Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:52:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  US Elections 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US Elections 2004  (Read 38903 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2004, 01:36:34 AM »

Hello RichardElchrist, do you know that every major war has started, when a dem has been in office. That is a fact, since Teddy Roosvelt was elected to office.
I am afraid that electing Kerry would be the start of the tribulation. If you are a Christian you know what the trib is...........
I am ready to go to the Lord at any time. I would like to see some of the people I know come to Christ. If Kerry is elected there wouldn't be enought time. Cry

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2004, 01:45:19 AM »

Also RichardElchrist, do you know Democrats have killed more of our young men in battle, and wars then any other party put together. Checking the facts;
Civil War--Rep
Spanish-American War--Dem
World war 1--Dem
World War 2--Dem
Korea--Dem
Vietnam--Dem
Iraq 1--Rep
Iraq 2--Rep
Please check your facts, you will find I am correct.

Edited to add;
Every time a republican is in office, they build the Armed Services up. Every time a democrat comes into office they tear the Armed Services down. When some one with a gruge comes along and starts a war.

I do not apologize for being so shy on this matter.
Sorry beeps I could help it. Grin
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 02:18:31 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

BFWard

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2004, 01:56:48 AM »

DW, you last post was good, except for the Civil War part.  Lincoln was a Republican, so it was the Republicans who started the Civil War.

"51: Call to remembrance what acts our fathers did in their time; so shall ye receive great honour and an everlasting name. "
1 Maccabees 2:51 (KJV)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2004, 02:20:28 AM »

DW, you last post was good, except for the Civil War part.  Lincoln was a Republican, so it was the Republicans who started the Civil War.
Already changed, I had to get something to eat. When I got back I remembered so I changed it, then I saw your post. Roll Eyes
Thanks though. Grin

BFWard

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2004, 03:13:28 AM »

You are most welcome.

"51: Call to remembrance what acts our fathers did in their time; so shall ye receive great honour and an everlasting name. "
1 Maccabees 2:51 (KJV)
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2004, 06:34:22 AM »

I 100% agree People that kill un-born babies are guitly of Murder in the First Degree!!

Click on the Picture above.

Blessings,  \o/

KristiAnne

Yes, and it is American politics from both sides of the fence that allow it to continue.

Where is the Christian objection to both guilty parties in our politics in America. I hear silence.

It would appear that Christians choose the lesser of two evils, but evil is still chosen.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 06:39:21 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2004, 06:42:51 AM »

I will vote for Ollie

<Smiley))><

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2004, 06:57:25 AM »

Also RichardElchrist, do you know Democrats have killed more of our young men in battle, and wars then any other party put together. Checking the facts;
Civil War--Rep
Spanish-American War--Dem
World war 1--Dem
World War 2--Dem
Korea--Dem
Vietnam--Dem
Iraq 1--Rep
Iraq 2--Rep
Please check your facts, you will find I am correct.

Edited to add;
Every time a republican is in office, they build the Armed Services up. Every time a democrat comes into office they tear the Armed Services down. When some one with a gruge comes along and starts a war.

I do not apologize for being so shy on this matter.
Sorry beeps I could help it. Grin

You must have overlooked Eisenhower and his downsizing of the Americam military in the late 1950s.
Then there was Roosevelt with the largest buildup of American armed forces, in the early 1940s, ever in History of same.
Then there was Truman whose administration decided to maintain a very large military to meet the communist threat at the end of WWII. This continued until Eisenhowers downsizing.
Then you overlooked Bush and his downsizing veterans benefits after we went into Iraq.
 Then there was Nixon who stepped up and beefed up the war effort in Vietnam. Then we lost and it went communist anyway. What was it all about?
However his administaration did bring us lawful abortion. It has gone on through five republican presidents and two democrats.

God's will be done, whether republican or democrat, His will be done.

Ollie

Support your local Christian.
digme
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2004, 07:55:36 AM »

Brothers and sisters in Christ, conversation even in this sensitive topic without the spirit of Christ would not be due respectful... having said that, i want to point out this is really written for BEP(AKA TOM ) for i have the utmost respect for that man(i am assuming)... I really didn't like what I have seen that has been written for none of you ever displayed a heart to hearken that could be molded... a heart that is soft, except maybe brother TOM..... and that is truly from my heart, for i don't like to babble and dabble in here.... getting back to what i said:

