Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:32:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286827 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Faith and Works ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Faith and Works ?  (Read 12194 times)
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2004, 11:13:07 PM »

The primary thrust is simple: If you don't go to church on Saturday, you are going to hell.
The wages of sin is death, (Romans 6:23)

Are you sinless S.S.?

Bronzesnake
If I sin, will that help you ?

If I don't sin, will that help you ?

The answer is no to both questions, because it is a personal relationship between you and God.

I'
m merely letting people understand what the requirements are, for getting into heaven.

I was under the impression you thought you and your church were going to be the only ones in Heaven ..... Grin  Tongue Grin. So who are you preaching too ?

Do those requirements mean we HAVE to attend church on a Saturday? I'm still looking but so far I've not come across any scriptures to tell what day the Sabbath is, it just says to keep the Sabbath Holy. We are also told to NOT negelect the gathering of the saints.....so if there is a group of "saints" and we gather together NO matter what day it is, we sing, we pray, we worship.....and we call it church then I am sure that God is pleased. Honestly its what we do on the off days that really show our Christians faith anyway.
    ITs a real shame when someone believes because they have entered a certain building that they have immediate enterance into Heaven. Its the exclusion relegions that I have a real problem with. Its like say well thanks Jesus you tried man, but it just wasn't good enough for most of the world. Its like slapping him in the face. What Jesus done he done for ALL MAN KIND, he DIED was dead, with out life, took all the ugly sin and garbage of this world and pushed it aside so that those who believe can follow him thru........ I'm ready how about you?
musicllover
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 11:16:03 PM by musicllover » Logged

musicllover
Reba
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2004, 11:13:42 PM »

LOL  you pick and choose the commandants at YOUR will. I will pester you no more.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2004, 11:29:21 PM »

Reba Said:

If you think for one minute that ANYTHING added to the shed Blood of Jesus the Christ will get anyone to heaven you are not a Christian. Jesus paid the price. Mans righteousness is as filthy rags.

AMEN SISTER!!

That's why the Gospel of God's Grace is so simple. There are many self-righteous folks always trying to add something of their own to the shed blood of Jesus.

By the way, have you ever heard someone with the word "Sabbath" as the most used word in their vocabulary that doesn't know what it is, what it means, or how to keep it? It just shows me how easy it is for some folks to be led astray and robbed of the joy that could be in Jesus.

UM?, I don't know anyone who keeps the Sabbath, including Silver Surfer. AND, I never met someone who thought they were keeping the Sabbath that knows what it is, what it means, and how it should be kept. Considering that word appears to be much more important than Jesus for some folks, one would think that person might have some clue about the basics of the Sabbath. Now we have a person who can't explain the basics of the Sabbath but tells us we are all going to hell if we don't go to church on Saturday. I guess if he can't explain the Sabbath it must be a mystery or some kind of secret, certainly worthy of condemning all to hell that go to church on Sunday.

[size=10]NOT![/size]

Sister Reba, here's a secret, so please don't tell anyone:

My Lord and Saviour is LORD over all 7 days!

Love In Christ,
Tom

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2004, 11:34:36 PM »

Law And Grace - Part Eight (Sabbath)

(My Note: There is tremendous significance in the New Testament when the terms of "Rest" and "Peace" are used in connection with Jesus Christ. In fact, they also have tremendous significance in the Old Testament when used in connection with God the FATHER. If one uses the ancient languages to study portions of the Old Testament, GREAT secrets are revealed that apply directly to the rest and peace available ONLY BECAUSE OF THE CROSS! This is only one reason why one MUST BE a student of the Old Testament to understand the meaning, purpose, and effect of THE CROSS. If one has a basic understanding of the entire Holy Bible, one of the most appropriate things to say is: Thanks be unto GOD for HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever. Some portions of Scriptures I have chosen to use in this study have a purpose that might not be immediately seen. Some are intended as a foundation for other portions of Scripture that I wish to use. I might add that some of the later portions of Scripture require a lot of time in Bible study. Language studies are required for part of what I really want to do, so please have some patience.)

