Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:08:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional  (Read 60270 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 11:04:05 AM »

============================================
             Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
                    Wednesday January 25, 2006
        http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml

Morning

The righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ to all and upon all them that believe.

He hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.--Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us.--Who from God is made to us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.--Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour.

I count all things [to be] loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them [to be] dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith.

Ro 3:22 2Co 5:21 Ga 3:13 1Co 1:30 Tit 3:5,6 Php 3:8,9

/---------------------------------------------------------\
            Be sure to check out our other devotionals
   \---------------------------------------------------------/

Wednesday January 25, 2006

Evening

The Spirit of adoption, by which we cry, Abba, Father.

Jesus . . . lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father.--Holy Father. . . . O righteous Father.--He said, Abba, Father.--Because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.--For through him we both have an access by one Spirit to the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and sojourners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Doubtless thou [art] our father, . . . thou, O LORD, [art] our father, our redeemer; thy name [is] from everlasting.

I will arise and go to my father, and will say to him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, and am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father.

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children.

Ro 8:15 Joh 17:1,11,25 Mr 14:36 Ga 4:6 Eph 2:18,19 Isa 63:16 Lu 15:18-20 Eph 5:1

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 09:57:44 AM »

Thursday January 26, 2006

Morning

Let us go forth therefore to him outside the camp, bearing his reproach. For here we have no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you: but rejoice, seeing ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.--As ye are partakers of the sufferings, so [shall ye be] also of the consolation.

If ye are reproached for the name of Christ, happy [are ye]; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

They departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.-- Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures of Egypt: for he had respect to the recompence of the reward.

Heb 13:13,14 1Pe 4:12,13 2Co 1:7 1Pe 4:14 Ac 5:41 Heb 11:25,26

Thursday January 26, 2006

Evening

The Lord Jesus Christ . . . shall change our lowly body, that it may be fashioned like his glorious body.

Upon the likeness of the throne [was] the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it. And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire around within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness on all sides. As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so [was] the appearance of the brightness around. This [was] the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD.

We all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.--It doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more.--They sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb.

Php 3:20,21 Eze 1:26-28 2Co 3:18 1Jo 3:2 Re 7:16 15:3

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 01:09:57 PM »

Friday January 27, 2006

Morning

Ye know that he was revealed to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

God, . . . hath in these last days spoken to us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself made purification of our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.-- He hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Pass the time of your sojourning [here] in fear: forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain manner of life [received] by tradition from your fathers; but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for you.--The love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: and [that] he died for all, that they who live should not henceforth live to themselves, but to him who died for them, and rose again.

1Jo 3:5 Heb 1:1-3 2Co 5:21 1Pe 1:17-20 2Co 5:14,15

Friday January 27, 2006

Evening

I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life.

For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn [ye], and live.

If I had not come and spoken to them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

That servant, who knew his lord's will, and prepared not [himself], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [stripes].

The wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.--He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.--Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants in obedience, his servants ye are whom ye obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness?

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will [my] Father honour.

De 30:19 Eze 18:32 Joh 15:22 Lu 12:47 Ro 6:23 Joh 3:36 Ro 6:16 Joh 12:26

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2006, 10:55:22 PM »

=========================================
                     Saturday January 28, 2006

Morning

As thy days, [so shall] thy strength [be].

When they shall lead [you], and deliver you up, be not anxious beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Spirit.--Be not anxious for to morrow: for to morrow will be anxious for the things of itself. Sufficient to the day [is] its own evil.

The God of Israel [is] he that giveth strength and power to [his] people. Blessed [be] God.--He giveth power to the faint; and to [them that have] no might he increaseth strength.

My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.--I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.--O my soul, thou hast trodden down strength.

De 33:25 Mr 13:11 Mt 6:34 Ps 68:35 Isa 40:29 2Co 12:9,10 Php 4:13 Jdg 5:21

Saturday January 28, 2006

Evening

Awake, O north wind; and . . . blow upon my garden, [that] its spices may flow out.

No chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness to them who are exercised by it.--The fruit of the Spirit.

