Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:11:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  tongues????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: tongues????  (Read 6798 times)
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2005, 05:03:46 AM »

1Co 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying. 1Co 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying. 1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of 1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

Some one must be able to tell this kind or we should not be talking .
This is one tongues

this is another
1Co 14:18 I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: 1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
THis is another tongue .This is a persons spirit for that person .because we do not know ,the needs of our spirit .the flesh on earth do not know this tongue .it is from GOD

this is another
Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Act 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Act 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Act 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
Act 2:12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?
Act 2:13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.
Act 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
Act 2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

The 2nd one is the only one I have spoken in and do

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 04:30:52 AM »

Gary,
I'm glad you speak with tongues. Do you speak in tongues privately but not in Church?
In Church we are not to speak in tongues if there is no interpreter.
In the private speaking in tongues you edify yourself. Your mind does not understand but you are edified.
In the Church he who prophesies is greater than he who speaks in tongues because the Church is edified.
Tongues plus interpretation equals prophesying.
Every incident in the Bible where someone spoke in tongues, the tongue was an earthly language. It's ironic that most tongue talking today is alledgedly in an angelic language. Why do you suppose this is so?
I think that most of what we get today is not authentic. They say it's angelic because of one verse that Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 13. "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels..."
Angelic tongues cannot be verified for who knows an angelic language? But give me a person who speaks in an earthly language that he has not learned and verify it by someone who knows the language and I will show you something genuine.
This is what happened at Pentecost. They spoke in languages of the Jews from around the world. They were understood by them and therefore verified genuine. I beleive God can use tongues today but I have not personally witnessed it.
Private tongues do not need an interpreter, you are simply edifying your self. Be sure before God that you are truly speaking from the Spirit. We should always be honest before God and ask Him to confirm to us that our tongues are real and not fabricated.
All things by faith.
God Bless,
asaph  

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 06:51:46 AM »

Brother ,here is what took place with me .I wondered at the start for a long time .Then I believed .Then I thought for some reason .GOD wasc not going to give me this ,and gave up .
Then I went to the altar and Told the LORD .I don"t care if YOU give me anything .I will LOVE and serve YOU anyway .Then I heard words I never heard before .Think it was some one else ?I looked all around me .Then I saw ?It was me .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 11:01:57 PM »

It is very simple, really.  In all the examples when tongues was given in Acts, it was not asked for or prayed for, and there is no example of a private prayer language being given to anyone.  

Rom 8:26 " the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered"  means exactly that - it is not an uttered or spoken language.  Look up the strong's - this verse is taught in error to support a private prayer language.

if you are praying in a private prayer language you are being deceived - the enemy comes masquerading as an angel of light.  I was there, so I know how it feels and I also know why it happened to me.  I thought it was God, but it was a seducing spirit.  Please understand, this is deception.  Do the research.

shalom, nana

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 12:47:10 AM »

You don"t know much about the things of the HOLY SPIRIT ?Everything recieved from the HOLY SPIRIT is spiritual ,it comes from GOD .Not have this world .As when BORN OF GOD ?We take on HIS NATURE .As we then are HIS KIDS . We then are spirits like ,HE IS .We take on the mind or thoughts of JESUS CHRIST .
You SEE ?When BORN OF GOD .We are NO LONGER of the earth .But are still in these bodys ,But we have a new body waiting on us .We get confused ?Because we still judge after the weak flesh .Not seeing our new spirit ?We do not understanding it ,nor see it .But live BY FAITH . We want to understand things in the flesh .But this is not possiable ?because the things of the HOLY SPIRIT are not fleshy . We have it back wards ?The spirit [our spirit ] But be in control !This is what the bible calls ?Walking in the spirit [our spirit ] Led by HIS .Which is automatic ?Because our new spirit ,desires to serve our LORD JESUS CHRIST .It is the real us !It is what goes to the FATHER ,along with our soul or mind .same  Which our mind needs renewed ,or takes on the mind of JESUS CHRIST . Many things we need to know ?Can only be revealed though FAITH by HIS SPIRIT . We ask in FAITH ?We will receive ! The one tongue I have spoke in .Is my spirit praying to the FATHER for my spiritual needs .I can not see ,nor understand my spiritual needs .I only see the flesh .Which is here for a short time .Then it dies .But I never die .I am forever more .I go right to the LORD at death or shedding of this weak flesh . With out the spirit of TRUTH ?We can only understand a little .Never coming to a full understanding of TRUTh .

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 12:03:01 PM »

The problem with that premise, Gary - is that you are saying that God wasted His time giving us minds - We have the mind of Christ - which means our minds work together with the Holy Spirit, not against Him - once you are generated of Spirit and Water.

We are to pray with our minds.  The Holy Spirit gives us thoughts and things to pray for.  Many times I have been praying and God gives me things to pray for that I would have never thought of - that is praying in the Spirit.

