Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:39:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional  (Read 60351 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2006, 04:40:53 PM »

==============================================
             Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
                       Sunday March 12, 2006
        http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml

Morning

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: the LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].-- The brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person.--The god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake. Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee.--LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, [and] I was troubled.-- Blessed [is] the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance.

The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.

Nu 6:25,26 Joh 1:18 Heb 1:3 2Co 4:4 Ps 31:16,17 30:7 89:15 Ps 29:11 Mt 14:27

/---------------------------------------------------------\
            Be sure to check out our other devotionals
   \---------------------------------------------------------/

Sunday March 12, 2006

Evening

Things that are pleasing in his sight.

Without faith [it is] impossible to please [him].--So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.--The LORD taketh pleasure in his people.

This [is] thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.--If, when ye do well, and suffer [for it], ye take it patiently, this [is] acceptable with God.--[The ornament] of a meek and quiet spirit, . . . is in the sight of God of great price.

Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth [his] conversation [aright] will I shew the salvation of God.-- I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving. [This] also shall please the LORD better than an ox [or] bullock that hath horns and hoofs.

I beseech you, . . . brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

1Jo 3:22 Heb 11:6 Ro 8:8 Ps 149:4 1Pe 2:19,20 3:4 Ps 50:23 69:30,31 Ro 12:1

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2006, 07:42:45 AM »

===========================================
                       Monday March 13, 2006

Morning

For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Forasmuch . . . as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same.

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else.

We have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.--In Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace.--By his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption [for us].--And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions [that were] under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.--He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

1Ti 2:5 Heb 2:14 Isa 45:22 1Jo 2:1 Eph 2:13,14  Heb 9:12,15 7:25

Monday March 13, 2006

Evening

O my God, my soul is cast down within me.

Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH [is] everlasting strength.

Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee.-- For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.--Is any among you afflicted? let him pray.

Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.--Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?--Be not faithless, but believing.--Lo, I am with you alway.

Ps 42:6 Isa 26:3,4 Ps 55:22 22:24 Jas 5:13 Joh 14:27 Mt 6:25,26 Joh 20:27 Mt 28:20

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2006, 07:45:03 AM »

Tuesday March 14, 2006

Morning

Adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

Let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ. --Abstain from all appearance of evil.--If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy [are ye]. . . But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or [as] a thief, or [as] an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.--Be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.--Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: so shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. --Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Tit 2:10 Php 1:27 1Th 5:22 1Pe 4:14,15 Php 2:15 Mt 5:16 Pr 3:3,4 Php 4:8

Tuesday March 14, 2006

Evening

The words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.

Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth.--The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Christ . . . loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing.

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed [thereto] according to thy word.--Thy word hath quickened me.-- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.--I will not forget thy word.--I trust in thy word.--The law of thy mouth [is] better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.--I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.--How sweet are thy words unto my taste! [yea, sweeter] than honey to my mouth! Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Joh 6:63 Jas 1:18 2Co 3:6 Eph 5:25-27 Ps 119:9,50,11,16,42,72,93,103,104

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2006, 03:44:09 PM »

Wednesday March 15, 2006

Morning

Perfect through sufferings.

My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt].--And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.--Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked [for some] to take pity, but [there was] none; and for comforters, but I found none.--I looked on [my] right hand, and beheld, but [there was] no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Heb 2:10 Mt 26:38,39 Lu 22:44 Ps 116:3 69:20 142:4 Isa 53:3

Wednesday March 15, 2006

Evening

The LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is].

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.--By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.--For he spake, and it was [done]; he commanded, and it stood fast.-- Behold, the nations [are] as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; what is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Ex 20:11 Ps 19:1 33:6,9 Isa 40:15 Heb 11:3 Ps 8:3,4

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2006, 06:28:41 AM »

Thursday March 16, 2006

Morning

For what [is] your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

My days are swifter than a post: they flee away, they see no good. They are passed away as the swift ships: as the eagle [that] hasteth to the prey.--Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are [as] a sleep: in the morning [they are] like grass [which] groweth up. In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down, and withereth.--Man [that is] born of a woman [is] of few days, and full of trouble. He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down.

The world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.--They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: but thou [art] the same, and thy years shall have no end.--Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Jas 4:14 Job 9:25,26 Ps 90:5,6 Job 14:1,2 1Jo 2:17 Ps 102:26,27 Heb 13:8

Thursday March 16, 2006

Evening

I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Be filled with the Spirit; speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.--Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

Praise ye the LORD: for [it is] good to sing praises unto our God; for [it is] pleasant; [and] praise is comely.--Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God.

