Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:41:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286959 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171857 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 17, 2008, 06:18:43 PM »

A central theme of Trumpet apparently is that the U.S. is a racist, criminal country.

The only thing "criminal" is that Wright hasn't been exiled.

Let us fight the good fight!
PandasRpeople2

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 18, 2008, 12:14:27 AM »

I just want to make several observations.

First, polls don't seem to mean much, especially in how people identify themselves (i.e. self-professing Christian). The other terms don't appear to mean much either.

Second, I'll just say that real Christians don't support abortion, same sex marriage, and other issues that are contrary to the clear teachings of the Holy Bible. At the best, they would be play-acting Christians. Further, I really don't care who gets upset with this statement! Real Christians care more about what GOD and the Holy Bible says! Real Christians don't put EVIL, ABOMINATIONS, FILTH, AND SEWAGE ABOVE GOD AND THE HOLY BIBLE!

Christian is the wrong tag for folks who are IGNORING AND MOCKING GOD with their actions.

Real Christians still sin and err.  Sometimes, quite profoundly.

Obama has been a churchgoer for years (if he hadn't, the Wright debacle never would've arisen).  He says he's a Christian.  Well then, in light of certain of his political views, he's a pretty bad Christian; but just where he stands in God's eyes, only God knows.  "Who are you to judge someone else's servant?  To his own master he stands or falls... So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." (Romans 14:4,12)

Certainly we must use discernment when casting our ballots in November; but politics aside, methinks it would be better to pray for Obama than to condemn him.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2008, 01:02:39 AM »

Hello Panda,

GOD'S WORD has already judged Obama, so I don't need to. I'll pray for whoever becomes the President, regardless of who it is or what they believe. If they curse GOD, I'll still pray for them. By the way, attending a brick and mortar building doesn't make one a Christian, especially the one that Obama attends. They deny the Holy Trinity and are a cult, but GOD still judges each individual heart. If Obama believes the core teachings of his brick and mortar church, he's LOST. This has already become an issue, but Obama hasn't considered it to be worthy enough to tell people what he believes yet. I wouldn't vote for him if he was the only name on the ballot, but I will pray for him if he becomes President.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2008, 01:41:58 AM »

Dont' have the address right now and after a 10 hour shift, I'm too tired to look it up: However the Bible does say that "you will know them by their fruit" and "a bad tree will produce bad fruit".  Wright is a bad tree and as Obama's mentor and spiritual adviser what kind of fruit do you suppose Obama is.  Of course there is a whole lot more to his history than just Wright, that would give you an indication as to what kind of fruit he is.  Any way you slice it, Obama is a bad apple.  And as my friend Blackeyedpeas says, yes we should pray for whomever takes office, but I'm afraid that if it's Obama I will probably be praying more for myself and my countrymen.  If that makes me a sinner and less of a Christian than another then all I have to say, is Thank God, He's not done with me yet.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2008, 01:50:20 AM »

(Romans 1:16 NASB)  For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

(Romans 1:17 NASB)  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

(Romans 1:18 NASB)  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

(Romans 1:19 NASB)  because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.

(Romans 1:20 NASB)  For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

(Romans 1:21 NASB)  For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

(Romans 1:22 NASB)  Professing to be wise, they became fools,

(Romans 1:23 NASB)  and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

(Romans 1:24 NASB)  Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.

(Romans 1:25 NASB)  For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

(Romans 1:26 NASB)  For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,

(Romans 1:27 NASB)  and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

(Romans 1:28 NASB)  And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,

(Romans 1:29 NASB)  being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,

(Romans 1:30 NASB)  slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,

(Romans 1:31 NASB)  without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful;

(Romans 1:32 NASB)  and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2008, 01:52:41 AM »

Amen! We are told in Jesus' own words to:

Joh 7:24  Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

God gives us the measure in which to judge. If we did not do so then we would most likely fall prey to every teaching that comes our way.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2008, 02:36:11 AM »

Dont' have the address right now and after a 10 hour shift, I'm too tired to look it up: However the Bible does say that "you will know them by their fruit" and "a bad tree will produce bad fruit".  Wright is a bad tree and as Obama's mentor and spiritual adviser what kind of fruit do you suppose Obama is.  Of course there is a whole lot more to his history than just Wright, that would give you an indication as to what kind of fruit he is.  Any way you slice it, Obama is a bad apple.  And as my friend Blackeyedpeas says, yes we should pray for whomever takes office, but I'm afraid that if it's Obama I will probably be praying more for myself and my countrymen.  If that makes me a sinner and less of a Christian than another then all I have to say, is Thank God, He's not done with me yet.

