Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A reason to vote for President Bush
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A reason to vote for President Bush  (Read 5320 times)
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2004, 07:59:12 AM »

And even if it were to be, the amount of abortions would not decrease.
Then how is it that they've INCREASED?  Huh

I am sure we can all agree that if abortions are to be performed, the safety of the mother should be paramount.
Hmmmmm..... If abortions are to be performed, there wouldn't be any 'mothers'. And if being pregnant makes one a 'mother', then that would make it that she is carrying a 'baby' even before birth.  Huh

As for the safety issue.... 1% of abortions are for health reasons OR rape/incest combined. That leaves 99% for reasons other than those.  Roll Eyes

As a mother, my children's safety comes before mine. Please don't kill my children to save my life.  Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2004, 10:33:24 AM »

Like it or not, abortion will never be criminalized.  And even if it were to be, the amount of abortions would not decrease.  Just as an example, the sale of alcohol increased during prohibition.  You have to be very careful when using the criminal law.  If you criminalize abortion, black market abortion clinics will immediately pop up, and even if you are 100% pro-life, I am sure we can all agree that if abortions are to be performed, the safety of the mother should be paramount.

No, I wouldn't agree, and I doubt that many Christians would agree. I think that abortion is murder, and I think that it should be treated as such. The convenience and safety of the mother in killing her child is not a consideration at all. Comparing abortion to alcohol is comparing grapes to watermelons, even though alcohol was and is a plague on mankind. Yes, you guessed it, I think that prohibition of alcohol is quite reasonable. Legalization of something that is destructive and takes lives should not be done simply because people want to do it.

Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2004, 11:17:29 AM »

The taking of innocent lives, whether a cause of alcohol, narcotics or abortion, it is all the same .....  murder. Murder accomplished by irresponsible people doing irresponsible acts looking for a way to deal with their sinful lives.

I agree with Sincereheart, a true Mother puts their children first just as a true Father would do.

Thank God I am the child of a True Father.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2004, 10:21:04 PM »

AMEN PASTOR ROGER!

Giving thanks for the sacrifice of my Lord and Saviour was number one on my list today. One has to be a Christian to understand what a joy it is to know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and will never forsake us. The joy just gets greater when you know that your entire family belongs to the same Heavenly Father.

This old world would be a hard place to endure without HIM.

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

I hope that everyone had a

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Illuminati

Stairway

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2004, 01:47:40 AM »

The taking of innocent lives, whether a cause of alcohol, narcotics or abortion, it is all the same .....  murder. Murder accomplished by irresponsible people doing irresponsible acts looking for a way to deal with their sinful lives.

I agree with Sincereheart, a true Mother puts their children first just as a true Father would do.

By your definition, Capital Punishment is murder, sure offenders on death row are for the most part not innocent, but state sanctioned murders are still murders.  So I presume you are against capital punishment.

Imagine...
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2004, 02:11:20 AM »

By your definition, Capital Punishment is murder, sure offenders on death row are for the most part not innocent, but state sanctioned murders are still murders.  So I presume you are against capital punishment.
Death row is murder, but you don't know anything about me. Or know why I have this stand. I am against the death pentally.

gabriel

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2004, 05:23:25 AM »

On the subject of abortion;

God has given mankind many great gifts.  Among them is the gift of medical science which has brought untold relief from misery and suffering throughout the world.

The claim that abortion is murder can only be defended by Christians who are also pacifists.  The reason for this is that when millions of Jewish, German and Japanese children (not to mention the Vietnamese) are murdered in war, the "Christian" military will justify it, but when a woman from Harlem or the Bronx tries to control the fertility of her own body "Christian" neocons hold up their hands in horror!

We've moved on from the time when 2 Timothy was written.  The Bible is God's Word, not his Words.  And it was not written upon metaphorical tablets of stone.

IT'S A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE!
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2004, 05:35:47 AM »

God has given mankind many great gifts.  Among them is the gift of medical science which has brought untold relief from misery and suffering throughout the world.

