Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:12:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286959 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171869 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2008, 11:32:04 PM »

A very fitting name from his viewpoint.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2008, 11:33:43 PM »

A very fitting name from his viewpoint.

I thought so brother............... Grin Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2008, 12:30:55 AM »

Is that whats call, an "Obama-nation"??

And....oh sure....NOW you get up to play and I'm off of here in a 1/2 hour!  I never see you anymore!

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2008, 12:35:59 AM »

I don't think that he gets to see himself anymore either except for coming and going.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2008, 12:55:41 AM »

I don't think that he gets to see himself anymore either except for coming and going.

Sounds like when I keep company with "me, myself, and I".  Gets to be quite the crowd sometimes!  Especially when everyone is talking at once!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2008, 01:11:09 AM »

Your right, sometimes I don't have enough time in a 24 hour period. Now if the days were 36 hours, that make a big difference (well maybe).

And....oh sure....NOW you get up to play and I'm off of here in a 1/2 hour!  I never see you anymore!

Sorry sister................ Tongue Tongue Tongue

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2008, 02:30:25 PM »

Obama draws support from young Christians

Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama has drawn support from an unlikely source: young evangelical Christians, observers say.

Michael Dudley is among born-again Christians who plan to support the Illinois senator should be become the Democratic nominee, The Seattle Times reported Sunday.

"I think a lot of Christians are having trouble getting behind everything the Republicans stand for," said Dudley, a 20-year-old Republican and a sophomore at Seattle Pacific University.

A September 2007 survey by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, found that 15 percent of white evangelicals between 18 and 29, a group that traditionally votes Republican, say they no longer identify with the GOP.

Shane Claiborne, a Philadelphia Christian activist and author of "Jesus for President: Politics for Ordinary Radicals," calls Obama's young evangelical supporters "political misfits."

"It's not about liberal or conservative, or Democrats or Republicans," he said. "I don't think it's a new evangelical left. ... There's a new evangelical stuck-in-the-middle."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »

"It's not about liberal or conservative, or Democrats or Republicans," he said. "I don't think it's a new evangelical left. ... There's a new evangelical stuck-in-the-middle."

This is correct, it is not about Republican or Democrat. It is about who is the one that will do what is right. Obama definitely is not one that will do what is right. As Christians when we vote we must place Biblical perspectives above all else and this includes political partisanship. These "evangelicals" that support Obama are supporting all that is evil, all that is against God. Unfortunately much of the same thing can be said about Clinton and McCain also.

I am sure that the person that it is in God's will to be President will in fact be President in order to bring about those things that God has said will be done. As Christians it is still our place to vote according to Biblical principles and voting for one of these people is in fact voting against those very principles.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2008, 07:59:20 PM »

I am sure that the person that it is in God's will to be President will in fact be President in order to bring about those things that God has said will be done. As Christians it is still our place to vote according to Biblical principles and voting for one of these people is in fact voting against those very principles.

I so agree with this.  I just don't feel I can vote for any of the three running right now and still look at myself in the mirror.  Some are saying that if I write-in my candidate, that I am throwing away my vote, but I don't feel that way.  I feel it would be making a statement.  If it means that an undesirable gets in so be it.  They are all undesirable anyway in my book anyway.  At least I will have voted my conscience and can walk down the street with my head up!

a sophomore at Seattle Pacific University.

I have noticed alot of Obama supporters around here and a lot of Obama posters in business windows.  My first reaction is that I'm sick at heart.  My second is that I want to shake the begeebees out of them and tell them to wise up!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2008, 08:20:02 PM »

Until God opens their eyes and gives them wisdom they will continue to walk in darkness.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2008, 08:36:51 PM »

Obama, Farrakhan share cover of Wright's monthly
Magazine's reinforcement of anti-American rhetoric casts doubt on senator's insistence he was not aware

Sen. Barack Obama's face several times graced the cover of an anti-American magazine run by his longtime pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., appearing on one issue alongside Nation of Islam chief Louis Farrakhan.

Issues of Wright's Trumpet magazine reportedly have suggested America was guilty of genocide in Africa, decried the Fourth of July as the "national holiday of the dominant culture," referred to America as a "diaspora" for blacks, repudiated American patriotism and entertained suggestions the Bush administration knew about the 9-11 attacks before they were carried out.

