Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:24:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Faith and Works ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Faith and Works ?  (Read 12138 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2004, 11:38:04 PM »

Law And Grace - Part Two

(2 Timothy 2:15)  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Studying the Holy Bible is something one needs to learn to do for themselves. There will always be many who are willing to spoon-feed those who are hungry for the TRUTH. However, if the receiver refuses to taste from the spoon, forcing the contents would be to no avail.

I'll let the Scriptures speak for themselves, and I'll know by your replies whether you tasted and studied, or not. If you read more than a sentence, you will discover the Commandments of Jesus Christ.

(Matthew 22:35)  Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
(Matthew 22:36)  Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
(Matthew 22:37)  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
(Matthew 22:38)  This is the first and great commandment.
(Matthew 22:39)  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(Matthew 22:40)  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

(Mark 12:28)  And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
(Mark 12:29)  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
(Mark 12:30)  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
(Mark 12:31)  And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
(Mark 12:32)  And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
(Mark 12:33)  And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

(John 13:34)  A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(John 13:35)  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

(John 15:10)  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
(John 15:11)  These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
(John 15:12)  This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

(Romans 7:4)  Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
(Romans 7:5)  For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
(Romans 7:6)  But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
(Romans 7:7)  What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
(Romans 7:Cool  But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
____________________ End Part Two

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2004, 11:40:12 PM »

Law And Grace - Part Three

(Romans 13:Cool  Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
(Romans 13:9)  For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(Romans 13:10)  Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

(Ephesians 2:12)  That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
(Ephesians 2:13)  But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
(Ephesians 2:14)  For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
(Ephesians 2:15)  Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
(Ephesians 2:16)  And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

(Colossians 2:Cool  Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
(Colossians 2:9)  For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
(Colossians 2:10)  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
(Colossians 2:11)  In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
(Colossians 2:12)  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
(Colossians 2:13)  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
(Colossians 2:14)  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

(Colossians 2:15)  And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
(Colossians 2:16)  Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
(Colossians 2:17)  Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

(Colossians 2:18)  Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
(Colossians 2:19)  And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
(Colossians 2:20)  Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
(Colossians 2:21)  (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
(Colossians 2:22)  Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
(Colossians 2:23)  Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

____________________ End Part Three

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2004, 11:42:17 PM »

Law And Grace - Part Four

(1 Timothy 1:5)  Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
(1 Timothy 1:6)  From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
(1 Timothy 1:7)  Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
(1 Timothy 1:Cool  But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
(1 Timothy 1:9)  Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
(1 Timothy 1:10)  For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
(1 Timothy 1:11)  According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

(Titus 1:9)  Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
(Titus 1:10)  For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
(Titus 1:11)  Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
(Titus 1:12)  One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
(Titus 1:13)  This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
(Titus 1:14)  Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

(Hebrews 7:19)  For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
(Hebrews 7:20)  And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
(Hebrews 7:21)  (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:)
(Hebrews 7:22)  By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
(Hebrews 7:23)  And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
(Hebrews 7:24)  But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
(Hebrews 7:25)  Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
(Hebrews 7:26)  For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
(Hebrews 7:27)  Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
(Hebrews 7:28)  For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

(1 John 3:21)  Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
(1 John 3:22)  And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
(1 John 3:23)  And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
(1 John 3:24)  And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

_____________________End Part Four

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2004, 07:38:59 PM »

Law And Grace - Part Five

(John 1:16)  And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
(John 1:17)  For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

(An Entire Chapter Quoted for a BIG REASON: It speaks volumes that deserve serious study. If one studies this chapter and follows the references, cross-references, and contrasts, MUCH CONFUSION WILL BE ELIMINATED.

(Galatians 2:1)  Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.
(Galatians 2:2)  And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
(Galatians 2:3)  But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:
(Galatians 2:4)  And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
(Galatians 2:5)  To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
(Galatians 2:6)  But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
(Galatians 2:7)  But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
(Galatians 2:Cool  (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
(Galatians 2:9)  And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
(Galatians 2:10)  Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.
(Galatians 2:11)  But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
(Galatians 2:12)  For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
(Galatians 2:13)  And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
(Galatians 2:14)  But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
(Galatians 2:15)  We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
(Galatians 2:16)  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
(Galatians 2:17)  But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
(Galatians 2:18)  For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
(Galatians 2:19)  For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
(Galatians 2:20)  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
(Galatians 2:21)  I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
____________________End Part Five

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2004, 07:40:53 PM »

Law And Grace - Part Six

(My Note: Please don't take the last Scripture out of context. If you need help understanding it, please let me know.)