Hello GrammyLuv,

Sister, I thought you only needed a few hours of sleep on your days off. I thought that only older people were allowed to get tired.   Grin

Here's the portion of Scripture that you're talking about:

(Matthew 7:13 NASB)  "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.

(Matthew 7:14 NASB)  "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

(Matthew 7:15 NASB)  "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

(Matthew 7:16 NASB)  "You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?

(Matthew 7:17 NASB)  "So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.

(Matthew 7:18 NASB)  "A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit.

(Matthew 7:19 NASB)  "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

(Matthew 7:20 NASB)  "So then, you will know them by their fruits.

(Matthew 7:21 NASB)  "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

It appears there are many folks in sheep's clothing these days, and things are going to get much worse. Get some rest.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2008, 07:07:43 PM »

Thanks for finding the scriptures for me Brother Tom!  I was so tired last night.  It has been so busy around here and then with the "Global Warming" that we have finally been having in Seattle after rain and hail all spring time long, I was just drained last night.
Nope.  I'm afraid that even "young" grammys get tired too!   Grin Grin Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2008, 04:28:57 AM »

Thanks for finding the scriptures for me Brother Tom!  I was so tired last night.  It has been so busy around here and then with the "Global Warming" that we have finally been having in Seattle after rain and hail all spring time long, I was just drained last night.
Nope.  I'm afraid that even "young" grammys get tired too!   Grin Grin Grin

Hello GrammyLuv,

Grin  You're most welcome. I think that I'm going to start calling "Global Warming" "Global Gore". I think that's a more appropriate label, but we won't be buying either one of them. He's really just a misguided unemployed person and needs some career guidance. Al needs to at least step up to something with slightly more logic, something like selling meteor helmets.   Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2008, 10:52:21 AM »

Obama camp spies endgame in Oregon

Barack Obama set his sights on November's general election Saturday as he campaigned in Oregon, where he hopes to declare victory in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination.

Obama has said Tuesday's primaries in Oregon and Kentucky could mark the end of his drawn-out battle with rival Hillary Clinton, and his campaign pressed home that message by announcing a symbolic return to Iowa that day.

Iowa was the scene of the Illinois senator's first victory in the 2008 presidential nominating race, and his campaign noted Saturday it is "a critical general election state that Democrats must win in November."

Polls show Obama leading in Oregon, where 52 delegates are up for grabs, while Clinton is ahead in Kentucky, a state with 51 delegates that has a similar demographic to West Virginia, where she won a thumping victory Tuesday.

His campaign says he needs just 17 more pledged delegates won through state votes to reach a majority of 1,627, not counting the "superdelegates," party officials who can vote either way at August's Democratic national convention.

Using a baseball analogy, Obama said May 8 that if after Tuesday's primaries "we have a majority of pledged delegates, which is possible, then I think we can make a pretty strong claim that we have got the most runs and its the ninth inning and we have won."

The official finishing line is 2,025 delegates, including superdelegates.

During a rally in Roseburg, Oregon, Saturday, Obama presented himself as the front-runner almost without question, attacking presumptive Republican nominee John McCain on foreign policy, the environment and healthcare.

Reviving Friday's furious row sparked by President George W. Bush's suggestion that Democrats wanted to appease terrorists, Obama said that not talking to North Korea and Iran had only made those states stronger.

"I want everybody to be absolutely clear about this because George Bush and McCain have suggested that me being willing to sit down with our adversaries is a sign of weakness and sign of appeasement," he said.

He also attacked McCain's plan for a gas tax holiday to cope with rising pump prices, which Clinton supports, as well as his other environmental plans, saying the Republican had consistently opposed fuel efficiency standards.

"For him to come to Oregon as an environmental president, but his big strategy is to do more drilling and to have a gas tax holiday for three months, that's a phony solution," he said.

Pitching his message to Oregon's environmentally-conscious voters, Obama called on the United States to "lead by example" on global warming, and develop new technologies at home which could be exported to developing countries.

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said.

"That's not leadership. That's not going to happen," he added.

The Illinois senator also argued that the differences between his healthcare plan and that of Clinton "pale in comparison to the differences we have with John McCain," whose proposals would only work "if you're healthy and wealthy."

The escalating rhetoric between Obama and McCain has evoked the kind of campaign battles more common in the immediate run-up to an election -- and emphasized further Obama's pole position in the Democratic race.

