Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:21:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286958 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Old TV Shows Remembered
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Old TV Shows Remembered  (Read 57450 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2005, 08:57:54 PM »

Does anyone remember the milk man?  He delivered milk to your front door step in clear glass bottles with the cream at the top.

Ya, how about the knife and scissor sharpener man?
We had a little old Italian man come around once a week with his sharpening wheel cart and a bell.

Anybody else use Greasy Kids Stuff? My brother and I used that on our Elvis hair styles and my sisters used Dipity-Do, which amazed me when I was a youngin because of the cool green color! Cheesy

Wild root or Brill Cream. It was "a little dab'll do ya" for me.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2005, 09:20:47 PM »

Whoa, Wild Root, that's really an oldie.  Yep, I remember Brill Cream.

Don't remember a scisssors sharpening man but I remember Dippity Doo.

How about:

Post Frosted Flakes..Tony the Tiger....it's grrrrr..rate!
Post Sugar Crisps (who was the little bear?)
Quaker Oats....the Quaker on the box winked.

Usually there were lots of cereal commercials on Saturady morning.  That's when all the cowboy shows aired.

PR...........your post on the milk man, egg man, and bread man had me ROFL. Grin Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2005, 10:15:32 PM »

How about:

Usually there were lots of cereal commercials on Saturady morning.  That's when all the cowboy shows aired.

PR...........your post on the milk man, egg man, and bread man had me ROFL. Grin Grin Grin

"Sugar Bear" of course. I liked Smaxey, too on Sugar Smacks.

I loved the baking soda powered submarines that came in the breakfast cereals.

Remember "Kaboom" cereal vitamin foritfied. Yuck, it tasted like vitamins, too.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2005, 10:16:56 PM »

PR,

Believe it or not, the history of the moon pie was just on the food network.  I usually don't watch it, but it was on.  Matterhorn, out of Boise, Idaho is now making the moon pie with ice cream in the center.  Everyone interviewed said it is really, really good.  I guess Matterhorn went in with the moon pie bakery out of Chattanooga (sp?), Tenn.  Name of the game is now co-brands.  

Believe It or Not...........that was a TV show, too.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2005, 10:30:26 PM »

And still is.  Wink Cheesy  They have brought it back on with all new episodes.

Ice cream center! That would be even better.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2005, 10:33:53 PM »

Grin  What a hoot of a thread!

"A little dab 'ill do ya."
Brillcream

"See the USA in your Chevrolet."
Dinah Shore

"Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is."
Alka Seltzer

"Ask Mikey, he'll eat it."
Life Cereal

There was one about driving in your merry oldsmobile but I forget the jingle.

Remember Rice Chex and Wheat Chex?

Remember, we actually washed and dried dishes by hand?  And, they were dried with linen dish towels that had to be ironed, (linen didn't leave lint on the glasses).  No terry towels back then.

Monday was "wash day."  Ringer washers! Bluing and Lint starch.  Clothesline was our dryer. Grin  Then, on Monday evening, the clothes were sprinked for ironing on Tuesday. I remember my mom washing all day on Monday, and ironing all day on Tuesday.  And, those were the days of 100% cotton percale, resin free, crisp white sheets.  They smelled so good from the sunshine and outside air.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2005, 10:40:31 PM »

And still is.  Wink Cheesy  They have brought it back on with all new episodes.

Ice cream center! That would be even better.

They said the ice cream version is available in all the states, in supermarkets everywhere.

I didn't know about "Believe It or Not" being back.  I don't usually watch much TV, Larry King, once in a while, Fox News probably more than anything else.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2005, 10:44:19 PM »

WOW! - I haven't thought about those baking powder submarines in a long time.  Cheesy

How about the old crystal radios from Heathkit that you put together yourself? I made my own special antennae and could get all kinds of far away stations, especially at night. (No speaker - just an earphone).

Does anyone remember the ads about the 90 pound weakling being embarrassed on the beach. If I remember right, that was Charles Atlas trying to sell weight lifting equipment. Every boy in the neighborhood was trying to build muscles, drink milk, and do everything they could not to be that 90 pound weakling when they got older. The ads were for teens, but they worked on kids in elementary school. In fact, every kid in the neighborhood wanted a set of those weights.  Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2005, 10:46:32 PM »

Our dish towels came from flour sacks. Once the flour was gone all you had to do was unravel the seams and you had an instant dish towel. Store bought jelly came in a glass with wax to seal the top. Once empty they became drinking glasses. After that we got glasses that came in the laundry soap.

Our pot and pans were cast iron. I got in trouble for washing them to well. I washed the baked on coating off of them and Mom had to treat them in oil and stick them in a bond fire outside to recoat them.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2005, 10:49:52 PM »

How about:

"Sugar Bear" of course. I liked Smaxey, too on Sugar Smacks.

I loved the baking soda powered submarines that came in the breakfast cereals.

