Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:56:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A reason to vote for President Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A reason to vote for President Bush  (Read 5346 times)
DeLenn

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2004, 10:48:39 PM »

is to move towards stopping the killing of unborn babies. There have been 44 million abortions in the U.S and over 4000 a day.  I have a site at http://clinicquotes.topcities.com which contains a huge list of quotes from current and former abortion clinic staff and doctors about the abortion 'business.' It's a real eye opener for anyone who cares about this issue. That is where the following quotes come from.  With justice Renquist ill with cancer and all of the Supreme Court Justices near retirement age, there will most likely be openings in the Supreme Court for the next president to fill.  John Kerry supports abortion and will add justices to the Supreme Court who will ensure it stays legal for the forseeable future.

Some quotes from the site:

"It [the unborn] is a form of life...This has to be killing...The question then becomes "is this kind of killing justifiable? In my own mind, it is justifiable..."
--abortionist quoted in "Democrat and Chronicle" 7/5/92
----------------------------------------------------------
I wanted to be the world’s best abortionist, for the good of my patients. If I was going to do this, I was going to do it right. So, after I met each patient, reviewed the medical information gathered by my nurse, examined the patient and performed the abortion, I would then carefully sift through the remains to be sure all the parts were accounted for. I had to find four extremities (two arms and two legs) a spine, a skull, and the placenta, or my patient would suffer later from an incomplete abortion...My attention was so focused on my perceived patient that I managed to deny that there were, in fact, two patients involved- the expectant mother and a very small child...I had to wonder, how can having a child be so wrong for some people that they will pay me to end its life?"
--former abortionist Dr. McMillan "How One Doctor Changed Her Mind About Abortion" Focus on the Family, Colorado Springs
-----------------------------------------------------
"No one, neither the patient receiving an abortion, nor the person doing the abortion, is ever, at anytime, unaware that they are ending a life..."
--Abortion provider William F Harrison, MD, FACOG, from the essay "Why I Provide Abortions" 1996.
---------------------------------------------------
From “Berkeley Medical Journal” Spring 1995 Edition “The Abortionist” by LeoWang

"Abortion is killing the fetus....Human life, in and of itself, is not sacred. Human life, per se, is not inviolate." --abortionist Dr. Smith
-----------------------------------------------------------
In the book "Abortion: Debating the Issue" (New York:Enslow Publishing, Inc., 1995) Nancy Day quotes abortionist Dr. Ed Jones, who had worked at a Planned Parenthood Clinic for 4 years at the time of the interview, saying the following:

"This can burn you out very, very quickly...not so much by the physical labor as the emotional part of what's going on. When you do an ultraound, particularly if you have children, and you see a fetus there, kicking, moving, living, doing things that your own child does, bringing it's thumb to its mouth, and things like that- it's difficult. Then, after the procedure, sometimes we have to actually look at the specimen, and you see arms and legs and things like that torn off...It does take an emotional toll."
From "Abortion at Work: Ideology and Practice in a Feminist Clinic" by Wendy Simonds. New Brunswick: Rutgers University Press, 1996. Quotes from clinic workers:

"It's just- I mean it looks like a baby. It looks like a baby. And especially if you get one that comes out, that's not piecemeal. And you know, I saw this one, and it had its fingers in its mouth...it makes me really sad that that had to happen, you know, but it doesn't change my mind. It's just hard. And it makes me just sort of stop and feel sad about it, the whole necessity of it. And also....it's very warm when it comes into the sterile room because it's been in the mother's stomach. It feels like flesh, you know..."

"At nine weeks...you start seeing fetal parts. And by the second trimester it's, you know, it's a baby, and by eighteen weeks it's definitely a baby. And by like, you know, twenty-two weeks, you go in and you watch someone do a sonogram, and you're like, "Oh my." There it is just moving, moving around. And it's really hard because I always thought of abortion in terms of just the woman, just her body."

"You're looking between the woman's legs; you're seeing, you know, what the doctor's doing. And it's what a lot of people would call kind of, I guess, gruesome- that's not really the word because- it's identifiable. I mean, when he...takes the forceps and pulls out a foot, you can see the foot, and my reaction- because I feel so strongly that women who want to have a twenty week abortion should be able to have that- but I mean when I look and was just like, you know, my first reaction was, you know, I was pretty horrified."

"So by it looking like a baby, you're associating it with yourself because...you used to be a baby, you used to be a fetus."

"...when you're, you know, putting a fetus's feet in over its head in a baggie, there's just this brief moment of "This could have been me," which I fundamentally believe is okay. She should have the right to choose..."

"...it looks like a baby, That's what it looks like to me. You've never seen anything else that looks like that. The only other thing you've ever seen is a baby...You can see a face and hands, and ears and eyes and, you know...feet and toes...It bothered me real bad the first time..."