But Clinton has vowed to keep fighting until the end of the primary season on June 3, and campaigning in Kentucky Saturday, she defended the plan for the gas tax holiday and accused McCain of having no idea how to fund it.

"Senator McCain said let's give everybody a gas tax holiday but doesn't want to pay for it. I think I've got the best plan. Let the oil companies pay it out of their excess profits," she said.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 19, 2008, 10:57:43 AM »

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said.

Being more concerned about what other countries are going to say than what his own constituents have to say is definitely appeasement not leadership.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2008, 10:59:23 AM »

Obama hijacked phrase from pro-Palestinian friend?
Both called Israel conflict 'constant sore' within days of each other

In terming the Israeli-Palestinian conflict a "constant sore" last week, did Sen. Barack Obama borrow the phraseology of a pro-Palestinian activist and harsh critic of Israel who has been described as a friend of the senator?

Columbia University Professor Rashid Khalidi also previously held a fundraiser for Obama. He has made repeated statements supportive of Palestinian terror.

In a much-quoted interview with the Atlantic, Obama was asked last week whether he thinks Israel is a "drag on America's reputation oversees."

Obama replied: "No, no, no. But what I think is that this constant wound, that this constant sore, does infect all of our foreign policy."

He went on to say the "lack of a resolution to this problem provides an excuse for anti-American militant jihadists to engage in inexcusable actions, and so we have a national-security interest in solving this, and I also believe that Israel has a security interest in solving this because I believe that the status quo is unsustainable. I am absolutely convinced of that, and some of the tensions that might arise between me and some of the more hawkish elements in the Jewish community in the United States might stem from the fact that I'm not going to blindly adhere to whatever the most hawkish position is just because that's the safest ground politically."

Obama's remarks, slammed by pro-Israel and Republican organizations, came five days after the Nation magazine published an opinion piece by Khalidi, titled "Palestine: Liberation Deferred" in which the Palestinian activist opened by calling the "Palestinian question" a "running sore."

"The 'Palestine Question' has been with us for sixty years. During this time it has become a running sore, its solution appearing ever more distant," wrote Khalidi in the first paragraph of his op-ed.

In his piece, Khalidi goes on to suggest Israel carried out "ethnic cleansing" of Arabs when the Jewish state was established in 1948 and claims Israel was founded due to Western "guilt" following the Holocaust.

"Also disregarded is the obvious fact that it would have been impossible to create a Jewish state in a land nearly two-thirds of whose population was Arab without some form of ethnic cleansing," writes Khalidi.

There was no ethnic cleansing. When Arab countries attacked the Jewish state after its creation in 1948, some 725,000 Arabs living within Israel's borders fled or were flushed out when the Jewish state pushed back attacking Arab armies. Also at that time, about 820,000 Jews were expelled from Arab countries or fled following rampant persecution.

Khalidi writes Western powers backed Israel's establishment because the West was "stricken by a (fully justified) sense of guilt for centuries of suffering inflicted on European Jews, culminating in the Holocaust, a West that compounded its sins by helping to inflict further suffering, this time on Palestinians."

Khalidi also laments the Palestinian Authority's stated acceptance of a Palestinian state "only" in the West Bank, Gaza Strip and eastern sections of Jerusalem. He argues Israel should be dissolved and instead a binational, federal or cantonal system should be set up in which Jews and Arabs reside together.

Khalidi is a harsh critic of Israel. During documented speeches and public events, Khalidi has called Israel an "apartheid system in creation" and a destructive "racist" state.

He has multiple times implied support for Palestinian terror, calling suicide bombings response to "Israeli aggression." He dedicated his 1986 book, "Under Siege," to "those who gave their lives ... in defense of the cause of Palestine and independence of Lebanon."

Critics assailed the book as excusing Palestinian terrorism and claim the dedication is in reference to the Palestine Liberation Organization, which at that time committed scores of anti-Western attacks and was labeled by the U.S. as a terror group

Khalidi's ties to Obama were first exposed by WND in February.

According to a professor at the University of Chicago who said he has known Obama for 12 years, the Democratic presidential hopeful befriended Khalidi when the two worked together at the university. The professor spoke on condition of anonymity. Khalidi lectured at the University of Chicago until 2003 while Obama taught law there from 1993 until his election to the Senate in 2004.

Sources at the University told WND that Khalidi and Obama lived in nearby faculty residential zones and that the two families dined together a number of times. The sources said the Obama's even babysat the Khalidi children.

Khalidi in 2000 held what was described as a successful fundraiser for Obama's failed bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, a fact not denied by Khalidi, who spoke to WND in February.