Remember "Kaboom" cereal vitamin foritfied. Yuck, it tasted like vitamins, too.

SUGAR SMACKS, yep, I think that's what I meant when I said Sugar Crisps.  Was there ever such a one as Sugar Crisps?

No, I don't remember Kaboom cereal.  Today Kaboom is an all purpose cleaner. Grin  And, I don't remember Smaxey or the submarines.  Sugar Bear, yea, now I remember.

I think there was a cereal called Sugar Pops, too.

Reba
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2005, 11:01:30 PM »

freito bandito?  Lora scudder  granny goose  the white tornado. Madge  " brusha brusha brusha new Ipania tooth paste dandy for your teeeeth.

wasn't tony the tiger kettlogs.

See the USA in your Chevrolet America is asking you to call Drive your Chevrolet through the USA  America is the greatest land of all.......

you can be sure if its Westinghouse.

10 2 and 4 dr pepper

to look sharp and feel sharp too get the razor thats right for

whata ya say? Papst blue ribbon whata ya say? Papst blue ribbon , papst blue ribbon beer

We lived in the church we could not have a TV antia on it ( devils tail) but we watched the saturday nite fights at the neighbours.

From the land of sky blue waters

remember the head  with the  rope hammer was the third thing Lighting?

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2005, 11:08:48 PM »

Our dish towels came from flour sacks. Once the flour was gone all you had to do was unravel the seams and you had an instant dish towel. Store bought jelly came in a glass with wax to seal the top. Once empty they became drinking glasses. After that we got glasses that came in the laundry soap.

Our pot and pans were cast iron. I got in trouble for washing them to well. I washed the baked on coating off of them and Mom had to treat them in oil and stick them in a bond fire outside to recoat them.

How did I just KNOW you were going to tell me you used flour sacks as dish towels? Wink

I remember jelly with waxed seals but I thought the waxed seals were only on the homemade ones.

I remember my grandmother using cast iron.  She made the best french fries in that skillet.  It was really, really black, the skillet, that is. Roll Eyes

People were so happy to get rid of the heavy cast iron when aluminum pots and pans became popular, then came the stainless steel ones.

PR, your life sounds more like the lives of those who lived in the early 1900's, not late 1900's.  But, I guess you lived on a farm.  We lived in the city.  Actually, it was a very small town.

I just remembered another TV program........The Life of Riley.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2005, 11:11:33 PM »

Post made Sugar Crisps with Sugar Bear. Sugar Smacks was made by Kelloggs and had a clown, then Smaxey the Seal followed by Quick Draw McGraw. Kelloggs also made Sugar Pops and had Wild Bill, Jingles (Wagon Train) and Pete the Prarie Dog.

Kaboom the cleanser probably would taste just as good.  Cheesy

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2005, 11:17:02 PM »

freito bandito?  Lora scudder  granny goose  the white tornado. Madge  " brusha brusha brusha new Ipania tooth paste dandy for your teeeeth.

wasn't tony the tiger kettlogs.

See the USA in your Chevrolet America is asking you to call Drive your Chevrolet through the USA  America is the greatest land of all.......

you can be sure if its Westinghouse.

10 2 and 4 dr pepper

to look sharp and feel sharp too get the razor thats right for

whata ya say? Papst blue ribbon whata ya say? Papst blue ribbon , papst blue ribbon beer

We lived in the church we could not have a TV antia on it ( devils tail) but we watched the saturday nite fights at the neighbours.

From the land of sky blue waters

remember the head  with the  rope hammer was the third thing Lighting?

You might be right about Tony the Tiger being Kellogs.  Now I'm confused.

Westinghouse, yea, I remember that one.

You'll look sharp and feel sharp.  Was that Gillette razors?

Pabst Blue Ribbon-----I remember than one, too.

Don't remember a head with a rope hammer.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2005, 11:18:28 PM »

How did I just KNOW you were going to tell me you used flour sacks as dish towels? Wink

I remember jelly with waxed seals but I thought the waxed seals were only on the homemade ones.

I remember my grandmother using cast iron.  She made the best french fries in that skillet.  It was really, really black, the skillet, that is. Roll Eyes

People were so happy to get rid of the heavy cast iron when aluminum pots and pans became popular, then came the stainless steel ones.

PR, your life sounds more like the lives of those who lived in the early 1900's, not late 1900's.  But, I guess you lived on a farm.  We lived in the city.  Actually, it was a very small town.

I just remembered another TV program........The Life of Riley.

My Mom refused to let go of her cast iron. She still had and used them up till she passed away in 1994.

Nope I lived in a very, very small town. My Grandpa lived on a farm. The town was so small we had chickens in the back yard until an ordinance was passed where we couldn't have them anymore.

The jelly with the wax seals came from the local store but they could have been homemade. Once we got some fruit trees growing we made our own the same way.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the