There are no scriptures in the NT that say praying in the Spirit is praying in some jibberish language to God.

Spirituality is *how* you live - your mind set.  It comes from a continual persuit of  Godliness and holiness - cleansed by the washing of the water of THE WORD.  It is not some ethereal manifestation by which we "feel" God or His presence.

Knowing God, imitating Jesus Christ all comes from spending time with Him - not "in the Spirit" [we are the temple of the HS - he does not come and go] - it is a spiritual premise - not a physical one [we can't see it, feel it, taste it, hear it, or "experience it".

You are transferring the spiritual to a physical manifestation and there is absolutely no scriptural grounds for that.  Being in the Spirit is simply being right with God, allowing Him to reign, and seeking His will in all things.  That is true spirituality - not running around jibbering a bunch of syllables that mean nothing.  That is exactly what Jesus was referring to saying that a repetitive prayer is what the heathens do.

I believed the same things you do, Gary - but what God showed me is that I was trying to live a life out of my own self serving righteousness thinking that all my doing "in the Spirit" was godly - in fact it was interferring with His work in me, not transforming and renewing me into His image.

When you seek for a spiritual manifestation such as tongues, and hang your complete life in God on that - you are being deceived.  I also spoke in tongues believing I was speaking some holy language to God - then I discovered that the tongues manifestation was brought to this country by men who had incepted in from satanic tribes in Africa and TAUGHT people how to do tongues - this is of satan, not God.  That spirit is within the whole movement that promotes this teaching.

Do you understand, Gary - that the movement that started the tongues thing here in the USA was started by men who do not believe that Jesus is God?  That His death on the cross was not enough - that He had to go to hell, take on the nature of satan and be tormented by demons in order to fulfill the sin sacrifice?  then God raised Him from the dead - He was reborn as "a" god.  This is a false gospel.  That means that EVERYTHING they teach is wrapped in lies and deception, no matter how much truth it appears to have.  This is where the seducing spirit came from which has given birth to the tongue movement in this country.

When you submit yourself to this spirit - and it is a seducing spirit - you will speak in tongues regardless if you are a believer or not - because the gospel you came to belief in is NOT THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST - it is another gospel.  It is there to pull you away from God, not to bring you closer to Him.  You get hung up on the tongues, believing that God can't work without it.  That in order for Him to do anything in your life you have to do this jabber thing for Spirituality.  That is SO contrictory to the message of the Gospel.

Can there be true believers in this movement?  Yes, by the grace of God - and some as ones escaping as through the flames.  I was there once.  I know it was the grace of God that showed me His truth in His Holy Word and saved me from a life of continued deception.

As long as you continue to jabber in tongues, your eyes will be blinded to the truth.  May God have mercy on you and may you strive to seek Him with all your heart for His truth.

shalom, nana
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 12:06:52 PM by MalkyEL » Logged

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 12:03:27 AM »

I know nothing about movements ,could care less .What I know is tongues are real and for all HIS kids .At least the one where our spirit prays for us . Another thing is WHEN ,we are borbn of GOD ?Our spirit is made perfect ..As you know ?if we walk in our new spirit ?We will not sin . We have power over the holy spirit in ourv lifes .HE can do nothing or very little ,unless we let HIm .God does not force us to learn or grow .We MUST make the effort . I use the HOLY spirit for everything in my life .ASKING HIM things all the time .Every time i lose or misplace something ?I must ASK HIM to show me where .Som,e times it takes a day or two .But HE always shows me or teaches me whatever .You SEE ?Our minds aere dumb .They are not smart at all .The wisest man on earth is dumb .HOW can we be wise in the things of the HOLY SPIRIT ?With out HIS TEACHINMGS .We only know a little about earth .much less heaven or even our spirit .As we do not see it .Yet it is our main being .our mind must be renewed ,to take on the thoughts or mind of JESUS CHRIST .We can hardley see ,what is in front of us ?Much less tomorrow .Which HE sees EVERYTHING . And will teach us EVERYTHING ,At least as we can receieve it ? This is growing in our spirit .HE slowly teaches us and we slowly take on the mind or thoughts of CHRIST JESUS .GOD WANTS the same thiong ,HE always wanted ?A personal relationship with us .HE has not changed .JUst revealed more and bought us to a more perfect place .Tongues the gifts and much more has not changed .Mens minds have .You know JESUS said ?When I return ?Will I find FAITH on the earth .This is the only thing ,I know of HE was concerned about .Would we have FAITH .Because the JUST live by FAITH .With out it ?We are dead .And HE gave each of us a measure to start with ?Enogh to move any mountain .Yet the longer most live ?The less theyb seem to have ?I think they listen to others ?Then start living in disbelief ?What do yiou think ?

