Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:45:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional  (Read 60282 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2006, 11:35:48 AM »

=========================================
             Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
                     Friday February 10, 2006
        http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml

Morning

The lamp of the body is the eye: therefore when thy eye is sound, thy whole body also is full of light.

The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.--Open thou my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.--We all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image . . . [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.--God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shone into our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

The God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, . . . give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: . . . that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints.

Lu 11:34 1Co 2:14 Ps 119:18 Joh 8:12 2Co 3:18 4:6 Eph 1:17,18

/---------------------------------------------------------\
            Be sure to check out our other devotionals
   \---------------------------------------------------------/

Friday February 10, 2006

Evening

He smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed.

All our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; and were all baptized to Moses in the cloud and in the sea; and all ate the same spiritual food; and all drank the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.--One of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and immediately came out blood and water.--He [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement for our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Ye will not come to me, that ye may have life.--My people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, [and] hewed out for themselves cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

If any man thirsteth, let him come to me, and drink.--Whoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Ps 78:20 1Co 10:1-4 Joh 19:34 Isa 53:5 Joh 5:40 Jer 2:13 Joh 7:37 Re 22:17

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2006, 04:40:08 AM »

==========================================
                    Saturday February 11, 2006

Morning

They that feared the LORD spoke often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard [it], and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

It came to pass, that, while they communed [together] and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.--Where two or three are assembled in my name, there am I in the midst of them.--My fellowlabourers, whose names [are] in the book of life.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. --Exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.--Behold, [it is] written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom.

Mal 3:16 Lu 24:15 Mt 18:20 Php 4:3 Col 3:16 Heb 3:13 Mt 12:36,37 Isa 65:6

Saturday February 11, 2006

Evening

The trees of the LORD are full [of sap].

I will be as the dew to Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon. His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his fragrance like Lebanon.--Blessed [is] the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and [that] spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be anxious in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

I the LORD have brought down the high tree, have exalted the low tree, have dried up the green tree, and have made the dry tree to flourish.

The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those that are planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing.

Ps 104:16 Ho 14:5,6 Jer 17:7,8 Eze 17:24 Ps 92:12-14

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2006, 05:49:04 AM »

===========================================
                     Sunday February 12, 2006

Morning

They shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels.

I have revealed thy name to the men whom thou gavest to me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them to me; and they have kept thy word.--I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them whom thou hast given to me; for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.--Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given to me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given to me: for thou didst love me before the foundation of the world.

I will come again, and receive you to myself.--He shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired by all them that believe . . . in that day.--We who are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.--Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.

Mal 3:17 Joh 17:6,9,10,24 14:3 2Th 1:10 1Th 4:17 Isa 62:3

Sunday February 12, 2006

Evening

I beseech thee, show me thy glory.

God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shone into our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.--The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. . . . No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?--[When thou saidst], Seek ye my face; my heart said to thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

We all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.--Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given to me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given to me: for thou didst love me before the foundation of the world.

Ex 33:18 2Co 4:6 Joh 1:14,18 Ps 42:2 27:8 2Co 3:18 Joh 17:24

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2006, 05:12:28 AM »

Monday February 13, 2006

Morning

Upon the likeness of the throne [was] the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

The man Christ Jesus.--Made in the likeness of men. . . . found in fashion as a man.--Since then the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death.

I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore.--Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died to sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth to God.-- [What] if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?--He raised him from the dead, and set [him] at his own right hand in the heavenly [places].--In him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God.

Eze 1:26 1Ti 2:5 Php 2:7,8 Heb 2:14 Re 1:18 Ro 6:9,10 Joh 6:62 Eph 1:20 Col 2:9 2Co 13:4

Monday February 13, 2006

Evening

Thy word hath revived me.

The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a living spirit.

As the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself.--I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. . . . As many as received him, to them he gave power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak to you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.--The word of God [is] living, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Ps 119:50 1Co 15:45 Joh 5:26 11:25,26 1:4,12,13 6:63 Heb 4:12

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 06:22:28 AM »

Tuesday February 14, 2006

Morning

Permit [it to be so] now: for thus it is fitting for us to fulfil all righteousness.

