Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:36:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Completed and Favorite Threads
| | |-+  Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional  (Read 60329 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 07, 2007, 11:34:09 PM »

============================================
             Daily Light on the Daily Path Devotional
                      Sunday January 7, 2007
        http://bible.christiansunite.com/devotionals.shtml

Morning

Think upon me, my God, for good.

Thus saith the LORD; I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth, the love of thy espousals, when thou wentest after me in the wilderness.--I will remember my covenant with thee in the days of thy youth, and I will establish to thee an everlasting covenant.--I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you.--For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

[As] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.--I would seek to God, and to God would I commit my cause: who doeth great things and unsearchable; wonderful things without number.--Many, O LORD my God, [are] thy wonderful works [which] thou hast done, and thy thoughts [which are] toward us: they cannot be reckoned up in order to thee: [if] I would declare and speak [of them], they are more than can be numbered.

Ne 5:19 Jer 2:2 Eze 16:60 Jer 29:10,11 Isa 55:9 Job 5:8,9 Ps 40:5

/---------------------------------------------------------\
            Be sure to check out our other devotionals
   \---------------------------------------------------------/

Sunday January 7, 2007

Evening

I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

There failed nothing of any good thing which the LORD had spoken to the house of Israel; all came to pass.--God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoke, and shall he not make it good?

The LORD thy God, he [is] God, the faithful God, who keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him.--He will ever be mindful of his covenant.

Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet I will not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of [my] hands; thy walls [are] continually before me.

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee [is] mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Jos 1:5 21:45 Nu 23:19 De 7:9 Ps 111:5 Isa 49:15,16 Zep 3:17

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 08, 2007, 11:32:28 PM »

===========================================
                      Monday January 8, 2007

Morning

They that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

The name of the LORD [is] a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.--I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation.

I have been young, and [now] am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.--For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off. --The LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people.-- Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver [us].

[Be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do to me.

Ps 9:10 Pr 18:10 Isa 12:2 Ps 37:25 37:28 1Sa 12:22 2Co 1:10 Heb 13:5,6

Monday January 8, 2007

Evening

They are without fault before the throne of God.

The iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and [there shall be] none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.--Who [is] a God like thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth [in] mercy. He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

He hath made us accepted in the beloved.--To present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Now to him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to God the only wise, our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Re 14:5 Jer 50:20 Mic 7:18,19 Eph 1:6 Col 1:22 Jude 1:24,25

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 10, 2007, 10:20:10 PM »

Tuesday January 9, 2007

Morning

Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth.

Jehovahnissi: that is, The LORD my banner.--When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up [our] banners.--The LORD hath brought forth our righteousness: come, and let us declare in Zion the work of the LORD our God.--We are more than conquerors through him that loved us.--Thanks [be] to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.--The captain of our salvation.

My brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.--Valiant for the truth.--Fight the LORD'S battles.--Be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work: . . . fear ye not.--Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.--Yet a little while, and he that is coming will come, and will not tarry.

Ps 60:4 Ex 17:15 Isa 59:19 Ps 20:5 Jer 51:10 Ro 8:37  1Co 15:57 Heb 2:10 Eph 6:10 Jer 9:3 1Sa 18:17 Hag 2:4,5 #Joh 4:35 Heb 10:37

Tuesday January 9, 2007

Evening

One thing is needful.

[There are] many that say, Who will show us [any] good? LORD, lift thou upon us the light of thy countenance. Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time when their grain and their wine increased.

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so my soul panteth after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God.--O God, thou [art] my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is.

I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.--Lord, evermore give us this bread.--Mary . . . sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.--One [thing] have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

Lu 10:42 Ps 4:6,7 Ps 42:1,2 63:1 Joh 6:35,34 Lu 10:39 Ps 27:4

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 10, 2007, 10:22:09 PM »

Wednesday January 10, 2007

Morning

[I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body may be preserved blameless to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.--That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.--Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.

The peace of God . . . passeth all understanding.--Let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also ye are called in one body.

