Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:29:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286959 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171887 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 07, 2008, 08:26:52 AM »

Sister Yvette,

I can understand just what you mean. I know that I would be speaking up in one manner or another and informing them in just how wrong they are for supporting Obama. I would probably get myself fired over it.  Shocked

I did cause quite a ruckus before at a church I was visiting during a prior election for speaking out on such. With this election I know it would be even harder to keep quiet.

I will also be praying about this that we all do as God would have us do.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2008, 02:18:52 PM »

Pastor Roger,

You just touched on an excellent point. It's quite possible that GOD'S choices will lead into the Tribulation Period. All we can do is keep trying, praying, and trying to yield to the LORD in all things. HIS Will be done, and it WILL BE!

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2008, 09:20:41 PM »

Sister Yvette,

I can understand just what you mean. I know that I would be speaking up in one manner or another and informing them in just how wrong they are for supporting Obama. I would probably get myself fired over it.  Shocked

I did cause quite a ruckus before at a church I was visiting during a prior election for speaking out on such. With this election I know it would be even harder to keep quiet.

I will also be praying about this that we all do as God would have us do.

Yeah, while I'm "outgoing and fun", I'm also "outspoken" as some of you may have noticed on here!  Grin  Probably a good reason why I'm single... Grin Grin

Pastor Roger,

You just touched on an excellent point. It's quite possible that GOD'S choices will lead into the Tribulation Period. All we can do is keep trying, praying, and trying to yield to the LORD in all things. HIS Will be done, and it WILL BE!

Love In Christ,
Tom

I totally believe this.  At this point, I don't think it matters much which way we vote or how much we write our congressmen on issues.  It's just going to be what it is until the End gets here.  So exciting, these end times, but at the same they are so hard to watch.  Praying is really our only option at this point.

Say, do ya'll remember Hal Lindsey's book, "The Late Great Planet Earth"?  I read back in the 70's or so.  Anyway, I'm reading the one he wrote 25 years later, called 2000 AD.  I wondering if anyone's read it and what they thought.  If anyone replies to that part of my post, lets move it to the Book section and I'll meet you there!

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »

Even if we are beating our heads against a proverbial brick wall at least we are continuing in the good fight until the end. That is the most important thing.

As for Hal Lindsey and his books there is already a thread in the Books section on him. It is titled Blood Moon after one of newer books.

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=21084.0

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2008, 11:38:50 PM »

As for Hal Lindsey and his books there is already a thread in the Books section on him. It is titled Blood Moon after one of newer books.

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=21084.0

Thanks PR!  I'll check it out.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2008, 08:07:50 AM »

Even if we are beating our heads against a proverbial brick wall at least we are continuing in the good fight until the end. That is the most important thing.

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

Pastor Roger, I agree with your statement 100%. Our likelihood of success should have nothing to do with whether we should serve GOD and stand up for what we know is right. The trying and standing steadfast is what matters and does make a difference.

Brothers and Sisters, let's look at a real life example and ask ourselves some questions.

1 - Did the martyrdom of the Old Testament Saints and the New Testament Writers mean that they failed?  NO!

2 - Did the martyred
Saints give one of the strongest testimonies possible for GOD when they refused to reject GOD and died instead?  YES!

YES - we are still being impacted today in a positive way with the testimonies of the Martyred Saints. Please always remember that they didn't want any glory or praise for themselves - ALL GLORY AND PRAISE GOES TO GOD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 10, 2008, 02:28:24 AM »

A Middle East policy adviser for Barack Obama has left the campaign after acknowledging having held talks with Hamas, FOX News confirms.

The Times newspaper in London first reported Friday that the campaign was severing ties with the adviser, Robert Malley.

Malley said he had been in contact with the Palestinian group, but only through his work for a “conflict resolution think tank,” and not on behalf of the Obama campaign, the newspaper reported.

Obama spokesman Bill Burton told FOX News Malley was “an ancillary adviser who never met with Obama, literally one of hundreds of informal advisers who from time to time offered advice on Middle East policy.”

Another Obama spokesman told The Times Malley “has no formal role in the campaign and he will not play any role in the future.”

Hamas, which is labeled a terrorist organization by the State Department, is a touchy issue for the Obama campaign.

Hamas adviser Ahmed Yousef said in a recent interview, “We like Mr. Obama, we hope that he will win the election,” and presumptive Republican nominee John McCain has poked fun at Obama for the apparent endorsement.

McCain has said he would be Hamas’ “worst nightmare”; he told “The Daily Show’s” Jon Stewart Wednesday that he could “guarantee” Hamas would not endorse him for president.

Obama accused McCain of “losing his bearings” and engaging in a smear campaign for the remarks.

Click here to read the article about the Obama aide in The Times.

