Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 11:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286854 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Laughter (Good Medicine) (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Laughter - Good Medicine - New
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laughter - Good Medicine - New  (Read 59375 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2010, 11:40:04 PM »

Penthouse In Heaven

The Pope dies and goes to heaven. When he gets there, Saint Peter shows him to his new quarters - a tiny one bedroom apartment.

The Pope is horrified and demands to know why he doesn't have the penthouse apartment, which is huge.

Saint Peter informs him that the resident of the penthouse is a lawyer.

"A lawyer," says the Pope. "But I'm the Pope, surely I'm more important than a lawyer!"

"With respect Sir," says Saint Peter, "We have lots of Pope's up here, but we only have ONE lawyer!"

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »

Rabbi Underwater

A rabbi, a priest and a pastor were all in a boat together fishing. The pastor said to the others, "I think I'm going to go over to that shore and sit down." So, he gets out of the boat, walks across the water and sits down on the shore.

Then, the priest says to the rabbi, "I think I going to go over there to join him." So, he does the same as the pastor and sits next to him on the shore.

The rabbi thinks to himself, "Well, if they can do it, so can I!" So, he climbs out of the boat, but he falls in the water. The pastor says to the priest, "Do you think we should of told him where the rocks were?"

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2010, 11:45:54 PM »

Grin  Thanks - I needed those laughs. You can probably tell from the jokes I posted.   Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2010, 11:47:20 PM »

Two Thieves

An old preacher was dying. He sent a message for his doctor and his lawyer to come to his home. When they arrived, they were ushered up to his bedroom.

As they entered the room the preacher held out his hands and motioned for them to sit, one on each side of his bed. The preacher grasped their hands, sighed contentedly, smiled and stared at the ceiling.

For a time, no one said anything. Both the doctor and lawyer were touched and flattered that the preacher would ask them to be with him during his final moments. They were also puzzled; the preacher had never given them any indication that he particularly liked either of them.

They both remembered his many long, uncomfortable sermons about greed, covetousness and avaricious behavior that made them squirm in their seats.

Finally, the doctor said, "Preacher, why did you ask us to come?

The old preacher mustered up his strength, then said weakly, "Jesus died between two thieves.. and that's how I want to go."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2010, 11:48:05 PM »

Grin  Thanks - I needed those laughs. You can probably tell from the jokes I posted.   Grin

How did you guess, and I'm happy to hear the good news about your wife.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2010, 03:32:47 AM »

How did you guess, and I'm happy to hear the good news about your wife.

Thanks Brother, and we greatly appreciate the prayers. I can't really describe how happy we are since we heard the news. God does answer prayer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2010, 03:31:15 PM »

Thanks Brother, and we greatly appreciate the prayers. I can't really describe how happy we are since we heard the news. God does answer prayer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Brother, anytime prayers are needed, you know all you have to do is ask. I feel being able to pray for someone, anyone a  honor from our Father. I know He does answer prayers and I can guess how happy you both are. This should prove to more people the Power of God. For without Him we are nothing but, with Him, we are loved by Him.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2010, 03:35:01 PM »

The Plus Sign

A ten-year-old Jewish boy was failing math. His parents tried everything from tutors to hypnosis; but to no avail. Finally, at the insistence of a family friend, they decided to enrol their son in a private Catholic school.

After the first day, the boy's parents were surprised when he walked in after school with a stern, focused and very determined expression on his face. He went straight past them, right to his room and quietly closed the door.

For nearly two hours he toiled away in his room - with math books strewn about his desk and the surrounding floor. He emerged long enough to eat, and after quickly cleaning his plate, went straight back to his room, closed the door and worked feverishly at his studies until bedtime.

This pattern of behaviour continued until it was time for the first quarter's report card. The boy walked in with it unopened - laid it on the dinner table and went straight to his room. Cautiously, his mother opened it and, to her amazement, she saw a large red 'A' under the subject of Math.

Overjoyed, she and her husband rushed into their son's room, thrilled at his remarkable progress. "Was it the nuns that did it?" the father asked.

The boy shook his head and said "No."

"Was it the one-to-one tutoring? The peer-mentoring?"