(Matthew 11:25)  At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
(Matthew 11:26)  Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
(Matthew 11:27)  All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
(Matthew 11:28)  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
(Matthew 11:29)  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
(Matthew 11:30)  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

(My Note: One will see many instances in the Holy Bible where Jews wished to condemn Jesus Christ unto death for violation of the Sabbath. Jesus Christ was born under the Law and came unto HIS OWN (Israel), and HIS OWN received HIM not. Because of this, the GOSPEL was given also to the Gentiles (unclean, pagan, heathen). That's me and a host of members of the CHURCH which is THE BODY OF CHRIST. Some Jews are also members of the CHURCH which is THE BODY OF CHRIST, but the vast majority of Jews have rejected Jesus Christ as VERY GOD, Lord and Saviour. However, GOD isn't finished in HIS dealing with Israel, separate and apart. There are many Promises of God to Israel that are yet to be fulfilled, but every single Promise of God will be fulfilled at HIS appointed time. It's a serious error to confuse Israel with the CHURCH which is THE BODY OF CHRIST. This causes tremendous confusion until one learns how to rightly divide the WORD OF TRUTH. I would not hint or imply that any portion of the Holy Bible should be ignored, JUST THE OPPOSITE. One can't understand the meaning, purpose, and effect of THE CROSS without diligent study of the entire Bible. Every single word of the Holy Bible, from cover to cover, is profitable for instruction, study, and understanding. Our treasures in Jesus Christ are MAGNIFIED when we contrast LAW and GRACE. There is no comparison to the world without Jesus Christ and THE CROSS to the ABSOLUTE REALITY we can partake of in and through OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST. I give thanks that the Gospel of the Grace of God is simple enough for a child to understand. One doesn't need to be a Bible scholar to understand and accept Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Saviour. When we accept Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Saviour, there are many reasons why we should hunger to study HIS WORD.  2 Timothy 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.)

(Matthew 12:1)  At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
(Matthew 12:2)  But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
(Matthew 12:3)  But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
(Matthew 12:4)  How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
(Matthew 12:5)  Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
(Matthew 12:6)  But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
(Matthew 12:7)  But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
(Matthew 12:Cool  For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

(My Note: This portion of Scripture will be visited again.)

____________________End Part Eight (Sabbath)

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2004, 01:52:08 AM »

Law And Grace - Part Eight (Sabbath)

(My Note: There is tremendous significance in the New Testament when the terms of "Rest" and "Peace" are used in connection with Jesus Christ. In fact, they also have tremendous significance in the Old Testament when used in connection with God the FATHER. If one uses the ancient languages to study portions of the Old Testament, GREAT secrets are revealed that apply directly to the rest and peace available ONLY BECAUSE OF THE CROSS! This is only one reason why one MUST BE a student of the Old Testament to understand the meaning, purpose, and effect of THE CROSS. If one has a basic understanding of the entire Holy Bible, one of the most appropriate things to say is: Thanks be unto GOD for HIS UNSPEAKABLE GIFT, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever. Some portions of Scriptures I have chosen to use in this study have a purpose that might not be immediately seen. Some are intended as a foundation for other portions of Scripture that I wish to use. I might add that some of the later portions of Scripture require a lot of time in Bible study. Language studies are required for part of what I really want to do, so please have some patience.)

(Matthew 11:25)  At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
(Matthew 11:26)  Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.
(Matthew 11:27)  All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
(Matthew 11:28)  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
(Matthew 11:29)  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
(Matthew 11:30)  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

(My Note: One will see many instances in the Holy Bible where Jews wished to condemn Jesus Christ unto death for violation of the Sabbath. Jesus Christ was born under the Law and came unto HIS OWN (Israel), and HIS OWN received HIM not. Because of this, the GOSPEL was given also to the Gentiles (unclean, pagan, heathen). That's me and a host of members of the CHURCH which is THE BODY OF CHRIST. Some Jews are also members of the CHURCH which is THE BODY OF CHRIST, but the vast majority of Jews have rejected Jesus Christ as VERY GOD, Lord and Saviour. However, GOD isn't finished in HIS dealing with Israel, separate and apart. There are many Promises of God to Israel that are yet to be fulfilled, but every single Promise of God will be fulfilled at HIS appointed time. It's a serious error to confuse Israel with the CHURCH which is THE BODY OF CHRIST. This causes tremendous confusion until one learns how to rightly divide the WORD OF TRUTH. I would not hint or imply that any portion of the Holy Bible should be ignored, JUST THE OPPOSITE. One can't understand the meaning, purpose, and effect of THE CROSS without diligent study of the entire Bible. Every single word of the Holy Bible, from cover to cover, is profitable for instruction, study, and understanding. Our treasures in Jesus Christ are MAGNIFIED when we contrast LAW and GRACE. There is no comparison to the world without Jesus Christ and THE CROSS to the ABSOLUTE REALITY we can partake of in and through OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST. I give thanks that the Gospel of the Grace of God is simple enough for a child to understand. One doesn't need to be a Bible scholar to understand and accept Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Saviour. When we accept Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Saviour, there are many reasons why we should hunger to study HIS WORD.  2 Timothy 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.)

