Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:57:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bibles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bibles  (Read 11236 times)
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2006, 05:14:09 AM »

Mt 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Mr 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Lu 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2006, 05:14:59 AM »

><>  ><>  Simple question, how?Huh

A simple question with a not so simple answer. God told us this is so and He will provide the way.

Some of the ways have already been mentioned by others. In countries where Bibles have been banned and are destroyed daily there are those that have taken various pages of it and secretly pass it around from one to the other. Whether it is this fashion or in the hearts of others or some other manner we know that His word will remain.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2006, 05:26:06 AM »

Amen PR, in countries where the Bible is banned just one page is enough to stir the hearts and minds of others to recall other Scriptures they have in their hearts and mind. God's Word is so powerful it can never be destroyed.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2006, 03:40:54 AM »

Amen Brothers and Sisters!

I was just thinking about the scrolls and manuscripts we are still finding from thousands of years ago. Those from thousands of years ago were done by hand, and all copying was a labor that people of today couldn't imagine. YET, many of those copies done by hand are still available today. It's a plain and simple promise from GOD that no power can destroy GOD'S WORD. Millions have hidden GOD'S WORD in their heart. We really don't have any idea how many copies of ancient writings of GOD'S WORD are yet to be found, but GOD'S Promise alone is enough for me.

Today GOD'S WORD is on just about every media known to man (i.e. paper, recordings, computer disks, etc.). The average Christian could probably supply an entire village in some other part of the world with Godly materials. It's a death sentence to even possess these materials in many parts of the world, but GOD'S WORD is still there, and people are being put to death for even having it. The death sentence doesn't even slow GOD'S WORD down. Many have tried through the ages to destroy GOD'S WORD, and it isn't possible because THE WORD is ALIVE, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever. They did crucify HIM on a CROSS and killed HIM, but the grave couldn't hold HIM. HE arose from the dead on the third day, and HE lives in the hearts of hosts, both living and dead. WHY? - Because HE LIVES!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 2:1-2 NASB  Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2006, 09:11:01 AM »

I have come to learn lots about our Lord and one thing I have found is certain.  He can never be given "human" characteristics for He is beyond our comprehension.  We can never "limit" the power of God just because our feeble minds can not comprehend it.   If the Lord says so, it will be done.  When I find myself questioning anything I remember some key verses.

Exodus 4: 10-12 "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD?  Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself;

Mt 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Mr 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Lu 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

May we all give glory to our Lord for always being true to His word!

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2006, 12:17:37 PM »

I have to agree with BEP on the versions bit. 

Except I have found for me the NASB has been the better one for me to read when I want to just read.  I teach from the KJV because at our church we want everyone to be teaching from the same version and provide a consistancy.  But when I go to sit down and study I will have my KJV, NASB, and usually either a Green's Literal or Young's Literal available.  As well as a couple of Lexicon's opened up Smiley  And of course my handy dandy Strongs.

My dining room table gets a mess when I start to dig deep into a verse or topic that Jesus is wanting me to understand

Amen to all and have a blessed day

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2006, 02:19:19 PM »

Except I have found for me the NASB has been the better one for me to read when I want to just read.  I teach from the KJV because at our church we want everyone to be teaching from the same version and provide a consistancy.  But when I go to sit down and study I will have my KJV, NASB, and usually either a Green's Literal or Young's Literal available.  As well as a couple of Lexicon's opened up Smiley  And of course my handy dandy Strongs.

My dining room table gets a mess when I start to dig deep into a verse or topic that Jesus is wanting me to understand

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Brother Jerry... Satan must hate that dining room table of yours... PRAISE GOD!!

laterunner

Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth &

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2006, 04:10:35 PM »

airiamtoworship-------->

><>  ><>  ><>  Thats it a bit of down to earth reality.
Christ in us the hope of Glory. His word is our life source, our strength.

I believe that when two or more are together that there He dwells.  have not remembered many total verses as some have but I'm assured that amongst us the Word dwell & we would have the whole Word between us if all the many types of bible were taken from us & destroyed. 
   As you say satan has tried to do this through the ages, but each time he brings his hand down hard on Gods body, it's just like slapping a water spillage. he has helped the church to spread wider & wider throughout the world, droplet going every whichway.

You catch em! He'll clean em!!
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2006, 04:44:47 PM »

Brother Jerry... Satan must hate that dining room table of yours... PRAISE GOD!!