I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law [is] within my heart.

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say to you, Till heaven and earth shall pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.--The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make [it] honourable.--Except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no way enter into the kingdom of heaven.

What the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: that the righteousness of the law may be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.--Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Mt 3:15 Ps 40:8 Mt 5:17,18 Isa 42:21 Mt 5:20 Ro 8:3,4 10:4

Tuesday February 14, 2006

Evening

I [am] thy part and thy inheritance.

Whom have I in heaven [but thee]? and [there is] none upon earth [that] I desire besides thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: [but] God [is] the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.--The LORD [is] the portion of my inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant [places]; yea, I have a goodly heritage.

The LORD [is] my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they [are] the rejoicing of my heart.

O God, thou [art] my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is. . . . Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

My beloved [is] mine, and I [am] his.

Nu 18:20 Ps 73:25,26 16:5,6 La 3:24 Ps 119:111 63:1,7 So 2:16

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 06:24:37 AM »

Wednesday February 15, 2006

Morning

Who can say, I have made my heart clean?

The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, [and] seek God. They are all gone aside, they are [all] together become filthy: [there is] none that doeth good, no, not one.--Then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

To will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.--We are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

The scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. --That God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, not imputing their trespasses to them.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Pr 20:9 Ps 14:2,3 Ro 8:8 7:18,19 Isa 64:6 Ga 3:22 2Co 5:19 1Jo 1:8,9

Wednesday February 15, 2006

Evening

The floods lift their waves.

The LORD on high [is] mightier than the noise of many waters, [yea, than] the mighty waves of the sea.--O LORD God of hosts, who [is] a strong LORD like thee? or to thy faithfulness around thee? Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when its waves arise, thou stillest them.

Fear ye not me? saith the LORD: will ye not tremble at my presence, who have placed the sand [for] the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it?

When thou passest through the waters, I [will be] with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee.

Peter . . . walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said to him, O thou of little faith, why didst thou doubt?

When I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

Ps 93:3,4 89:8,9 Jer 5:22 Isa 43:2 Mt 14:29-31 Ps 56:3

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006, 06:26:35 AM »

Thursday February 16, 2006

Morning

Thy name [is as] ointment poured forth.

Christ . . . hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.-- To you therefore who believe [he is] precious.--God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow.--In him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

If ye love me, keep my commandments.--The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given to us.-- The house was filled with the odour of the ointment.--They took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

O LORD our Lord, how excellent [is] thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.--Emmanuel . . . God with us.--His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.-- The name of the LORD [is] a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

So 1:3 Eph 5:2 1Pe 2:7 Php 2:9,10 Col 2:9 Joh 14:15 Ro 5:5 Joh 12:3 Ac 4:13 Ps 8:1 Mt 1:23 Isa 9:6 Pr 18:10

Thursday February 16, 2006

Evening

We that are in [this] tabernacle do groan, being burdened.

Lord, all my desire [is] before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. . . . My iniquities have gone over my head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.--O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

The whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only [they], but ourselves . . ., who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, . . . groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [that is], the redemption of our body. --Now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through various temptations.

Shortly I must put off [this] my tabernacle.--For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

2Co 5:4 Ps 38:9,4 Ro 7:24 8:22,23 1Pe 1:6 2Pe 1:14 1Co 15:53,54

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 06:28:48 AM »

Friday February 17, 2006

Morning

The whole bull shall he carry forth outside the camp to a clean place, where the ashes are poured out, and burn him on the wood with fire.

They took Jesus, and led [him] away. And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called [the place] of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha: where they crucified him.--The bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned outside the camp. Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Let us go forth therefore to him outside the camp, bearing his reproach.--The fellowship of his sufferings.

Rejoice, seeing ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.--Our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh out for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory.

Le 4:12 Joh 19:16-18 Heb 13:11-13 Php 3:10 1Pe 4:13 2Co 4:17

Friday February 17, 2006

Evening

God created man in his [own] image.

Being then the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like gold, or silver, or stone, formed by art and man's device.

God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath made us alive together with Christ. . . . We are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.--For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

We know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.--I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. . . . If children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if we suffer with [him], that we may be glorified together.

