Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:55:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  USA in prophecy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: USA in prophecy?  (Read 23040 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2005, 07:52:43 AM »

Hi,
Okay, I may be crazy. I have read and listened to Revelations (not to quote ye old famous book for end times, but..) every time I had went over, I envision and feel moved that the US is the whore. The whore  (with all of her riches and glory) will fall and all ofthe nations that rely on her and sell/trade with her will mor... so on and so forth. So, I believe that the US is the whore. I believe it is speaking of a nation, not a person.
Please let me know if anyone can come up with another explaination.

Brothers and Sisters,

I agree with 2nd Timothy and Dreamweaver. I don't see America in Bible Prophecy about the end of this age. I've seen the opinions that America is Babylon, and I disagree with that completely. It simply doesn't fit, not even close.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:21  That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

There just maybe a clue in Ezekiel

So what was the chapter and verse?   I'm always trying to get a clue....lol   Tongue  Cheesy  (my wife says I haven't got one yet  Huh   Grin  )

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Glitterz

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2005, 10:35:49 AM »

I have been reading through Ezekiel.
This is the chapter where I have heard dispute that the descriptions in it are describing an alien encounter and/or a visit from a spaceship from the future.

4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north-an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was that of a man, 6 but each of them had four faces and four wings. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had the hands of a man. All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and their wings touched one another. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved.

10 Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. 11 Such were their faces. Their wings were spread out upward; each had two wings, one touching the wing of another creature on either side, and two wings covering its body. 12 Each one went straight ahead. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. 13 The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. 14 The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning.

15 As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. 16 This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like chrysolite, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. 17 As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not turn about [d] as the creatures went. 18 Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

19 When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. 20 Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21 When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

22 Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked like an expanse, sparkling like ice, and awesome. 23 Under the expanse their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body. 24 When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty, [e] like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.

25 Then there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads as they

When you read this, it really does look like an olden way of someone who has never seen a jet or other machine of these times would describe something like that. Note the part about the wheels, and verse 24 - "like the roar of rushing waters", like jet engines.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2005, 05:19:46 PM »

Certainly difficult to make a guess about what He saw.   I suspect when we see God and the things of heaven we will all be at a loss for words  Wink

Interesting to think about it though!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2005, 10:23:54 AM »

Thank you.

Well, at this point I can no longer follow what exactly it is you're trying to say so you're welcome Grin.

This beast has seven heads. It we look at Daniel we see the head of the Lion, the head of the bear, the 4 heads of the leopard and the head of the fourth beast which is not likened to any beast in nature.

(1) head of the Lion [Babylonia - Gold], (2) head of the bear [Medes-Persian - Silver], +4 = (6) 4 heads of the leopard [Cassander-Macedonia...Lysimachus-Asia Minor...Seleucus-Syria...Ptolemy-Egypt - Brass] (7) fourth beast - Iron&Clay

Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
Revelation 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

Daniel 2:38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold. ----> Nebuchadnezzar

Daniel 5:28 PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.

Daniel 2:39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

Daniel 2:32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

2:32 his belly and his thighs of brass[/i][/u],.

One is...the Roman Empire adopted Greek culture and principles.

Babylonia...Gold (1)
Medes-Persian...Silver (2)
Alexander the Great to the Roman Empire...Brass (6)
fourth beast...Iron&Clay (7)

Zechariah 1:18 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and behold four horns.

Revelation 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
Revelation 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Revelation 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

The fourth beast. New World Order ?

Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Babylon/Iraq ?

Daniel 4:14 He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches:
Daniel 4:15 Nevertheless leave the stump of his roots in the earth, even with a band of iron and brass, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let his portion be with the beasts in the grass of the earth:
Daniel 4:16 Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him.

Daniel 4:28 All this came upon the king Nebuchadnezzar.

Daniel 4:30 The king spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty?
Daniel 4:31 While the word was in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O king Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdom is departed from thee.
Daniel 4:32 And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.
Daniel 4:33 The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.

Daniel 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

Daniel 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
Daniel 2:45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Daniel 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Daniel 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, look, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Love in Christ,
Randy

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Elias2k

Beleive in God for he is coming very soon!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2005, 10:55:29 PM »

Concerning the post by Glitterz on Ezekiel 1:4-25

Believe me there are no aliens coming to rescue us from ourselves. Let me help you interpret this consider a large circle (7 feet in diameter as one wheel on the ground) then visualize a smaller circle inside it (6.5 feet in diameter forming a wheel looking as if intersecting a wheel) and between these at each compass point around the circles are marked out (4 directions forming the 4 rims) containing the powerful names of god that is assigned to a particular compass point on earth (N,S,E,W).  These are of course written using Hebrew letters where each name is made from the name Yod He Vau He (Tetragramation: IHVH - Jehovah) and symbolic of the most high and awesome rims with eyes all around. The Hebrew characters Yod in the names of GOD around the circles 4 rims (compass points) form the I’s all around and are representative and do form the most high and awesome names of GOD.

Of course, there is more but the spirit is key to the operation and function of these wheels which is in the creatures and thus inside the wheels which do not turn about. The sound of rushing waters, which sound like a tumult of an army, the voice of the almighty is the powerful name of Adonai Elohim Tzabaoth Shaddai (Lord God of Armies). The faces of the creatures are described thus pointing us to the particular constellations as clues to each living creature and its power. Rushing waters are just that the force of natural waters upon the earth. These spirits have the power of Cherubim. Virgo, Leo, Capricornus (OX of Chinese astronomy) and Aquila are your clues to the faces which consist of a Man, Lion, Ox and Eagle with 2 wings. These constellations are key because they have to be joined in a left, right fashion in some way forming the 4 faces of each living creature with 2 wings being raised upwards and with each wing touching another creature on either side.This fits the description of what Ezekiel saw and may help you understand the description given.

Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. Under their wings on their four sides, they had the hands of a man. All four of them had faces and wings.
Ezekiel 1:7-8

Physical men tried and tested by GOD thru many trials made strong and gleaming like burnished bronze or made worthy of God awesome might. Simply put an Angel or Cherubim in the human form on earth. (Angels on earth in human form even possibly an ELOHIM) I believe ELOHIM were 'divine beings' in ancient Israel in man form like Samuel, Saul and also the sons of GOD.
1 Samuel 28:10-13 also see Cherubim below.

The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it.
Ezekiel 1:13, Psalms 99:1

Simply put the power of a Cherubim spirit before the glory of the Lord on earth and in the Milky Way galaxy the great sparkling crystal expanse.

Cherubim:
   Winged creatures combining human and animal features. To the Greeks and Romans these were also, centaurs or men made up of part man and part horse.We now are clearly referring to the intro by the voice of the 4 living creatures whom announce the 4 apocalyptic horseman of Revelation 6.

Let’s just say you wouldn’t want one of these men as an enemy for sure.

Do not use the names of GOD in vain ever!

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherubim
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centaur

« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 03:05:19 AM by Elias2k » Logged

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty the whole earth is full of his glory.
Amen
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the