Brother Tom, i am assuming you still have a passion to serve and follow our Lord... here is the question that i have,- have you ever thought maybe the solution to solving the abortion problem is not to pass laws? or to elect officials? is that really the solution brother?  Should i say far more than what the Book of Romans explains to us about the Law? I can't understand how we christians can be so blinded.  Law binds us with the a chain.. oh we so conveniently ignore it when it comes to the political arena, but we sure know how to exegisis the HECK OUT OF ROMANS... Have you ever thought brother Tom, God wants the problem rooted out from another vantage point? if you want me to suggest from where, i can? but I am well aware you are at least familiar with some for i have sensed your soft heart from what you have posted... brother, it is really not be unkind to others in here... but some of the stuff written in here grieves the Holy Spirit...
Brother Tom, i ask the same question to myself, and it is an ever daunting task knowing that Jesus Christ every day wants to contradict in the way i experience my life as live; the implications of that means that my thought patterns and the motives behind of what i think have to be tested continuously; i have seen that to be at least somewhat true in your case brother.  I don't think GOD CARES A HOOT ABOUT WHAT AMERICA IS AND AMERICA IS GOING TO BE! QUOTE ME ON IT! ... We would be fools to believe that God is concerened about the state affairs of this country without first being concerned about our piety...  most here just simply shrugged off the comments about the piety thing from my previous posts... let me tell you, i am the one to admit... i am ever so more convicted of that daily, sometimes it feels like hourly.... oh yeah, we have the rehetorics... what we don't understand is that, we might feel this to be a light discussion of a subject important to us... BUT BE WARE... May i say... WE ARE FLIRTING WITH TRUTH! I dare say, if God enjoys seeing that...  remember the story with Felix... and I dare not flirt with it for the implications for this discussion is more detrimental than some of what we realize here now...  I DONT CARE IF WE WILL BE in certain way, a successful country... I just wish God would sensitize me and you and others...  I learned a very deep message just recently from a preacher about the intent of our hearts(email or pm me for that if you would like to hear it)... i am scared now ever so more, of what i say, for i have the faintest little understanding that my heart controls what i say.. in other words, my intent for what i say always precedes the content that i say... that test my friend, i applied it here, and saddly to say, it has failed... many a man and woman here tried to tell me, we judge truth... i say to you and to them, before you stand for truth, judge the intent on why you stand for truth... you think GOD needs a lawyer? Hmm... you think Almighty One, needs feeble man to stand for Him and discuss about why abortion is wrong, when we don't even fail the pain of the woman who is choosing to abort...  what we Don't understand, and including you i am going to assume, is that in the "natural condition of completeness" a woman would not have the necessity to abort, not because she is educated, or is white, or has parents that are rich, or is a law-abiding citizen... but because the glory of God would have indwelt within her.  WE FORGET that SIN is the SOURCE OF ALL EVIL...

BORTHER TOM THE GROUND IS LEVEL AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS...... WHETHER baby killers, liers, stealers, war-leaders, me you, Nazi, Nietzche, Escarot Euhadah (judah), Peter, St. Paul, Kerry, or Bush... all same.......  same mortal man...  SAME...   sadly i say though, most of us sometimes have a man-made tier, of who is above who is higher on the ladder leading up to God... saddly to say, i am inclined to think you might see it that way sometimes, or maybe not? i will know from your answers
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 08:12:41 AM by digme » Logged
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2004, 08:30:07 AM »

(Note This Quote Below:  "We're going to let our political leaders know 'if you don't stand for God, we won't stand for you,'")

Miss. Christians Rally After FMA Senate Setback

by Allie Martin and Jenni Parker
July 19, 2004

(AgapePress) - More than 6,000 people gathered at the BancorpSouth Center in Tupelo, Mississippi, last Sunday night (July 18) to support the biblical view of marriage as a union between one man and one woman. For that evening the center became a place of worship, as more than 70 area churches joined forces to host the rally for traditional marriage.

Less than a week after the U.S. senate voted to end debate on a constitutional amendment to protect traditional marriage, Christians are mobilizing and preparing for the next phase in the ongoing fight to keep marriage from being redefined.

This past weekend's Rally for Traditional Marriage was broadcast by American Family Radio to audiences across 35 states. The Northeast Mississippi gathering featured rousing music and speeches from a number of pro-family leaders, including the state's First District representative, Congressman Roger Wicker, and Pastor Bill Owens, president of the Coalition of African American Pastors.

Leaders call on Christians to speak out, pray, and vote

Rally attendees watched a short video presentation of President George W. Bush's address to the recent national meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention, during which he pledged to support the proposed Federal Marriage Amendment. In his own address, Congressman Wicker emphasized the importance of protecting marriage as a basic step to safeguard the health of the family.

