Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286959 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171773 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2008, 12:16:21 PM »

If these things are true, Obama has committed several CRIMINAL OFFENSES, so why haven't CHARGES BEEN FILED?

I'm going to assume that a good portion of this information IS TRUE! The CRIMINAL OFFENSES ARE SERIOUS! SO, who's going to file the charges and WHEN?

Things like this might help to explain why some candidates stayed in the primary races so long. How much more is there that the public hasn't been told about? I know that the mainstream news-media wouldn't want to cover something like this, but they won't have any choice sooner or later. Whatever is true and amounts to crimes being committed will be dealt with in the appropriate manner BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WILL DEMAND IT! Campaign contributions would represent a MASSIVE FRAUD, and they would have to be paid back. One would think that some ultra-liberals are about to EAT CROW and be embarrassed. I don't think that any of them have enough MONEY to grease themselves out of this CRIMINAL SCANDAL. Frankly, I think this is going to be interesting, and I look forward to the show.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »

Many are afraid of the "political correctness" of this situation as well as the fear of repercussions of violence that would ensue if this person were brought to court. I do know of a number of activists that will not let that stop them if they get the evidence in their hands.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2008, 09:02:09 PM »

Many are afraid of the "political correctness" of this situation as well as the fear of repercussions of violence that would ensue if this person were brought to court. I do know of a number of activists that will not let that stop them if they get the evidence in their hands.

Brother, I feel quite sure that some will holler something like this, but it has actually been the reverse. Special privileges have been granted WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND to avoid any appearance of something like this. In other words, Obama hasn't been treated as roughly as others would have been in his same circumstances. The end result MUST BE that these things won't be ignored much longer. After all, we're talking about a candidate for President. If the DIRT sticks because he's DIRTY, he needs to be charged just like anyone else. I certainly understand caution and DUE diligence, but nobody gets a free pass to commit CRIMES. The same is true for a major political party and anyone who has prior knowledge that a CRIME is about to be committed. It has all the ingredients of a 5 RING CORRUPTION CIRCUS, and I expect that the action will be interesting in all 5 RINGS at once when the SHOW STARTS. 

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2008, 10:46:05 PM »

The public will believe anything, so long as it is not founded on truth.
Edith Sitwell (1887 - 1964)

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 21, 2008, 04:02:52 PM »

Obama Suggests GOP Will Use Race to Scare Voters
by FOXNews.com
Saturday, June 21, 2008

Barack Obama told a group of Florida donors Friday night that Republicans will try to make voters afraid of him, and suggested they would use his race to scare up votes for John McCain.

Apparently girding for a nasty general election fight, the Illinois senator has in recent days predicted that independent GOP groups are waiting in the wings to attack him, and said his presumptive GOP rival is already “fear-mongering” when it comes to foreign policy.

But his comments Friday night in Jacksonville, Fla., seemed to reflect elevated concerns that his campaign to be the first black president would run headlong into political race baiters.

“We know what kind of campaign they’re going to run. They’re going to try to make you afraid,” Obama said at the fundraiser. “They’re going to try to make you afraid of me. He’s young and inexperienced and he’s got a funny name. And did I mention he’s black? He’s got a feisty wife.”

The crowd of supporters cheered, and Obama added: “We know the strategy because they’ve already shown their cards. Ultimately I think the American people recognize that old stuff hasn’t moved us forward. That old stuff just divides us.”

He said Republicans would be unable to run on the economy or foreign policy, so the election would ultimately boil down to a choice between “hope and fear.”

His “feisty wife” comment was probably a reference to a Tennessee GOP ad that criticized Michelle Obama for saying in February that she was proud of her country for the first time.

Obama mentioned the ad Friday afternoon at a press conference, where he defended his announcement the day before that he was backing out of the public financing system for the general election. He expects to raise more money on his own, in part to defend himself against independent GOP attack groups.

While there is no imminent, large-scale threat from so-called “527″ groups — such as the “Swift Boat Veterans for Truth” group that attacked John Kerry in 2004 — Obama said they’re waiting for him.

“527’s pop up pretty quickly and have enormous influence and we’ve seen them,” he said. “I don’t think that I am off the wall here to see that … a lot of outside groups that are potentially going to be going after us hard.”

The presumptive Democratic nominee, though, has faced down a viral whisper campaign, carried out through anonymous e-mails and Web site postings, in which race and religion are front and center. Obama launched a new Web site to debunk the false attacks, some of which suggest he secretly is a Muslim, that his wife harbors racial angst against white people and that he is not patriotic.

Some of his detractors also have referred to him by his middle name, “Hussein,” though McCain usually condemns attempts to suggest he is Muslim.

The issue of race was repeatedly invoked during the primary campaign against Hillary Clinton. Bill Clinton was criticized for comparing his win in the South Carolina primary to Jesse Jackson’s victory 20 years ago. Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell told an editorial board that some white voters just wouldn’t support Obama because he’s black. Another supporter, Geraldine Ferraro, said Obama was seeing such success because of his race.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 21, 2008, 04:03:46 PM »

It's not your race that I'm afraid of Mr. Obama....it's your character and integrity or lack thereof.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 21, 2008, 04:14:22 PM »

Actually it is Obama using the race card trying to make people afraid to vote against him.

It's not your race that I'm afraid of Mr. Obama....it's your character and integrity or lack thereof.

Amen!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 21, 2008, 04:18:20 PM »

It really appears that Obama is a one-man sleeper cell, and he probably represents years of careful planning and training. YES - I'm serious. Our biggest dangers have always been from within. Win, lose, or draw - he's already been able to fracture the society - at least what's left of it. If he stopped tomorrow, he'd already be a raging success. THINK ABOUT IT!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 21, 2008, 04:26:56 PM »

Raging is quite a fitting word in more ways than one.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 21, 2008, 05:16:06 PM »

Actually it is Obama using the race card trying to make people afraid to vote against him.

