Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:18:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286959 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171772 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 11, 2008, 05:08:34 AM »

Regardless of Obama's citizenship status, I can't figure out why he was ever considered for candidacy for any public office of any kind. He doesn't have any allegiance to our country, and he's a radical racist. This is just for starters.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2008, 01:12:35 AM »

Obama's Abortion Bombshell: Unrestricted Abortion Over Wishes of Individual States a Priority for Presidency

By Peter J. Smith

WASHINGTON, D.C., June 10, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Barack Obama, the presumptive pro-abortion nominee of the Democratic Party, has plans to reward the allies that helped him topple Hillary Clinton from her throne by making total unrestricted abortion in the United States his number one priority as president.

In light of Obama's recently achieved status as the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, Focus on the Family's CitizenLink has decided to remind its supporters that almost one year has passed since Obama made his vows to the Planned Parenthood Action Fund that abortion would be the first priority of his administration.

"The first thing I'd do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act," Obama said in his July speech to abortion advocates worried about the increase of pro-life legislation at the state level.

The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) is legislation Obama has co-sponsored along with 18 other senators that would annihilate every single state law limiting or regulating abortion, including the federal ban on partial birth abortion.

The 2007 version of FOCA proposed: "It is the policy of the United States that every woman has the fundamental right to choose to bear a child, to terminate a pregnancy prior to fetal viability, or to terminate a pregnancy after fetal viability when necessary to protect the life or health of the woman."

Obama made his remarks in a question-and-answer session after delivering a speech crystallizing for abortion advocates his deep-seated abortion philosophy and his belief that federal legislation will break pro-life resistance and end the national debate on abortion. (see transcript: Barack Obama before Planned Parenthood Action Fund)

"I am absolutely convinced that culture wars are so nineties; their days are growing dark, it is time to turn the page," Obama said in July. "We want a new day here in America. We're tired about arguing about the same ole' stuff. And I am convinced we can win that argument."

Besides making abortion on demand a "fundamental right" throughout the United States, FOCA would effectively nullify informed consent laws, waiting periods, health safety regulations for abortion clinics, etc.

Furthermore, medical professionals and institutions that refused abortions also would lose legal protections. FOCA would expose individuals, organizations, and governments - including federal, state, and local government agencies - to costly civil actions for purported violations of the act.

"Thirty-five years after Roe, abortion supporters, like Senator Obama, are dismayed that abortion remains a divisive issue and that their radical agenda has not been submissively accepted by the American public," states Denise M. Burke, vice president of Americans United for Life.

"Rather than confronting legitimate issues concerning the availability and safety of abortion, they choose to blatantly ignore the concerns and interests of everyday Americans, as well as the growing evidence that abortion hurts women."

Hillary Clinton, once the longtime Democratic front-runner and anticipated abortion president, conceded defeat last Saturday to Obama, who captured the nomination from her after a long and bitter campaign.

Obama has won the crucial endorsement of abortion activist Frances Kissling, who broke from the ranks of other radical feminist leaders earlier this year to endorse Obama, saying Obama, not Clinton, would better use the bully pulpit of the presidency to accomplish their aims and end the culture wars over abortion.

Obama's Abortion Bombshell: Unrestricted Abortion Over Wishes of Individual States a Priority for Presidency

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 12, 2008, 11:15:19 AM »

With the things he has done here in Illinois and his stance on other things in his current run for President, I do not find this at all surprising. He is for big government, not wanting individual states to have any say in their own areas on any subject.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 13, 2008, 03:06:18 AM »

With the things he has done here in Illinois and his stance on other things in his current run for President, I do not find this at all surprising. He is for big government, not wanting individual states to have any say in their own areas on any subject.