He stayeth his rough wind in the day of the east wind.

Like as a father pitieth [his] children, [so] the LORD pitieth them that fear him.

Though our outward man is wasted, yet the inward [man] is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh out for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory; while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen.

Though [Jesus] was a Son, yet he learned obedience by the things which he suffered.--In all points tempted as [we are, yet] without sin.

So 4:16 Heb 12:11 Ga 5:22 Isa 27:8 Ps 103:13 2Co 4:16-18 Heb 5:8 4:15

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2006, 07:56:33 AM »

===========================================
                      Sunday January 29, 2006

Morning

Thou God seest me.

O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known [me]. Thou knowest my down sitting and my up rising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou comprehend my path and my lying down, and art acquainted [with] all my ways. For [there is] not a word on my tongue, [but], lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. . . . [Such] knowledge [is] too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot [attain] to it.

The eyes of the LORD [are] in every place, beholding the evil and the good.--The ways of man [are] before the eyes of the LORD, and he pondereth all his goings.--God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.--For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of [them] whose heart [is] perfect toward him.

Jesus . . . knew all [men], and needed not that any should testify concerning man: for he knew what was in man.--Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee.

Ge 16:13 Ps 139:1-4,6 Pr 15:3 Pr 5:21 Lu 16:15 2Ch 16:9 Joh 2:24,25 21:17

Sunday January 29, 2006

Evening

I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.

Whoever offereth praise glorifieth me.--[It is a] good [thing] to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to thy name, O Most High: To show forth thy loving kindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night.

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD.

I beseech you, . . . brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, [which is] your reasonable service.--Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.--By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name.--Giving thanks always for all things to God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Ps 86:12 50:23 92:1,2 150:6 Ro 12:1 Heb 13:12,15 Eph 5:20 Re 5:12

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 10:12:18 PM »

Monday January 30, 2006

Morning

Let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith.

If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.--Whoever he is of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.-- Let us therefore cast off the works of darkness.

Every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they [do it] to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so I fight, not as one that beateth the air: but I keep under my body, and bring [it] into subjection: lest by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.-- Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forward to those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Then shall we know, [if] we follow on to know the LORD.

Heb 12:1,2 Lu 9:23 14:33 Ro 13:12 1Co 9:25-27 Php 3:13,14 Ho 6:3

Monday January 30, 2006

Evening

[It is] good for a man that he should bear the yoke in his youth.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

We have had fathers of our flesh who corrected [us], and we gave [them] reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection to the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened [us] after their own pleasure; but he for [our] profit, that [we] might be partakers of his holiness.

Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. . . . [It is] good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. --Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.

La 3:27 Pr 22:6 Heb 12:9,10 Ps 119:67,71 Jer 29:11 1Pe 5:6

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 06:56:54 AM »

=============================================
                     Tuesday January 31, 2006

Morning

If ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; . . . those which ye let remain of them [shall be] pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall trouble you in the land in which ye dwell.

Fight the good fight of faith.--The weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; casting down imaginations, . . . and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

Brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if ye live according to the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

The flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.--I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.--We are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Nu 33:55 1Ti 6:12 2Co 10:4,5 Ro 8:12,13 Ga 5:17 Ro 7:23 8:37

Tuesday January 31, 2006

Evening

If a man shall sin against the LORD, who shall plead for him?

If any man sinneth, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.--Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; to declare, [I say], at this time his righteousness: that he may be just, and the justifier of him who believeth in Jesus.

He is gracious to him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom.

What shall we then say to these things? If God [is] for us, who [can be] against us? . . . Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth. Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, or rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

1Sa 2:25 1Jo 2:1,2 Ro 3:25,26 Job 33:24 Ro 8:31,33,34

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 06:59:11 AM »

Wednesday February 1, 2006

Morning

Whom having not seen, ye love.

We walk by faith, not by sight.--We love him, because he first loved us.--We have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.--In whom ye also [trusted], after ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.--God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

If a man saith, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Jesus saith to him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.--Blessed [are] all they that put their trust in him.