The U.S. representative described "a mom and a dad involved in their family" as the best "program" in combating a number of social problems. He pointed out that re-defining marriage would result in cheapening the institution and lowering heterosexual marriage rates, thereby increasing the number of children living in single-parent homes.

Wicker also urged audience members to "vote prayerfully; vote carefully," since the next U.S. president will likely appoint several new justices to the Supreme Court.

Pastor Bill Owens, an African American community activist who marched for racial justice some 40 years ago, told the rally audience the homosexual activists of today have hijacked the civil rights cause. The minister also had a message for elected officials. "We're going to fight until we win," he said. "We're going to have crusades and rallies like this until we win. We're going to let our political leaders know 'if you don't stand for God, we won't stand for you,'" he says.

The battle for marriage will be long, Owens says, but he insists it is a fight that can be won with God's power.

Another rally speaker, Campaign for Working Families Chairman Gary Bauer, challenged believers in America to live, vote for, and defend Christian values without shame or embarrassment. He said Christians must stand up for traditional marriage, which is God's creation.

"Now, I don't know how to break this to folks on the other side," Bauer quipped, "but marriage wasn't dreamed up by the religious right. Marriage actually predates the Massachusetts Supreme Court. Marriage between a man and a woman was there long before San Francisco existed, and it was there before Ted Kennedy took his seat in the United States Senate."

Like Owens, Bauer decried efforts of homosexual activists to characterize traditional marriage defenders as intolerant bigots. "It is not bigotry to believe marriage is between a man and a woman," he said, and the rally audience responded with a burst of applause.

Protest and prayer

However, not everyone that turned out for the rally was in agreement with its purpose. According to the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, a few protestors showed up to demonstrate outside the BancorpSouth Center, holding up signs that bore such messages as "Love makes a marriage, not gender" and "Hate is not a family value."

However, most Rally for Traditional Marriage attendees appeared to support its cause fully. Many declared that they had come to speak up in favor of a Federal Marriage Amendment and for American citizens' right to have the chance vote it up or down.

Nearly all of the main rally speakers cast the effort to defend the biblical view of marriage in terms of a nationwide battle, and Bauer himself said America was fighting "two wars" -- one against terror and another for traditional values. But amid all the martial rhetoric, Pastor Larry Hill of Tupelo's First United Pentecostal Church sounded a note of reconciliation.

Hill closed the rally with a unifying benediction in which he prayed for those who opposed the purpose of the gathering, asking God to "Let them know we love them."

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=4466;start=0#msg67466
http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion01238.shtml
Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2003 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2004, 10:29:32 AM »

I agree with Brother Love (Yikes!  Did I just say that?)  Grin

Ollie for President. Grin

Sincereheart for Secretary of State. Grin

Blackeyedpeas for Attorney General.  Grin

Dreamweaver for Secretary of Defense.  Grin

Oh - and Reba for Secretary of education.  Grin

2nd Tim should lead the Airforce!   Wink

Can I be on the Supreme Court?Huh?
At least let me be a general!    Huh Undecided

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Reba
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2004, 10:33:12 AM »

Sheesh
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2004, 10:41:42 AM »

I gotta ask:  Does the following promote the 1st Amendment, or stomp all over it?  The liberal left preaches “free speech” but only the speech they approve.

TESTING THE FAITH
Political Snitches Monitor Sermons
Groups threaten churches with loss of tax-exempt status over activism
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: July 23, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Joseph Farah
WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – At least two organizations are monitoring the content of Sunday sermons by U.S. pastors and threatening to report churches to the Internal Revenue Service if they hear political messages they deem inappropriate under federal guidelines on tax-exempt status.

For the full story see:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39596

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2004, 10:42:23 AM »

I agree with Brother Love (Yikes!  Did I just say that?)  Grin

Ollie for President. Grin

Sincereheart for Secretary of State. Grin

Blackeyedpeas for Attorney General.  Grin

Dreamweaver for Secretary of Defense.  Grin

Oh - and Reba for Secretary of education.  Grin

2nd Tim should lead the Airforce!   Wink

Can I be on the Supreme Court?Huh?
At least let me be a general!    Huh Undecided

I wanna be the CIA Director... Cry

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2004, 11:07:04 AM »

I wanna be the CIA Director...  

I guess that would be up to Ollie - but howabout "Intelligence Czar".  Grin

JPD
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the