FOX News’ Major Garrett contributed to this report.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 10, 2008, 02:37:29 AM »

I'm sure that Obama is all for those muslim textbooks in our schools, too.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 10, 2008, 02:26:20 PM »

Obama Wants to Be President of 57 States

Hey, Obama! How many states are there? Well, ummm…we’ve been to 57 with one left to go, then subtract Hawaii and Alaska…ummmm…. Unbelievable! This guy wants to be the President of the U.S. and doesn’t know how many states we have! Surely this was from exhaustion.

Even my 5 yr old grand-daughter knew better than that.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 10, 2008, 05:04:59 PM »

Surely this was from exhaustion.

I think you give him too much credit.  When one plans to take over the world through Islam, he was probably just thinking ahead.  Shocked Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2008, 05:52:30 PM »

I think you give him too much credit.  When one plans to take over the world through Islam, he was probably just thinking ahead.  Shocked Grin Grin

I think the word ahead is the wrong end.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2008, 06:36:40 PM »

I think the word ahead is the wrong end.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2008, 08:04:25 PM »

Bulletins at Obama's Church Carry Their Own Controversy
Fred Lucas
Staff Writer

(CNSNews.com) - Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) recently said his relationship with his long-time pastor and friend Rev. Jeremiah Wright "changed" after what Obama called the clergyman's "divisive and destructive" remarks at an event at the National Press Club. Later, however, Obama stressed his loyalty to the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, where Wright has been the pastor and where Obama has belonged for many years.

Some articles published in the Trinity United Church of Christ bulletin in 2007, however, carried controversial comments written by people other than Jeremiah Wright. These comments included the claim that Israel worked with South Africa to build an "ethnic bomb" that would kill blacks and Arabs, that the Pentagon was training Latin Americans to be terrorists, and that the TV networks are run by right-wing racists.

On Sunday, May 4, Obama told NBC's Tim Russert, on "Meet the Press," that he was still a member of Trinity United Church of Christ and said of the Wright controversy, \ldblquote I think that the American people understand that when I joined Trinity United Church of Christ, I was committing not to Pastor Wright, I was committing to a church and I was committing to Christ. And it is a wonderful church."

The pastor of Trinity United is Rev. Otis Moss III and the senior pastor is Rev. Wright. At the end of May, Wright will go on sabbatical and Moss will assume the title of senior pastor.

The first few pages of the church's weekly bulletin carry scripture passages, hymns, and announcements. Deeper into the bulletin, however, there are political and opinion articles. A Trinity United staff member, who asked not to be named, told Cybercast News Service that the political articles are there to inform congregants about world affairs. The staff member likened these articles to commentary pieces in a newspaper, where the opinions expressed are those of the writers and not necessarily the church.

Moss was listed as pastor of the church in the 2007 bulletins, the same title he now bears at the church.

In a column in the April 15, 2007 bulletin, the Rev. Reginald Williams, the associate pastor for social justice at Trinity United, said he was not surprised by the racially charged remarks that talk-radio host Don Imus made about the Rutgers University women's basketball team because "the major networks are run by right-winged conservatives who still see black people as subhuman and portray black people as such."

In the April 22, 2007 bulletin, Williams called for shutting down the Pentagon's WHINSEC School of the Americas, saying the school "in no uncertain terms trains Latin American soldiers in counterinsurgency, sniper training, commando and psychological warfare, military intelligence and interrogation. In short, the United States Army trains students at this school of terrorism."

The two bulletins in which these columns were printed had been posted on the church Web site, and Cybercast News Service sent copies of them to the church, where an official authenticated them.

When contacted by Cybercast News Service , Williams said he was "not interested" in being interviewed.

Another politically charged piece published in the June 10, 2007 bulletin, as previously reported by The Washington Times and CNN, was written by a person who is not a member of the church.

The piece was an open letter by Ali Baghdadi to TV talk-show host Oprah Winfrey, who was planning a trip to Israel. Baghdadi is editor of the Arab Journal and who, according to the bulletin, acted as a Middle East advisor to Elijah Muhammad, and later with Louis Farrakhan, both with the Nation of Islam.

In this letter to Winfrey, Baghdadi wrote: "I must tell you that Israel was the closest ally to the White Supremacists of South Africa. In fact, South Africa allowed Israel to test its nuclear weapons in the ocean off South Africa. The Israelis were given a blank check: They could test whenever they desired and did not even have to ask permission. Both worked on an ethnic bomb that kills Blacks and Arabs."

Sen. Obama's presidential campaign declined to comment for this article, despite numerous requests from CNSNews.com.

Imagine that....a bomb that can tell skin color... (tongue in cheek)

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2008, 08:11:04 PM »

An ethnic bomb??!! Unfortunately many will believe that garbage just as they do all this other conspiracy garbage that is going around today.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2008, 11:26:40 PM »

Is that whats call, an "Obama-nation"??

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the