Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:58:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  tongues????
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tongues????  (Read 6771 times)
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2005, 11:05:33 PM »

DO you understand ?When BORN OF GOD .We are no longer iof the earth ! We are childern of GOD .Our home is no longer here . Our spirits home is new jerusalem .Out there in spaxce headed here to pick up HIS CHURCH .We are NEW CREATURES .EVERYTHING BECOMES NEW .NOT JUST A COUPLE OF THINGS .EVERYTHING .Now I knopw this is a hard thing to see ?But when EVERYTHING BECOMES NEW TO US ?it is beyond our little minds in the natural to understand .
2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
. Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of GOD
3:5  And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jo 3:6  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jo 3:7  Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jo 3:8  He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jo 3:9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

LOTS of people can not receive these scriptures ? because they believe they are sinners .But then ?What to do with them .I say believe them .BECAUSE THEY ARE TRUTH .

Because when born of GOD ?How can we be anything but PERFECT IN OUR SPIRIT .
Joh 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
We really need to know who we are in the LORD .

Gal 5:17  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
because one is sin full ,the other perfect .
1Jo 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1Jo 3:3  And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. 1Jo 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Itb doesn"t appear ,Because we can not SEE our new born of GOD SPIRIT .
2Co 4:18  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Mat 18:18  Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Joh 20:23  Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
This is a powerful scripture to receive ,even for me ?

Gary,
You quote many scriptures, but they seem to be off the subject of speaking in tongues.
A person is born again when they accept Christ as their Savior. Tongues have nothing to do with salvation.
We are saved by grace through faith. (Eph.2:8-9)
We are justified through faith. (Rom.5:1-3)
Rom.10:9-10  "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved. "For it is with the heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."
The little gospel? Please read Jn.3:16 Smiley

God bless you,
bluelake

P.S. !Cor.12;28-30
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2005, 12:21:56 AM »

Yes that is how we are saved .Saved is born of GOD a new birth .You know it when it takes place .
Mar 16:17  And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Joh 7:38  He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
bluelake

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2005, 01:29:02 PM »

Gary,
You didn't reply to my question about glossolalia and angelic utterances.
The passages concerning drinking poison and picking up snakes? How do you interpret these passages?

Blessings,
bluelake
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2005, 03:24:21 PM »

I"ve only spoke to 2 angels in my life and they spoke english to me .As far as speaking in tongues ,I assume it is the words the LORD spoke before HE made the earth .I have no idea what my spirit is saying to my LORD JESUS CHRIST .But I know ?Only good things can come from the LORD and any gift ,HE will give me ?I gladly recieve .Even if I do not understyand as with things I have recieved of HIm ? But I would tell HIm ?LORD let me experiance every good thing from you .Help me to rwecieve .HE will bless you ,When you let HIm and are able to recieve .As we hold back the HOLY SPIRIT from doing all ,HE would like too in our lifes .As Wwe can not see the signs and wonders until our minds are in the right thinking as the LORD JESUS CHRISTS mind is .In other wards ,when we can more fully take on the mind of JESUS CHRIST .When we are walking in our spirit ,led by HIS .Which HE is willing always !But you see ?We must walk in our spirit ?Because that is who we truly are .Not this weak flesh .But yet We can do greatr things in this flesh .As peter walked on water and phillup was translated and more beyond our little minds .As YOU KNOW .All things become new !Nothing is impossable in CHRIST JESUS .We are only limited by our faith .And of course ,HIS LEADING .But HE is willing in most everything .Your words become truth .Be
careful of what you speak .There is nothing good ,the HOLY SPIRIT will not teach you or show you or even give you .Everything on the earth is ours .HE said ASK ,that your joy may be full .BUT please always ask if in HIS will ! Many problems are in being rich .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the