Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:21:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  US Elections 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US Elections 2004  (Read 39122 times)
Reba
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2004, 12:11:40 AM »

Smart move Dream i am the secertary of edgukation  Grin
His_child

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2004, 01:07:00 AM »

His_Child said:
I just want to be the interior decorator.  

HS: I think that's a splendid idea!  Grin

I think Ollie should also create a brand new cabinet member in his new administration - "Secretary of Wisdom".  The wisdom secretary will stand behind a tall, offical looking podium and give confusing and evasive answers to simple questions.  

Oh - wait - there's already a position with that job description:  Press Secretary.   Grin  

I could be like Martha Stewart without the record!  Cheesy

I'm not following a God that's imagined.
Can't invent His deity.
That's why Jesus is the final answer
To Who I want my God to be.
He's Who I want my God to be.
-  Who? by Peter Furler and Steve Taylor (Newsboys)
His_child

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2004, 01:09:17 AM »

Richard,

I am done waisting my time reading your posts.

But cheap entertainment is hard to come by!

Can't invent His deity.
His_child

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2004, 01:11:55 AM »

they was gunna give me that job til i kwit homeskuling.

Can't invent His deity.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2004, 01:19:13 AM »

Richard,

I am done waisting my time reading your posts.

But cheap entertainment is hard to come by!
ROFL!! To true, to true. Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2004, 01:21:29 AM »

they was gunna give me that job til i kwit homeskuling.
That thar tis vhat they told mes to. I's needs ta fin mes skool firs.

His_child

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2004, 01:26:35 AM »

me thinks dis thread dun getted hijacked.

Can't invent His deity.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2004, 01:31:25 AM »

I dunno bout that thar, weren't tis thread bein' hi-jack'd on that thar fisr page?

His_child

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2004, 01:53:47 AM »

I am not a prophet. I wouldn't survive long in this world (or this forum probably  Cheesy) if I was. But I am a protector of and warrior for The One some call Prophet. For if He were to appear in many a 'house of worship' today He wouldn't make it to the exit 'alive'.  And to sacrifice prematurely is no sacrifice at all and saves nothing, only wastes.
I am merely forging the path and 'clearing the land mines' laid down by the Great Deceiver's 'worker bees'. So I am. I am guided, I dictate not the direction nor the guiding.

Who is the one that some called a prophet?
Was He God or just a man or somewhere in between?

You're going to have to clarify this for me because I'm having a hard time with taking your posts seriously because you sound like some men who've made history.
Those men would be Jones, Koresh, Manson and a few others.

Can't invent His deity.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2004, 02:01:55 AM »

I am not a prophet. I wouldn't survive long in this world (or this forum probably  Cheesy) if I was. But I am a protector of and warrior for The One some call Prophet. For if He were to appear in many a 'house of worship' today He wouldn't make it to the exit 'alive'.  And to sacrifice prematurely is no sacrifice at all and saves nothing, only wastes.
I am merely forging the path and 'clearing the land mines' laid down by the Great Deceiver's 'worker bees'. So I am. I am guided, I dictate not the direction nor the guiding.

Who is the one that some called a prophet?
Was He God or just a man or somewhere in between?

You're going to have to clarify this for me because I'm having a hard time with taking your posts seriously because you sound like some men who've made history.
Those men would be Jones, Koresh, Manson and a few others.

Thats about what RE sounds like to me too.

His_child

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2004, 02:15:38 AM »

RE- are you familiar with TWI?

http://mb-soft.com/believe/txc/way.htm

I know some people online who really like the teachings of Weirwille. (sorry, not sure if that is the correct spelling of the founder's name.)

I disagree with what they believe.

Can't invent His deity.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2004, 02:56:33 AM »

RE- are you familiar with TWI?

http://mb-soft.com/believe/txc/way.htm

I know some people online who really like the teachings of Weirwille. (sorry, not sure if that is the correct spelling of the founder's name.)

I disagree with what they believe.

As I disagree with them.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2004, 04:36:44 AM »

Ollie Said (Ref. Abortion & Politics):

Yes, and it is American politics from both sides of the fence that allow it to continue.

Where is the Christian objection to both guilty parties in our politics in America. I hear silence.

It would appear that Christians choose the lesser of two evils, but evil is still chosen.

Brother, there are a ton of Christians who have fought abortion for many years and in many ways. I'm one of them. The Bush Administration is the only one I can remember in many years that took the bull by the horns and tried. In fact, it appeared close that Roe vs. Wade was about to be over turned. That battle was lost, so they started a new one on partial birth abortions.