(Romans 3:19)  Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
(Romans 3:20)  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
(Romans 3:21)  But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
(Romans 3:22)  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
(Romans 3:23)  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
(Romans 3:24)  Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
(Romans 3:25)  Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
(Romans 3:26)  To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
(Romans 3:27)  Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
(Romans 3:28)  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
(Romans 3:29)  Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
(Romans 3:30)  Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
(Romans 3:31)  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

(My Note: We are not saved, justified, sanctified or given forgiveness by the law or our good works. All is by and through the BLOOD OF JESUS, our Lord and Saviour.)

(Romans 5:Cool  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(Romans 5:9)  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
(Romans 5:10)  For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
(Romans 5:11)  And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
(Romans 5:12)  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
(Romans 5:13)  (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
(Romans 5:14)  Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
(Romans 5:15)  But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
(Romans 5:16)  And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
(Romans 5:17)  For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
(Romans 5:18)  Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(Romans 5:19)  For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
(Romans 5:20)  Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
(Romans 5:21)  That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

(My Note:  It is NOT our righteousness, rather the righteousness of Jesus Christ. It is NOT our works, rather the finished work of Jesus Christ.)

____________________End Part Six

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2004, 07:42:57 PM »

Law And Grace - Part Seven

(My Note: The following two Scriptures represent a very large and beautiful Bible study. Without the references, cross-references, and contrasts, you simply get a glimpse of the beautiful, precious TRUTH of THE CROSS.)

(Romans 6:14)  For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
(Romans 6:15)  What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

(My Note:  A contrast that speaks volumes.)

(Romans 7:1)  Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
(Romans 7:2)  For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
(Romans 7:3)  So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
(Romans 7:4)  Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

(Romans 8:1)  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(Romans 8:2)  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
(Romans 8:3)  For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
(Romans 8:4)  That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

(Hebrews 10:7)  Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
(Hebrews 10:Cool  Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
(Hebrews 10:9)  Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
(Hebrews 10:10)  By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

____________________End Part Seven

musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2004, 12:45:02 AM »

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6). There are many in the Christian world who claim that all that is necessary to salvation is to have faith; works are nothing, faith is the only essential. But God's Word tells us that faith without works is dead, being alone. Many refuse to obey God's commandments, yet they make a great deal of faith. But faith must have a foundation.  {FW 47.1}
     God's promises are all made upon conditions. If we do His will, if we walk in truth, then we may ask what we will, and it shall be done unto us. While we earnestly endeavor to be obedient, God will hear our petitions; but He will not bless us in disobedience. If we choose to disobey His commandments, we may cry, "Faith, faith, only have faith," and the response will come back from the sure Word of God, "Faith without works is dead" (James 2:20). Such faith will only be as sounding brass and as a tinkling cymbal. In order to have the benefits of God's grace we must do our part; we must faithfully work and bring forth fruits meet for repentance.  {FW 47.2}
     We are workers together with God. You are not to sit in indolence, waiting for some great occasion, in order to do a great work for the Master. You are not to neglect the duty that lies directly in your pathway, but you are to improve the little opportunities that open around you. . . .

At the risk of sounding a little more stupid, Tongue (OH WELL), what is this........FW 41.7, and FW 47.2. stuff ? Cause I thunk I am connfuzed.  
I needed a break from studing science book.....I'm about to go crazy trying to understand how to convert SI units.....gggggggrrrrrr. OK, I know short trip. hi ho hi ho its off to work we go.....hmmmhmmmh m HIIIII HOOOOOO hi ho
musicllover

musicllover
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2004, 02:29:12 AM »

Oklahoma Howdy to MusicLover,

You Said:

At the risk of sounding a little more stupid,  (OH WELL), what is this........FW 41.7, and FW 47.2. stuff ? Cause I thunk I am connfuzed.  
I needed a break from studing science book.....I'm about to go crazy trying to understand how to convert SI units.....gggggggrrrrrr. OK, I know short trip. hi ho hi ho its off to work we go.....hmmmhmmmh m HIIIII HOOOOOO hi ho
musicllover

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. That's EGW, Prophetess Ellen G. White's replacement for the Holy Bible. It is a very large work and is proclaimed to be inspired by God. She died in the 1800s of natural causes. By the way, her prophecy, given by date, did not happen. Regardless, there are some saved people in her flock. The single word you hear the most, over and over again, is Sabbath. However, they really don't know what the Sabbath is, and they don't keep it according to the Law of Moses.