This old world is almost like a downhill runaway train without any brakes. Any number of things could happen in the next days, weeks, or months ahead. The choices are pretty bleak, but I know that I can't and won't cast a vote for Obama. If he was the only choice on the ballot, I'd have to do a write-in.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 13, 2008, 10:30:21 AM »

This old world is almost like a downhill runaway train without any brakes. Any number of things could happen in the next days, weeks, or months ahead. The choices are pretty bleak, but I know that I can't and won't cast a vote for Obama. If he was the only choice on the ballot, I'd have to do a write-in.

That is the way that I see it also. We can only pray that there are sufficient other people out there that also see it that way.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 13, 2008, 01:18:40 PM »

Obama Not a "Natural Born Citizen"

Blogger reveals Obama birth certificate
'All information is what we have been told before'

A blogger who earlier cited the "unlikely" but still circulating rumor Barack Obama was born not within the United States, but elsewhere, possibly Kenya, now says he's satisfied the senator was born in Hawaii.

WND reported on the questions over his birth site because of the campaign's earlier secrecy over the issue and requirement presidents be "natural-born" U.S. citizens.

Jim Geraghty, reporting on the Campaign Spot, a National Review blog, had cited the "unlikely" possibility that Obama's 1961 birth was not within the United States.

At the time, he wrote, "If Obama were born outside the United States, one could argue that he would not meet the legal definition of natural-born citizen … because U.S. law at the time of his birth required his natural-born parent (his mother) to have resided in the United States for '10 years, at least [f]ive of which had to be after the age of 16.'"

He then pointed out Ann Dunham, Obama's mother, was 18 when Obama was born "so she wouldn't have met the requirement of five years after the age of 16."

But today Geraghty cited an image posted on the Daily Kos website that appeared to be Obama's birth certificate.

"All of the information is what we have been told before – name, birth date, etc.. His mother's race is listed as 'Caucasian,' his father as 'African.' No middle name of Muhammad, no first name of 'Barry,' no last name of 'Dunham.' He's listed as 'Barack Hussein Obama II,' not 'Jr.,'" Geraghty wrote.

He continued, "(Interestingly, in the lower right hand corner is the backwards reflection of a stamp, "June 6 or G, 2007". Did someone request or process this record about a year ago?) "

"Site creator Markos Moulitsas mentions in the comments the campaign released it to him. (Also, for astrologers, the time of birth was 7:24 p.m.)," he wrote.

He earlier cited FindLaw.com in noting the requirements that were in force from Dec. 24, 1952 to Nov. 13, 1986, encompassing the time of Obama's birth, state, "If only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least 10 years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16."

Obama's father, a student sent to the United States from Africa, lived several places in the United States while attending class. He then returned to his homeland. Obama's mother later married another man and moved to Indonesia.

The presumptive Republican nominee for president, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., already has gone through the same type of challenge, and the U.S. Senate responded with a resolution in April declaring him to be a "'natural born Citizen' under Article II, Section 1, of the Constitution of the United States."

That article declares that "no person except a natural born citizen … shall be eligible to the Office of president."

McCain was challenged because he was born to two U.S. citizens in the Panama Canal Zone.

According to a report from Michael Dobbs on The Fact Checker, the McCain campaign consulted two leading jurists, Theodore Olsen and Laurence Tribe, and they agreed.

"They argue that McCain is a natural born citizen because the United States exercised sovereignty over the Panama Canal at the time of his birth on August 29, 1936, he was born on a U.S. military base, and both of his parents were U.S. citizens," the report said.

Others say the issue isn't quite that simple, and the matter could be resolved fully only by a constitutional amendment or a U.S. Supreme Court ruling.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 13, 2008, 03:08:49 PM »

Obama admitted on national television that he actually likes the idea of higher gas prices and that the only reason this is presenting a problem for the American people is because they went up so quickly. If they went up gradually, it wouldn’t be a strain on the American pocketbook, and everything would be hunky dory.

Yes, he really said it.

Mitch McConnell points out, this is why Democrats simply refuse to act on these outrageous gas prices. They love it! Dems seem to think that the best way to help out the little people, those cute little blue-collar workers they condescendingly claim to fight for, is to raise taxes on them over and over and over again, while bloating the government with pointless bureaucracy. With oil prices skyrocketing, Democrats are seeing another opportunity to impose even more bureaucracy.

