Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:40:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Old TV Shows Remembered
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Old TV Shows Remembered  (Read 50180 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2005, 11:20:14 PM »

Post made Sugar Crisps with Sugar Bear. Sugar Smacks was made by Kelloggs and had a clown, then Smaxey the Seal followed by Quick Draw McGraw. Kelloggs also made Sugar Pops and had Wild Bill, Jingles (Wagon Train) and Pete the Prarie Dog.

Kaboom the cleanser probably would taste just as good.  Cheesy

So, is Tony the Tiger, Post or Kellogs?

Wild Bill Hickcox....Jingles was his sidekick, right?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2005, 11:24:14 PM »

I missed that one ... Tony was Kelloggs Frosted Flakes.

Does anyone remember Ice Boxes. Ice would be delivered in an old panel truck for it. I remember getting our first electric refrigerator with the motor sitting on top.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2005, 11:33:03 PM »

Post made Sugar Crisps with Sugar Bear. Sugar Smacks was made by Kelloggs and had a clown, then Smaxey the Seal followed by Quick Draw McGraw. Kelloggs also made Sugar Pops and had Wild Bill, Jingles (Wagon Train) and Pete the Prarie Dog.

Kaboom the cleanser probably would taste just as good.  Cheesy

So, is Tony the Tiger, Post or Kellogs?

Wild Bill Hickcox....Jingles was his sidekick, right?

Oops, you're right Deputy Marshal Jingles P. Jones (Andy Devine) was Wild Bills side kick (just looked it up to be sure).

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2005, 11:43:32 PM »

I missed that one ... Tony was Kelloggs Frosted Flakes.

Does anyone remember Ice Boxes. Ice would be delivered in an old panel truck for it. I remember getting our first electric refrigerator with the motor sitting on top.

Oh yea, my grandmother had one on her back porch.  The ice man would deliver a huge block of ice.  That ice box had big hinges on it and a latched handle.  She used to use an ice pick to chop up the ice.  I think she may have gotten rid of it when she got a new electric refrigerator.  I'm not remembering the motor on top.  I remember she had a very strange looking stove.  Maybe it was a wood burner.

How about coal furnaces and shoveling it into the furnace. The coal delivery person would dump it down a chute into the cellar coal bin.  Oh my goodness, was that stuff ever dirty.  

How about the paper rags man.  He would come down the street in his horse drawn cart yelling, "paper rags".  He collected paper and rags and sold them, I guess.

And we can't forget about "streetcars".

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2005, 12:00:31 AM »

We had a wood burning stove and got our first gas stove in 1953. It looked almost like the wood burner. Remember coal furnaces? ... 5:30 in the morning feeding and stoking one until the house got warm enough for Mom to get the younger ones up.

I don't remember any paper rags man and our town was to small for a street car. The street cars in the "big city" close to us was done away with in the late 1930s maybe early 40s and I didn't get to go there until 1959. My folks were pretty much home bodies until then as they ran a green house business.

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2005, 07:46:00 AM »

Remember how all TV programs were preempted for the space shots, for the duration of the shot. All channels nothing but the space shot. Our eyes were glued to it at home, at work, in front of TVs in the stores. Now it seems to be not so important as all that.

ollie
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 07:46:42 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2005, 01:38:42 PM »

Remember how all TV programs were preempted for the space shots, for the duration of the shot. All channels nothing but the space shot. Our eyes were glued to it at home, at work, in front of TVs in the stores. Now it seems to be not so important as all that.

ollie

You're right!  I had forgotten.  No, it doesn't seem to be as important..............guess the infancy of everything is what grabs our attention, after that, well, it's old news, I guess.

Grace and peace,
cris

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2005, 01:45:35 PM »

We had a wood burning stove and got our first gas stove in 1953. It looked almost like the wood burner. Remember coal furnaces? ... 5:30 in the morning feeding and stoking one until the house got warm enough for Mom to get the younger ones up.

I don't remember any paper rags man and our town was to small for a street car. The street cars in the "big city" close to us was done away with in the late 1930s maybe early 40s and I didn't get to go there until 1959. My folks were pretty much home bodies until then as they ran a green house business.

Our first gas stove didn't look like a wood burner.  It actually looked modern but it was A VERY HEAVY THING.

Remember the old toasters?  You had to put a slice of bread in each side and watch it very carefully.  Wow, the new "pop up" toasters were wonderful.  We were all fascinated that the toaster now watched itself. Smiley

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2005, 11:52:51 PM »

M&Ms
Double Mint Gum
Grape soda

"RICE-a-roni, the San Francisco Treat!"

"Take Sominex tonight and sleep - safe and restful sleep, sleep, sleep"

Benson & Hedges 101: ("A millimeter longer") there was the guy smoking his 'last' cigarette in front of the firing squad - but it was "a millimeter longer" so the squad was falling asleep waiting for him to finish the cigarette...

I need to go and take some of that Sominex tonight so I can sleep, safe and restful sleep, sleep, sleep.  

I'm on the right coast, you know. Grin

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2005, 12:33:30 AM »

I need to go and take some of that Sominex tonight so I can sleep, safe and restful sleep, sleep, sleep.
cris - I almost replied to your post with a very old "commercial" (oldern days) by a couple of guys called "Cheech & Chong" - but it wouldn't be appropriate for this board.  Grin

(It would have been funny, though!)  Cheesy

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2005, 12:16:45 PM »

cris - I almost replied to your post with a very old "commercial" (oldern days) by a couple of guys called "Cheech & Chong" - but it wouldn't be appropriate for this board.  Grin

(It would have been funny, though!)  Cheesy

Not appropriate for this board? Wink   WELL, you could have IM'd me. Grin Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2005, 09:47:23 PM »

Anyone else remember the Mod Squad, or The Roy Rogers Show? Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2005, 03:34:42 PM »

Dreamweaver,

I remember them well, especially the Roy Rogers Show. I probably saw every episode and movie ever made by Roy Rogers. Mom and dad never had any questions about whether something Roy Rogers did would be clean and wholesome for kids to watch.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 1:30-31 ASV  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who was made unto us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption:  that, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2005, 05:54:36 PM »

Oh yeah, Roy Rogers used to be on TV on Saturday mornings.  My brother got up every Sat. morning at 6:00 to watch ALL the cowboy shows.  Couldn't get him up on school days at 7:00, though. Grin  I remember Roy, Dale, Pat (Ithink that was his name, Roy's sidekick) and Nelliebell (the jeep).  Both Roy and Dale were reborn Christians.  I watched them a few times on TBN.  

The Mod Squad...............well, I just remember that Peggy Lipton was the lead female in that series.  Can't remember too much more.  She disappeared after that series ended.  Then, probably about 6 years ago, I saw her in a made for TV movie.  Haven't seen hide nor hair of her since.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2005, 10:21:01 PM »

Roy Rogers "King of the Cowboys". Born as Leonard Slye who started out in the  "Sons of the Pioneers".

Roy Rogers had many different sidekicks. Smiley Burnette as Frog Milhouse. Andy Devine as Cookie. Pat Brady as himself with Nellybelle.

I watched everyone of his shows if not the first run at least on reruns.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the