"I think the tough part was seeing actual pieces of fetus being removed..And in the beginning, yes, I remember looking, standing behind this woman's shoulder [as she performed an early second- trimester-abortion] and thinking, "I can't do this...There's something emotionally upsetting about this..Features are discernible; you can count five fingers on a hand and five toes on a foot. You know, all the organ systems are formed. You know, you can see ears as structures, and the nose and eyes as structures...I have gotten to the point now that because I've been doing this work five months, four months, I look at it a little differently. I don't see the same things that I did. And, honestly, when I sit down to do one of these now, I am watching to be sure that I'm getting everything that I need to get. It's 'Do I have two lower extremities? Do I have two upper extremities? Is t here a spine? ...and the skull?...It does become a bit routine after a while. I don't fear it."

"I hate it when people put it together to look like a baby. I
hate that...I don't want to look like it when its like that because it's like a broken doll, and that grosses me out."

From the author: "Many health workers told me they 'never look at the face' when processing tissue."
---------------------------------------------------------
John Kerry fully supports partial birth abortion, a procedure where a live infant is delivered except for the head and then killed.  One formerly pro-choice nurse who worked at The Women's Center where abortions are performed described what she saw before the Supreme Court.  From the sworn testimony of Brenda Pratt Shafer, RN:

"I stood at the doctor’s side and watched him perform a partial-birth abortion on a woman who was six months pregnant. The baby’s heartbeat was clearly visible on the ultrasound screen. The doctor delivered the baby’s body and arms, everything but his little head. The baby’s body was moving. His little fingers were clasping together. He was kicking his feet. The doctor took a pair of scissors and inserted them into the back of the baby’s head, and the baby’s arms jerked out in a flinch, a startle reaction, like a baby does when he thinks that he might fall. Then the doctor opened the scissors up. Then he stuck the high-powered suction tube into the hole and sucked the baby’s brains out. Now the baby was completely limp. I never went back to the clinic. But I am still haunted by the face of that little boy. It was the most perfect, angelic face I have ever seen."
Do we want to elect as our president a man who supports this kind of killing?  I hope not.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 06:56:03 AM »

Wow! Your site has LOTS in it! And it's sad that there's so much to put in it!  Undecided

But this gave me a chuckle!:

Grin

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 04:51:50 PM »

Wow! Your site has LOTS in it! And it's sad that there's so much to put in it!  Undecided

But this gave me a chuckle!:

Grin

Oh Boy

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 05:24:17 PM »

Thank you for your post, DeLenn.  

Not a very happy situation:

It does become a bit routine after a while. I don't fear it."

Sort of like the Nazis.  

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 05:40:28 PM »

Madness.  Wholesale madness.
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 02:53:50 AM »

SENATOR SPECTER WARNS BUSH ON HIGH COURT NOMINATIONS

Senator Arlen Specter, a Republican from Pennsylvania, has warned President Bush not to send to the Senate for a judicial appointment (including the Supreme Court) any nominee who is a strict constructionist (in other words, who is not pro-choice.

Specter implied that he is prepared to filibuster any nominee that he (Specter) considers too conservative.

Specter is the person who killed the nomination of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court and tried to kill the nomination of Clarence Thomas. This is the person Pres. Bush went to Pennsylvania to campaign for. But Specter knows it will be six years before he will be up for re-election and feels free to do as he pleases. He can even spit in the face of the President if he desires. His turning on the President, who helped him get re-elected, shows his character.

READ CLIPS FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS ARTICLE BELOW
next post

Under Senate tradition, Specter is scheduled to become Chairman of the Judiciary Committee that handles all judicial appointments. Specter has sent the message that he will join with liberal Democrats to kill any conservative appointments.

TAKE ACTION

If you have a Republican Senator (you may even have two), call them today and tell them not to vote for Senator Specter for Chairman of the Judiciary Committee. The Chairman is chosen by secret ballot by the Republican Caucus which includes all Republican Senators.

Tell your Republican Senator(s) that if Sen. Specter is allowed to serve as Chairman, it will be considered a slap in the face of all the Values Voters who voted for Pres. Bush. And it will be considered a betrayal of trust, in light of the fact that Bush ran opposing Senators blocking his appointments—such as Sen. Specter has promised to do.

You can reach your Republican Senator by calling the Senate switchboard at 202-224-3121. Ask for your Senator by name, or give the operator your zip code. It does no good to call a Democrat senator.

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
American Family Association

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 02:55:27 AM »

By LARA JAKES JORDAN
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- The Republican expected to chair the Senate Judiciary Committee next year bluntly warned newly re-elected President Bush today against putting forth Supreme Court nominees who would seek to overturn abortion rights or are otherwise too conservative to win confirmation.

"When you talk about judges who would change the right of a woman to choose, overturn Roe v. Wade, I think that is unlikely," Specter said, referring to the landmark 1973 Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion.

"The president is well aware of what happened, when a bunch of his nominees were sent up, with the filibuster," Specter added, referring to Senate Democrats' success over the past four years in blocking the confirmation of many of Bush's conservative judicial picks. "... And I would expect the president to be mindful of the considerations which I am mentioning."

