Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Fahrenheit 9/11
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fahrenheit 9/11  (Read 9112 times)
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2004, 11:34:34 PM »

One of the first sermons I listened to (I mean really listened to), that had a great impact on me was when I was about 35 years younger, and was one about being sincere – and how some are sincerely wrong.
I have no doubt Michael Moore is sincere in his motives, and truly believes the propaganda he spreads.  

It is a double tragedy.  

First is the tragedy of Mr. Moore’s lost soul and that he really, really believes his own distorted message.  Secondly, (and maybe more importantly) is the tragedy of his leading others astray through means of obvious deceit.  

There is nothing in our current earthly reality stronger than prayer.  The hardest thing to do is pray for someone we believe (justified or not) is an enemy.  

Please join me in prayer for Mr. Moore’s eternal soul – that he may wake up one morning and surrender to Christ, Who is The Way, and that the number of souls he leads away from The Word will be few and eventually redeemed.  

Can you imagine the impact if Mr. Moore were to wake up tomorrow a true believer - and take the Truth to the world?  Pray, guys: pray, pray, pray...

Smiley

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

Paper: Moore Used Fake Front
Jul 30, 4:36 PM EST
http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=165690

A scene early in the movie that shows newspaper headlines related to the legally contested presidential election of 2000 included a shot of The Pantagraph's Dec. 19, 2001, front page, with the prominent headline: "Latest Florida recount shows Gore won election."

The paper says that headline never appeared on that day.

It appeared in a Dec. 5, 2001, edition, but the headline was not used on the front page. Instead, it was found in much smaller type above a letter to the editor, which the paper says reflects "only the opinions of the letter writer."

"If (Moore) wants to 'edit' The Pantagraph, he should apply for a copy-editing job," the paper said.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2004, 09:33:11 PM »

I heard on the news this evening that Fahrenheit 9/11 is a HUGE hit in Cuba.  Notice a trend here?  Communists absolutely love watching good, wholesome communist propaganda.  They care nothing of truth – the party line is everything.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2004, 02:39:27 AM »

mr. moore has deeply hurt our young men and women who have given so much to preserve freedom so that he can keep opening his BIG LYING MOUTH!

The moore docu-lie is being shown in Iraq via DVDs and other methods. The result is morale destruction and confusion. There is also thoughts about how the American people will treat them when they come home. YES, they are worried that many will treat them like the military that came home from Viet Nam. It is important to note that our young men and women serving in Iraq are not highly skilled in politics, and they don't get to see the news very often.

It's a fact that moore got filthy rich while crushing the morale of our troops. He should feel great shame, but he's proud instead. It won't happen, but it would be fitting for moore to be deported to somewhere like the Sudan and not be allowed to come back until he has some concept of what freedom is, what it takes to pay for it, who has to pay for it, and what happens if it seems impossible to gain freedom.

However, I doubt that the folks of Sudan could stand moore unless he was well-done and cooked over a slow flame.

Grin   Huh   Roll Eyes   Cool   Angry

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2004, 03:53:53 AM »

However, I doubt that the folks of Sudan could stand moore unless he was well-done and cooked over a slow flame.

Grin   Huh   Roll Eyes   Cool   Angry
10 thumbs up!! Grin

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2004, 06:54:14 AM »

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723

"Unfairenheit 9/11
The lies of Michael Moore.

"To describe this film as dishonest and demagogic would almost be to promote those terms to the level of respectability. To describe this film as a piece of crap would be to run the risk of a discourse that would never again rise above the excremental. To describe it as an exercise in facile crowd-pleasing would be too obvious. Fahrenheit 9/11 is a sinister exercise in moral frivolity, crudely disguised as an exercise in seriousness. It is also a spectacle of abject political cowardice masking itself as a demonstration of "dissenting" bravery."

"A film that bases itself on a big lie and a big misrepresentation can only sustain itself by a dizzying succession of smaller falsehoods, beefed up by wilder and (if possible) yet more-contradictory claims. President Bush is accused of taking too many lazy vacations. (What is that about, by the way? Isn't he supposed to be an unceasing planner for future aggressive wars?) But the shot of him "relaxing at Camp David" shows him side by side with Tony Blair. I say "shows," even though this photograph is on-screen so briefly that if you sneeze or blink, you won't recognize the other figure. A meeting with the prime minister of the United Kingdom, or at least with this prime minister, is not a goof-off."

