Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:44:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional  (Read 60117 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2006, 07:04:40 AM »

========================================
             Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
                    Saturday February 25, 2006
        http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml

Morning

Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.--Be gone, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered to him.

Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.--And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove [them].--Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.--Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.--This is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth.

Jas 4:7 Isa 59:19 Mt 4:10,11 Eph 6:10,11 Eph 5:11 2Co 2:11 1Pe 5:8,9 1Jo 5:4 Ro 8:33

/---------------------------------------------------------\
            Be sure to check out our other devotionals
   \---------------------------------------------------------/

Saturday February 25, 2006

Evening

O that I knew where I might find him!

Who [is] among you that feareth the LORD, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh [in] darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the LORD, and rely upon his God.

Ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.--Seek, and ye shall find; knock, and the door shall be opened to you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh the door shall be opened.

Truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.--Now in Christ Jesus ye who once were far off are made near by the blood of Christ.--For through him we both have an access by one Spirit to the Father.

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

Lo, I am with you always.--I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.--The Comforter . . . dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Job 23:3 Isa 50:10 Jer 29:13 Lu 11:9,10 1Joh 1:3 Eph 2:13,18 1Jo 1:6 Mt 28:20 Heb 13:5 Joh 14:16,17

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2006, 06:54:43 AM »

==========================================
                     Sunday February 26, 2006

Morning

Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD.

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. --Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden [part] thou shalt make me to know wisdom.--I thought on my ways, and turned my feet to thy testimonies. I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy commandments.--Let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of [that] bread, and drink of [that] cup.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.--We have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.--Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; and [having] an high priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

La 3:40 Ps 26:2 Ps 51:6 Ps 119:59,60 1Co 11:28 1Jo 1:9 2:1 Heb 10:19-22

Sunday February 26, 2006

Evening

[There was] a rainbow around the throne, in sight like an emerald.

This [is] the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that [is] with you, for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud . . . will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that [is] upon the earth.--An everlasting covenant, ordered in all [things], and sure.--That by two immutable things, in which [it was] impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us.

Wwe declare to you the glad tidings, that the promise which was made to the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same to us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Re 4:3 Ge 9:12,13,16 2Sa 23:5 Heb 6:18 Ac 13:32,33 Heb 13:8

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2006, 06:57:01 AM »

=======================================
                     Monday February 27, 2006

Morning

Reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but hath passed from death to life.--I through the law am dead to the law, that I may live to God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Because I live, ye shall live also.--I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any pluck them out of my hand. My Father, who gave [them to] me, is greater than all; and none is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand. I and [my] Father are one.

If ye then be raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.--For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Ro 6:11 Joh 5:24 Ga 2:19,20 Joh 14:19 10:28-30 Col 3:1,3

Monday February 27, 2006

Evening

God . . . giveth . . . liberally, and upbraideth not.

Woman, where are those thy accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said to her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

The grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded to many. . . . The free gift [is] of many offences to justification.

God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath made us alive together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) and hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: that in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Jas 1:5 Joh 8:10,11 Ro 5:15,16 Eph 2:4-7 Ro 8:32

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2006, 06:58:51 AM »

Tuesday February 28, 2006

Morning

God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God . . . hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, not imputing their trespasses to them; and hath committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.--God is love. In this was revealed the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

Joh 3:16 2Co 5:18-21 1Jo 4:8-11

Tuesday February 28, 2006

Evening

The spirit of man [is] the lamp of the LORD.

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. . . . And they who heard [it], being convicted by [their own] conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, [even] to the last.

Who told thee that thou [wast] naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

To him that knoweth to do good, and doeth [it] not, to him it is sin.--If our heart condemneth us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart doth not condemn us, [then] have we confidence toward God.

All things indeed [are] pure; but [it is] evil for that man who eateth with offence. . . . Happy [is] he that condemneth not himself in what he approveth.

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if [there is any] wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Pr 20:27 Joh 8:7,9 Ge 3:11 Jas 4:17 1Jo 3:20,21 Ro 14:20,22 Ps 139:23,24

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2006, 07:00:41 AM »

=========================================
                      Wednesday March 1, 2006

Morning

The fruit of the Spirit is love.

God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.--The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given to us.--To you . . . who believe [he is] precious.--We love him, because he first loved us.--The love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: and [that] he died for all, that they who live should not henceforth live to themselves, but to him who died for them, and rose again.

Ye yourselves are taught by God to love one another.--This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.-- Above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover a multitude of sins.--Walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Ga 5:22 1Jo 4:16 Ro 5:5 1Pe 2:7 1Jo 4:19 2Co 5:14,15 1Th 4:9 Joh 15:12 1Pe 4:8 Eph 5:2

Wednesday March 1, 2006

Evening

Jehovahnissi: The LORD my banner.

If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us?--The LORD [is] on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee.