You know that word “change” being prominently displayed in the background of seemingly every Obama video? If this is his idea about how much he’s going to change this country, then we really don't need that change.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 13, 2008, 10:46:07 PM »

Obama admitted on national television that he actually likes the idea of higher gas prices and that the only reason this is presenting a problem for the American people is because they went up so quickly. If they went up gradually, it wouldn’t be a strain on the American pocketbook, and everything would be hunky dory.

Yes, he really said it.

Mitch McConnell points out, this is why Democrats simply refuse to act on these outrageous gas prices. They love it! Dems seem to think that the best way to help out the little people, those cute little blue-collar workers they condescendingly claim to fight for, is to raise taxes on them over and over and over again, while bloating the government with pointless bureaucracy. With oil prices skyrocketing, Democrats are seeing another opportunity to impose even more bureaucracy.

You know that word “change” being prominently displayed in the background of seemingly every Obama video? If this is his idea about how much he’s going to change this country, then we really don't need that change.

Comments like this would be made by an ELITIST with plenty of money and no idea about the struggle average people have in surviving. In other words, this person is disconnected from the reality that IS for the majority of people. SO, taking more of our money in taxes is the first item on the agenda if he is elected. He carries much more than just a STRAW to break the camel's back.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 16, 2008, 04:34:29 PM »

Meet Obama's new supporter: Iraqi who backs terror attacks
Former minister of electricity who holds U.S. citizenship now cheers insurgency

An American citizen who returned to Iraq after the fall of Saddam Hussein to become minister of electricity has called for support of the terrorist insurgency and claims to have contributed the maximum amount under the law to the presidential candidacy of Barack Obama.

Ayham al-Samurai, a Sunni Muslim and former Iraqi exile who lived in the U.S. for 20 years, held a press conference in Amman, Jordan, yesterday saying he hoped the terrorist insurgents in Iraq "would continue against occupation and avenge the Iraqi people."

The former Chicagoan added, in remarks carried by Radio Sawa, that he had contributed $2,300 to Obama's campaign.

Obama's opponent, Sen. John McCain, has been making much of the support offered the Illinois senator's campaign by Hamas's top political adviser, Ahmed Yousuf, in an exclusive interview with WND's Jerusalem bureau chief Aaron Klein. News that a fellow Chicagoan is both supporting him politically as well as the insurgency in Iraq is not expected to be welcome news in the Obama camp.

However, al-Samurai's ties to Illinois and Obama don't stop with the financial contribution.

While serving as minister of electricity, al-Samurai brokered deals with Antoin Rezko, the Syrian-American millionaire who backed Obama politically and personally. Rezko was convicted of fraud in Illinois the day Obama unofficially declared himself the winner of the Democratic nomination.

Al-Samurai was appointed minister during the term of Prime Minister Iyad Allawi. After Allawi was booted from office, al-Samurai became a mediator between insurgent groups and Zalmay Khalilzad, the U.S. ambassador to Iraq.

He was later arrested by Iraqi police in Baghdad on corruption charges but escaped from prison with the help of U.S. private security personnel – leaving Iraq with the help of a forged Chinese passport. He later returned to Chicago where he apparently made his contribution to Obama.

Now he hopes for a return to Iraqi politics as a result of a recently passed amnesty law in the parliament.

He said in Jordan yesterday "the [insurgency] in Iraq is a legitimate resistance, and it is against occupation, and any resistance in the world against occupation is considered legitimate. I hope that [it] continues and avenges the Iraqi people, and I look forward to expanding its political agenda."

He also said he is still a part of Allawi's political bloc.

Radio Sawa is a 24-hour Arabic-language radio network that originates in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates and Washington and receives support from the U.S. government.

The pile just keeps growing. I wonder how long it will take before his head disappears under that pile?