Our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, who hath loved us, and hath given [us] everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts, and establish you in every good word and work.--Who shall also confirm you to the end, [that ye may be] blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Th 5:23 Eph 5:25,27 Col 1:28 Php 4:7 Col 3:15 2Th 2:16,17 1Co 1:8

Wednesday January 10, 2007

Evening

Will God indeed dwell with men on the earth?

Let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.-- I will meet with the children of Israel, and [the tabernacle] shall be sanctified by my glory. . . . And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will be their God.

Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, [for] the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell [among them].

Ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.--Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit [which is] in you.--Ye . . . are built together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The nations shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for ever.

2Ch 6:18 Ex 25:8 29:43,45 Ps 68:18 2Co 6:16 1Co 6:19 Eph 2:22 Eze 37:28

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 13, 2007, 05:36:11 PM »

=============================================
                     Thursday January 11, 2007

Morning

Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Zion.

To us [there is but] one God, the Father, from whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.--All [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father who hath sent him.--By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of [our] lips giving thanks to his name.--Whoever offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth [his] conduct [aright] will I show the salvation of God.

I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and languages, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God who sitteth upon the throne, and to the Lamb.--Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, [be] to our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Ps 65:1 1Co 8:6 Joh 5:23 Heb 13:15 Ps 50:23 Re 7:9,10,12

Thursday January 11, 2007

Evening

Who redeemeth thy life from destruction.

Their Redeemer [is] strong; the LORD of hosts [is] his name. --I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction.

Since then the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, [who is] our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.--When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired by all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Ps 103:4 Jer 50:34 Ho 13:14 Heb 2:14,15 Joh 3:36 Col 3:3,4 2Th 1:10

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 13, 2007, 05:38:12 PM »

Friday January 12, 2007

Morning

God the only wise, our Saviour.

Christ Jesus, who from God is made to us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.--Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty to perfection? [It is] as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know?

We speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world to our glory.--The mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: to the intent that now to the principalities and powers in heavenly [places] might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

If any of you lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given to him.--The wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, [and] easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Jude 1:25 1Co 1:30 Job 11:7,8 1Co 2:7 Eph 3:9,10 Jas 1:5 3:17

Friday January 12, 2007

Evening

When shall I arise, and the night be gone?

Watchman, what of the night? The watchman said, The morning cometh.

Yet a little while, and he that is coming will come, and will not tarry.--[He shall be] as the light of the morning, [when] the sun riseth, [even] a morning without clouds.

I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.--Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. Ye have heard that I said to you, I go away, and come [again] to you.

Let all thy enemies perish, O LORD: but [let] them that love him [be] as the sun when he goeth forth in his might.--Ye are all children of light, and children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

There shall be no night there.

Job 7:4 Isa 21:11,12 Heb 10:37 2Sa 23:4 Joh 14:2,3,27,28 Jdg 5:31 1Th 5:5 Re 21:25

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 13, 2007, 05:40:52 PM »

Saturday January 13, 2007

Morning

Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee].

Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never allow the righteous to be moved.--I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD [is] my strength and [my] song; he also is become my salvation.

Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?--Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.--In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.

The righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.--Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world giveth, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.--Peace, from him who is, and who was, and who is to come.

Isa 26:3 Ps 55:22 Isa 12:2 Mt 8:26 Php 4:6,7 Isa 30:15 32:17 Joh 14:27 Re 1:4

Saturday January 13, 2007

Evening

Let not the sun go down upon your wrath.

If thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. . . . Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith to him, I say not to thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.--When ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have any thing against any: that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, tender mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man hath a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.--Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

The apostles said to the Lord, Increase our faith.

Eph 4:26 Mt 18:15,21,22 Mr 11:25 Col 3:12,13 Eph 4:32 Lu 17:5

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 13, 2007, 05:47:45 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

The entire series for Daily Light on the Daily Path has been posted now. I know that many people enjoy reading it every day, so I will leave it here for a few days.

This thread will eventually be moved to the "Completed and Favorite Threads" area.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 130:5 NASB  I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the