The LORD [is] my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD [is] the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?--Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this [will] I [be] confident.

Behold, God himself [is] with us for [our] captain.--The LORD of hosts [is] with us; the God of Jacob [is] our refuge.

These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them.

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? --He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.--Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God [is] with us.

Ex 17:15 Ro 8:31 Ps 118:6 60:4 27:1,3 2Ch 13:12 Ps 46:7 Re 17:14 Ps 2:1,4 Isa 8:10

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2006, 07:42:46 PM »

===========================================
                      Thursday March 2, 2006

Morning

God hath caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction.

Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all consolation; who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them who are in any trouble, by the consolation with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

Now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through various temptations: that the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though tried with fire, might be found to praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.--The Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and [that] all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

Let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls [to him] in well doing, as to a faithful Creator.

Ge 41:52 2Co 1:3-5 1Pe 1:6,7 2Ti 4:17 1Pe 4:19

Thursday March 2, 2006

Evening

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

There the wicked cease [from] troubling; and there the weary be at rest. [There] the prisoners rest together; they hear not the voice of the oppressor.

Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: . . . they . . . rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Our friend Lazarus sleepeth. . . . Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.

We that are in [this] tabernacle do groan, being burdened.-- Ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for [it].

Heb 4:9 Job 3:17,18 Re 14:13 Joh 11:11,13 2Co 5:4 Ro 8:23-25

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2006, 09:30:51 PM »

============================================
                       Friday March 3, 2006

Morning

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Trust in him at all times; [ye] people, pour out your heart before him: God [is] a refuge for us.

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. Be ye not as the horse, [or] as the mule, [which] have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee. Many sorrows [shall be] to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.--Thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This [is] the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

And he said unto him, If thy presence go not [with me], carry us not up hence. For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? [is it] not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that [are] upon the face of the earth.

Pr 3:5,6 Ps 62:8 32:8-10 Isa 30:21 Ex 33:15,16

Friday March 3, 2006

Evening

The prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Thou shalt have treasure in heaven: . . . come [and] follow me.--I [am] . . . thy exceeding great reward.

Well done, [thou] good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.--They shall reign for ever and ever.

Ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.-- The crown of life.--A crown of righteousness.-- An incorruptible [crown].

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me.--So shall we ever be with the Lord.

I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Php 3:14 Mt 19:21 Ge 15:1 Mt 25:21 Re 22:5 1Pe 5:4 Jas 1:12 2Ti 4:8 1Co 9:25 Joh 17:24 1Th 4:17 Ro 8:18

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2006, 09:32:47 PM »

=============================================
                      Saturday March 4, 2006

Morning

Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.--Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

For we walk by faith, not by sight.--We faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal. --To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.

Col 3:2 1Jo 2:15 Mt 6:19-21 2Co 5:7 4:16-18 1Pe 1:4

Saturday March 4, 2006

Evening

[He] bowed his shoulder to bear.

Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.--Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?--Aaron held his peace.--It [is] the LORD: let him do what seemeth him good.

Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee.-- Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows.

Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

Ge 49:15 Jas 5:10 1Co 10:11 Job 2:10 Le 10:3 1Sa 3:18 Ps 55:22 Isa 53:4 Mt 11:28-30

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2006, 04:41:54 PM »

Sunday March 5, 2006

Morning

O LORD, I am oppressed; undertake for me.

Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens. Behold, as the eyes of servants [look] unto the hand of their masters, [and] as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes [wait] upon the LORD our God.--Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock [that] is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, [and] a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings.-- Thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm.

Christ . . . suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed [himself] to him that judgeth righteously.

Isa 38:14 Ps 123:1,2 61:1-4 Isa 25:4 1Pe 2:21-23

Sunday March 5, 2006

Evening

Fight the good fight of faith.

We were troubled on every side; without [were] fightings, within [were] fears.--Fear not: for they that [be] with us [are] more than they that [be] with them.--Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.--God [is] my strength [and] power . . . He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.--Our sufficiency [is] of God.

The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.--Behold, the mountain [was] full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

The time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and [of those] who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

1Ti 6:12 2Co 7:5 2Ki 6:16 Eph 6:10 1Sa 17:45 2Sa 22:33,35 2Co 3:5 Ps 34:7 2Ki 6:17 Heb 11:32-34

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2006, 07:41:55 AM »

Monday March 6, 2006

Morning

He . . . preserveth the way of his saints.

The LORD your God . . . went in the way before you, to search you out a place to pitch your tents [in], in fire by night, to shew you by what way ye should go, and in a cloud by day.--As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings: [so] the LORD alone did lead him, and [there was] no strange god with him.--The steps of a [good] man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth [him with] his hand.--Many [are] the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.--For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.--We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.--With him [is] an arm of flesh; but with us [is] the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles.

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee [is] mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy.

