiders.

A world in which the prevailing legal view is that there is a "God-given right" for the God-haters to not be offended by the mention of "God" in public.

A Houston, Texas judge ruled that a Bible in a courthouse might give the impression Houston's Harris County has a preference for Christianity. A Bible in a courthouse! Is he kidding?

Up seems to be down and black seems to be white. For the first time in the history of mankind, the main topic of debate is over a question no previous generation would even entertain. The question baffling this generation is not "where did I come from?" or, "Is there an afterlife?" That doesn't seem to be as important as whether marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Meanwhile, the Earth itself seems to be in rebellion. The Asian mega-quake that changed geography caused the planet to vibrate like a tuning fork. It knocked the planet far enough off its axis to momentarily change time – and this may only be the beginning.

There are warnings of a sudden shift in the Earth's poles, a reversal of the Earth's magnetic fields and the fear of the onset of a new Ice Age.

Environmentalists warn that global warming will raise the world's sea levels, resulting the catastrophic flooding and loss of life. Many scientists warn that the shift of mass from the concentration of solid ice caps due to melting and being distributed in the oceans could further exacerbate the Earth's wobbling axis.

Meanwhile, the sun continues to convulse, sending out massive showers of debris into the solar system, while irradiating the Earth with unprecedented doses of solar radiation. It is, according to some prominent Russian scientists, the most active period of solar activity in 8,000 years.

The past year broke all the records in terms of natural disasters. This year began with earthquakes, floods, unseasonably cold weather in some places, unseasonably warm in others, and nobody seems to be able to explain what is going on.

The economy is at once both robust and growing and teetering on the edge of catastrophe. Economists warn that it would take just one push in the right direction at the right time for the whole house of cards to come collapsing around our ears.

Meanwhile, NASA just spent hundreds of millions to launch a spacecraft designed to impact with a comet in deep space to see if it is possible to deflect a killer asteroid. Does anyone else beside me feel like he is in a Stephen King movie?

The Bible prophets describes the last days as a period of ever-increasing wars and natural disasters. Jesus, Himself, predicted that there would be wars and rumors of wars, great earthquakes, plagues of deadly diseases, cataclysmic weather changes and famine just before His return. He likened all these things to birth pangs. He said that as the time approached, they would increase in both frequency and intensity.

He spoke of signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars. He warned of the distress of nations, saying things would grow so frightening that men's hearts would fail them for fear, just in looking at what is coming.

But all these terrors are just the beginning of a period of catastrophe and death so profound that Jesus, Himself, said no time in history has ever been like it before – nor ever will be again.

Amidst all the fear and uncertainty, however, Jesus promised great hope. He said that, just before the beginning of the 7-year period, He would come again and receive to Himself all those who put their faith in Him and receive the gift of pardon He paid for with His own blood.

We see the shadows of predicted events that tell us the time known as the Tribulation Period is almost upon us. To those who understand the prophecy of the Bible that means time is extremely short. Do not put off receiving the gift of pardon that Jesus purchased for you and put your name on it. Don't get left behind. The consequences of that will be beyond anything you can imagine.

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2005, 06:48:20 PM »

I would say ?After reading this ?WE SHOULD  PRAISE THE LORD .OUR TIME IS NEAR .YET so many need light .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Reba
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2005, 11:02:35 PM »

The late great planet earth.  Which year? If this man's teaching was from God he wouldn't have been wrong...
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2005, 11:30:35 PM »

I don"t know much about him .But I know many like him .You say that ?But you maybe judgeing wrong .because jonah ,told thiose people they would be destoryed as GOD told him .But they repented and GOD spared them .maybe this was it ?I can not say .Yet I find it wise to not judge too quickly ?But you may be right ?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2005, 01:05:57 AM »

Just my humble opinion -
I believe we'll be raptured, Praise God!
Our President is a christian, and much of our government is too.  Not sure, but I think about 3/4  of America is also christian.  What will be left after the rapture?  Not much.
With no godly leadership, and that much of the population gone, this land will be left to the vultures.
I would like to encourage everyone to keep praying and ask God for a greater burden for the lost.  No one would want to be left behind if they knew the truth and it grieves me to think that many still are lost.

To God be the power and glory forever, amen.
Shalom, PrairWarur

AMEN PrairWarur!!