WND broke the story an Arab group run by Khalidi's wife, Mona, received crucial funding from the Woods Fund, a Chicago nonprofit, while Obama served on the board of the Fund.

In 2001, the Woods Fund, which describes itself as a group helping the disadvantaged, provided a $40,000 grant to Khalidi's Arab American Action Network, or AAAN. The Fund provided a second grant to the AAAN for $35,000 in 2002.

Obama was a director of the Woods Fund board from 1999 to Dec. 11, 2002, according to the Fund's website. According to tax filings, Obama received compensation of $6,000 per year for his service in 1999 and 2000.

Obama served on the Woods Fund's board alongside William C. Ayers, a member of the Weathermen terrorist group which sought to overthrow of the U.S. government and took responsibility for bombing the U.S. Capitol in 1971.

Ayers, who still serves on the board, contributed $200 to Obama's senatorial campaign fund and has served on panels with Obama at numerous public speaking engagements. Ayers admitted to involvement in the bombings of U.S. governmental buildings in the 1970s. He is a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

The $40,000 grant from Obama's Woods Fund to Khalidi's AAAN constituted about a fifth of the Arab group's reported grants for 2001, according to tax filings obtained by WND. The $35,000 Woods Fund grant in 2002 also constituted about one-fifth of AAAN's reported grants for that year.

The AAAN, headquartered in the heart of Chicago's Palestinian immigrant community, describes itself as working to "empower Chicago-area Arab immigrants and Arab Americans through the combined strategies of community organizing, advocacy, education and social services, leadership development, and forging productive relationships with other communities."

Speakers at AAAN dinners and events routinely have taken an anti-Israel line.

The group co-sponsored a Palestinian art exhibit, titled, "The Subject of Palestine," that featured works related to what some Palestinians call the "Nakba" or "catastrophe" of Israel's founding in 1948.

According to the widely discredited Nakba narrative, Jews in 1948 forcibly expelled hundreds of thousands – some Palestinians claim over one million – Arabs from their homes and then took over the territory.

The theme of AAAN's Nakba art exhibit, held at DePaul University in 2005, was "the compelling and continuing tragedy of Palestinian life ... under [Israeli] occupation ... home demolition ... statelessness ... bereavement ... martyrdom, and ... the heroic struggle for life, for safety, and for freedom."

Another AAAN initiative, titled, "Al Nakba 1948 as experienced by Chicago Palestinians," seeks documents related to the "catastrophe" of Israel's founding.

A post on the AAAN site asked users: "Do you have photos, letters or other memories you could share about Al-Nakba-1948?"

That posting was recently removed.  The AAAN website currently states the entire site is under construction.

Speaking in a joint interview with WND and WABC Radio, Khalidi was asked about his 2000 fundraiser for Obama.

"I was just doing my duties as a Chicago resident to help my local politician," Khalidi stated.

Khalidi said he supports Obama for president "because he is the only candidate who has expressed sympathy for the Palestinian cause."

Khalidi also lauded Obama for "saying he supports talks with Iran. If the U.S. can talk with the Soviet Union during the Cold War, there is no reason it can't talk with the Iranians."

Asked about Obama's role funding the AAAN, Khalidi claimed he had "never heard of the Woods Fund until it popped up on a bunch of blogs a few months ago." 

He terminated the call when petitioned further about his links with Obama.

Obama's campaign did not immediately reply to telephone and e-mail inquiries asking if his interview with the Atlantic borrowed any phraseology from Khalidi.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2008, 06:50:08 PM »

Obama pooh-poohs danger from 'tiny' Iran
'They don't pose any serious threat to us'

Leading Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama  pooh-poohed the idea that Iran or any of a few other "tiny" nations around the world offer a serious potential threat to the United States or the free world.

"Iran, Cuba, Venezuela? These countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose any serious threat to us," he told a crowd at a campaign stop over the weekend, prompting the probable Republican opponent for the White House to respond that Iran already is attacking the U.S.

"Obviously, Iran isn't a superpower, doesn't possess the military power the Soviet Union had. But that does not mean, by any stretch of the imagination that the threat posed by Iran is insignificant," Sen. John McCain said today. "On the contrary, right now Iran provides some of the deadliest explosive devices used in Iraq to kill our soldiers.

"They are the chief sponsor of Shia extremists in Iraq, and terrorist organizations in the Middle East. … And their president, who has called Israel a stinking corpse, has repeatedly made clear his government's commitment to Israel's destruction. Most worrying, Iran is intent on acquiring nuclear weapons," McCain said.

