Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:45:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  USA in prophecy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: USA in prophecy?  (Read 23030 times)
Reba
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2005, 10:37:51 PM »

Heb 12:22

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
KJV

The above scripture says "ye are come" it does not read "ye will come" or "ye shall come". Is the tense of the verse wrong, was Paul correct in writing the Words of God?  Any comments on the verse?

Chapter and verse are quote so all may look up the verse and read the context
branac

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2005, 12:34:07 PM »

I just thought I would put this out there for discussion.  Is the US in prophecy?  Is it possible that what may be the greatest and most influencial nation on earth at the time of the end would have been overlooked in prophecy?  If you feel the US is in prophecy where do you see it and what role do you see it playing?

Rev 13:11
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.  

Rev 13:12
And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.  

Rev 13:13
And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,  

Rev 13:14
And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.  

Rev 13:15
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

I believe that USA is the beast from verse 11.
Shemaya
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2005, 01:14:57 PM »

Amen.
I truly believe when the end is near America won't be there or not in as much power.I most likely would go with the war thing.Knowing that alot of people probably don't like America for some reason and there are always wars going on.I truly don't know it's just my thoughts.
Brian.L.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2005, 02:40:22 AM »

Hi I think if we are to see if the United States or Canada for that matter we have to look in the Old testement when the tribes of Isreal (excuse spelling) were scatterd . The tribe of Dan Followed after a east wind and a wind from the east travels west. And remember the promises that God made to Abraham especially the prosperity. I thik the promises were with held back 7 years for every year the tribes of Isreal sinned in the desert were they not ther for 40 years  So if we count the time frame 2 thousand and eighty years which would bring us to the 18 hundreds. At that time fram arose Britan so prosperours that it was called great Britan. i heard that that the Usa and Canada are come from the tribe of ephrium and manassa Again please excuse spelling . And the U.S.A. and canada migrated from Britan. Did you ever wonder why we had so much prosperity in our Nations as compared to other nations I think because of the promises made to Abraham. But God never said we would keep it forever and I feel that with the laws we are passing in out countries making it against the law to show the commandments and seperation of church and state are we not turning our backs on God? They have taken the lords prayer out of our schools. I feel if we continue in this manner we will loose what we have as a nation because we have asked God to leave. All through history have not World powers been brought down. This is food for thought and I think this is a good topic.

I am not saying I am correct just wonder if that might be where the U.S.A. is mentioned in prophecy.

Your Brother in Christ: Brian

Faith Without Works Is Dead!
BigD
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2005, 12:00:11 PM »

I do believe that the United States can be found in prophesy. Just read Zechariah 14:1-3.

God Bless.
Live Well, Laugh Often and Love the Lord!
Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2005, 03:28:10 PM »

I don't see the US in Prophecy...what does Zechariah 14:1-3 have to do with the US...that is Prophecy concerning JERUSALEM. Here, i'll post 3 different versions of these versions.

Zachariah 14:1-3 NKJV
1 Behold, the day of the LORD is coming,
       And your spoil will be divided in your midst.
       2For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
       The city shall be taken,
       The houses rifled,
       And the women ravished.
       Half of the city shall go into captivity,
       But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
       3Then the LORD will go forth
       And fight against those nations,
       As He fights in the day of battle.
 KJV:
1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

NASB:

1Behold, a (A)day is coming for the LORD when (B)the spoil taken from you will be divided among you.

2For I will (C)gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city will be captured, the (D)houses plundered, the women ravished and half of the city exiled, but the rest of the people will not be cut off from the city.

3Then the LORD will go forth and (E)fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle.

and finally NLT:
1Watch, for the day of the LORD is coming when your possessions will be plundered right in front of you! 2On that day I will gather all the nations to fight against Jerusalem. The city will be taken, the houses plundered, and the women raped. Half the population will be taken away into captivity, and half will be left among the ruins of the city.
    3Then the LORD will go out to fight against those nations, as he has fought in times past.

Notice it's saying the same thing. The Lord will bring the nations against Jerusalem, and He, Himself, will got out and FIGHT against the Nations that come against JERUSALEM. Where is the United States in this passage? I dont' see it...because the United States at the moment would not dare to go against Jerusalem...and the only time that would happen voluntarily is if we have an anti semite as President. God Bless

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
BigD
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2005, 03:47:15 PM »

Why is the United States excluded from "ALL NATIONS?" Or doesn "All" mean "ALL?"