Tina...I hope so  Grin  Grin

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2006, 12:09:52 AM »

Except I have found for me the NASB has been the better one for me to read when I want to just read.  I teach from the KJV because at our church we want everyone to be teaching from the same version and provide a consistency.  But when I go to sit down and study I will have my KJV, NASB, and usually either a Green's Literal or Young's Literal available.  As well as a couple of Lexicon's opened up :)  And of course my handy dandy Strongs.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Hello Brother Jerry,

I remember the desk full of materials when I used to study also, but my eyes got too bad. It was then that I started experimenting with numerous Bible study packages for the computer. I have several commercial packages, but I settled on the FREEWARE e-Sword Bible Study Package. It's wonderful and I can set the size of the fonts to anything I want. I also have integrated access to all of my Bible study helps, including a huge and free assortment from e-Sword. This includes, dictionaries, commentaries, Strongs, and many other things. I can use up to four Bible translations at once in parallel study. It also has a built-in editor that is excellent for study notes, lesson preparation, and whatever else you might want. The cut and paste functions from the entire integrated package are excellent. The amazing thing is that everything is FREE, really more of everything than any other integrated Bible study package I've ever seen. Other entities do make several add-on items that do cost small amounts of money, but the average person would not need them. I have all of the add-ons available from any source as far as I know, and my total investment is nothing in comparison to the cost of a very basic commercial Bible study package. As an example, I wanted more than the FREE Strongs and other ancient language helps that come with e-Sword. So, I bought Dr. Zodiates module from another source, and it is designed to integrate with e-Sword. I also paid the royalty fees for several Bible translations that are never FREE in any Bible study package. I might add they are available from several different sources, and they are specifically designed to work with e-Sword. The NASB is one of the translations that requires a royalty fee, but the number of completely FREE translations is more than enough for the average person. I do like the NASB, but there are several FREE translations for e-Sword that I like almost as much. It is a first class and FREE package that comes with just about everything you can dream of, including ancient language helps. Try it once and I doubt that you will ever want that table full of books again. If you don't like it, you won't have a penny invested.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 5:5-8 NASB  Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge. Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord -- for we walk by faith, not by sight -- we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:31:20 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2006, 09:33:08 AM »

Good day BEP

I do use the E-Sword as well...I like the Klingon Translation  Grin

I will use that for the commentaries more than anything since I do not possess the commentaries in hard back.  They are on the shopping list someday.  I collect old books so I want them printed and well worn Smiley

I started with NASB as it was given to me on the day of my baptism.  And with it comes many spiral binders of my own notes.  Someday when I feel they are complete enough to add as a module I may put my notes in there as well.  I love the e-sword and that is something I also usually put on the computers where ever I happen to work at so I have a quick reference Bible there.  I usually keep mine on my desk at work as well.  It pretty much goes everywhere with me, cause you never know when you may need it.

Thank you for the recommendation though.  Always good to know there are others out there looking to provide answers.

God Bless BEP and may your day be glorious.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2006, 11:28:12 AM »

ROFL, I'm so happy satan really hates my computer, my desk, and my bedside table.
I have 4 different electronic Bible software on my computer, the entire Bible on CD's and so much research material, study material, and other infromation. My desk is cluttered with devotionals, Bibles, and other literature, and my own study notes.
This is what I have to say to satan, "Get out, there is no room in our home for you"

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2006, 12:18:45 PM »

I like the Klingon Translation

Now that was a real worthy project.   Wink Cheesy Cheesy Huh Huh Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I hope that some Klingons got some real benefit out of it.

Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2006, 05:30:39 PM »

Amen Brothers and Sisters,

We all need to give thanks that we have so MANY Godly materials. There is no excuse for a Christian to be spiritually starving in this part of the word. I many times feel guilty that God has so abundantly provided for us when Christians and the lost have so little or nothing in other parts of the world. I know that many sweet Christians have purchased great quantities of materials that never gets to the intended recipients. It's especially sad when you consider that many of the same people are also physically hungry, and the food we send doesn't get to them. It's really the devil wanting to see those poor people dead physically and spiritually. All we can do is keep praying and keep trying.

Brother Jerry, I must admit that I've never heard of the Klingon translation of the Holy Bible.   Grin  I really don't have a clue what that might be unless it is somehow related to Star Trek. OR, In Oklahoma terms, "Are you pullin' my leg?"   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 2:19-22 NASB  So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2006, 05:38:46 PM »

Brother Jerry, I must admit that I've never heard of the Klingon translation of the Holy Bible.   Grin  I really don't have a clue what that might be unless it is somehow related to Star Trek. OR, In Oklahoma terms, "Are you pullin' my leg?"   Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin Brother Tom, don't feel bad, I have no idea what it is either, and the first thing I thought of was Star Trek too.  Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the