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 16, 2008, 09:31:34 PM »

The pile just keeps growing. I wonder how long it will take before his head disappears under that pile?

Not quick enough.

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 16, 2008, 09:35:51 PM »

this person is disconnected from the reality

True story.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2008, 11:56:30 PM »

Malik Obama confirms his half-brother Barack grew up a Muslim [updated]
By Israel Insider staff  June 13, 2008

Malik holds a photo of Obama and him in Muslim dress, reportedly when the two first met in 1985

Apparently the Obamas of Kenya have been reading those scurrilous emails to which Barack likes to refer, because they have no doubt -- contrary to the claims of the Obama campaign, that the presidential candidate was raised a Moslem. They take that as a given.

As the Jerusalem Post reports, "Barack Obama's half brother Malik said Thursday that if elected his brother will be a good president for the Jewish people, despite his Muslim background. In an interview with Army Radio he expressed a special salutation from the Obamas of Kenya."

The Obama brothers' father, a senior economist for the Kenyan government who studied at Harvard University, died in car crash in 1982. He left six sons and a daughter. All of his children - except Malik -- live in Britain or the United States. Malik and Barack met in 1985 in the US.

"He was best man at my wedding and I was best man at his," said Malik in a 2004 interview with an AP reporter. Their paternal grandfather, Onyango Hussein Obama, was one of the first Muslim converts in Nyangoma-Kogelo, Malik said."

In a remarkable denial issued last November that still stands on the official campaign website, Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs issued a statement explaining that "Senator Obama has never been a Muslim, was not raised as a Muslim, and is a committed Christian."

Apparently Malik Obama, himself a Muslim, had not read the press release.

Melanie Phillips is the most recent commentator to draw attention to the massive body of evidence that leaves no doubt that Barak Hussein Obama was born a Muslim (Islam is patrilineal) and raised a Muslim (so registered in school, acknowledging attending Islamic classes, reported accompanying his step-father to the mosque, and able to recite the Koran in the original Arabic).

Reuven Koret, Aaron Klein and Daniel Pipes have previously pointed to the attempts by Obama and his campaign to conceal the candidate's Muslim background. The well documented evidence draws upon the on-the-ground interviews by researchers in Indonesia and Kenya, published quotations of Obama's childhood friends and his school records, as well as the candidate's own autobiography.

It is not clear whether Barack Obama will now disown his half-brother Malik for acknowledging that shared family background. In any case, some one should notify "Fight the Smear" tout de suite. Perhaps they can get him with the program.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2008, 01:32:28 AM »

It is very clear that he will not disown his half-brother but he will continue in the lie that he "has never been a Muslim, was not raised a Muslim, and is a committed Christian". The evidence for the truth is piling up more and more each day. I guess he holds to the saying that if you say it frequently enough that it will be accepted as a truth.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2008, 06:54:02 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I have a feeling that we've just seen the "TIP OF THE ICEBERG" on the REAL STORY about Barack Obama. It appears that the people have been fed a nicely crafted LIE. The LIES will be exposed, and now it's a matter of what the people will do with the TRUTH.

What has already been revealed PRIOR TO THIS REVELATION was the biggest SCANDAL in political history for this country, but most people either didn't care or they didn't pay any attention to it. SO, it will be interesting to see how much more TRUTH about Obama will be ignored. PERVERSE AGENDAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS APPEAR TO BE THE MOST IMPORTANT. Patriotism, love of country, and old-fashioned morals, values, and ethics don't appear to be very important these days.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2008, 11:14:59 AM »

Tip of the iceberg is very correct. There was the question of his being a natural born citizen that was raised by some bloggers. His campaign office released a supposed birth certificate from Hawaii. This birth certificate has been proven to be a fake by a documents expert. Another individual that was born in Hawaii has displayed his own birth certificate from the same periods (with critical personal information being blacked out) and the two certificates do not look anything even similar.

With all the lies that have been given so far it really does make one wonder what he is trying to hide.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the