"Yet Moore is a silly and shady man who does not recognize courage of any sort even when he sees it because he cannot summon it in himself. To him, easy applause, in front of credulous audiences, is everything."

"However, I think we can agree that the film is so flat-out phony that "fact-checking" is beside the point. And as for the scary lawyers—get a life, or maybe see me in court. But I offer this, to Moore and to his rapid response rabble. Any time, Michael my boy. Let's redo Telluride. Any show. Any place. Any platform. Let's see what you're made of."

Aiki Storm

I'm anything but a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2004, 10:47:48 AM »

I think that if Gore had been president Michael Moore would have still come out with this film.  Moore is not a Democrat!  He is just highly anti-American.  

Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2004, 01:02:42 AM »

I seen a quick headline about this movie while surfing before coming here, something about 9/11 can be up for an oscar, I didn't read it to I assume that there was some question if it was elgiable, and the headline implies that it can be. A quick thought ran thru my mind, PRAY, this movie can be a quick reminder of all the lies that Gore tried to pass off, and how Clinton couldn't keep his pants zipped long enough to make a wise decesion for this country, we need honestly in the white house, some one who will bring down abortions, and the gay agenda, someone who will keep God and the moral values of this nation as a #1 prioroty. That this movie even if not seen will remind people what we need to do to keep those out of the white house that support this film, and this kind of propaganda, this film is as much against God as it is Pres Bush.
    Agree with me that what the devil intended for evil can be made for reversed for God's Good, in the name of Jesus.
musicllover

musicllover
Coyote

Aim High!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2004, 01:41:46 PM »

Well being a Military man who loves his country I have a few choice words for a coward like Mr. Moore. I remember reading about another anti-American during the Vietnam War, Ms. Jane Fonda or Hanoi Jane as she is commonly called. It seems to me that these big shot celebrities like to create a mess by stirring the pot the wrong way, this ensues they won't fall from the lime light. Well phooey on them.

Being an American gives you the right to free speech, freedom to worship, right to free a free press, right to bear arms etc. It does not give you the right to be a traitor, and inciting more hatred for our people who are risking their lives, and dying so that you and oppressed people around the world will be free. It is comparable to spitting in the face of your mother/father.

Is Mr. Moore an American? If he is not then he really needs to keep his yap shut. If he is he still needs to keep his yap shut. Instead of brow beating the people with mindless lies.

My solution is giving hime life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, on a remote island out in the pacific ocean. He would be co habitating with all the other frauds, criminals, homosexuals, and (no offence intended to anyone) CLOWNS. They can live out their lives murdering, lying, stealing, and raping each other to their hearts content.

here is my proposed habitat for the individuals.

http://www.1uptravel.com/international/oceaniapacific/johnston-atoll/

it is an intersting place, nice tropical weather, and the goverment alredy owns the land. The chemicals there should be benificial to them.

Well I gotta go rant somewhere else.

Jim

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2004, 05:15:39 PM »

here is my proposed habitat for the individuals.

http://www.1uptravel.com/international/oceaniapacific/johnston-atoll/

it is an intersting place, nice tropical weather, and the goverment alredy owns the land. The chemicals there should be benificial to them.

That looks like a good place for some folks, Coyote.
By the way Johnston Atoll was fortified durning WW2. At the time it was believed that Japan would try and take the Atoll. All Japan did though was bomb the Atoll.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2004, 06:37:27 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Coyote,

Grin   Grin   Grin  Brother, you are far too shy on the subject of Michael Moore. DreamWeaver and I will try to help you come out of your shell and speak your mind.   Grin

Moore is a filthy liar and he got filthy rich telling those lies. Further, he harmed the morale of the young men and women who are fighting to preserve our way of life by taking the battle to the terrorists, instead of letting them bring it to us.

