Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:08:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  tongues????
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: tongues????  (Read 6801 times)
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005, 08:50:04 AM »

DO you SEE ?what jacob did to receive a BLESSING ?GOD LOVES THIS ! HE WAS WITH HIM ALL THE WAY . Because nothing means more to some .That too receive from GOD ANYTHING .DO you want this in your life ?or reject the BLESSINGS .I say SEEK THE BLESSING ,ANY BLESSINGS .Then share them .Just MY UNDERSTANDING ?

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005, 08:51:20 AM »

I want nothing from God but Himself.

MalkyEL, why reject gifts from someone you love Huh
God offers them, and you say nope, I only want you  Huh
Does this mean a purer, bigger, stronger, love or belief on your part than the rest of us have for God  Huh

Not much need to add to this conversation, Gary is right on target with the Word, and his faith is a blessing to me!  It just begs the question,  for all those who reject spiritual gifts, why bring condemation on those who accept them wholeheartedly.
As for me, I want ALL God has to offer, so I can better serve and worship Him.  

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 09:03:55 AM »

BLESS YOU DOUBLE SHYLynne .THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS REVEALED THIS TO YOU .MAY OUR LORD GIVE YOU A SPECIAL BLESSING <IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST ,I PRAY .THANK YOU MY FATHER GOD .

lean not to your own understanding ,the just live by faith ,you do not need to be taught of any man ,the HOLY  SPIRIT will teach you everything .We are NEW CREATURES IN CHRIST JESUS .NOT OF THIS WORLD .WE ARE AS OUR LORD .HE WILL RETURN SOON FOR HIS BRIDE .Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2005, 09:19:01 AM »

Thank you Gary, I needed a double blessing today!  Cheesy
I pray that you are renewed in the Spirit also and, "That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." 1Co 2:5  

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned. 1Co2:12-14

« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 09:24:59 AM by Shylynne » Logged

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 10:03:23 AM »

Jesus said - seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven and all these things shall be added unto you.

All that God's gives me is His grace.  I never refuse what He gives me.  It is all about Him, not me.  I don't need faith to receive from God.  He provides for my needs - because He knows my needs before I ask.  In other words - He will provide because He is my God.

Jesus also said not to worry about food or clothing because God would provide those things for me.

My desire is to serve God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Whatever He gives me is for His purpose that I may be dependent on Him for everything, day by day.

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:14 PM »

Joh 16:24  Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
DO you believe this ?

Heb 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Heb eb 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Mat 18:18  Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
LOOK AT THE POWER OF OUR WORDS ?

Joh 16:26  At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
HE will pray too the father for our wants or needs .

ph 3:16  That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17  That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18  May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19  And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Eph 3:20  Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Eph 3:12  In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2005, 05:07:06 PM »

nice scripts, Gary.

For me, they mean spiritual blessings, not material.  Material blessings come by the grace of God when, if, and how He wills, not by my demand or desire or need, but His alone.  

ps: the binding and loosing script does not refer to getting and getting - that is in reference to church leadership in deciding matters of judgment against or for individuals that appear to have done wrong.

Be mindful of the prisoners, as having been bound with them; of those ill-treated, as also being in the body yourselves.  Hebrews 13:3
irene

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2005, 05:20:54 PM »

Can I just come in here? What is meant here?

1Co 14:1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
1Co 14:2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. NKJV

1Co 14:20 Brethren, do not be children [immature] in your thinking; continue to be babes in [matters of] evil, but in your minds be mature [men].
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2005, 05:43:41 PM »

Irene wrote:

Can I just come in here? What is meant here?