Ge 1:27 Ac 17:29 Eph 2:4,5,10 Ro 8:29 1Jo 3:2 Ps 17:15 Re 21:7 Ro 8:17

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2006, 09:17:32 PM »

Saturday February 18, 2006

Morning

Thou [art] my hope in the day of evil.

[There are] many that say, Who will show us [any] good? LORD, lift thou upon us the light of thy countenance.--I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.

In my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.--I cried to thee, O LORD; and to the LORD I made supplication. What profit [is there] in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth? Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper.

For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.--Sorrow shall be turned into joy.--Weeping may endure for a night, but joy [cometh] in the morning.

Jer 17:17 Ps 4:6 59:16 30:6,8-10 Isa 54:7,8 Joh 16:20 Ps 30:5

Saturday February 18, 2006

Evening

Adam . . . begat [a son] in his own likeness.

Who can bring a clean [thing] out of an unclean?--Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Dead in trespasses and sins; . . . by nature the children of wrath, even as others.--I am carnal, sold under sin. That which I do I understand not: for what I would, that I do not; but what I hate, that I do.--For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing.

By one man sin entered into the world, . . . by one man's disobedience many were made sinners.--If through the offence of one many are dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded to many.

The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Thanks [be] to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ge 5:3 Job 14:4 Ps 51:5 EPh 2:1,3 Ro 7:14,15,18 5:12,19,15 8:2 1Co 15:57

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2006, 04:08:31 PM »

========================================
                     Sunday February 19, 2006

Morning

The LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth [cometh] knowledge and understanding.

Trust in the LORD with all thy heart; and lean not to thy own understanding.--If any of you lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given to him.--The foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.--God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise.-- That no flesh should glory in his presence.

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding to the simple.--Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee.

All bore him testimony, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth.--Never man spoke like this man.--Of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who from God is made to us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.

Pr 2:6 3:5 Jas 1:5 1Co 1:25,27,29 Ps 119:130,11 Lu 4:22 Joh 7:46 1Co 1:30

Sunday February 19, 2006

Evening

The year of my redeemed is come.

Ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout [all] the land to all its inhabitants: it shall be a jubilee to you; and ye shall return every man to his possession, and . . . to his family.

Thy dead [men] shall live, [together with] my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew [is as] the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we who are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction.

Their Redeemer [is] strong; the LORD of hosts [is] his name.

Isa 63:4 Le 25:10 Isa 26:19 1Th 4:16,17 Ho 13:14 Jer 50:34

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2006, 03:55:32 PM »

Monday February 20, 2006

Morning

He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied.

Jesus . . . said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.--He hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

This people have I formed for myself; they shall show forth my praise.--To the intent that now to the principalities and powers in heavenly [places] might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, according to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord.--That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

After ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of his glory.--Ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a special people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Isa 53:11 Joh 19:30 2Co 5:21 Isa 43:21 Eph 3:10,11 2:7 1:13,14 1Pe 2:9

Monday February 20, 2006

Evening

The day of temptation in the wilderness.

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted by God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

[They] lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert.

Jesus being full of the Holy Spirit . . . was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, being forty days tempted by the devil. And in those days he ate nothing: and when they were ended, he was afterward hungry. And the devil said to him, If thou art the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.

He himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to help them that are tempted.--Simon, Simon, . . . Satan hath desired [to have] you, that he may sift [you] as wheat: but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not.

Heb 3:8 Jas 1:13-15 Ps 106:14 Lu 4:1-3 Heb 2:18 Lu 22:31,32

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2006, 03:57:16 AM »

Tuesday February 21, 2006

Morning

I [am] the LORD who sanctify you.

I [am] the LORD your God, who have separated you from [other] people.--And ye shall be holy to me: for I the LORD [am] holy, and have separated you from [other] people, that ye should be mine.

Sanctified by God the Father.--Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.--The very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 13:12

Jesus . . . that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.--Our Saviour Jesus Christ . . . gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify to himself [his own] special people, zealous of good works.--Both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified [are] all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren.--For their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also may be sanctified through the truth. . . .Through sanctification of the Spirit, to obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you, and peace, be multiplied.