Participants in a forum on YouTube, where video of Obama's statements were posted, questioned his sanity.

"I take back everything I ever said about Obama and correct myself," wrote one contributor. "He's not just a moron. He's a full scale idiot who knowns (sic) absolutely nothing about history or the world. Don't worry about Iran? Who stole his brain? This guy as POTUS … good night free world."

Obama was advocating for his stated position of being willing to hold discussions with leaders of rogue nations, such as Iran.

He said strong leaders and strong nations are willing to hold discussions with their enemies. He said that's what President John F. Kennedy did with Nikita Khruschchev, what President Ronald Reagan did with Mikhail Gorbachev and what Richard Nixon did with Mao Zedong.

Obama said at various points, the Soviet Union, headed by Khruschchev and Gorbachev, was threatening to wipe the U.S. off the planet.

But he said the "engagement" of the national leaders through dialogue "led to a series of measures that helped prevent nuclear war." He said that such efforts also eventually "brought down the Berlin wall."

"That has to be the kind of approach we take," he said.

"If Iran ever tried to pose a serious threat to us, they wouldn't stand a chance. We should use that position of strength … to be bold enough to go ahead and listen," Obama stated.

Ed Morrissey, a blogger at HotAir.com, however, asserted Obama had his facts wrong.

"Wow. Where to begin with this silliness?" he wrote. "Let's start with the Soviet Union. We talked with the Soviet Union because they also had nuclear weapons. Obama seems to forget that the entire point of our Iran policy is to prevent being put in the position of having to cut deals with a terrorist-supporting, radical Islamist non-rational state. When the enemy already has the capability of destroying you several times over, negotiations are needed to keep one side from initiating a war. Only an idiot would think that the negotiations intended on disarming the Soviets, or they us. The same dynamic applies to our engagement with Mao Zedong and Red China; Mao was smart enough to hold himself out as a potential partner in a power balance against the Soviets."

Morrissey continued by explaining that the Soviet Union collapsed economically and the Berlin Wall fell because the regime propping it up disappeared.

"Why did the Soviet Union collapse? Because Ronald Reagan won an economic war with Moscow, forcing it to spend more and more and falling further and further behind. The Strategic Defense Initiative provided the coup de grace to the Soviets, who knew they could never match us in missile defense, and tried negotiating an end to the economic war instead, with disastrous results," he wrote.

Morrissey raised concerns about the "common interests" Obama describes between the U.S. and Iran's governing powers.

"What interests would those be? The destruction of Israel, the denial of the Holocaust, the financial and military support of Hamas and Hezbollah, or the killing of American soldiers in Iraq?" he asked.

"The Soviets may have been evil, but they were rational, and we could count on their desire to survive to rely on the doctrine of Mutually Assured Destruction. The Iranians believe that a worldwide conflagration will have Allah deliver the world to Islam, so a nuclear exchange may fall within their policy, and that's assuming we could establishing their culpability for a sneak attack to the extent where a President Obama would order a nuclear reprisal.

"This speech reveals Obama to have no grasp of history, no grasp of strategic implications of a nuclear Iran, and no clue how to secure the nation and handle foreign policy," he said.

On the YouTube site, a forum contributor said, "Those countries are tiny, so they pose not (sic) threat? That is the basis for his foreign policy? Al-Qaida is pretty tiny compared to the old Soviet Union as well, but that didn't seem to stop them."

Another wrote, "This guy has no clue."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2008, 06:56:46 PM »

This guy doesn't have a clue as to what he's talking about. The person that said he doesn't know history is on the mark. Japan and Germany both are smaller than Iran yet were two of the most difficult nations to stop once they got started. Thanks to Russia and China they have some of the most dangerous and sophisticated weapons technology available in the world. Obama is a very dangerous person to all of the U.S.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2008, 09:05:51 PM »

This guy doesn't have a clue as to what he's talking about. The person that said he doesn't know history is on the mark. Japan and Germany both are smaller than Iran yet were two of the most difficult nations to stop once they got started. Thanks to Russia and China they have some of the most dangerous and sophisticated weapons technology available in the world. Obama is a very dangerous person to all of the U.S.

Grin  This sounds like a good job for Al Gore - GLOBAL INSANITY. We really need a giant funny farm to put folks like Obama and Gore. IMANUTJOB could be their bunk mate, and they could talk all they want. I can't resist the following:  YES - they would be known as the Three Stooges.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the