Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:23:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A reason to vote for President Bush
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A reason to vote for President Bush  (Read 5352 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2004, 06:18:11 PM »

Rom 13:1  Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Rom 13:2  Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
Rom 13:3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
Rom 13:4  For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Rom 13:5  Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
Rom 13:6  For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2004, 07:35:56 PM »

Too bad that all the people who know
how to run this country
are all busy driving taxis and cutting hair.
-- George Burns

Grin

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2004, 06:57:29 PM »

WASHINGTON -- Nearly 1.7 million military veterans have no health insurance or access to government hospitals and clinics for veterans, according to a report Tuesday from a doctors' group that favors federally financed health care. The Bush administration disputed the numbers.

The number of uninsured veterans jumped by 235,000 since 2000, meaning they are losing health insurance at a faster rate than the general population, said Physicians for a National Health Program, which advocates a universal national health insurance program. About 45 million Americans have no health insurance, including 5 million who lost coverage during the past four years, according to the Census Bureau.

"We're sending men and women off to war, and yet the people who fought previous wars can't get the basic things they need to go on with their lives afterward," said Dr. David Himmelstein, a Harvard Medical School professor and an author of the study.

The report traced some of the increase to the Bush administration's decision last year to suspend health care services for higher-income veterans who don't have service-connected illnesses or injuries. The move was intended to reduce waiting times for doctor's appointments for other veterans.

Other veterans reported they were on waiting lists for appointments, could not afford co-payments or lived in communities with no veterans' facilities, the report said.

Cynthia Church, spokeswoman for the Veterans Affairs Department, said the doctors' group was "using veterans to advance their political agenda."

The administration estimates the number of uninsured veterans at under 900,000, Church said. Wait times to see doctors also have been reduced, she said.

More than 300,000 were waiting more than six months for appointments in July 2002, she said. "Now, virtually no veteran waits more than 60 days," she said.

Like other Americans who are uninsured, most veterans have jobs. More than 85 percent worked within the past year, the report said.

Many uninsured veterans reported serious health problems, the report said. Between 20 percent and 30 percent said that they delayed or could not afford care, medications and eyeglasses.

More than 40 percent said they had no medical visits in the past year and two-thirds said they had no preventive care.

Another 3.9 million people without health insurance live in veterans' households and also are ineligible for veterans' health care, the report said.

Almost all uninsured veterans served during the Vietnam war or more recently. Those who fought in World War II and the Korean War are older than 65, making them eligible for government health care through Medicare.***

***The Herald-Sun, Durham N. C.

Support your local Christian.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2004, 08:43:25 AM »

*sigh*

Nearly 1.7 million military veterans have no health insurance or access to government hospitals and clinics for veterans, according to a report Tuesday from a doctors' group that favors federally financed health care.

Nearly 1.7 million military veterans.....
First, what exactly IS a veteran?  Smiley
Most people with no real knowledge of the military assume it means:
1 a : an old soldier of long service

But the reality of the definition is:
b : a former member of the armed forces

If someone went into the service and went to boot camp but never completed it nor even stayed in the military, they are a 'veteran'. That includes anyone who signed the dotted line- those who retired honorably with 20 or more years of service and those who never completed BMT.
So are all 'veterans' entitled to health care?  Smiley

Also, "While many Americans believe that all veterans can get care from the VHA, even combat veterans may not be able to obtain VHA care.  The 1996 Veterans Health Care Reform Act expanded eligibility for VHA care to all veterans, but instructed the VHA to develop priority categories for enrollment. The VHA priority list includes eight priority categories, with veterans offered care based on their priority status and the resources available."

1996. Who was President then?

As per the inaccessibility to veteran's hospitals, that's also interesting. During the Clinton administration, many VA hospitals were torn down.  Smiley

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2004, 10:49:48 AM »

In order to be eligible for VA benefits of any sort a person must have completed a minimum of 120 days in service or have recieved a service connected disability if the time frame is less than that.

I talk with a lot of Veterans and the only ones that are being turned away are those that do not fit into the above category or are of high income and refuse to pay the required copay. The copay determination is quite generous, more so than that of Medicaid/Medicare.

During the first 4 yrs of the Bush administration it became easier for many Veterans to obtain their benefits due to cut backs in "red tape" and more thorough examinations of those leaving service. VA benefits, including those for VHA, has increased each year and had a dramatic increase for Jan 04.

The Bush Administration has several proposals ready to go before Congress to increase them even more and to stabilize
others (prevent their loss).