There have been petitions, email campaigns, telephone blitzes, mail blitzes, and just about everything you can think of done by millions of Christians for many years. Many Christian groups went so far as to violate the law and go to jail in the attempt to end abortion. I don't agree with this as an effective means to end abortion, but the government is at least listening now, and many of our representatives are trying to end it, including President Bush. This is no secret about President Bush, and I'm positive he will continue to fight it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2004, 04:54:26 AM »

RichardElchrist Said:

2. I have been an eyewitness myself to the deceptions, unfortunately. I have witnessed the unChrist like ways of the Bush adminmistration. I have seen blood in the past and in the future.

Richard,

I'll simply say with kindness that I don't buy it, especially the part about seeing the future. Are you an Apostle or just a plain prophet?  Or, maybe you are a King or have some other self-proclaimed title. I think that the Enquirer wants to know.   Cheesy  I honestly feel that you deserve a regular pay check from the George Bush campaign to keep doing what you are now doing.   Cheesy

So, you're not a Kerry man, as you say. Who are you going to vote for Richard? OR, are you running? If so, will you vote for yourself?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2004, 05:53:57 AM »

Digme Said:

BORTHER TOM THE GROUND IS LEVEL AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS...... WHETHER baby killers, liers, stealers, war-leaders, me you, Nazi, Nietzche, Escarot Euhadah (judah), Peter, St. Paul, Kerry, or Bush... all same.......  same mortal man...  SAME...  sadly i say though, most of us sometimes have a man-made tier, of who is above who is higher on the ladder leading up to God... saddly to say, i am inclined to think you might see it that way sometimes, or maybe not? i will know from your answers

Hello Digme,

I think that you misunderstand this discussion. Most of us are simply discussing our Biblical convictions concerning the race for President.

I think that we both know that men can not be forced to the FOOT OF THE CROSS. If they could be, it would not be them accepting or believing in anything. I obviously believe that all problems would be solved if all people accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour. However, a large portion of the world is evil, and Christians must decide action or inaction. Almighty God can obviously do anything He wishes in and through His children. However, this is done by us yielding to HIS WILL and following the path that would be most pleasing to HIM, not us. I don't believe for a moment that HE wishes HIS children to remain quiet, defend, promote, or ignore evil. There may be some Christians who honestly feel they are led by the Holy Spirit to not be seen or heard in public. If they believe that, I would expect them to follow their convictions. However, that quiet Christian should also know there are a host of Christians with convictions to speak up, be heard, take a stand for Jesus, and call good and evil what they are.

Personally, I feel led to speak up, stand up, share HIS WORD, and yield to HIS Will and purpose. YES, HE wishes to use us. It's really not a matter of HIM needing us to stand for HIM. One could also say that HE doesn't need Pastors, witnesses, workers for the ill and hungry, cheerful givers to HIS WORKS, etc., etc. YES! HE could certainly do it all by Himself with no help from anyone, but that it not HIS WILL. HIS need of us is not the question. Our willingness to yield and serve however HE leads us is the question.

What is actually happening in this thread is a discussion of rights and wrongs that are available to us in a vote. Personally, I feel convicted to vote every time the door opens. I will study and pray about my vote, and I will certainly vote. I will do lots of other things that I feel led and convicted to do. I understand those Christians who choose to be silent and do nothing, but I disagree with them completely. I associate a silent and do nothing Christian as someone who is either ashamed of their Lord and Saviour, afraid, or otherwise letting the devil takes what he wishes without a fight. Some might even confuse piety with silence and inaction. I understand, but I disagree completely. Think about the following paraphrased:

You deny ME..........

Shout it from the rooftops...

Unto good works..........

Personally, I view silence and inaction as denying our Lord and Saviour. It is HIS WORD and HIS WILL that we are to obey to the best of our ability.

Everyone knows there is no perfect man to put in any office. So, this discussion is not about that impossibility. This discussion is about WHAT IS POSSIBLE, for or against HIS WILL, with the choices we have. I would simply ask one thing: Is it HIS WILL that we say nothing and do nothing about evil? My answer is NO. I would say that the silent and do nothing Christian is not yielding to Almighty God for HIS USE. I see mortal Christians as tools GOD wishes to use for HIS Purpose. Other than that, men are just dirt clods, but God does love us.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the