It took many generations of courageous men and women to pay for and preserve the freedom we enjoy. We should think of them every time we freely worship and every time we feel that our children are safe. They deserve our respect and complete support. When the duffel bags are packed and the boot laces tied, the entire country should sacrifice whatever is necessary to see them come home safely and properly thank them when they do come home. Freedom isn't cheap, and I give thanks for the men and women of courage who preserve it with their sweat, blood, tears, and lives.

Brother, thank you for serving our country and preserving our way of life.

Love In Christ,
Tom

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2004, 09:41:30 PM »

Coyote Jim,
Let me do some pure “Michael Moore Paraphrasing” with your post:

“Well, being a Military man who loves his country and cohabitating with all the other frauds and criminals, I have a few choice words for a coward who commonly called Ms. Jane Fonda ‘Hanoi Jane’:  anti-American and traitor.  I am spitting in the face of your hatred for our people and your mother/father.  You oppress people around the world.  
I remember the Vietnam War where murdering, lying, stealing, raping and beating the people on a remote island out in the Pacific Ocean won't fall from the lime light.  

The right to free speech?  Mr. Moore, an American, had to keep his yap shut.
Being an American gives you no right to bear arms or freedom to worship, right to free a free press, etc. to create a mess by stirring the pot the wrong way.  Well phooey on CLOWNS!  Homosexuals can live out their lives with each other to their hearts content as long as big shot celebrities keep giving them life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Okay… the above was not written – it was assembled from your own words, Coyote.  Done exactly as Michael Moore did “Fareinhate 9/11” and “Lying for Columbine”.  Hey - can you deny you used any of those words above???

Moore's strategy is SATAN's strategy.

JPD
musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2004, 12:44:15 AM »

Blowen off some steam...... Angry

We have certain Kerry ads against Pres Bush, Bush puts a few out there on his own against Kerry, then we get the soft money groups coming in shows some of Kerrys old war buddies that puts Kerry in a neg light concerning his conduct after he returns home from Vietnam, Kerry acuses this group of being backed by the Pres, now he is asking the President to stop these ads. BOO HOO, WA WA WA some one get Kerry his BA BA.
     I understand foul play, over board, I understand each has to throw a little dirt, don't mean I like it.......What I don't understand is HOW, and why don't someone put a stop to this michael moore movie.....isn't it the biggest piece of progoganda on the market today? Democrats began the mud slinging long ago with the publishing of a few books and now  its a whole hour and something movie compared to a 15 sec commercial.  Huh Kerry is crying like a wimp. I heard as a kid, and even use it with my own (even though I swore I never would) if you can't take it don't dish it out.  Maybe Kerry should ask moore to not show this movie anymore?

musicllover

musicllover
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2004, 01:45:51 AM »

What I don't understand is HOW, and why don't someone put a stop to this michael moore movie.....isn't it the biggest piece of progoganda on the market today?
musicllover
Because of his right "Freedom of expression."  If we start to take away the "Bill of Rights" given to us by our forfathers, what do we have?

An American Communist, This is what Michael Moore is.....

A RAT to the American way of life. Just as alot of Democrats want to modify our "Bills of Rights," And the Constution, which one of my Great great great.......... Uncles signed. I found out about this last night. Talking with my great Uncle John.

Go in Peace with God
DW

musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2004, 01:59:07 AM »

What I don't understand is HOW, and why don't someone put a stop to this michael moore movie.....isn't it the biggest piece of progoganda on the market today?
musicllover
Because of his right "Freedom of expression."  If we start to take away the "Bill of Rights" given to us by our forfathers, what do we have?

An American Communist, This is what Michael Moore is.....

A RAT to the American way of life. Just as alot of Democrats want to modify our "Bills of Rights," And the Constution, which one of my Great great great.......... Uncles signed. I found out about this last night. Talking with my great Uncle John.

Go in Peace with God
DW

HEAR HEAR, I wouldn't have it any other way, but if moore can produce an 90 minute move expressioning his freedom of speech, then why can't another group produce with that same freedom?
    Democrats want to scream foul when the stones they threw first start coming back across the fence and  start hitting a few of them in the heads.  

musicllover
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the