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 12:18:43 AM »

To be honest, Gary - I think you are seeking the feeling and without it you may not have faith at all.  All of your dependence on the Holy Spirit is that He doing something for you all the time.

Just as an experiment, stop praying in tongues, stop expecting a feeling and a physical manifestation of God for a week.  Depend solely on the faith that God has given you to lead you into His truth without all the bells and whistles.  Then you will know what faith truly is  Smiley

True faith is believing God by, in, and through His Word alone.

shalom, nana   Cool

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 12:33:18 AM »

Brother ,You don"t see clearly .FAITH ?I been dead 2 times .at least 2 more times they said I would be dead unless I trusted the doctors .I trusted MY LORD . I been healed SO MANY TIMES in FAITH .I RECEIVED MY WIFE in faith .SHE did not even like me .My kids .She could not have kids .I told her how to pray to receive .My home .I prayed and got it .Everything in my life ,I mean every thing I got by FAITh .This is one thing ,You are real wrong about .I have FAITH enough for a number of people .I really believe . I"ll tell you how much FAITH I have ?The LORD told me a while back ,not to seek wealth .BECAUSE HE KNOWS I HAVE FAITH too RECEIVE ANYTHING ON EARTH . My wife tells me all the time ,I will be rich .But I tell HER the LORD does not want this for me .But She SEES ,how I receive of MY LORD JESUS CHRIST .Not because I am MORE THAN ANOTHER ?NO ,But because I believe GODS LIVING WORD .FEW believe more than me .But thetre is a reason for this ?I never had anyone on earth .I always had to depend on HIm .It was  wonderful trap .I THANK GOD FOR THIS .My boy was dead and my mother .I prayed for them !They came back . Faith ,I broke my ankel a while back . The next day it looked worse .I said ,LORD YOU going to heal this ?HE said ?You going to step out in FAITh .I said yes LORD .Boy it hurt .But by the next day .I was walking great .But it still looked bad .So if I went by looks .I would still have a problem .But I have many greater healings . Come at me some other way ?I have MUCH FAITH .

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 01:43:13 PM »

Faith in God has nothing to do with believing God for healing, for things, for manifestations.   The grace and faith of God alone blesses us.

Even Paul, who had much more faith than all of us put together could not be healed.  Neither could Timothy or Miletus.

You are equating faith with getting.

Faith is simply believing in God.  That He exists.  That He is the Messiah.  That He is our Provider.  That He will do as He chooses in our lives, not because we ask, but because it is His will.

The teachings of faith throughout the NT are not to "get" for ourselves, but for the transformation of our spirituality.  

When Jesus healed because of a person's faith, it was not because they believed He could heal, but because they believed He was the Messiah.  And if He healed and they did not understand it, the healing was to open their eyes to the truth of His Messiahship.

Many thousands of Christians are ill, mentally and physically disabled and incapacitated.  This does not mean they lack faith.  It means that God is using them for another purpose and that illness is being used by God to cause them to be dependent on Him alone.

Only God knows the heart and His perfect will and desire is to get us in complete and total oneness with Him - in Spirit, first of all.  Healing comes that we may carry out the will of God in our lives, but often times, we do the will of God in spite of our illness or physical disabilities, because it is by His strength alone that we endure.

Does God heal when we pray?  Yes, often times He does.  But often times He does not.  And it can be the same person.  Does that mean the person lacks faith?  No.  It is not our faith that heals. It is the faith of God, the ability and desire of God to heal for His purpose.

It bothers me extremely that you believe God wants people wealthy and in complete health.  That is deception plain and simple.  

There was a time [when I was under that spirit of deception that claimed God would heal because I said so] that I fell and twisted my ankle and believed in faith that God would heal me.  I had NO doubt that He could and continued to walk on it quoting many verses and confessing my healing.  Yes, it eventually healed on its own after several months.  It probably would have healed faster if I had not been so stubborn and gone to a doctor and had it x-rayed and wrapped.  Instead, I suffered greatly for a long time because I believed God could heal me when it obviously was not His will to do it "in faith", but to get the medical help I needed.

Many people have died and been crippled for life because they "believed in faith" for their healing.  This kind of doctrine is not Biblical.

satan is very capable of healing and will heal in Jesus' Name to keep you in captivity.  In the end times - which are now - he will be able to do signs and wonders far greater than we can imagine and it is possible that it is under his spirit by which you are being healed, not God's - even if you are professing that God is the Healer.  