The primary thrust is simple: If you don't go to church on Saturday, you are going to hell. The irony is that very few know what the Sabbath is, and they don't keep the Sabbath. It's really an EGW conglomeration of additions, deletions, and modifications.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2004, 10:36:32 AM »

The primary thrust is simple: If you don't go to church on Saturday, you are going to hell.
The wages of sin is death, (Romans 6:23)
Bronzesnake
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2004, 10:53:02 AM »

The primary thrust is simple: If you don't go to church on Saturday, you are going to hell.

Are you sinless S.S.?

Bronzesnake
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 11:01:05 AM by Bronzesnake » Logged
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2004, 03:14:49 PM »

Silver Surfer,

There is always a big problem with isolating one Scripture. In this case you have isolated a portion of a Scripture.

Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

What is the GIFT OF GOD Silver Surfer and what does the GIFT mean to you?

By the way, what is the SABBATH, the purpose for the SABBATH, and how must the SABBATH be kept?

It's far past time for you to discover the PRECIOUS TRUTH OF THE CROSS.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2004, 05:28:05 PM »

Are you sinless S.S.?

Bronzesnake
If I sin, will that help you ?

If I don't sin, will that help you ?

The answer is no to both questions, because it is a personal relationship between you and God.

I'm merely letting people understand what the requirements are, for getting into heaven.

"The soul that sins, it shall die", (Ezekiel 18:4). That is a promise that God, can never break.
Reba
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2004, 05:53:27 PM »

5:8  Thou shalt not make thee [any] graven image, [or] any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the waters beneath the earth:

I am sure you have no pictures or likeness of anything that is in heaven above or in the earth beneath. That would be a picture of a tree, a child, medow, cloud, flowers, surly you do not read a magizine that has such  law breaking likeness or picture. Or is verse EX 5:8 less of a commandment than 5:12? If you have such likeness how do you justify them?

Silver Surfer will you answer?

Maybe you pick and choose which laws are the real ones, but i did copy the above verse stright from your post. Do you own a camera? If you do what likeness do you allow your self to make? Surly one who keeps the law keeps all the law correct? To do less than keep the whole law would be hypocritical correct? Not answering does not make the question go away.
Reba
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2004, 06:07:00 PM »

Are you sinless S.S.?

Bronzesnake
If I sin, will that help you ?

If I don't sin, will that help you ?

The answer is no to both questions, because it is a personal relationship between you and God.

I'm merely letting people understand what the requirements are, for getting into heaven.

"The soul that sins, it shall die", (Ezekiel 18:4). That is a promise that God, can never break.

If you think for one minute that ANYTHING added to the shed Blood of Jesus the Christ will get anyone to heaven you are not a Christian. Jesus paid the price. Mans rightousness is as filthy rags.
Silver Surfer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2004, 11:02:49 PM »

5:8  Thou shalt not make thee [any] graven image, [or] any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the waters beneath the earth:

I am sure you have no pictures or likeness of anything that is in heaven above or in the earth beneath. That would be a picture of a tree, a child, medow, cloud, flowers, surly you do not read a magizine that has such  law breaking likeness or picture. Or is verse EX 5:8 less of a commandment than 5:12? If you have such likeness how do you justify them?

Silver Surfer will you answer?

Maybe you pick and choose which laws are the real ones, but i did copy the above verse stright from your post. Do you own a camera? If you do what likeness do you allow your self to make? Surly one who keeps the law keeps all the law correct? To do less than keep the whole law would be hypocritical correct? Not answering does not make the question go away.
Nope...don't have a camera.

That's not the commandment of God's, that is going to be the issue, in last events.

The test of loyalty to God is going to be the 7th day Sabbath....or , Sunday.
http://home.earthlink.net/~se7en_7/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the