"No."

"The textbooks? The teachers? The curriculum?"

"No", said the son. "On that first day, when I walked in the front door and saw that guy nailed to the plus sign, I KNEW they meant business!"

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »

Writing On The Wall

After hearing a Bible lesson in Sunday school about miracles, a little girl went up to her Sunday school teacher.

"In my house," said the little girl, "when handwriting appears on the wall it's not a miracle, it's the work of my little brother."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2010, 03:43:28 PM »

Shark Meat

There is this atheist swimming in the ocean. All of the sudden he sees this shark in the water, so he starts swimming towards his boat.

As he looks back he sees the shark turn and head towards him. His boat is a ways off and he starts swimming like crazy. He's scared to death, and as he turns to see the jaws of the great white beast open revealing its teeth in a horrific splendor, the atheist screams, "Oh God! Save me!"

In an instant time is frozen and a bright light shines down from above. The man is motionless in the water when he hears the voice of God say, "You are an atheist. Why do you call upon me when you do not believe in me?"

Aghast with confusion and knowing he can't lie the man replies, "Well, that's true I don't believe in you, but how about the shark? Can you make the shark believe in you?"

The Lord replies, "As you wish," and the light retracted back into the heavens and the man could feel the water begin to move once again.

As the atheist looks back he can see the jaws of the shark start to close down on him, when all of sudden the shark stops and pulls back.

Shocked, the man looks at the shark as the huge beast closes its eyes and bows its head and says, "Thank you Lord for this food for which I am about to receive..."

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2010, 03:48:43 PM »

God The Parent

Whenever your kids are out of control, you can take comfort from the thought that even God's omnipotence did not extend to God's kids.

After creating heaven and earth, God created Adam and then Eve, from Adams rib. And the first thing He said to them was: "Don't."

"Don't what?" Adam asked.

"Don't eat the Forbidden Fruit." God replied.

"Forbidden fruit? We got Forbidden Fruit?"

"Hey, Eve..we got Forbidden Fruit!"

"No way!"

"Where?"

"Don't eat that fruit!" said God.

"Why?"

"Because I am your Creator and I said so!" said God, wondering why he hadn't stopped after making the elephants.

A few minutes later God saw the kids having an apple break and was angry.

"Didn't I tell you not to eat that fruit?" the 'First Parent' asked.

"Uh huh," Adam replied.

"Then why did you?"

"I dunno," Eve answered.

"She started it!" Adam said.

"Did not!"

"DID so!"

"DID NOT!"

Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that Adam and Eve should have children of their own................... thus the pattern was set, and it has never changed.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2010, 04:27:27 AM »

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2010, 11:51:03 AM »

Job Impressions

I had always talked about my job a lot at home, and my young daughter had always expressed great interest. So I thought it would be a treat for her to spend the day with me at the office. Since I wanted it to be a surprise, I didn't tell her where we were going, just that it would be fun. Although usually a bit shy, she seemed excited to meet each colleague I introduced. On the way home, however, she seemed somewhat down.

"Didn't you have a nice time?" I asked.

"Well, it was okay." she responded. "But I thought it would be more like a circus."

Confused, I asked, "Whatever do you mean?"

She said, "Well, you said you work with a bunch of clowns, and I never got to see them!"

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2010, 01:43:05 PM »

Payment Plan

Pete and Gladys were looking at a new living room suite in the furniture store.

Pete said to the salesman, "We really like it, but I don't think we can afford it."

The salesman said, "You just make a small down payment, and then you don't make another payment for six months."

Gladys wheeled around with her hands on her hips and said, "Who told you about us?"

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2010, 01:37:06 PM »

Fridge Magnet Smiles

You have all seen those little hand painted signs hung in so many kitchens.

Many are heartwarming and homey, but many are simply hilarious. Here is a collection of the funnier ones:

A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious.

No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes.

A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Help keep the kitchen clean - eat out.

Housework done properly can kill you.

Countless number of people have eaten in this kitchen and gone on to lead normal lives.

My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines.

The only reason I have a kitchen is because it came with the house when I bought it.

There are only three kinds of food - Frozen, Canned, & Take-out!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the