Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:17:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional  (Read 60322 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2006, 09:59:35 PM »

============================================
             Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
                     Tuesday January 10, 2006
        http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml

Morning

[I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.--That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.--Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.

The peace of God . . . passeth all understanding.--Let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also ye are called in one body.

Our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, who hath loved us, and hath given [us] everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts, and establish you in every good word and work.--Who shall also confirm you to the end, [that ye may be] blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 5:23 Eph 5:25,27 Col 1:28 Php 4:7 Col 3:15 2Th 2:16,17 1Co 1:8

/---------------------------------------------------------\
            Be sure to check out our other devotionals
   \---------------------------------------------------------/

Tuesday January 10, 2006

Evening

Will God indeed dwell with men on the earth?

Let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.-- I will meet with the children of Israel, and [the tabernacle] shall be sanctified by my glory. . . . And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, [for] the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell [among them].

Ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.--Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit [which is] in you.--Ye . . . are built together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The nations shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for ever.

2Ch 6:18 Ex 25:8 29:43,45 Ps 68:18 2Co 6:16 1Co 6:19 Eph 2:22 Eze 37:28

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 11:39:36 AM »

===========================================
                    Wednesday January 11, 2006

Morning

Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Zion.

To us [there is but] one God, the Father, from whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.--All [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father who hath sent him.--By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name.--Whoever offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth [his] conduct [aright] will I show the salvation of God.

I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and languages, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God who sitteth upon the throne, and to the Lamb.--Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, [be] to our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Ps 65:1 1Co 8:6 Joh 5:23 Heb 13:15 Ps 50:23 Re 7:9,10,12

Wednesday January 11, 2006

Evening

Who redeemeth thy life from destruction.

Their Redeemer [is] strong; the LORD of hosts [is] his name. --I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction.

Since then the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.--When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired by all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Ps 103:4 Jer 50:34 Ho 13:14 Heb 2:14,15 Joh 3:36 Col 3:3,4 2Th 1:10

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 08:03:50 AM »

==============================================
                     Thursday January 12, 2006

Morning

God the only wise, our Saviour.

Christ Jesus, who from God is made to us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.--Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty to perfection? [It is] as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?

We speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world to our glory.--The mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: to the intent that now to the principalities and powers in heavenly [places] might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

If any of you lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given to him.--The wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, [and] easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Jude 1:25 1Co 1:30 Job 11:7,8 1Co 2:7 Eph 3:9,10 Jas 1:5 3:17

Thursday January 12, 2006

Evening

When shall I arise, and the night be gone?

Watchman, what of the night? The watchman said, The morning cometh.

Yet a little while, and he that is coming will come, and will not tarry.--[He shall be] as the light of the morning, [when] the sun riseth, [even] a morning without clouds.

I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.--Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Ye have heard that I said to you, I go away, and come [again] to you.

Let all thy enemies perish, O LORD: but [let] them that love him [be] as the sun when he goeth forth in his might.--Ye are all children of light, and children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

There shall be no night there.

Job 7:4 Isa 21:11,12 Heb 10:37 2Sa 23:4 Joh 14:2,3,27,28 Jdg 5:31 1Th 5:5 Re 21:25

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 05:39:05 AM »

=============================================
                      Friday January 13, 2006

Morning

Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee].

Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never allow the righteous to be moved.--I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation.

Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?--Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.--In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.

The righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.--Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world giveth, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.--Peace, from him who is, and who was, and who is to come.

Isa 26:3 Ps 55:22 Isa 12:2 Mt 8:26 Php 4:6,7 Isa 30:15 32:17 Joh 14:27 Re 1:4

Friday January 13, 2006

Evening

Let not the sun go down upon your wrath.

If thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. . . . Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith to him, I say not to thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.--When ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have any thing against any: that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, tender mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man hath a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.--Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

The apostles said to the Lord, Increase our faith.

Eph 4:26 Mt 18:15,21,22 Mr 11:25 Col 3:12,13 Eph 4:32 Lu 17:5

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 01:39:43 PM »

Saturday January 14, 2006

Morning

My Father is greater than I.

When ye pray, say, Our Father who art in heaven.-- My Father, and your Father; . . . my God, and your God.