"It seems inconceivable that, in 20 years, Obama would never have picked up a copy of Trumpet," writes Stanley Kurtz in a lengthy Weekly Standard expose of Wright's magazine. "Obama himself graced the cover. ... There can be no mistaking it. What did Barack Obama know and when did he know it? Everything. Always."

The business-oriented blog Bizzyblog found three cover images of Obama. One featured the Illinois senator and Wright shaking hands.

(Story continues below)

Another was a montage of faces – black leaders, past and present, with the title "The legacy lives on" – that included Wright, Farrakhan, Nation of Islam founder Elijah Muhammad, Rosa Parks and even O.J. Simpson attorney Johnny Cochran.

"Notice who's missing? Martin Luther King, Jr," noted the Little Green Footballs blog.

The Obama campaign did not immediately return a WND request for comment about whether the senator read any issues of Trumpet or was aware his face was featured on several of the magazine's covers, including once with Farrakhan.

Wright, who recently transitioned from senior pastor to pastor emeritus of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, founded Trumpet magazine and serves as the publication's CEO, with his daughter, Jeri, in the position of publisher/editor-in-chief. Trumpet went national in 2006 and reportedly has a readership larger than 100,000.

"Glance through even a single issue of Trumpet, and Wright's radical politics are everywhere – in the pictures, the headlines, the highlighted quotations and above all in the articles themselves," writes Kurtz, a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center in Washington, D.C.

Kurtz went through a year's worth of Trumpet issues and said he found in the 2006 archives that controversial views expressed by Wright in sound bites from his sermons were reinforced in detail throughout the magazine.

Many of Wright's defenders have claimed some of the pastor's anti-American, anti-Israel, black supremacist statements were taken out of context.

Obama, who has regarded Wright as a spiritual adviser, has stated a number of times he was not aware of some of Wright's ideology during his two decades as a member of Trinity United Church of Christ.

"Obama must have long been aware of his pastor's political radicalism," writes Kurtz. "A careful reading of nearly a year's worth of Trumpet Newsmagazine makes it next to impossible to conclude otherwise."

Kurtz points to Obama's expressed outrage after last month's National Press Club address when Wright defended Farrakhan and praised him as "one of the most important voices in the 20th and 21st century ... that's what I think about him."

Aside from appearing on a cover of Wright's magazine alongside Obama, Farrakhan's face was also on the cover of a special November/December 2007 double issue announcing Wright's Empowerment Award, which had been given that year to the Nation of Islam head. The magazine also praised Farrakhan as a 20th- and 21st-century "giant."

Kurtz writes Trumpet preaches a black liberation theology, typically referring to American blacks as "Africans living in the Western Diaspora." The magazine opposes black "assimilation." Articles have expressed displeasure with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and former Secretary of State Colin Powell.

The magazine in which Obama was repeatedly featured abhors American patriotism.

"Columbus Day is a day of rage for Wright. Calling Columbus a racist slave trader, Wright excoriates the holiday as 'a national act of amnesia and denial,' part of the 'sick and myopic arrogance called Western History,'" notes Kurtz.

Trumpet featured an article by Wright that claimed America actually was discovered by Africans, citing as evidence a book that has been largely discredited.

The July 2006 issue of Trumpet slams the Fourth of July as "the national holiday of the dominant culture."

Kurtz notes that issue featured an article by a Rev. Reginald Williams Jr. that called July 4th "nothing more than a day off work and a time for some good barbeque to the millions of African Americans who suffer and have suffered under the policies of this government and this country."

One issue of Trumpet defended former congresswoman Cynthia McKinney's claim the Bush administration was aware of the 9/11 plot before it was carried out.

A column in the magazine, titled, "The Beloved Cynthia McKinney," complains McKinney was "tarred and feathered in the press" for raising questions about possible government foreknowledge of 9/11, Kurtz found.

That column stated the "crimes of 9/11" are "not only unsolved, but covered up by both Democrats and Republicans."

A central theme of Trumpet apparently is that the U.S. is a racist, criminal country.

"Do you see God as a God who approves of Americans taking other people's countries? Taking other people's women? Raping teenage girls and calling it love (as in Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings)?" rages one article discovered by Kurtz.