(Matthew 12:1)  At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat.
(Matthew 12:2)  But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.
(Matthew 12:3)  But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;
(Matthew 12:4)  How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?
(Matthew 12:5)  Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
(Matthew 12:6)  But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
(Matthew 12:7)  But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
(Matthew 12:Cool  For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

(My Note: This portion of Scripture will be visited again.)

____________________End Part Eight (Sabbath)
Beatiful post beeps. Praise Jesus Christ for our salvation, for he is worthy.

musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2004, 08:17:20 AM »

Tom,
       I do love to read something when a person has the true understanding and knowledge of the scriptures. Very well written, this doesn't exclude anyone. Just the way Jesus wanted it or the gentiles would have never been given the chance after the Jews rejected him.
      I get pretty heated up when I think about some relegions claiming they are the ONLY ones. Angry Kinda reminds me of training a puppy, rub there nose in it, Grin and throw them outside....., so they come here rub our noses in there so called truth and claim we are going to hell.....
   The great news is even Jesus loves them and with a repetant heart they will get into Heaven with all other believers from ever tribe, nation and tongue.
      Just makes my heart burst with joy....... best get off here, got a test in health. Prays you all, test in CHild psy, and Phy Science, and ALGEBRA next week........OH WOO IS ME....... Grin

musicllover

musicllover
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2004, 08:30:07 AM »

The primary thrust is simple: If you don't go to church on Saturday, you are going to hell.
The wages of sin is death, (Romans 6:23)
......... but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

One works for wages, but a gift is freely given and this one is given out of love and that same love, through the Holy Spirit in us, produces our work in God. A gift given means there must be an acceptor or one to receive it. No work of the old law is involved, if so, it would not be a gift.

ollie
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 09:19:56 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2004, 08:44:06 AM »

5:8  Thou shalt not make thee [any] graven image, [or] any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the waters beneath the earth:

I am sure you have no pictures or likeness of anything that is in heaven above or in the earth beneath. That would be a picture of a tree, a child, medow, cloud, flowers, surly you do not read a magizine that has such  law breaking likeness or picture. Or is verse EX 5:8 less of a commandment than 5:12? If you have such likeness how do you justify them?

Silver Surfer will you answer?

Maybe you pick and choose which laws are the real ones, but i did copy the above verse stright from your post. Do you own a camera? If you do what likeness do you allow your self to make? Surly one who keeps the law keeps all the law correct? To do less than keep the whole law would be hypocritical correct? Not answering does not make the question go away.
Nope...don't have a camera.

That's not the commandment of God's, that is going to be the issue, in last events.

The test of loyalty to God is going to be the 7th day Sabbath....or , Sunday.
http://home.earthlink.net/~se7en_7/
"The test of loyalty to God is going to be the 7th day Sabbath....or , Sunday."

Loyalty to God is through Jesus Christ, not through days of the week.

ollie

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2004, 10:50:07 AM »

5:8  Thou shalt not make thee [any] graven image, [or] any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the waters beneath the earth:

I am sure you have no pictures or likeness of anything that is in heaven above or in the earth beneath. That would be a picture of a tree, a child, medow, cloud, flowers, surly you do not read a magizine that has such  law breaking likeness or picture. Or is verse EX 5:8 less of a commandment than 5:12? If you have such likeness how do you justify them?

Silver Surfer will you answer?

Maybe you pick and choose which laws are the real ones, but i did copy the above verse stright from your post. Do you own a camera? If you do what likeness do you allow your self to make? Surly one who keeps the law keeps all the law correct? To do less than keep the whole law would be hypocritical correct? Not answering does not make the question go away.
Nope...don't have a camera.