As the Father gave me commandment, even so I do.--The words that I speak to you I speak not from myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.--Thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith to him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou [then], Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?--I and [my] Father are one.--As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Joh 14:28 Lu 11:2 Joh 20:17 14:31 14:10 3:35 17:2 14:8-10 Joh 10:30 15:9,10

Saturday January 14, 2006

Evening

[The woman's seed] shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

His visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men.--He [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement for our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

This is your hour, and the power of darkness.--Thou couldest have no power against me, except it were given thee from above.

The Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil.--He . . . cast out many demons; and permitted not the demons to speak, because they knew him.

All authority is given to me in heaven and upon earth.--In my name shall they cast out demons.

The God of peace shall soon bruise Satan under your feet.

Ge 3:15 Isa 52:14 53:5 Lu 22:53 Joh 19:11 1Jo 3:8 Mr 1:34 Mt 28:18 Mr 16:17 Ro 16:20

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 12:48:39 PM »

Sunday January 15, 2006

Morning

My soul cleaveth to the dust: revive thou me according to thy word.

If ye then be raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For . . . your life is hid with Christ in God.--Our citizenship is in heaven; from which also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: who shall change our lowly body, that it may be fashioned like his glorious body, according to the working by which he is able even to subdue all things to himself.

The flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.--Brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if ye live according to the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. --Dearly beloved, I beseech [you] as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul.

Ps 119:25 Col 3:1-3 Php 3:20,21 Ga 5:17 Ro 8:12,13 1Pe 2:11

Sunday January 15, 2006

Evening

The measure of faith.

Him that is weak in the faith.--Strong in faith, giving glory to God.

O thou of little faith, why didst thou doubt? Great [is] thy faith: be it to thee even as thou wilt.

Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said to him, Yea, Lord. . . . According to your faith be it to you.

Lord, Increase our faith.--Building up yourselves on your most holy faith.--Rooted and built up in him, and established in the faith.--He who establisheth us with you in Christ, . . . [is] God.--The God of all grace . . . after ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle [you].

We . . . that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.--Let us not . . . judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way.

Ro 12:3 14:1 4:20 Mt 14:31 15:28 9:28,29 Lu 17:5 Jude 1:20 Col 2:7 2Co 1:21 1Pe 5:10 Ro 15:1 14:13

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 04:22:11 AM »

Monday January 16, 2006

Morning

It pleased [the Father] that in him should all fulness dwell.

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.--God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] on earth, and [things] under the earth; and [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.--Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come.--By him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are upon earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.

Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and the living.--And ye are complete in him, who is the head of all principality and power.--Of his fulness have we all received, and grace for grace.

Col 1:19 Joh 3:35 Php 2:9-11 Eph 1:21 Col 1:16 Ro 14:9 Col 2:10 Joh 1:16

Monday January 16, 2006

Evening

Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be after this.

Holy men of God spoke [as they were] moved by the Holy Spirit.--That which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them [his] hands and [his] feet.--He that saw [it] testified, and his testimony is true: and he knoweth that he speaketh truth, that ye may believe.

We have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.--That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Re 1:19 2Pe 1:21 1Jo 1:3 Lu 24:39,40 Joh 19:35 2Pe 1:16 1Co 2:5

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 04:24:43 AM »

Tuesday January 17, 2006

Morning

Thou hast in love to my soul [delivered it] from the pit of corruption.

God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

Who [is] a God like thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth [in] mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.--O LORD my God, I cried to thee, and thou hast healed me. O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.--When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came to thee, into thy holy temple.--I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined to me, and heard my cry. He brought me up . . . out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock.

Isa 38:17 1Jo 4:9,10 Mic 7:18,19 Ps 30:2,3 Jon 2:7 Ps 40:1,2

Tuesday January 17, 2006

Evening

The things which are.

Now we see in a mirror, darkly.--Now we see not yet all things subjected to him.

We have . . . a more sure word of prophecy; to which ye do well that ye take heed, as to a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts.--Thy word [is] a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path.

Beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; that they told you there would be mockers in the last time, who would walk after their own ungodly lusts.--The Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of demons.

Little children, it is the last time.--The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Re 1:19 1Co 13:12 Heb 2:8 2Pe 1:19 Ps 119:105 Jude 1:17,18 1Ti 4:1 1Jo 2:18 Ro 13:12

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 01:09:21 PM »

Wednesday January 18, 2006

Morning

Him that was to come.