During the Clinton Administration the VA saw all kinds of cutbacks.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2004, 04:46:55 AM »

I looooove pooollitcal spiiiiiiinn!    Grin

As per usual if you want the real answer you need to look into it yourself.

I don't see why someone of high income and didn't really "do" anything to be a vet has a right to complain.  My sister makes a rather meager salary (she choose to go into the social work feild her fault) and can afford health care.  She has to pay it "all" out of pocket because she is technically a contractor.  Contractors don't get group benifits because work is not guaranteed.  Contractors often though not always get a higher pay because of this.  I know plenty of IT people who choose to be contractors over corp employees because the pay is better.  Sometimes they decide not to get health ins.  Whose fault is that?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2004, 12:04:39 PM »

President Bush just signed in an increase in benefits for disabled Veterans, H. R. 4175. For those who wish to see more about it:

http://veterans.house.gov/news/108/10-27-04cola.html

There is currently a bill in house S. 2486 that is expected to make it all the way. President Bush supports it. This bill will increase a lot of Veterans benefits including those VHA.
For more on this including the current status on it:

http://vote.military.com/military/issues/bills/?bill=6637511

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2004, 03:08:41 PM »

Pastor Roger,

It is painfully obvious that many of the good things that President Bush has done is ignored by the mainstream media. The ultra-liberal mainstream media does not want the people to know.

There are tons of examples that don't make the news at all, and there are tons of other examples that are buried on page z7 with a tiny blurb. Then, there are other examples where the news is distorted and twisted for partisan agendas.

It's pretty sad that the news media manipulates the thoughts and opinions of the public. This is a time when we almost have to find out for ourselves what the truth is.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2004, 03:37:41 PM »

Pastor Roger,

It is painfully obvious that many of the good things that President Bush has done is ignored by the mainstream media. The ultra-liberal mainstream media does not want the people to know.

There are tons of examples that don't make the news at all, and there are tons of other examples that are buried on page z7 with a tiny blurb. Then, there are other examples where the news is distorted and twisted for partisan agendas.

It's pretty sad that the news media manipulates the thoughts and opinions of the public. This is a time when we almost have to find out for ourselves what the truth is.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen, brother BEP,

If I want to know something about Veterans Affairs I go to Veterans Affairs, If I want to know something about bills before Congress I go to their web site that lists current bills and their status on them, all available to the general public.

I don't trust the media in general, I go to the source, the horses mouth tells the truth. It is much more factual than the media.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2004, 12:25:24 AM »

Pastor Roger,

Love In Christ,
Tom

Amen, brother BEP,

I don't trust the media in general, I go to the source, the horses mouth tells the truth. It is much more factual than the media.

Amen brother, the media lies to everyone every day. By twisting the truth, they can make it look like anything they want.

Go in peace with God.
Bob

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2004, 02:29:15 PM »

Amen brother, the media lies to everyone every day. By twisting the truth, they can make it look like anything they want.

And, they can ALWAYS find enough "haters" who will swallow their lies and spread them around everywhere.  It's unfortunate that those who do so don't have the integrity and intelligence (that they claim the "fundies" don't have) to check it out for themselves, and arrive at an impartial conclusion.

Hmmmmph!
 Angry

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2004, 03:08:52 PM »

Evangelist,

Brother Hank, I'm happy to claim that I belong to the "fundies".   Grin

I think that "fundies" are getting smarter by the minute.

If the ultra-liberal mainstream media needs help in getting their twisted facts right, they can hire us as consultants.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Evangelist
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2004, 05:30:51 PM »

HAH!!! The FUNDIE Consulting Company, Inc.!!!!

A non-501(c)(3) MINISTRY!!!!!!!

BroHank
John 8:12 Ministries  www.john812.com
The Beymers  www.thebeymers.org
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2004, 04:55:46 AM »

Grin   Grin  Thanks Brother Hank - I needed that laugh!

You are awesome with the graphics.

Illuminati

Stairway

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2004, 03:18:59 AM »

Like it or not, abortion will never be criminalized.  And even if it were to be, the amount of abortions would not decrease.  Just as an example, the sale of alcohol increased during prohibition.  You have to be very careful when using the criminal law.  If you criminalize abortion, black market abortion clinics will immediately pop up, and even if you are 100% pro-life, I am sure we can all agree that if abortions are to be performed, the safety of the mother should be paramount.

Imagine...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the