(As Chairman of the Judiciary Committee) Specter, 74, would have broad authority to reshape the nation's highest court (in the new Congress). He would have wide latitude to schedule hearings, call for votes and make the process as easy or as hard as he wants.

Legal scholar Dennis Hutchinson said Specter's message to the White House appears to be "a way of asserting his authority" as he prepares to chair the Judiciary Committee when Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, is term-limited from keeping the post next year.

"A self-proclaimed moderate, he helped kill President Reagan's nomination of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court and of Jeff Sessions to a federal judgeship. Specter called both nominees too extreme on civil rights issues. Sessions later became a Republican senator from Alabama and now sits on the Judiciary Committee with Specter.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 07:01:35 AM »

Specter implied that he is prepared to filibuster any nominee that he (Specter) considers too conservative.
Roll Eyes

Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 08:00:41 AM »

Is this like the song that never ends?  Lips Sealed

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
Marv

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004, 11:34:49 AM »

Hi,

If you study Roe v Wade, it was a 7-2 verdict.  5 Republican Justices and 2 Democrat for, 1 Republican and 1 Democrat against.

The Justices searched every tradition and common law for when life was considered to begin as well as the Constitution itself.  That's why you see the breakdown of trimesters.  In the end, the justices ruled based on what they could find, not what they couldn't find.  That is the very definition of conservative.

Now, in order to overturn Roe v Wade, people have been told that we need conservative Republican Justices, the very same type of justices that provided the initial ruling.

Anyone that thinks overturning Roe v Wade is going to happen due to the "right" appointments is, in my opinion, bordering on delusional maybe past.  Bush said no litmus test, the probable Republican chair of the Senate Judiciary is already saying no  etc.

Now a lot of people say they want abortion outlawed, but the basis would have to be that we recognize legally the child as a full human.  Most proposals never do much of anything to the mother, more to the doctor for penalties.  Well if the child is granted full rights, then abortion is premeditated murder, I can't see it any other way, otherwise you would have to say the child is a human being, but a lesser human being, something that certainly exists in practice for minorities, but not in the law.  The mother and the doctor must be subject to the same penalties as other murderers, including the death penalty in states where it applies.  If you do not subject the mother and the doctor to the same penalties then other murderers can and will argue under equal protection of the law, that the penalties on them can't be any more severe than it is for abortion.  Premeditated murder=premeditated murder.  If you are not going to penalize the mother for premeditated murder, then you have to let all murderers go.

In all abortions, even when justified for saving the mother's life, an investigation, including an autopsy will be needed.

Miscarriages will need to be investigated to see if a murder has occurred.  

I would also put forward that pregnancy tests on women leaving the country will be necessary in order to protect the children.  We wouldn't want people flying  or driving out of the country in order to get away with murder.

Parent should also get the child deduction on income taxes based on conception, not birth.

I really think many people want to make abortion illegal and do nothing except maybe drag someone into court to make an example once in awhile.  I would like to hear their explanation for why this is the correct thing to do.

Marv

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2004, 04:06:46 PM »

I don't think I've ever heard of dealing with murder as being such an inconvenience.  You're right Marv.  Let's allow abortions.  The alternative would inconvenience us far more than the unwanted child would inconvenience the parent.   Roll Eyes  And it is, afterall, a matter of convenience...

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Marv

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 01:44:37 AM »

I didn't say to allow abortions, I didn't say anything about convenience.

I did say that all the proposals I have heard want to treat the child as less than a full human, and that that is where most people seem to be.

I am asking why people think that is the correct response.

I did also mention that getting the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v Wade is a fairy tale, maybe that is where you get that I support abortion.

Marv
xjesusrocksx

xpraisehimx

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 10:47:45 AM »

Abortion is wrong because KILLING IS WRONG.  PRESIDENT BUSH SUPPORTS KILLING INNOCENT CIVILIANS IN TRYING TO INCREASE OUR COUNTRY'S POWER IN THE WORLD.  No Christian should ever support killing and invoke God's name as his mission to do so.

President Bush is a killer.  His armies kill babies and innocent people.  If we support President Bush we support killing babies and innocent people too.

THOU SHALT NOT KILL!

I'll be holding your heart . . .
coptic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2004, 10:56:52 AM »

Abortion is wrong because KILLING IS WRONG.  PRESIDENT BUSH SUPPORTS KILLING INNOCENT CIVILIANS IN TRYING TO INCREASE OUR COUNTRY'S POWER IN THE WORLD.  No Christian should ever support killing and invoke God's name as his mission to do so.

President Bush is a killer.  His armies kill babies and innocent people.  If we support President Bush we support killing babies and innocent people too.

THOU SHALT NOT KILL!

Bush also supports the death penalty.  Many convicted criminals have been put do death on his watch as governor of Texas (and they continue today).
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2004, 06:00:27 PM »

News Flash!

George W. Bush

Elected President!

YES!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the