Jesus . . . made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, . . . that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.--One died for all.--As by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a living spirit.--That [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.--God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. . . . So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him.--God hath in these last days spoken to us by [his] Son, the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person.--Thou hast given him power over all flesh.

The first man [is] from the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven. As [is] the earthy, such [are] they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly, such [are] they also that are heavenly.

Ro 5:14 Heb 2:9 2Co 5:14 Ro 5:19 1Co 15:45,46 Ge 1:26,27 Heb 1:1-3 Joh 17:2 1Co 15:47,48

Wednesday January 18, 2006

Evening

The things which shall be after this.

It is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed [them] to us by his Spirit.--The Spirit of truth . . . will show you things to come.

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] who pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them who are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also who sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. . . . For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we who are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Re 1:19 1Co 2:9,10 Joh 16:13 Re 1:7 1Th 4:13,14,16,17

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 06:15:09 AM »

Thursday January 19, 2006

Morning

Serving the Lord with all humility of mind.

Whoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; and whoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: even as the Son of man came not to be ministered to, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

If a man thinketh himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.--I say, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.--When ye shall have done all the things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which it was our duty to do.

Our rejoicing is this, . . . that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have behaved ourselves in the world We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God, and not from us.

Ac 20:19 Mt 20:26-28 Ga 6:3 Ro 12:3 Lu 17:10 2Co 1:12 2Co 4:7

Thursday January 19, 2006

Evening

We have turned every one to his own way.

Noah . . . planted a vineyard: and he drank of the wine, and was drunk.--[Abram] said to Sarai his wife, . . . Say, I pray thee, thou [art] my sister: that it may be well with me for thy sake.--Isaac said to Jacob, . . . [Art] thou my very son Esau? And he said, I [am].--Moses . . . spoke unadvisedly with his lips.--The men took of their provisions, and asked not [counsel] at the mouth of the LORD. And Joshua made peace with them.-- David did [that which was] right in the eyes of the LORD, and turned not aside from any [thing] that he commanded him all the days of his life, except only in the matter of Uriah the Hittite.

These all . . . obtained a good report through faith.-- Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Jesus Christ.--The LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Not for your sakes do I [this], saith the Lord GOD, be it known to you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways.

Isa 53:6 Ge 9:20,21 12:11,13 27:21,24 Ps 106:32,33 Jos 9:14,15 1Ki 15:5 Heb 11:39 Ro 3:24 Isa 53:6 Eze 36:32

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 06:06:21 AM »

Friday January 20, 2006

Morning

His name shall be called Wonderful.

The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.--Thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

They shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.--JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.--That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. God . . . hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name.--Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: and put all [things] under his feet.-- He had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself . . . KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

[As for] the Almighty, we cannot find him out.--What [is] his name, and what [is] his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Isa 9:6 Joh 1:14 Ps 138:2 Mt 1:23,21 Joh 5:23 Php 2:9 Eph 1:21,22 Re 19:12,16 Job 37:23 Pr 30:4

Friday January 20, 2006

Evening

For the LORD'S portion [is] his people.

And ye are Christ's; and Christ [is] God's.--I [am] my beloved's, and his desire [is] toward me.--I [am] his. The Son of God . . . loved me, and gave himself for me.

Ye are not your own. . . . Ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.--The LORD hath taken you, and brought you out of the iron furnace, [even] from Egypt, to be to him a people of inheritance, as [ye are] this day.

Ye are God's field, [ye are] God's building.--Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end.--A spiritual house, an holy priesthood.

They shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels.--All mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.--The glory of his inheritance in the saints.

De 32:9 1Co 3:23 So 7:10 2:16 Ga 2:20 1Co 6:19,20 De 4:20 1Co 3:9 Heb 3:6 1Pe 2:5 Mal 3:17 Joh 17:10 Eph 1:18

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 06:46:48 AM »

Saturday January 21, 2006

Morning

Every [branch] that beareth fruit, he trimmeth it.

He [is] like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap: and he shall sit [as] a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer to the LORD an offering in righteousness.

We glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given to us.--If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye are without chastisement, of which all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness to them who are exercised by it. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees.

Joh 15:2 Mal 3:2,3 Ro 5:3-5 Heb 12:7,8,11,12

Saturday January 21, 2006

Evening

Now we call the proud happy.

Thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name [is] Holy; I dwell in the high and holy [place], with him also [that is] of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Better [it is to be] of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.--Blessed [are] the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination to him: a proud look, etc.--Every one [that is] proud in heart [is] an abomination to the LORD.

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if [there is any] wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Grace [be] to you, and peace, from God our Father, and [from] the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.--Blessed [are] the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Mal 3:15 Isa 57:15 Pr 16:19 Mt 5:3 Pr 6:16,17 16:5  Ps 139:23,24 Php 1:2,3 Mt 5:5

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 03:49:28 PM »

Sunday January 22, 2006

Morning

This God [is] our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide [even] to death.

O LORD, thou [art] my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful [things; thy] counsels of old [are] faithfulness [and] truth.--The LORD [is] the portion of my inheritance and of my cup.

He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.--Thou hast held [me] by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me [to] glory. Whom have I in heaven [but thee]? and [there is] none upon earth [that] I desire besides thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: [but] God [is] the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.--Our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.--The LORD will perfect [that which] concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, [endureth] for ever: forsake not the works of thy own hands.

Ps 48:14 Isa 25:1 Ps 16:5 23:3,4 73:23-26 33:21 138:8

Sunday January 22, 2006

Evening

In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

When my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock [that] is higher than I.

O LORD, I am oppressed; undertake for me.--Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee.

I [am but] a little child: I know not [how] to go out or come in.--If any of you lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God, . . . and it shall be given to him.

Who [is] sufficient for these things?--I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing.--My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

Son, be of good cheer; thy sins are forgiven thee.--Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee well.

My soul shall be satisfied as [with] marrow and fatness; . . . when I remember thee upon my bed, [and] meditate on thee in the [night] watches.

Ps 94:19 61:2 Isa 38:14 Ps 55:22 1Ki 3:7 Jas 1:5 2Co 2:16 Ro 7:18 2Co 12:9 Mt 9:2,22 Ps 63:5,6

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 04:47:06 PM »

Monday January 23, 2006

Morning

Hope maketh not ashamed.

I [am] the LORD: . . . they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.--Blessed [is] the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.--Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD GOD [is] everlasting strength.--My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation [is] from him. He only [is] my rock and my salvation: [he is] my defence; I shall not be moved.-- I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed.

God, willing more abundantly to show to the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed [it] by an oath: that by two immutable things, in which [it was] impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: which [hope] we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which entereth into that within the veil where the forerunner hath for us entered, [even] Jesus.

Ro 5:5 Isa 49:23 Jer 17:7 Isa 26:3,4 Ps 62:5,6 2Ti 1:12 Heb 6:17-20

Monday January 23, 2006

Evening

The offence of the cross ceased.

If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.--We must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Whoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.--To you therefore who believe [he is] precious: but to them who are disobedient, the stone which the builders rejected, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence.

May it never be that I should glory, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified to me, and I to the world.--I am crucified with Christ.--They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

If we suffer, we shall also reign with [him]: if we deny [him], he also will deny us.

Ga 5:11 Mt 16:24 Jas 4:4 Ac 14:22 Ro 9:33 1Pe 2:7,8 Ga 6:14 2:20 5:24 2Ti 2:12

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 04:59:31 AM »

Tuesday January 24, 2006

Morning

The Lord [is] at hand.

The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we who are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.--He who testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found by him in peace, without spot, and blameless.--Abstain from all appearance of evil. And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful [is] he that calleth you, who also will do [it].

Be ye also patient; establish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth near.

Php 4:5 1Th 4:16-18 Re 22:20 2Pe 3:14 1Th 5:22-24 Jas 5:8

Tuesday January 24, 2006

Evening

The choice vine.

My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill: and he dug it, and removed its stones, and planted it with the choicest vine, . . . and he expected that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.--Yet I had planted thee a noble vine, wholly a right seed: how then art thou turned into the degenerate plant of a strange vine to me?

Now the works of the flesh are revealed, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: . . . but the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, self-control.

I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he trimmeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Abide in me, and I in you. . . . In this is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

Ge 49:11 Isa 5:1,2 Jer 2:21 Ga 5:19,21-23 Joh 15:1,2,4,8

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the