Amen!

You got that right!

It really appears that Obama is a one-man sleeper cell, and he probably represents years of careful planning and training. YES - I'm serious. Our biggest dangers have always been from within. Win, lose, or draw - he's already been able to fracture the society - at least what's left of it. If he stopped tomorrow, he'd already be a raging success. THINK ABOUT IT!

That's an interesting thought...

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: June 22, 2008, 12:18:16 AM »

AMEN!!

I can see Obama-nation being elected as a dog catcher........... Grin Grin Wink Grin Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2008, 12:28:12 PM »

AMEN!!

I can see Obama-nation being elected as a dog catcher........... Grin Grin Wink Grin Grin

Those poor little dogs....

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: June 25, 2008, 12:33:02 AM »

Obama: America is 'no longer Christian'
Democrat says nation also for Muslims, nonbelievers

Posted: June 22, 2008
6:50 pm Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

JERUSALEM – Some have been taking issue with largely unnoticed comments made last year by Sen. Barack Obama declaring the U.S. is "no longer a Christian nation" but is also a nation of others, including Muslims and nonbelievers.

The comments have been recently recirculating on Internet blogs.

"Whatever we once were, we're no longer a Christian nation. At least not just. We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, and a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers," Obama said during a June 2007 speech available on YouTube.

At the speech, Obama also seemingly blasted the "Christian Right" for hijacking religion and using it to divide the nation:

"Somehow, somewhere along the way, faith stopped being used to bring us together and started being used to drive us apart. It got hijacked. Part of it's because of the so-called leaders of the Christian Right, who've been all too eager to exploit what divides us," he said.

Asked last year to clarify his remarks, Obama repeated them to the Christian Broadcast Network:

"I think that the right might worry a bit more about the dangers of sectarianism. Whatever we once were, we're no longer just a Christian nation; we are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers," Obama wrote in an e-mail to CBN News senior national correspondent David Brody.

"We should acknowledge this and realize that when we're formulating policies from the state house to the Senate floor to the White House, we've got to work to translate our reasoning into values that are accessible to every one of our citizens, not just members of our own faith community," wrote Obama.

Obama did clarify his statement about the "Christian Right."

"My intention was to contrast the heated partisan rhetoric of a distinct minority of Christian leaders with the vast majority of Evangelical Christians – conservatives included – who believe that hate has no place in our politics.

"When you have pastors and television pundits who appear to explicitly coordinate with one political party; when you're implying that your fellow Americans are traitors, terrorist sympathizers or akin to the devil himself; then I think you're attempting to hijack the faith of those who follow you for your own personal or political ends," wrote Obama.

The Illinois senator's speech declaring the U.S. "no longer Christian" was met with little fanfare. But it has been getting some recent play.

A television commercial that aired in South Dakota by a group calling itself the Coalition Against Anti-Christian Rhetoric juxtaposes the audio of Obama's "no longer Christian" statement over images of the presidential candidate dressed in Somali garb and a picture of Obama with his hands rested below his waist while other politicians place their hands over their hearts during the Pledge of Allegiance.

"It's time for people to take a stand against Barack Hussein Obama," declares the voiceover on the commercial.

The Gateway Pundit blog took notice of Obama's speech about the U.S. being a nation also for Muslims and non-believers.

"This won't play well in the Bible Belt," commented the blog in a recent posting.

Obama's campaign has long utilized faith as a central theme. The candidate's Christianity and his former membership in the controversial Trinity United Church of Christ have been much scrutinized.

His comment about the "Christian Right" echoed similar statements made by Merrill A. McPeak, Obama's military adviser and national campaign co-chairman.

As WND reported, in a 2003 interview with The Oregonian newspaper, McPeak seemed to compare evangelical Christians to the terror groups Hamas and Hezbollah.

The Oregonian interviewer asked McPeak whether "there's an element within Hamas, Hezbollah, that doesn't want Israel to exist at all and always will be there?"

McPeak responded by comparing the two terror groups to "radical" Oregonians.

"There's an element in Oregon, you know, that's always going to be radical in some pernicious way, and likely to clothe it in religious garments, so it makes it harder to attack. So there's craziness all over the place."

Oregon has a large evangelical Christian community.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 26, 2008, 12:51:57 PM »

That birth certificate again

For some time now Just One Minute’s commenter jmh, Polarik at Townhall and others have examined the “birth certificate” for Obama published on the Daily Kos site as well as the site Obama has established to respond to the “smears” against him. The documents are not identical and seem obviously phony. Israeli Insider confirms their suspicions:

It is now a certainty that the “birth certificate” claimed by the Barack Obama campaign as authentic is a photoshopped fake…..

Some of these oddities surfaced in Israel Insider’s previous article on the subject, but new comparative documentary evidence presented below, and official verification obtained by Israel Insider from a senior Hawaiian official, provides the strongest confirmation yet….

Janice Okubo, Director of Communications of the State of Hawaii Department of Health, told Israel Insider: “At this time there are no circumstances in which the State of Hawaii Department of Health would issue a birth certification or certification of live birth only electronically.” And, she added, “In the State of Hawaii all certified copies of certificates of live birth have the embossed seal and registrar signature on the back of the document.”

Why would Obama’s anti-smear site itself rely on a phoney birth certificate? I can’t imagine . Some have suggested it’s to hide the fact that he was not a “natural born” U.S. citizen and is, therefore, ineligible to run. Maybe.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 26, 2008, 08:44:54 PM »

I'll just say that the TRUTH must be revealed! If Obama isn't eligible, he'll have to be removed and the appropriate parties will take their lumps, including charges for any criminal activity.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the