Another blames Africa's problems on the U.S. and the West, claiming they are withholding aid. Screams one piece: "Some analysts would go so far as to even call what [the United States, the G-8, and multinational corporations] are doing [in Africa] genocide!"

Kurtz is convinced Obama realized Wright's ideology long ago.

"It is simply inconceivable that in 20 years' time someone as sharp as Obama did not grasp the intensely political themes repeated in so much of what Wright says and does," he writes.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2008, 12:30:27 AM »

Until God opens their eyes and gives them wisdom they will continue to walk in darkness.

AMEN!!

Something we also need to pray about.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 16, 2008, 12:23:47 PM »

I just want to make several observations.

First, polls don't seem to mean much, especially in how people identify themselves (i.e. self-professing Christian). The other terms don't appear to mean much either.

Second, I'll just say that real Christians don't support abortion, same sex marriage, and other issues that are contrary to the clear teachings of the Holy Bible. At the best, they would be play-acting Christians. Further, I really don't care who gets upset with this statement! Real Christians care more about what GOD and the Holy Bible says! Real Christians don't put EVIL, ABOMINATIONS, FILTH, AND SEWAGE ABOVE GOD AND THE HOLY BIBLE!

Christian is the wrong tag for folks who are IGNORING AND MOCKING GOD with their actions.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 16, 2008, 03:22:01 PM »

Shiite leader met privately with Obama
Discussed with Michigan imam Arab-Israeli conflict, Iraq war

A Muslim leader from Dearborn met privately with Sen. Barack Obama during his Wednesday visit to Michigan.

Imam Hassan Qazwini, head of the Islamic Center of America, said in an email that he met with Obama at Macomb Community College. A mosque spokesman, Eide Alawan, confirmed that the meeting took place. During the meeting, the two discussed the Presidential election, the Arab-Israeli conflict, and the Iraq war, according to Qazwini.

At the end of the meeting, Qazwini said he gave Obama a copy of new book, “American Crescent,” and invited Obama to visit his center.

The meeting with Obama came about after Qazwini had asked David Bonior, the former U.S. Rep. from Michigan, if he could meet with Obama during his visit. Qazwini was not selected to be part of a group of 20 people who met with Obama, but Qazwini later got a private meeting with Obama, Alawan said.

“They gave him an opportunity for a one-on-one,” Alawan said.

Obama was also in Macomb County for campaign stops at the college and a Chrysler auto plant.

Born in Iraq into a long line of Shi’ite clerics, Qazwini and his family left for Iran to escape persecution under the regime of Saddam Hussein. He later moved to the U.S. and become head of the Dearborn mosque, one of the largest Shi’ite Muslim centers in the U.S.

Qazwini has also met several times with President Bush and other elected officials.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 17, 2008, 06:10:14 PM »

Referring to the article before the last, there is NO way that Obama didn't know what Wright's ideals were.  Excuse me, but what does "Spiritual Adviser" imply?  Come on!  Also with a leader like Wright and his evil spewing, you can't tell me that his church is a "Christian" church, (and we all know it isn't).  It's a front for a Mosque and nothing less.  There is no way this man can be so involved with Islam leaders, and shout his hatred and his congregation not know what he's talking about or not approve of it or indeed not agree with it or they would have dispersed long ago.  Obama included.

Okay?  I just look like that.

Wright needs to leave.  It sounds like he is absolutely miserable living in America, so just leave.
The truth is, that he is not miserable.  He is vain and full of himself.  He is loving all of this attention.  He is famous now for crying out-loud.  If he left, he wouldn't have an audience or all of this attention placed on just little-ol'-him.  I can imagine the prideful piece-of-wasted-space rushing out for the morning paper, holding his breath with sweet anticipation at what he will read about himself that day.  What a very small man.
Well... he will be judged, and I hope he gets an extra judging for each and every life he has lead astray.  And not just for other adults, but for every child that was brought up in his church. 
The man is pure evil, which brings me back around to Obama.  Can't tell me that Obama doesn't share the same thoughts, ideals, hatred and attitudes after spending that many years with Wright.  If America doesn't wise up in the next few months, we will be lead to the slaughter with Obama as President of the United States of Islam!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 06:14:03 PM by grammyluv » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the