Le 20:8,24,26 Jude 1:1 Joh 17:17 1Th 5:23 Heb 13:12 Tit 2:13,14 Heb 2:11 Joh 17:19 1Pe 1:2

Tuesday February 21, 2006

Evening

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless return with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves [with him].

That which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be.

Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again to a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, . . . In which ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through various temptations: that the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though tried with fire, might be found to praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.

Ps 97:11 126:5,6 1Co 15:37 1Pe 1:3,6,7

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2006, 03:59:19 AM »

Wednesday February 22, 2006

Morning

What man [is] he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way [that] he shall choose.

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thy eye be good, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Thy word [is] a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path.--Thy ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This [is] the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.-- I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with my eye. Be ye not as the horse, [or] as the mule, [which] have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near to thee. Many sorrows [shall be] to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall surround him. Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all [ye that are] upright in heart.

O LORD, I know that the way of man [is] not in himself: [it is] not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Ps 25:12 Mt 6:22 Ps 119:105 Isa 30:21 Ps 32:8-11 Jer 10:23

Wednesday February 22, 2006

Evening

When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid:\\ but, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

There arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was now full. And he was in the stern of the boat, asleep on a pillow.

Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I will both lie down in peace, and sleep: for thou only, LORD, makest me dwell in safety.--He giveth his beloved sleep.

They stoned Stephen, calling upon [God], and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. Absent from the body, . . . present with the Lord.

Pr 3:24 Mr 4:37,38 Php 4:6,7 Ps 4:8 127:2 Ac 7:59,60 2Co 5:8

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2006, 02:20:54 PM »

Thursday February 23, 2006

Morning

The blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than [that of] Abel.

Behold the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sin of the world. --The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.--[It is] not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me.--By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once [for all].

Abel . . . brought of the firstlings of his flock and of its fat. And the LORD had respect to Abel and to his offering.-- Christ . . . hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.--Having . . . boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus.

Heb 12:24 Joh 1:29 Re 13:8 Heb 10:4,5,10 Ge 4:4 Eph 5:2 Heb 10:22,19

Thursday February 23, 2006

Evening

Who knoweth the power of thy anger?

Drom the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land to the ninth hour. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?--The LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus.--Being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.--Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us.

God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.--That he may be just, and the justifier of him who believeth in Jesus.

Ps 90:11 Mt 27:45,46 Isa 53:6 Ro 8:1 5:1 Ga 3:13 1Jo 4:9,10 Ro 3:26

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2006, 02:23:23 PM »

=======================================
                     Friday February 24, 2006

Morning

Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet [for] this be enquired of.

Yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and the door shall be opened to you: for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh the door shall be opened.--This is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: and if we know that he heareth us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired from him.--If any of you lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given to him.--I [am] the LORD thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.-- Men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

The eyes of the LORD [are] upon the righteous, and his ears [are open] to their cry.--[The righteous] cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.--Ye shall ask in my name: and I say not to you, that I will pray the Father for you: for the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me.-- Ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Eze 36:37 Jas 4:2 Mt 7:7,8 1Jo 5:14,15 Jas 1:5 Ps 81:10 Lu 18:1 Ps 34:15,17 Joh 16:26,27,24

Friday February 24, 2006

Evening

Shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?

I know, O LORD, that thy judgments [are] right, and [that] thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.--O LORD, thou [art] our father; we [are] the clay, and thou our potter; and we all [are] the work of thy hand.--It [is] the LORD: let him do what seemeth him good.

Righteous [art] thou, O LORD, when I plead with thee: yet let me speak with thee of [thy] judgments.

He shall sit [as] a refiner and purifier of silver.--Whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.--It is enough for the disciple that he should be as his teacher, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more [shall they call] them of his household?--Though he was a Son, yet he learned obedience by the things which he suffered.

But rejoice, seeing ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.--These are they who came out of the great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Job 2:10 Ps 119:75 Isa 64:8 1Sa 3:18 Jer 12:1 Mal 3:3 Heb 12:6 Mt 10:25 Heb 5:8 1Pe 4:13 Re 7:14

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the