God Bless.
Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2005, 04:18:08 PM »

Why is the United States excluded from "ALL NATIONS?" Or doesn "All" mean "ALL?"

God Bless.

First, if we conclude that this particular scenario is at the beginning of the Trib, when Jerusalem is compassed about and about to be destroyed, then "ALL" cannot possibly mean "all-inclusive", or every nation. Why? The cadre of nations led by the anti-christ is not part of the package coming against Jerusalem...as a matter of fact, it's his intervention against those "all" nations that saves Jerusalem from destruction, and leads to the treaty and beginning of the tribulation period.

If we conclude that this scenario is the "final" battle, or Armageddon, then that takes place in the valley of Meggiddo, some 65 miles northwest of Jerusalem.  The all there "could" include the remnants of the US, but it's much more likely that it consists primarily of the Kings of the East, and some of Russia, along with some Arabic nations and the anti-christ coalition.

This is the more likely scenario, since Zechariah continues to describe the arrival of Messiah with His feet on Mt. Zion, which corresponds to the Revelation description of His arrival and subsequent destruction of the armies at Meggiddo.

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2005, 08:29:32 PM »

God Bless.

First, if we conclude that this particular scenario is at the beginning of the Trib, when Jerusalem is compassed about and about to be destroyed, then "ALL" cannot possibly mean "all-inclusive", or every nation. Why? The cadre of nations led by the anti-christ is not part of the package coming against Jerusalem...as a matter of fact, it's his intervention against those "all" nations that saves Jerusalem from destruction, and leads to the treaty and beginning of the tribulation period.

If we conclude that this scenario is the "final" battle, or Armageddon, then that takes place in the valley of Meggiddo, some 65 miles northwest of Jerusalem.  The all there "could" include the remnants of the US, but it's much more likely that it consists primarily of the Kings of the East, and some of Russia, along with some Arabic nations and the anti-christ coalition.

This is the more likely scenario, since Zechariah continues to describe the arrival of Messiah with His feet on Mt. Zion, which corresponds to the Revelation description of His arrival and subsequent destruction of the armies at Meggiddo.

The prophetic truth is God will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 06:28:10 AM by at_the_Cross » Logged

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Jemidon2004

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2005, 12:57:52 PM »

all nations does mean all nations...however that doesn't mean that the USA is goign to be one of those nations...keep in mind that there will be 10 kingdoms with the nations including them...however if i remember correctly, there will be three of the horns of daniel to be cut off...i suspect because of rebellion. Now do you honestly think the USA will sit by and let someone rule the earth under a one world power? NO. Think my friend..think.

Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
BigD
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2005, 01:09:06 PM »

The United States is not in control of the world. GOD IS!!!

I will take God's word over man's assumptions anyday.

When the OT prophesies play out to completion I will have been raptured to heaven.

As one person put in on another forum, I am a pan-millenialist. Meaning that it will all "pan-out" the way that God has it planned.

God Bless.
Jemidon2004

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2005, 01:40:10 PM »

Never said the US was...i'm saying that the US will not sit by while someone (namely the Antichrist) takes over as a dictator...man you missed that point by a mile...lol.

Joshua

BigD
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2005, 03:08:39 PM »

When the anti-Christ comes, people will believe that he is God. The world will support him, and that will include the United States.

The anti-Christ is the one that is going to sign the peace treaty that is to bring world peace.

Do you actually believe that the US government will see through that and not side with him? I don't.

God Bless.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2005, 10:08:40 PM »

BigD,

I agree Brother. I think that the US government will be sucked in just like every other government in the world. I doubt very seriously that we will ever see a news headline like:

US Rejects World Peace!

Claims Antichrist Brings Treaty!

It really won't matter what any government says anyway. God's plan will go forward at His appointed time REGARDLESS. AND, the world will view the Antichrist as the author of great peace. Only the serious students of Bible prophecy will know him as the Antichrist and understand what is to come. The remaining question will be, "How many that understand are already in Heaven with JESUS?" The world will swallow the plan of the Antichrist - hook, line and sinker in fisherman's terms.

Love In Christ,
Tom

II Timothy 2:11  It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2005, 12:28:36 AM »

Sooner or later ,this will take place ,but now ?I think maybe the LORD will have mercy some what because our leader loves HIM and is trying to set things right ?

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the