1Co 14:1 Pursue love, and desire spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
1Co 14:2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries. NKJV

nana:
vs 1)  pursue love/charity, and desire things that are spiritual [the word gift does not appear in the original greek] but rather that you may prophesy - speak what God has given you, or it could mean to teach - per strong's

vs)  speaking in a tongue means speaking in a dialect that is known to those who speak that dialect, but if you speak and no one is there that understands or can interpret that dialect no one will understand him, but God, so it is a mystery to the speaker and the hearer.

vs 3 & 4)  But the one prophesying to men speaks for building up, and encouragement, and comfort.
4 The one speaking in a tongue builds himself up, but he prophesying builds up an assembly.

again, prophesying could mean teaching as well as words from God.  speaking in a tongue builds up someone because they are witnessing in an unknown tongue/dialect that they cannot understand, therefore, if no one understands the dialect, it is not building up the asssembly, but prophesying or teaching does build up the assembly because they understand the dialect.

ps: tongue means dialect - a known language, not a spiritual etherial angelic language.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 05:45:44 PM by MalkyEL » Logged

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2005, 07:33:28 PM »

There is a heavenly language ,Not of this earth .Before man kind .What do you think was spoken in heaven ?Nothing from here .So this is from GOD .It is not worth argueing about .because it is spiritually discerned .Our natural MIND can not understand this .As with ALL thiongs given by the SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD .This little world has nothing great to reveal too man .nothing here saves or even blesses for any amount of time .To compare anything here with something from HIM .is not in TRUTh .As these things are SO below those things .of course we do it ,because we can only SEE these things ,when not where we should be ,with HIm .Now not everyone born of GOD .is all knowing .I include me .But slowly we take on the thoughts of our LORD .then our eyes are opened a little more .

MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2005, 08:20:53 PM »

Gary,
  You are missing my point.  I did not say there wasn't a heavenly language, I said we do not speak one here.  If it is a heavenly language it is in Heaven, not on earth.  If it was a heavenly language on earth, it would no longer be heavenly Smiley

the tongues the disciples spoke was a dialect - a known language of a nation on earth.

tongues  #1100  glossa

1) the tongue, a member of the body, an organ of speech
2) a tongue
a) the language or dialect used by a particular people distinct from that of other nations

shalom, nana

Reba
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2005, 10:09:35 PM »

Spent all my youth in a penticostal church Dad a AofG preacher..... Boy was i suprised to find out heavenly language is not a scriptural term.
MalkyEL

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2005, 10:21:21 PM »

Spent all my youth in a penticostal church Dad a AofG preacher..... Boy was i suprised to find out heavenly language is not a scriptural term.

BINGO!!!   Grin

Most of these "doctrines" get started by people who desire to offer "deep" revelatory "mysteries" that are for the spiritually elite - thus tickling the ears and making God's Word something that is full of mysticism and only those who are given specific "knowledge" of these things [via the Holy Spirit] and are given "light" while others are considered less spiritual, walking in "darkness".  
Been there, done that.  YUK . . .

shalom, nana

gary cook

born again

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2005, 11:24:54 PM »

DO you understand ?When BORN OF GOD .We are no longer iof the earth ! We are childern of GOD .Our home is no longer here . Our spirits home is new jerusalem .Out there in spaxce headed here to pick up HIS CHURCH .We are NEW CREATURES .EVERYTHING BECOMES NEW .NOT JUST A COUPLE OF THINGS .EVERYTHING .Now I knopw this is a hard thing to see ?But when EVERYTHING BECOMES NEW TO US ?it is beyond our little minds in the natural to understand .
2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
. Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of GOD
3:5  And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jo 3:6  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jo 3:7  Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jo 3:8  He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jo 3:9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

LOTS of people can not receive these scriptures ? because they believe they are sinners .But then ?What to do with them .I say believe them .BECAUSE THEY ARE TRUTH .

Because when born of GOD ?How can we be anything but PERFECT IN OUR SPIRIT .
Joh 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
We really need to know who we are in the LORD .

Gal 5:17  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
because one is sin full ,the other perfect .
1Jo 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1Jo 3:3  And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. 1Jo 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Itb doesn"t appear ,Because we can not SEE our new born of GOD SPIRIT .
2Co 4:18  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Mat 18:18  Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Joh 20:23  Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
This is a powerful scripture to receive ,even for me ?

Reba
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2005, 02:14:37 AM »

Heb 12:22-23

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
KJV
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the