That's not the commandment of God's, that is going to be the issue, in last events.

The test of loyalty to God is going to be the 7th day Sabbath....or , Sunday.
http://home.earthlink.net/~se7en_7/
"The test of loyalty to God is going to be the 7th day Sabbath....or , Sunday."

Loyalty to God is through Jesus Christ, not through days of the week.

ollie
AMEN!! ollie

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2004, 03:21:24 PM »

AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

I just read quite a few posts again in this thread. I was just thinking about how much I love all of you and how much I enjoy our fellowship. There is only ONE test for Salvation - THE LAW OF FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST! I was just thinking how beautiful it is to love someone who you have never seen, and this is possible ONLY because of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. We are like a huge family who love and care for each other. We have our little spats and differences from time to time, much like brothers and sisters in a physical family. However, we are a spiritual family with Jesus Christ as the head of the family. What we have in common is much stronger than the bonds of a physical family, love and faith in Jesus Christ. We have our good days and bad, sickness and health, joy and sorrow, and many of the weaknesses of all mankind. BUT - We have Jesus who walks with us every step of the way. We also have each other for encouragement, prayer, and lifting up in times of trial. In short, all of our treasures are in and through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2004, 05:37:40 PM »

I was under the impression you thought you and your church were going to be the only ones in Heaven
. Revelation 22:14   Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.  ....
who are you preaching too ?
 Revelation 14:6   And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the [everlasting gospel] to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,  
  14:7   Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.  
Do those requirements mean we HAVE to attend church on a Saturday?
Jesus said: "IF..you love me, keep my commandments", (John 14:15).
AND.....the Bible points out a people who do just that:  Revelation 14:12   "Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus".
QUESTION: Are the 'saints'...Christians ?

I'm still looking but so far I've not come across any scriptures to tell what day the Sabbath is,

Luke 23:54   And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.  
  23:55   And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.  
  23:56   And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.  

Chapter 24

24:1   Now upon the first [day] of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain [others] with them.  
  24:2   And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.  
  24:3   And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
(NOTE: This Bible verse tells that the 7th day Sabbath was the day before....Jesus rose from the grave)
 We are also told to NOT negelect the gathering of the saints.....so if there is a group of "saints" and we gather together NO matter what day it is, we sing, we pray, we worship.....and we call it church then I am sure that God is pleased. Honestly its what we do on the off days that really show our Christians faith anyway.
    ITs a real shame when someone believes because they have entered a certain building that they have immediate enterance into Heaven.
You're in luck.....the Bible never teaches that any building, attended on the Sabbath, saves anyone. Because the Apostle Paul held Sabbath services by a river, with a group of women, on the Sabbath.
Its the exclusion relegions that I have a real problem with. Its like say well thanks Jesus you tried man, but it just wasn't good enough for most of the world. Its like slapping him in the face. What Jesus done he done for ALL MAN KIND, he DIED was dead, with out life, took all the ugly sin and garbage of this world and pushed it aside so that those who believe can follow him thru........ I'm ready how about you?
Remember that God never made any of the 10 commandments, as a yoke of bondage....but as the Law of Liberty, (James 2:10-12).
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2004, 12:49:30 AM »

There's widespread confusion in regard to Biblical Law and its relevance to the Christian life. Indeed Christians who willingly submit to it are viewed as teaching salvation by works. Let it be known that we are not saved by our works - but by the grace of God. But does that excuse us from keeping the law of God?

The Apostle Paul (Romans 8:1-11) compares those 'in the flesh' and those 'in the Spirit'; that is, those who are unconverted and those who are converted. He states (v. 7) "the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God". That is, the unconverted mind is 'fleshly', hostile to God - is not in subjection to God's laws.

Do you realize what the apostle is telling us? The converted mind is subject to the law of God. With this in mind, let's read and understand Rom. 1:8. "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit". If we are in the Spirit, we will walk in subjection to the law of God and therefore will have no condemnation.

It must be noted, however, that a distinction is made between those who are subject to the law of God and those who are not - those who are walking according to the Spirit and those who are walking according to the flesh. Paul then tells us that God sent His Son because of our weaknesses so that the "righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit" Romans 8:3-4, Notice again that Paul emphasizes a difference between those who walk in subjection to the law of God and those who do not. We cannot earn our salvation, but rather are saved by faith. Nevertheless, we must understand that "faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead" James 2:17.

