Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:54:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286959 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171809 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2008, 09:36:26 PM »

There you go again, denigrating the three stooges.   Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2008, 10:34:51 PM »

There you go again, denigrating the three stooges.   Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I really should have thought about this more. In comparison, the Three Stooges are INTELLECTUALS!   Grin

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2008, 08:45:53 PM »

Lizzie taped Obama-nation, from Good Morning show. I noticed that when Obama was asked about being a muslim. Obama said,  "I am (2 second pause) a Christian. Jesus Christ (pause 2-3 seconds) is my Saviour."

Now I know the koran allow muslims to lie, to non-believers but, I think Obama-nation gave himself away on the TV. You would think he would have known this was coming, and would have been prepared. This question clearly caught him off guard. Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2008, 10:23:39 PM »

I really should have thought about this more. In comparison, the Three Stooges are INTELLECTUALS!   Grin

when Obama was asked about being a muslim. Obama said,  "I am (2 second pause) a Christian. Jesus Christ (pause 2-3 seconds) is my Saviour."

Looks like this question was a....

Maybe someone should've...

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 20, 2008, 10:25:51 PM »

The Heimlich maneuver wouldn't have helped.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 21, 2008, 01:31:25 AM »

Is it my imagination, or were the older politicians much better at lying? With the new ones, it's almost like a contest to see who can lie the worst and still have people support them.

It also appears there are all kinds of new excuses for lying that makes it okay. I was tired, so I just imagined that I was held down by sniper fire for three hours. Who would win for the "BEST LIAR" AWARD? You can listen to several quotes today and listen to them being contradicted tomorrow. It's as if the truth changed between various live audiences and they forgot that the whole country can hear them lie over and over again. The thing that amazes me is that the public doesn't appear to care. All that matters is that they support the right weird agendas. The really FUNNY thing is that many of their supporters don't support all the agendas, but their pet agenda is on the list.

Being pretty and slick while lying appears to be high on the list for required skills. An even higher skill is the ability of the candidate to get the whistle-blower labeled something bad for telling. If the whistle-blower gets punished or ruined for revealing the truth, the politician gets extra points. The most popular labels in this primary involve gender, race, and religious issues. It's unique this election cycle in that the issues are really reversed. In other words, they have the "discriminator" and "discriminatee" mixed up, but this still doesn't help the whistle-blower. AM I GETTING CLOSE YET? What's really sad is that this isn't meant as humor or satire.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 21, 2008, 08:08:36 AM »

Yep, I think that you have it pegged down. The popular word here is "mis-spoke" which now because of Obama's number of states fiasco that has been changed to mis-state-ment. It is becoming more and more acceptable to lie and twist things in order to achieve an agenda. I wonder if that is from following suit after islam.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 21, 2008, 09:54:08 PM »

Reagan's would-be assassin
aided by top Obama adviser
'Lawyer of the left' also represents alleged killer
of U.S. soldier, helped Clinton during Lewinsky

An attorney and top foreign policy adviser to Sen. Barack Obama is coming under fire for representing controversial figures, including an accused human-rights abuser, an alleged murderer of a U.S. soldier and even the would-be assassin of former President Ronald Reagan.

Greg Craig, who has been termed the "lawyer of the left," represented John Hinckley, Jr., who attempted to assassinate Reagan in 1981 by firing six bullets at the president as he left a hotel. Craig was reportedly the architect of Hinckley's successful defense in which he was found not guilty by reason of insanity, even though reports by the federal prosecution found Hinckley sane.

As a partner in the high-powered Washington, D.C., law firm of Williams & Connolly, Craig represented Former Bolivian Defense Minister Carlos Sanchez-Berzain in a federal lawsuit of "crimes against humanity" due to his alleged role in the suppression of labor union riots in 2003 that resulted in the deaths of 67 people.

Sanchez-Berzain is loathed in Bolivia for allegedly turning the army lose on protesters in what was described as a brutal massacre of unarmed men, women and children, some of whom were reportedly shot at point-blank range.

Craig currently represents Pedro Miguel Gonzalez-Pinzon, president of the Panamanian National Assembly who is wanted in the United States for the 1992 murder of a U.S. Army soldier and the attempted murder of another.

Gonzalez-Pinzon, a harsh critic of the U.S., is accused of murdering the solider, Zak Hernandez Laporte, on the eve of President George H.W. Bush's visit to Panama in 1992. The FBI is said to have credible evidence proving Gonzalez's guilt.

The accusations and Gonzalez's Panamanian government position are a primary reason the U.S. has halted a U.S.-Panama free trade accord.

