Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:12:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  CANAMERICO - the Coming North American Union
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CANAMERICO - the Coming North American Union  (Read 16477 times)
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »

Just noticed something and was wondering if others have seen the same thing.

Last week I bought a beef roast, put it in the freezer until we were ready to have it for dinner and took it out last night to defrost it. My husband just looked at the label while it was sitting on the counter and noticed the label said:

Product of US and Canada and Mexico

Sounds like things are moving along quickly and very definately under the radar! Has anyone else noticed this? I bought it in Publix Supermarket here in Florida.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2008, 02:35:56 PM »

Everything in my freezer is labeled with USDA and the local supermarket's labels. On 30 Sept the "Country of Origin Labeling" (COOL) rules came into effect in the U.S.

This ruling requires the product to be labeled according to country that product originated in. Apparently the market that you use must get it's meat from all three nations. I get mine from Kroger, WalMart, County Market and sometimes from a local family owned butcher shop. (I'm a price shopper.)

The Kroger here does have some meats that are marked from other nations such as a 10lb pkg of a certain type of ribs that comes from the EU. If your market gets their meat from one of the big meat processing plants that gets it meat from more than one nation then it would have to be labeled with all nations of source.

For more on this:

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/articles/1194/country-of-origin-whats-in-a-cool-label

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2008, 03:18:09 PM »

Thanks Pastor Roger,

I guess I'll have to be a little pickier about the meat I buy. Publix is the largest grocery store in this area, and so it's very convenient. We used to buy from Kroger too, when we lived in Virginia. I'd never seen this label before so I must say, I was really surprised.

But I'll definately go out of my way to buy American!!!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2008, 03:30:17 PM »

Buying American is getting more difficult all of the time. As the article said, "About 10 percent of hogs and cattle slaughtered each year in U.S. packinghouses -- about 10 million hogs and 2.5 million cattle -- were born in Mexico or Canada." That's quite a lot really and it also said that if that particluar market didn't exceed $230,000.00 in meat sales in a year that they were exempted from that labeling ruling. Of course most Kroger stores would still fall under the ruling as they usually will have much more than that in sales.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2008, 08:14:08 PM »

Sister Barbara and All,

I think that we all need to be paying more attention and going out of our way to support our own farmers and ranchers. It appears that things are going to get rough. If we don't support our own, we'll lose our own and become hostages of our suppliers. We should have learned something with oil, but we evidently didn't. I think we are all guilty of buying various things that either hurt our own workers or put them out of business. I honestly think that we all MUST learn how to take care of each other and try the best we can to preserve every job and make more jobs because of our patronage. Besides, our beef is the highest quality one can buy, and it's SAFE. Please - I'm not saying anything bad about markets in other countries, but we need to keep our own markets that are employing our workers trying to care for their families. If we aren't thinking about things like this yet, we will be after another 700,000 jobs are lost.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the