The so-called 'old covenant' was replaced. Why? The reason is explained in Hebrews 10:8, 10 where we're told, "Because finding fault with them I will make a new covenant". God found fault with the people, not with His own laws. Because the people would not obey His laws, He said that He would establish a new covenant, one in which He would "put my laws in their mind and write them on their hearts".

We all fall short of keeping the law perfectly. All too often we sin. That's why we can only be saved by God's grace and not by the law, not by our own righteousness acts, but by the righteousness of Christ. When we are repentant God imputes to us the perfect righteousness of His Son, our Saviour.

Jesus Christ is our mediator - and our example. He was able to overcome, and with his Spirit in us we can overcome also, if we are willing to put forth the effort.

Satan is the deceiver of the whole world and he has deceived some into thinking that it is not necessary to keep the laws of God. Don't ever be lured into believing this. Prophecy in Revelation 13:17 says, "The dragon [Satan] was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ". Why do you think that the dragon will be angry with the woman? Because Satan wants to deceive the whole world.

Some believe that we only need faith in Christ. Others seek salvation only by keeping the commandments. We need both. The inspired Scriptures tell us, James 2:14, 20 "What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? O foolish man ...faith without works is dead" .

It is possible to have our name blotted out of the Book of Life. Whoever overcomes will not have his name removed Rev. 3:5. We are not saved because of our works, but by God's mercy, through grace. But because of our love for God and of our faith in Him, we firmly establish God's laws in our life Romans 3:31

John wrote: "He who says 'I know him' and does not keep his commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him. He who says he abides in him also himself also to walk just as he walked" I John 2:46. Don't be deceived by those who claim God's Law is 'done away'.

How did Christ walk? He by God's grace, and by staying close to the Father in prayer "with vehement cries and tears" Hebrews 5:7, led an unblemished life. He never once transgressed the divine law.

musicllover

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2004, 01:45:24 AM »

I was under the impression you thought you and your church were going to be the only ones in Heaven
. Revelation 22:14   Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.  ....
who are you preaching too ?
 Revelation 14:6   And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the [everlasting gospel] to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,  
  14:7   Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.  
Do those requirements mean we HAVE to attend church on a Saturday?
Jesus said: "IF..you love me, keep my commandments", (John 14:15).
AND.....the Bible points out a people who do just that:  Revelation 14:12   "Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus".
QUESTION: Are the 'saints'...Christians ?

WOOOO NELLY,
back up a few scriptures....Rev 14:3B...no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. 4)These are the one who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins, these are the one who follow the lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed form among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. 5) And in their mouths was found no deciet, for they are without fault before the throne of God........

So your saying your one of the 144,000, your a virgin, and you followed Jesus were every he went, your redeemed from among men, and you have no deciet and are without faults? Wellll guess that would mean you are one of those  dear old very old saints.... Grin

I'm still looking but so far I've not come across any scriptures to tell what day the Sabbath is,

Luke 23:54   And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.  
  23:55   And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.  
  23:56   And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

Don't rush off to soon I got to looking, Let me show you what I found, but you have to be open minded a little OK, Lets look in John 20:1
Now the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early......... FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK, SUNDAY is considered the first day of the week,......... little further over in the same book, John 20:19 Then the SAME day at evening being the first day of the week, ......... Acts 20:7 Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples come together to break bread Paul...........1 Cor 16:2 On the first day of the week  let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collection when I come....(sounds like they took an offering from those gathered on the first day of the week). Rev. 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day and I ........ ( the "Lord's Day" has been written about in the early CHristains writing as Sunday or refered to as the Lords Day, also the day the Lord resurrection) So your scripture tells us that they prepared spices on Fri, rested on Sat, and Christ rose on Sunday. Good deal, we are still on the same page.

Chapter 24
 24:1   Now upon the first [day] of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain [others] with them.  
  24:2   And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.  
  24:3   And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
(NOTE: This Bible verse tells that the 7th day Sabbath was the day before....Jesus rose from the grave)

Oh ya, now your beginning to understand..... Sat is the sabbath, also the Seventh day, and you just quoted from your scirptures on the FIRST DAY of the week, making it Sunday....I understand that it is the Jewish belief to meet on the Sabbath, but I'm not Jewish, I am Christian I meet on Sunday. I've heard it also taught that Christians met on a different day to seperate them form the Jew.  BUt, here comes the problem, neither here nor there, Sat or Sunday. Simply because some worship on Sun, they are still Christian, still bought and payed for by the blood of the lamb.