I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps.

1Co 14:15 Eph 5:18,19 Col 3:16 Ps 145:21 147:1,7 Re 14:2

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2006, 06:09:15 AM »

============================================
                       Friday March 17, 2006

Morning

He shall put his hand upon the head of the burnt offering; and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him.

Ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers; but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.--Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree.

He hath made us accepted in the beloved.

As lively stones, . . . built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.--I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever.

Le 1:4 1Pe 1:18,19 2:24 Eph 1:6 1Pe 2:5 Ro 12:1 Jude 1:24,25

Friday March 17, 2006

Evening

In all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.

When the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food (the lust of the flesh), and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes (the lust of the eyes), and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise (the pride of life), she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

When the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread (the lust of the flesh). But he answered, . . . It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.--The devil sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them (the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life). Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan.

In that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Blessed [is] the man that endureth temptation.

Heb 4:15 Ge 3:6 1Jo 2:16 Mt 4:3,4,8,10 1Jo 2:16 Heb 2:18 Jas 1:12

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2006, 06:11:04 AM »

=============================================
                      Saturday March 18, 2006

Morning

Mine eyes fail [with looking] upward.

Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I [am] weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed. My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O LORD, how long? Return, O LORD, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.--My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me. Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror hath overwhelmed me. And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! [for then] would I fly away, and be at rest.

Ye have need of patience.

While they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.--Our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.--That blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Isa 38:14 Ps 6:2-4 Ps 55:4-6 Heb 10:36 Ac 1:10,11 Php 3:20 Tit 2:13

Saturday March 18, 2006

Evening

His name [shall be] in their foreheads.

I am the good shepherd, and know my [sheep].--The foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

The LORD [is] good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.--Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

After that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance.--Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, [is] God; who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name. --This [is the name] wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

Re 22:4 Joh 10:14 2Ti 2:19 Na 1:7 Re 7:3 Eph 1:13,14 2Co 1:21,22 Re 3:12 Je 33:16

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2006, 02:12:17 PM »

Sunday March 19, 2006

Morning

God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.--Saved by his life.

Our Saviour Jesus Christ . . . who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.--As he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ . . . hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ.--In him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him.--Of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Ac 3:26 1Pe 1:3 Ro 5:10 Tit 2:13,14 1Pe 1:15,16 Eph 1:3 Col 2:9,10 Joh 1:16 Ro 8:32

Sunday March 19, 2006

Evening

Strengthen thou me according unto thy word.

Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.--O LORD, I am oppressed; undertake for me.

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.--Ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the LORD your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, [and] not one thing hath failed thereof.

Fear not: peace [be] unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.--Be strong, . . . and work: for I [am] with you, saith the LORD of hosts.-- Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Ps 119:28,49 Isa 38:14 Lu 21:33 Jos 23:14 Da 10:19 Hag 2:4 Zec 4:6 Eph 6:10

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2006, 05:37:57 AM »

Monday March 20, 2006

Morning

The entrance of thy words giveth light.

This . . . is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.--God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.--The Word was God.--In him was life; and the life was the light of men.--If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.--Ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Ye were sometimes darkness, but now [are ye] light in the Lord: walk as children of light.--Ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Ps 119:130 1Jo 1:5 2Co 4:6 Joh 1:1,4 1Jo 1:7 Ps 119:11 Joh 15:3 Eph 5:8 1Pe 2:9

Monday March 20, 2006

Evening

Noah was a just man.

The just shall live by faith.--Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And the LORD smelled a sweet savour.--The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference.

We . . . joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.--[It is] God that justifieth.-- Whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified.

Ge 6:9 Ga 3:11 Ge 8:20,21 Re 13:8 Ro 5:1 3:20-22 5:11 8:33,30

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2006, 10:30:20 AM »

Tuesday March 21, 2006

Morning

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die.

The end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.--Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.--Take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life.--The just shall live by faith: but if [any man] draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

What I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. --I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand.

Re 3:2 1Pe 4:7 5:8 De 4:9 Heb 10:38,39 Mr 13:37 Isa 41:10,13

Tuesday March 21, 2006

Evening

Is his mercy clean gone for ever?

His mercy [endureth] for ever.--The LORD [is] longsuffering, and of great mercy.--Who [is] a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity? . . . he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth [in] mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.--Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us.

Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

Merciful and faithful high priest in things [pertaining] to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Ps 77:8 136:23 Nu 14:18 Mi 7:18,19 Tit 3:5 2Co 1:3,4 Heb 2:17,18

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2006, 10:32:45 AM »

==========================================
                     Wednesday March 22, 2006

Morning

Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it [was] well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, [even] as the garden of the LORD. . . . Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan.

Just Lot . . . that righteous man.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.--Remember Lot's wife.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?--Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing].--Be not ye . . . partakers with them. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now [are ye] light in the Lord: walk as children of light: proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove [them].

Ge 13:10,11 2Pe 2:7,8 Ga 6:7 Lu 17:32 2Co 6:14,17  Eph 5:7,8,10,11

Wednesday March 22, 2006

Evening

If so be the LORD [will be] with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said.

He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.--I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, [even] of thine only.

The work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Stand . . . having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness.--For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.--The LORD [is] with thee, . . . Go in this thy might.

Jos 14:12 Heb 13:5,6 Ps 71:16 Isa 32:17 Eph 6:14,12,13 Jdg 6:12,14

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2006, 05:33:40 AM »

Thursday March 23, 2006

Morning

Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty.

Thou [art] holy, [O thou] that inhabitest the praises of Israel.--Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest [is] holy ground. . . . I [am] the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.--To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.--I [am] the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.--I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there is] no saviour.

As he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.--Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?--Ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.--Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Re 4:8 Ps 22:3 Ex 3:5,6 Isa 40:25 43:3,11 1Pe 1:15,16 1Co 6:19 2Co 6:16 Am 3:3

Thursday March 23, 2006

Evening

They constrained him, saying, Abide with us.

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.--Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest [thy flock] to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?--I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go.

Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits.--I am come into my garden.--I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain.

Lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world.--I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.--Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.-- The world seeth me no more; but ye see me.

Lu 24:29 Re 3:20 So 1:7 3:4 4:16 5:1 Isa 45:19 Mt 28:20 Heb 13:5 Mt 18:20 Joh 14:19

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2006, 02:28:08 AM »

Friday March 24, 2006

Morning

[Araham] believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; but for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead.

The promise, that he should be the heir of the world, [was] not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

The just shall live by faith.--Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; (for he [is] faithful that promised).--Our God [is] in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.--With God nothing shall be impossible.--And blessed [is] she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

Ge 15:6 Ro 4:20-24 4:13 1:17 Heb 10:23 Ps 115:3 Lu 1:37,45

Friday March 24, 2006

Evening

God . . . .who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, . . . but now is my kingdom not from hence.--Expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.-- [Thou] hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.--I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them; . . . and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.--Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.--Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; that ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Thy kingdom come.

1Th 2:12 Joh 18:36 Heb 10:13 Re 11:15 5:10 20:4 Mt 13:43 Lu 12:32 22:29,30 Mt 6:10

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2006, 01:27:33 AM »

Saturday March 25, 2006

Morning

I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Behold, I [am] with thee, and will keep thee in all [places] whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done [that] which I have spoken to thee of.--Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world.--At my first answer no man stood with me, but all [men] forsook me: [I pray God] that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me.-- When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

Lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world.-- I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore.--I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. --My peace I give unto you.

Heb 13:5,6 Ge 28:15 De 31:6 2Ti 4:10,16,17 Ps 27:10 Mt 28:20 Re 1:18 Joh 14:18,27

Saturday March 25, 2006

Evening

Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.

All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: . . . and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world.

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:

Though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!--I am made all things to all [men], that I might by all means save some.

Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.--My word . . . shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please.--So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Lu 5:5 Mt 28:18-20 13:47 1Co 9:16,22 Ga 6:9 Isa 55:11 1Co 3:7

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2006, 01:30:00 AM »

Sunday March 26, 2006

Morning

[The kingdom of heaven is] as a man travelling into a far country, [who] called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods . . . to every man according to his several ability.

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey?

All these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.--The manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.--As every man hath received the gift, [even so] minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.--It is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.--Unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Who [is] sufficient for these things?--I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Mt 25:14,15 Ro 6:16 1Co 12:11,7 1Pe 4:10 1Co 4:2 Lu 12:48 2Co 2:16 Php 4:13

Sunday March 26, 2006

Evening

Distributing to the necessity of saints.

David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I may shew him kindness for Jonathan's sake?

Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.-- Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.--Whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold [water] only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

To do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.--God [is] not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Ro 12:13 2Sa 9:1 Mt 25:34-36,40 10:42 Heb 13:16 6:10

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the