Pr 2:8 De 1:32,33 32:11,12 Ps 37:23,24 34:19 1:6 Ro 8:28 2Ch 32:8 Zep 3:17

Monday March 6, 2006

Evening

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

He [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; . . . and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. . . . For the transgression of my people was he stricken. . . . It pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief.

Jesus our Lord . . . was delivered for our offences.--Christ . . . hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God.--Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

He hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us.

Mt 27:46 Isa 53:5,6,8,10 Ro 4:24,25 1Pe 3:18 2:24 2Co 5:21 Ga 3:13

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2006, 07:43:39 AM »

Tuesday March 7, 2006

Morning

Thy Maker [is] thine husband; the LORD of hosts [is] his name.

This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken . . . but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, . . . for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married. And [as] the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, [so] shall thy God rejoice over thee.--He hath sent me . . . to comfort all that mourn; to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, . . . as a bridegroom decketh [himself] with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth [herself] with her jewels.

I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?

Isa 54:5 Eph 5:32 Isa 62:4,5 61:1-3,10 Ho 2:19 Ro 8:35

Tuesday March 7, 2006

Evening

My times [are] in thy hand.

All his saints [are] in thy hand.--The word of the LORD came unto him, saying, Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that [is] before Jordan. And it shall be, [that] thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.--8. And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which [belongeth] to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.

Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on.--Your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.--Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Ps 31:15 De 33:3 1Ki 17:2-4,8,9 Mt 6:25,32 Pr 3:5,6 1Pe 5:7

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2006, 07:45:43 AM »

Wednesday March 8, 2006

Morning

Thou hast cast all my sins behind thy back.

Who [is] a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth [in] mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer. I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Blessed [is he whose] transgression [is] forgiven, [whose] sin [is] covered. Blessed [is] the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit [there is] no guile. The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Isa 38:17 Mic 7:18,19 Isa 54:7,8 Jer 31:34 Ps 32:1,2 1Jo 1:7

Wednesday March 8, 2006

Evening

I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able.

Able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.

Able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all [things], may abound to every good work.

Able to succour them that are tempted.

Able . . . to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.

Able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Believe ye that I am able to do this? . . . According to your faith be it unto you.

2Ti 1:12 Eph 3:20 2Co 9:8 Heb 2:18 7:25 Jude 1:24 2Ti 1:12 Php 3:21 Mt 9:28,29

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2006, 07:47:27 AM »

Thursday March 9, 2006

Morning

The living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy.

Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day: lest [when] thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt [therein]; . . . then thine heart be lifted up, and thou forget the LORD thy God, . . . for [it is] he that giveth thee power to get wealth.

Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh [but] in vain. [It is] vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: [for] so he giveth his beloved sleep.--They got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.--[There be] many that say, Who will shew us [any] good? LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.

1Ti 6:17 De 8:11,12,14,18 Ps 127:1,2 44:3 4:6

Thursday March 9, 2006

Evening

They sung as it were a new song.

A new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us.--Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour.--By grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.

Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory.--Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.--Thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation.--I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, . . . cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Re 14:3 Heb 10:20 Tit 3:5,6 Eph 2:8,9 Ps 115:1  Re 1:5,6 5:9 7:9,10

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2006, 06:53:15 AM »

Friday March 10, 2006

Morning

Jehovahjireh: The Lord will provide.

God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering.

Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear.--There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

Happy [is he] that [hath] the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope [is] in the LORD his God.--Behold, the eye of the LORD [is] upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.

My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.--He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.--The LORD [is] my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Ge 22:14,8 Isa 59:1 Ro 11:26 Ps 146:5 33:18,19 Php 4:19 Heb 13:5,6 Ps 28:7

Friday March 10, 2006

Evening

He feedeth among the lilies.

Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.--If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.--I am come into my garden, my sister, [my] spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey.--The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.

Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.--Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.--Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

So 2:16 Mt 18:20 Joh 14:23 15:10 So 4:16 5:1 Ga 5:22,23 Joh 15:8,2 Php 1:11

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2006, 12:44:16 AM »

Saturday March 11, 2006

Morning

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee.

The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.--Thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as [with] a shield.

He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD [is] thy keeper: the LORD [is] thy shade upon thy right hand.--The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.--I the LORD do keep it; I will water it every moment: lest [any] hurt it, I will keep it night and day.

Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we [are]. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept.

The Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve [me] unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Nu 6:24 Pr 10:22 Ps 5:12 121:3-5,7,8 Isa 27:3 Joh 17:11,12 2Ti 4:18

Saturday March 11, 2006

Evening

Jesus wept.

A man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief.--We have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities.--It became him, for whom [are] all things, and by whom [are] all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.-- Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered.

I was not rebellious, neither turned away back. I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

Behold how he loved him!--He took not on [him the nature of] angels; but he took on [him] the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto [his] brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Joh 11:35 Isa 53:3 He 4:15 2:10 5:8 Isa 50:5,6 Joh 11:36 Heb 2:16,17

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the