The claim that abortion is murder can only be defended by Christians who are also pacifists.  The reason for this is that when millions of Jewish, German and Japanese children (not to mention the Vietnamese) are murdered in war, the "Christian" military will justify it, but when a woman from Harlem or the Bronx tries to control the fertility of her own body "Christian" neocons hold up their hands in horror!

We've moved on from the time when 2 Timothy was written.  The Bible is God's Word, not his Words.  And it was not written upon metaphorical tablets of stone.

gabriel, II Corinthians 6:2 – "For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succored thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation."

You are privileged to live in a dispensation where God is administering His grace! Accept His free offer by faith (in His Son) today. After you leave this life it will be too late.

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2004, 07:29:59 AM »

So the 'gift' of medical science is also permission for abortions?  Huh

Controlling fertility should happen BEFORE not after.  Smiley
"Hands" are not "thrown up in horror" when a woman says "No" to the act that causes pregnancy.  Smiley

Hmmmmm..... So why bother reading the Bible?  Smiley

Does the man have a say?  Smiley

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2004, 01:08:49 PM »

AMEN BROTHER LOVE AND SINCEREHEART!

We should never forget that life belongs to God, not the woman giving birth.

We should also remember some common facts about abortion that are completely true in the vast majority of cases:

It is murder for convenience sake;

It is murder to avoid responsibility for one's own acts of immorality.

Here's a fact that is true in all cases:

There are physical and/or emotional consequences for all who submit to abortions.

For all of those involved in abortion, IT IS SIN AND WRONG!

There is nothing in the Holy Bible that can be used to justify abortion. In fact, the opposite is true.

There is no comparison between abortion and war. Trying to tie the two together to find some sort of Biblical justification for abortion is completely false.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 127:1  Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

gabriel

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2004, 05:01:49 AM »

AMEN BROTHER LOVE AND SINCEREHEART!

We should never forget that life belongs to God, not the woman giving birth.

We should also remember some common facts about abortion that are completely true in the vast majority of cases:

It is murder for convenience sake;

It is murder to avoid responsibility for one's own acts of immorality.

Here's a fact that is true in all cases:

There are physical and/or emotional consequences for all who submit to abortions.

For all of those involved in abortion, IT IS SIN AND WRONG!

There is nothing in the Holy Bible that can be used to justify abortion. In fact, the opposite is true.

There is no comparison between abortion and war. Trying to tie the two together to find some sort of Biblical justification for abortion is completely false.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 127:1  Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

gabriel

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2004, 06:22:37 AM »

Replying to blackeyedpeas and sincereheart;

Those who oppose abortion come out with emotional platitutes about arms and legs kicking, etc., in an effort to drum up support among the well-heeled mothers of the middle classes (and those women who, through their own choice, have never had to go through the problems which a black woman in Alabama or, more obviously, Africa have to endure because they have to have child after child.  Such women are in such circumstances, not because of "immorality" (and if we're to take the Bible literally I presume you take Genesis 9:24 literally), but because of economic circumstances brought about by those fortunate enough to be Dives while they are Lazarus.  While we are on the subject of dispensations, let us remember Luke 16:31.

REND YOUR HEARTS AND NOT YOUR GARMENTS!
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2004, 06:46:40 AM »

Replying to blackeyedpeas and sincereheart;

Those who oppose abortion come out with emotional platitutes about arms and legs kicking, etc., in an effort to drum up support among the well-heeled mothers of the middle classes (and those women who, through their own choice, have never had to go through the problems which a black woman in Alabama or, more obviously, Africa have to endure because they have to have child after child.  Such women are in such circumstances, not because of "immorality" (and if we're to take the Bible literally I presume you take Genesis 9:24 literally), but because of economic circumstances brought about by those fortunate enough to be Dives while they are Lazarus.  While we are on the subject of dispensations, let us remember Luke 16:31.

REND YOUR HEARTS AND NOT YOUR GARMENTS!

Hmmmm..... "Emotional platitudes"? Like the ones you used?
Are you a woman? Are you black? Do you live in Alabama or Africa?  Huh

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the