The American Future Fund this week called on Obama to fire Craig, stating in an ad campaign that someone who "has a history of defending corrupt foreign leaders and murderers" could offer severely misguided advice to the Illinois senator.

The AFF launched a YouTube video petitioning for Craig's ouster.

In a January editorial, the Dallas Morning News called on Obama to fire Craig if the attorney doesn't drop the Panamanian as a client:

"Mr. Obama has made clear that the White House is no place for influence-peddlers and special interests ... . This is one instance where he needs to show presidential decisiveness by asking Mr. Craig to choose between the campaign and involvement in a legal case where hot-button bilateral issues – and a Senate vote – hang in the balance," read the editorial.

Obama has repeatedly attacked Sen. John McCain for purportedly allowing lobbyists to serve as top advisers.

The Political Punch blog run by ABC News senior national correspondent Jake Tapper noted, "There's a big difference between a lobbyist, who is paid to interact with lawmakers such as Mr. Obama, and a lawyer, who works with the courts. But in this situation, Gonzalez's indictment has complicated passage of the U.S.-Panama Free Trade Agreement."

Craig recently said at a forum that Obama's campaign is aware of his involvement in the Gonzalez case.

"I have removed myself from participation in discussions with the candidate or his advisers on relations between the United States and Panama," Craig said.

Obama has been on the record stating he opposes any trade act with Panama due to the Gonzalez case.

But Obama has not addressed Craig's defense of other unsavory characters such as Hinckley, Jr.

Craig also has represented Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., in the 1991 Palm Beach, Fla., rape case involving the senator and his accused nephew, William Kennedy Smith, who was acquitted of all charges. Craig was an aide to Kennedy in the 1980s.

In 2004, Craig was council for then-United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan during investigations that year surrounding the Oil-for-Food scandal.

Craig, an antiwar protester in the 1960s, also successfully represented Juan Miguel Gonzalez, the Cuban father of Elian Gonzalez during the 2000 child custody dispute that ended in the forcible seizure of Elian by U.S. marshals and the boy's return to Cuba.

According to reports, Craig was heavily involved in the decision to seize Elian. The outcome was seen as a major victory for Cuban President Fidel Castro.

Craig is a top foreign policy adviser to Obama. His foreign policy experience includes serving as President John Kennedy's senior adviser on defense, foreign policy and national security issues from 1974 to 1988. In 1997, Secretary of State Madeleine Albright appointed Craig as a top senior adviser and as director of policy planning.

Craig's embrace of Obama turned some heads due to the attorney's high-profile representation of Bill Clinton during impeachment hearings over the Monica Lewinsky scandal. When the Senate refused to convict Clinton on accusations of perjury, Craig was seen as the politician's savior.

But Craig admonished Sen. Hillary Clinton in a March posting on Obama's site:

"Hillary Clinton's argument that she has passed 'the commander-in-chief test' is simply not supported by her record," he wrote.

"[Obama] possesses the personal attributes of a great leader – an even temperament, an open-minded approach to even the most challenging problems, a willingness to listen to all views, clarity of vision, the ability to inspire, conviction and courage," Craig argued.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: May 21, 2008, 10:59:15 PM »

The Heimlich maneuver wouldn't have helped.

Nope it wouldn't have helped at all. Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2008, 08:07:53 PM »

Media ignores Obama concert negatives

At least some members of the much-touted crowd of 75,000 people at a May 18 rally in Portland for Barack Obama may have been there, in part, to see a popular local band that normally opens its concerts with the national anthem -- of the former Soviet Union.

National media outlets have widely reported estimates of between 72,000 and 75,000 people in attendance at Obama's rally. What they have largely failed to report, however, is that many in the crowd may have attended as much for a free concert as to express their support for the Democratic frontrunner.

"The rally drew 75,000 people, but the media did not give any credit to the opening act, The Decemberists, who are wildly popular in Portland," says Robert Knight, director of the Culture and Media Institute of the Media Research Center. "I'm not saying that Obama wouldn't have drawn a big crowd, but certainly when you have a band that popular opening for him on a beautiful day, that probably should have been mentioned [by the media]."

By not mentioning the band, Knight says, the media has been able to avoid a well-known fact about The Decemberists. "You'd think the media would find it interesting that a presidential candidate had a band open for him that typically plays the Soviet national anthem, the song that celebrates communism in Russia," Knight says. "But the media has taken no interest in it."

Knight says the Obama campaign could have easily learned that their opening act routinely starts its shows with the Soviet anthem by checking either Google or Wikipedia.