Sooner or later, God's promises will be fulfilled at exactly His appointed time. When that time arrives, there will be a world-wide scenario, much like you describe. Our burden in our hearts for the lost should remain constant, regardless of whether we feel that the last days of this age are near or far away.

By the way, WELCOME TO CHRISTIANS UNITE!! I don't think that I've had a chance to welcome you yet. Here's a big "by the way", I also believe that the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST will be RAPTURED SOON!

KEEP LOOKING UP!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 28:7  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Melody
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2005, 11:12:26 AM »

I suspect there might even an opening in the white house.  Wink  (no doubt that comment will raise some ire).  

Nah....I'll just put you down as misguided  Grin (doing some serious running).

Melody
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2005, 11:31:07 AM »

I've been enjoying this thread very much.  I have to admit that my only knowledge of Revelations comes for the "Left Behind" series of books and I don't know how closely they tied that to the bible prophecies.  Based on these books though it appears that there are many signs - catastrophic climate changes and disasters, a trend toward a one world currency (euro) and a one world religion (or belief) where everything is tolerated and only intolerance is a crime - I believe we are heading into the end times although I doubt it will happen in my lifetime.

Keep up the great discussion!

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2005, 11:38:17 AM »

I do not believe you will die of old age .I believe any day now ?Is our day to go HOME where we belong .as WE are made for NEW JERUSALEM .

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2005, 04:27:17 PM »

I do not believe you will die of old age .I believe any day now ?Is our day to go HOME where we belong .as WE are made for NEW JERUSALEM .

Brother Gary,

For Christians, the beautiful TRUTH of eternity is described in great detail in the Holy Bible. When Christians spend the time to study this TRUTH, they can't help but to Praise the LORD, give thanks, and worship HIM who rescued us from the curse of sin and death. The more we understand and study this TRUTH, the stronger we will become in JESUS, even during this short life here on earth. I would quickly point out that this short life is nothing compared to what WILL BE in JESUS. This short life will most definitely involve trials, tears, and sorrow, but we have JESUS in our hearts and HE walks with us every step of the way. I give thanks that our citizenship is not in or of this world, rather our citizenship is in heaven. Reading and studying about our real home is beautiful beyond human description.

Brother, the TRUTH of eternity for the lost is also described in great detail in the Holy Bible. This TRUTH is the exact opposite of what a Christian has. The citizenship of a lost person is in HELL -  everlasting punishment, torment, pain, and horror. Every Christian should have a burning desire to share JESUS. JESUS is the only ONE who can rescue them from the horrible wrath to come.

Brother, one of the beautiful things about studying Bible prophecy is that it always leads back to JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith. The end times of this age are also described in great detail in the Holy Bible. The lost will laugh and dismiss it as fairy tales. Those who love the LORD and study the Holy Bible will quickly know there will be a time of great wrath on this earth beyond anything that can be imagined. Armageddon, the rule and reign of the Antichrist from Jerusalem, and the second coming of our LORD in great wrath are not fairy tales. JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF will rule and reign over the earth from the Throne of David in Jerusalem for 1,000 years. What happens before the 1,000 year rule and reign of Christ will be destruction, death, terror, and horror like the world has never known before. Almighty God has given the people of the earth over 2,000 years to confess, repent, and accept Jesus Christ as LORD AND SAVIOUR. The time for Salvation now grows short.

Jesus Christ Himself revealed great signs and wonders for multitudes over 2,000 years ago, and this was recorded in greater detail than any other event in the history of mankind. GOD humbled Himself and was made manifest in the flesh to die on the Cross for us. JESUS CHRIST was crucified and died a horrible death in our place and for us, THE JUST for the unjust, THE HOLY for the unholy, THE RIGHTEOUS for the unrighteous! Our LORD did die, but HE arose from the dead on the third day and is our LIVING LORD AND SAVIOUR FOREVER, VERY GOD, ALMIGHTY GOD, OUR CREATOR! Our precious LORD will wield a terrible, swift sword one day soon, and it will be too late to confess, repent, and accept HIM. Those who have rejected HIM will be condemned forever.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Galatians 4:4-7  But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

John 4:14  But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Isaiah 43:11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Romans 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

John 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

2 Corinthians 5:17-18  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

1 Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Philippians 3:7-14  But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 04:31:56 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the