1Pe 1:8 2Co 5:7 1Jo 4:19,16 Eph 1:13 Col 1:27 1Jo 4:20 Joh 20:29 Ps 2:12

Wednesday February 1, 2006

Evening

THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

We are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags.

I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, [even] of thine only.--I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh [himself] with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth [herself] with her jewels.

Bring forth the best robe, and put [it] on him.--To her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

I count all things [to be] loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord . . . that I may win Christ, and be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith.

Jer 23:6 Isa 64:6 Ps 71:16 Isa 61:10 Lu 15:22 Re 19:8 Php 3:8,9

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2006, 08:18:31 AM »

========================================
                     Thursday February 2, 2006

Morning

Oh that thou wouldest keep [me] from evil.

Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.-- The spirit indeed [is] willing, but the flesh [is] weak.

Two [things] have I required of thee; deny [them] not to me before I die: remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: lest I be full, and deny [thee], and say, Who [is] the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God [in vain].

The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.--I will deliver thee from the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem thee from the hand of the terrible.--He that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.--The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations.

1Ch 4:10 Lu 22:46 Mt 26:41 Pr 30:7-9 Ps 121:7 Jer 15:21 1Jo 5:18 Re 3:10 2Pe 2:9

Thursday February 2, 2006

Evening

[One] star differeth from [another] star in glory.

By the way they had disputed among themselves, who [should be] the greatest. And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith to them, If any man desireth to be first, [the same] shall be last of all, and servant of all.--Be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who . . . made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.--Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow.

They that are wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

1Co 15:41 Mr 9:34,35 1Pe 5:5,6 Php 2:5-7,9,10 Da 12:3

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006, 08:20:27 AM »

=======================================
                      Friday February 3, 2006

Morning

Be strong, . . . and work: for I [am] with you, saith the LORD of hosts.

I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.--I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.--Strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.--The joy of the LORD is your strength.

Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Let your hands be strong, ye that hear in these days these words by the mouth of the prophets.--Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees. Say to them [that are] of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not.--Go in this thy might.

If God [is] for us, who [can be] against us?--Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not.

Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.--Thanks [be] to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hag 2:4 Joh 15:5 Php 4:13 Eph 6:10 Ne 8:10 Zec 8:9 Isa 35:3,4 Jdg 6:14 Ro 8:31 2Co 4:1 Ga 6:9 1Co 15:57

Friday February 3, 2006

Evening

The darkness hideth not from thee.

His eyes [are] upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings. [There is] no darkness, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves.--Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? . . . Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; [nor] for the pestilence [that] walketh in darkness. . . . Because thou hast made the LORD, [who is] my refuge, [even] the Most High, thy habitation; there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come near thy dwelling.--He that keepeth thee will not slumber.--The LORD [is] thy keeper: the LORD [is] thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me.

Ps 139:12 Job 34:21,22 Jer 23:24 Ps 91:5,6,9,10 121:3,5-7 Ps 23:4

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2006, 08:22:39 AM »

Saturday February 4, 2006

Morning

Ye shall henceforth return no more that way.

Truly, if they had been mindful of that [country] from which they came, they might have had opportunity to return. But now they desire a better [country], that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.--Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures of Egypt.--The just shall live by faith: but if [any man] shall draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back to perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.--No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

May it never be that I should glory, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified to me, and I to the world.--Come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you.

He who hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:

De 17:16 Heb 11:15,16,25,26 10:38,39 Lu 9:62 Ga 6:14 2Co 6:17 Php 1:6

Saturday February 4, 2006

Evening

They talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.

I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye who are spiritual, restore such one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

He who converteth a sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.-- Encourage the fainthearted, support the weak, be patient toward all [men].

Let us not . . . judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way.--We . . . that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

Charity . . . rejoiceth not in iniquity. Let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Ps 69:26 Zec 1:15 Ga 6:1 Jas 5:20 1Th 5:14 Ro 14:13 15:1 1Co 13:4,6 10:12

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2006, 12:07:32 AM »

Sunday February 5, 2006

Morning

I am come that they may have life, and that they may have [it] more abundantly.

