Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:06:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  US Elections 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Down Print
Author Topic: US Elections 2004  (Read 38907 times)
digme
« Reply #360 on: October 10, 2004, 08:15:28 AM »

so sad.. so sad that my words are twisted...  my concern was not about how much i support Kerry or dislike Bush... if BEP were to read my whole post you would have gotten it... and the comments sincereheart... So sad... this is as sad as it gets since you guys want to focus on the political aspect of things.so much.. if ever there was any spiritual thing about it, most all of you would know is ABORTION...  I wonder what the Holy One would say about that...  

No social justice, but that was not even the point i wanted to get across...  it was that Morality starts in our hearts, and that the country is immoral because we do have irreverent hearts... towards God and towards others... and the mockery and slander, that's what it is- irreverence....

BEP, to correct you in my humble and very little knowledge of scripture, we as Christians are not to be involved in triviliazing talk. The Bible actually quotes it as "unwholesome talk" and all the mockery and sarcasm, if not unwholesome, at a threshold it is negative.

I can't believe you think that that is something you have a strong conviction of, and is right to do.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2004, 07:25:42 AM by digme » Logged
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 10, 2004, 08:33:33 AM »

If I could just add a note here....

There are topics that come up on the forum that are bound to find disagreement among many.   And no matter what scripture is posted, points are debated, etc etc, the disagreements will not be resolved in the short term.  I still tend to post on some such subjects, but I'm learning my own limitations on many.  On others I avoid all together for the greater peace of my own mind... Wink

Ask the Lord for guidence and vote your conscience.  I think most already know who they will vote for, so debating it now IMO is only trivial and brings grief.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: October 11, 2004, 10:09:04 AM »

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: October 11, 2004, 01:37:08 PM »

Bush & Kerry are third cousins,
NOW, that is a kick in the pants, I don't think so, Researching I have found NO link to Bush or Skerry being related. The family leaniage is completely different.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 11, 2004, 02:54:54 PM »

There must be comedy in a political thread, and we've got it.   Grin   Grin   Grin

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:21:30 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: October 11, 2004, 04:34:14 PM »

There must be comedy in a political thread, and we've got it.   Grin   Grin   Grin

I think you are right, Brother.
you are me up.
................................................................Crackin'...........
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:22:13 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

michela

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 17, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »

I read on this site: "Judge not". Well this is the only think you and your president do!
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: October 17, 2004, 07:03:02 PM »

Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: November 08, 2004, 01:36:10 AM »

As everyone is free to vote how they feel. I'm happy GWB won the election.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 08, 2004, 10:11:53 AM »

I read on this site: "Judge not". Well this is the only think you and your president do!

It might be time to search for a new media source there michela.   Wink

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Talmadge

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 08, 2004, 12:35:44 PM »

We have what we have. Let's try and make something of it. I belong to an organization called "A Million Dads" and if we can get companies from putting their names on ill fated tv shows then we as a people can help change things if we "really" want them changed. I voted for Bush and so did alot of other faith & moral based people. Rock bands and other gemicks don't work during something as impoetant as a presidential election. Kerry thought by being associated with "big" named people, that he would get the young vote; no, he did not. He thought by showing up at a few churches, he would get the faithful to vote for him; no he did not. It is over, so let us try and make something better for the next four years and as far as Hillary goes, I"ll have to leave this country also, if she was elected.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 08, 2004, 01:19:07 PM »

AMEN BROTHER TALMADGE!

I'm also a member of One Million Dads, but I must admit that I haven't been very active in months.

It is not a time for Christians to rest, just the opposite. It is a time of urgency to share the Gospel of the Grace of God. It's also a time to pray for our country and our leaders.

Many think it is close to the time for our Lord and Saviour to come. That may be true, and I look for HIS Coming with joy. Until that time, it is time for Christians to stand up, speak up, and go to work, especially with sharing the Gospel of the Grace of God. We will not win any final battles or wars, but our Lord and Saviour most definitely WILL!