We are also told to NOT negelect the gathering of the saints.....so if there is a group of "saints" and we gather together NO matter what day it is, we sing, we pray, we worship.....and we call it church then I am sure that God is pleased. Honestly its what we do on the off days that really show our Christians faith anyway.
    ITs a real shame when someone believes because they have entered a certain building that they have immediate enterance into Heaven.
You're in luck.....the Bible never teaches that any building, attended on the Sabbath, saves anyone. Because the Apostle Paul held Sabbath services by a river, with a group of women, on the Sabbath.

Yep, Paul held services on Sat, and then he went to church again on Sunday. So that only makes him miss Heaven by one day by your understanding. I don't believe that is how Jesus works....but hey I'll be big enough.....you go to church on Sat, and I'll go on Sunday and I'll meet you at the pearly gates for a first day in Heaven picnic.... Grin  

Its the exclusion relegions that I have a real problem with. Its like say well thanks Jesus you tried man, but it just wasn't good enough for most of the world. Its like slapping him in the face. What Jesus done he done for ALL MAN KIND, he DIED was dead, with out life, took all the ugly sin and garbage of this world and pushed it aside so that those who believe can follow him thru........ I'm ready how about you?
Remember that God never made any of the 10 commandments, as a yoke of bondage....but as the Law of Liberty, (James 2:10-12).

I can defiantly agree with you on this one too, neither does he make the Sabbath a yoke of bondage to keep some out of Heaven. Sat worship is not a HAVE too or then it would be the bondage you speak about, (that Jesus sat us free from for those who believe) but worshiping every day would be his preference I am sure. Its the condition of the heart, what we believe..... Do you believe Jesus is the son of God, do you believe that Jesus died for you...... isn't that the real issue here, the most important one.....not Sat or Sunday?  I guess I get alittle heated when someone tells me I won't get to Heaven cause I go to church.......ON SUNDAY, again I believe that Jesus did it all on the Cross, if Sat is so all fired important why didn't Jesus die on Sat? Why don't we have worship service on Thursay, I use to attend a wonderful womens bibles study every Tues morning, we worhsiped, we prayed, we sang songs, studied.....and I aint one bit sorry I did it either Tongue Is God going to send me to hell for that..... NO NO NO.... (said with a high sqeaky voice), ........ok I'm messin with you. Have a good evening.....back to the Books, well maybe I'd better go to bed first....tomorrow is the Christian sabbath..... Grin.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 10:37:49 AM by musicllover » Logged

musicllover
ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2004, 06:31:54 AM »

AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

I just read quite a few posts again in this thread. I was just thinking about how much I love all of you and how much I enjoy our fellowship. There is only ONE test for Salvation - THE LAW OF FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST! I was just thinking how beautiful it is to love someone who you have never seen, and this is possible ONLY because of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. We are like a huge family who love and care for each other. We have our little spats and differences from time to time, much like brothers and sisters in a physical family. However, we are a spiritual family with Jesus Christ as the head of the family. What we have in common is much stronger than the bonds of a physical family, love and faith in Jesus Christ. We have our good days and bad, sickness and health, joy and sorrow, and many of the weaknesses of all mankind. BUT - We have Jesus who walks with us every step of the way. We also have each other for encouragement, prayer, and lifting up in times of trial. In short, all of our treasures are in and through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.

Love In Christ,
Tom
Beautiful words Tom. Thanks and thanks for that big Oklahoma hug. Here is a hug also for you and it  even contains a greeting of Christian love with a Holy kiss.  Smiley

ollie

ollie
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2004, 07:14:06 AM »

S.S.:

The law is not bondage if none are transgressed. Transgression is sin and therein is the bondage. Christ frees all who would come from such. This is the law of liberty.

If one is perfect and does not sin that one is free and under the law of liberty already, however all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, therefore all are yoked in bondage, until they come to Christ. Then freedom from sin through Christ, the law of liberty, the same as the one who would be perfect and free by keeping all the law.

ollie

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the