In the day that thou eatest of it thou shalt surely die.--She took of its fruit, and ate, and gave also to her husband with her; and he ate.

The wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.--If by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.--Since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.--Our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.--For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him may be saved.

Joh 10:10 Ge 2:17 3:6 Ro 6:23 5:17 1Co 15:21,22 2Ti 1:10 1Jo 5:11,12 Joh 3:17

Sunday February 5, 2006

Evening

The judgment seat.

We are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth.-- When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: and before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats.

Then shall the righteous shine as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.--Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? [It is] God that justifieth. Who [is] he that condemneth? [It is] Christ that died, or rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.--[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus.

We are chastened by the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

2Co 5:10 Ro 2:2 Mt 25:31,32 13:43 Ro 8:33,34 8:1 1Co 11:32

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2006, 10:09:02 PM »

===============================================
                      Monday February 6, 2006

Morning

The grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

Ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.--Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.

That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not by works, lest any man should boast.--Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we may be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.--According to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour.

1Ti 1:14 2Co 8:9 Ro 5:20 Eph 2:7,9 Ga 2:16 Tit 3:5,6

Monday February 6, 2006

Evening

I am . . . the bright and morning star.

There shall come a Star out of Jacob.

The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.--Until the day shall break, and the shadows flee away, turn, my beloved, and be thou like a roe or a young hart upon the mountains of Bether.

Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night? The watchman said, The morning cometh, and also the night: if ye will enquire, enquire ye: return, come.

I am the light of the world.--I will give him the morning star.

Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. [For the Son of man is] as a man taking a long journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch. Watch ye therefore. . . . Lest coming suddenly he should find you sleeping. And what I say to you I say to all, Watch.

Re 22:16 Nu 24:17 Ro 13:12 So 2:17 Isa 21:11,12 Joh 8:12 Re 2:28 Mr 13:33-37

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2006, 01:52:26 AM »

Tuesday February 7, 2006

Morning

When thou hast eaten and art full, . . . thou shalt bless the LORD thy God for the good land which he hath given thee.

Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God.--One of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on [his] face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where [are] the nine? There are not found returning to give glory to God, except this stranger.

For every creature of God [is] good, and nothing to be refused, if received with thanksgiving: for it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.--He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks.--The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, [bless] his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, . . . who forgiveth all thy iniquities; . . . who crowneth thee with loving kindness and tender mercies.

De 8:10,11 Lu 17:15-18 1Ti 4:4,5 Ro 14:6 Pr 10:22 Ps 103:1-4

Tuesday February 7, 2006

Evening

Jesus . . . was moved with compassion toward them.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.-- We have not an high priest who cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but who was in all points tempted as [we are, yet] without sin.--Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is beset with infirmity.--He cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith to Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour? Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly [is] ready, but the flesh [is] weak.

Like as a father pitieth [his] children, [so] the LORD pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we [are] dust.

Thou, O Lord, [art] a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and abundant in mercy and truth. O turn to me, and have mercy upon me; give thy strength to thy servant, and save the son of thy handmaid.

Mt 14:14 Heb 13:8 4:15 5:2 Mr 14:37,38 Ps 103:13,14 86:15,16

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2006, 04:21:45 PM »

======================================
                     Thursday February 9, 2006

Morning

Now he is comforted.

Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thy everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.--He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he remove from all the earth.--These are they who came out of the great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them to living fountains of waters.--God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things hav!
e passed away.

Lu 16:25 Isa 60:20 25:8 Re 7:14-17 21:4

Thursday February 9, 2006

Evening

The night cometh, when no man can work.

Blessed [are] the dead who die in the Lord from henceforth: Verily, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works follow them.--There the wicked cease [from] troubling; and there the weary are at rest.--Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up?

Whatever thy hand findeth to do, do [it] with thy might; for [there is] no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, where thou goest.--The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished [my] course, I have kept the faith: henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day.

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that hath entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his.

Joh 9:4 Re 14:13 Job 3:17 1Sa 28:15 Ec 9:10 Ps 115:17 2Ti 4:6-8 Heb 4:9,10

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the