Love In Christ,
Tom

darwinatridge

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 08, 2004, 06:41:21 PM »

The quotes below are some of the views held by Pro- Abortionist. I'm sure that everyone is clear on the stand that the Democratic Party has taken on abortion. Hillary Clinton and many other Democrats may think there is nothing wrong with their stand on abortion but Planned Parenthood is an organization that was rooted in Bigotry.

Margaret  Sanger - Founder  of   Planned  Parenthood  ". . .we  prefer  the  policy  of  immediate  sterilizarion,   of   making   sure  that  parenthood  is   ' absolutely   prohibed '   to   the   feeble-minded."   The  Pivot  of  Civilization,   p102

Mararet  Sanger's  1922  manifesto,   The  Pivot  of  Civilization,   states  the  following:

"Birth  Control  which  has  been  criticized  as  negative  and  destructive,  is  really  the  greatest  and  most  truly  eugenic  method,  and  its  adoption  as  part  of  the  program  of  Eugenics  would  immediately  give  a  concrete  and  realistic  power  to  that  science. . .  as  the  most  constructive  and  necessary  of  the  means  to  racial  health."

"The  danger  to  the  community  of  the  unsegregated  feeble-minded  woman  is  more  evident.     Most  dangerous  are  the  middle  and  high  grades  living  at  large  who,  despite  the  fact  that  their  defect  is  not  easily  recognizable,  should  nevertheless  be  prevented  from  procreation. . .  In  my  view  we  should  act  without  delay."

Prof.  Dr.  Ernst  Rudin,  head  of  Nazi  Germany's  eugenics  program.
"Eugenics Sterlization:   An  Urgent  Need."   -  Birth  Control  Review,
Volume  XVII,  Number  4  (April  1933),  pp.  102-4.

Are these the kind of views that we want in our leaders in the United States or anywhere else around the world. The elections of 2004 are over but the battle is not. There is already plans being drawn up by the Democrats to take back the Whitehouse in 2008. The commits by Bill Clinton that the Democrats need to understand moral values does not mean that they will change their views. No, the battle is not over my friends. Not by a long shot.
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: November 10, 2004, 07:05:38 AM »

"HERE’S A SAMPLING OF WHAT THE LIBERAL MEDIA THINKS OF VALUES VOTERS.

Mitch Albom of the Detroit Free Press wonders if President Bush understands that "he was not chosen god, bishop, rabbi or high priest?"

The publisher of Harper's magazine, John R. MacArthur, blasts President Bush for advertising his "subservience to Jesus Christ and the Christian god, without the least concern about whether it might offend me" and others like him.

Ex-seminarian Garry Wills writes in the New York Times, "Can a people that believes more fervently in the Virgin Birth than in evolution still be called an Enlightened nation?" He ends by saying that "moral zealots" will scare moderate Republicans with their "jihads."

Maureen Dowd, a New York Times columnist who hates Bush, says the president "ran a jihad in America so he can fight one in Iraq."

Dowd's colleague Thomas Friedman intolerantly accuses Bush's base of wanting "to extend the boundaries of religion" and of promoting "intolerance."

Without providing one example, Margaret Carlson opines in the Los Angeles Times that Catholic bishops "demonized" Kerry's supporters by warning them that "they could go to hell just for voting for him."

Sheryl McCarthy of Newsday accuses Bush of "pandering to people's fears, petty interests and prejudices" against gays and others.

Sidney Blumenthal, writing in Salon, nervously claims that the new Senate majority is "more theocratic than Republican."

In the same spot, Sean Wilentz embarrasses his fellow Princeton faculty by saying "religious fanaticism" has "seized control of the federal government."

http://www.valuesvoters.com/samples.asp

No, the battle is not over my friends. Not by a long shot.

True. Sad..... but so true!  Embarrassed

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the