I fear that you are missing much spiritual understanding, for you are bent on getting from God, not just being content with God alone and expecting nothing from Him but His will.

shalom, nana

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 04:55:56 PM »

The just LIVE BY FAITH .With out it ?We are dead in the water .Of course I look to receive of GOD ,by FAITh .And I do . You have NO IDEA ,How important FAITh is in our lifes . We receive EVERYTHING by FAITh . I can tell ?No signs follow you ?You never experiance much from GOd .Because of unbelief ?Unbelief is a killer ?With out FAITh ,we can not be3 BORN OF GOD .All the great things done by the LORd in mens lifes ,would never have been done .Sure I receive by Faith .And will keep on receiveing until I die .And then even more .But I will say ?We need to be careful and be in GODS WILL .
But YOU nEED FAITH .You will never receive ,with out believing ,that HE want to give too us ,Every good thing . I never believed ?I would ever meet anyone ?Who did not want to receive by FAITh .As this is the main thing in our walk .You can not receive from the HOLY SPIRIT ?Without FAITH As ALL things are spiritually discerned and received by fAITH.  Because we do not see them ,when we get them ?What we see ?Is the results
We accept by faith !The step out in FAITH .GOD WANTS TO BLESS YOU .HE is no repecter of persons .What HE has done for others ?He will do for you .But you must believe thses things are real .Then you must by FAITh receive them . FAITh is the key .We do not need to understand ?But we MUST HAVE FAITH . I would have NOTHING ,with out FAITh .No kids ,no wife ,no home .no business ,Not even my life .Would have been dead many years ago . Never be ashamed to expect anything or anything from GOD .In fact ?SEEK to receive from HIm .IT is HIS pleasure to BLESS ,HIS KIDS .As we desire too bless our kids . It brings HIM joy to bless us .HE wants us to have everything good .

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 10:17:07 PM »

sorry, hun - I want nothing from God but Himself.

Phil 3:7 But whatever things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 But no, rather, I also count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them to be dung, so that I may win Christ
9 ¶ and be found in Him; not having my own righteousness, which is of the Law, but through the faith of Christ, the righteousness of God by faith,
10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable to His death;
11 if by any means I might attain to the resurrection of the dead.
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect, but I am pressing on, if I may lay hold of that for which I also was taken hold of by Christ Jesus.
13 My brothers, I do not count myself to have taken possession, but one thing I do , forgetting the things behind and reaching forward to the things before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

shalom, nana

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 11:05:18 PM »

REally ?I want any thing from GOD .I don"t care what it is .I greedly want it .As I told HIm once ?LORD I want anything from YOU .As I KNOW it will be a great blessing . You know how a dad is with HIS kids ?A dad WANTS TO BLESS HIS KIDS .And GOD IS THE BEST DAD EVER . I once got a couple new t.v. .I ask the LORd ?Where are the controlers .I need them .It took a couple of weeks .But I got them free too .But I expect ,GOD to BLESS ME always .Well I don"t really care about one thing on this earth for me .As everything is always for someone else .My wife told me today .What can I give you ,you would want ?I said ?I don"t want anything on earth .But I love the LORd to give me things .Not that I really want them .I just like knowing ,HE thinks of me a lot .

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 12:15:19 AM »

God sent His Son, Jesus, to purchase my redemption with His blood.  It was an extreme price.  He owes me nothing, but I owe Him everything - and a debt I cannot pay.

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005, 08:47:09 AM »

NO you can not pay for this ?But what you can do ?Is accept everything the LORD has for you .That righteous thinking stinks .You have no right to rejecvt anything from GOD .As if you are dealing with you ?HE desires you to have everything .You MUST ASK !And receive .This is What OUR LORD teaches .HE says ASK .So do it ! It is HIS PLEASURE to give to us .Your thinking is wrong .Repent and receive .Who are we to reject or not receive ,What OUR LORD DESIRES TO GIVE .
How would you feel ?If your child said DADDY NO I want nothing .I refuse to accept ? think about it .I do not mean to be harsh .But pride keeps us from receiving .self righteouness .Be humble and .say with in your heart ?I want ALL MY LORD wANTS ME TO HAVE .Because just as We want our childern is ask and thank us ?Our FATHER is the same .That youir JOY may be full .That you have MUCH to share with others .How can you Share ?if you have NOTHING .Havev MORE than you need to BLESS OTHERS .I know You LOVE our LORD .But ,RECEIVE all the LORD IS WILLING TOO GIVE .We are ki8ds of the KING .He owns everything .and HE desires to bless ,HIS CHILDERN .Will we let HIm ?or say I will not receive ? HE said ASK that your JOY MAY BE FULL ! You must come as a child ?think like a child ?Would a child refuse to ask ?of course not . YOU MUST RECEIVE EVERY GIFT HE HAS FOR YOU .including the SPIRITUAL GIFTS ,by FAITH . I don"t argue ?It is UP too YOU ? Only you KNOW ,how far you are willing to go with TRUTH ? Don"t lean toward your understanding .ACCEPT GODS WORD WITHOUT THOUGHT .THEN ,these things can be revealed ,by THE HOLY GHOST .Which is ,HIS JOB .HE WILL GLADLY REVEAL TRUTH .if you forget your teaching from the WORLD .LOVINGLY your brother in the LORD .

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the