"The Obama campaign is secure in the knowledge that the mainstream media will not report any of this. Certainly they haven't so far," he complained. "They know that the media will not do anything to embarrass liberal candidates. They cover for them all the time. So, that might make them a little complacent about checking out people that they are associated with."

According to the Wikipedia entry about The Decemberists, "The band is named in reference to an 1825 revolt over the Imperial Russian succession (Decemberist Revolt). It is not related to the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917, although Meloy has referred to the historical Decembrists as a communist revolutionary group."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 27, 2008, 10:53:10 AM »

Obama: I See Dead People

In a Memorial Day speech Obama makes this comment:

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes — and I see many of them in the audience here today — our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

This guy is lauded as the most eloquent speaker of today? A president that can't think on his feet? The U.S. is definitely in trouble if he makes it there!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 27, 2008, 12:59:01 PM »

Obama: I See Dead People

In a Memorial Day speech Obama makes this comment:

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes — and I see many of them in the audience here today — our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

This guy is lauded as the most eloquent speaker of today? A president that can't think on his feet? The U.S. is definitely in trouble if he makes it there!

I would imagine that Obama and many other politicians today stutter when they try to say the word "PATRIOTISM". Further, I doubt they have much use for Memorial Day, Armed Forces Day, or other special days that honor those who protect and serve us. Many are becoming openly like those in Berkley who want the recruiting offices closed and those in San Francisco who refused a parade permit for the Marine Corp Silent Drill Team.

It's real hard for many of our politicians these days to just pay lip service, and they don't lie very well.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 27, 2008, 02:11:50 PM »

Yes, that is true and if they get their way the Military will only be used to set up their police state worldwide with all of them working for the UN.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 29, 2008, 08:44:12 AM »

Obama's military claims
inconsistent with records
Speeches apparently contradict
autobiography, Army documents

Two days after a speech in which Sen. Barack Obama erroneously claimed his uncle helped liberate the Auschwitz concentration camp, inconsistencies remain regarding the much-touted military service of the presidential candidate's family.

During the Memorial Day speech in New Mexico, Obama suggested his grandfather, the late Stanley Dunham, engaged in combat. But the Democratic senator's autobiography says his grandfather never saw "real combat." Also, Army records apparently contradict Obama's claim his grandfather signed up the day after the Pearl Harbor attack.

As WND reported, Obama told the New Mexico audience, which included military veterans, his uncle was part of the division that freed Auschwitz. But bloggers and the Republican National Committee immediately pointed out the Nazi death camp was liberated by the Soviet Union in January 1945. The campaign later said it actually was Obama's great uncle who helped liberate Ohrdruf, a sub-camp of the Buchenwald Nazi concentration camp.

Obama several times has suggested his grandfather served in combat.

During Monday's speech, Obama said: "My grandfather marched in Patton's Army, but I cannot know what it is to walk into battle like so many of you."

In a 2002 anti-war speech, Obama told the audience, "My grandfather signed up for a war the day after Pearl Harbor was bombed, fought in Patton's army. He saw the dead and dying across the fields of Europe; he heard the stories of fellow troops who first entered Auschwitz and Treblinka. He fought in the name of a larger freedom, part of that arsenal of democracy that triumphed over evil, and he did not fight in vain."

But in his autobiography, "Dreams of My Father," Obama states his grandfather never engaged in combat.

"Gramps returned from the war never having seen real combat, and the family moved to California, where he enrolled at Berkeley under the GI bill," he writes. "But the classroom couldn't contain his ambitions, his restlessness, and so the family moved again."

Obama's 2002 claim his grandfather enlisted in the Army the day after the bombing of Pearl Harbor is contradicted by Army records showing Dunham signed up June 18, 1942 – six months after Pearl Harbor.

Obama's campaign did not immediately return a WND request for clarification.

In his Memorial Day speech, Obama was using the stories of his grandfather and great uncle to promote better benefits for troops.

"Now obviously, something had really affected him deeply, but at that time there just weren't the kinds of facilities to help somebody work through that kind of pain," Obama said of his great uncle.

"That's why this idea of making sure that every single veteran, when they are discharged, are screened for post-traumatic stress disorder and given the mental health services that they need – that's why it's so important."

Obama made another gaffe in the speech, saying he saw "fallen heroes" in the audience. The statement apparently was scrubbed from an official transcript on Obama's campaign website.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 29, 2008, 08:45:20 AM »

Now my curiosity is up. I want to know more about his great uncle's service in the Army.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the