Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:32:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bibles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bibles  (Read 11238 times)
Skipdawg

God is faithful

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 07:10:20 PM »

richrkjr also note there are a great many online readable and searchable bible versions too. and in many languages to boot.  Wink

Caeli enarrant gloriam Dei  (The heavens declare the glory of God)
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 01:44:49 PM »

I like esword.

Lets you download several versions. Grin

http://www.e-sword.net/

Wink

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 01:55:41 PM »

I really enjoy e-sword myself. It is free, simple to use and has many, many functions for easy study and cross referencing.

As for versions I prefer to use the KJV. It was my first reader so I personally do not have any difficulty in understanding it. Occasionally I will use others such as the NIV, NASB and ASV.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 02:40:54 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Most of you know that I love to use e-Sword. I think it is a masterpiece example of:

FREELY Give because you have been FREELY Given.

People without money now have access to an outstanding and comprehensive Bible Study package that is much better than many commercial products costing $500 to $1,000.

More and more is also becoming available for e-Sword. Users can make their own modules from their choice of thousands of excellent resources that have been out of copyright for many years. I am trying to make one now and will let everyone know how it goes. I will quickly tell anyone who wants to make an e-Sword module that it's a ton of work, but many have and many are giving away their work just like Rick Meyers, the author of e-Sword.

Installing e-Sword on your computer really means that you have access to an entire Bible Study library from one screen, and everything interacts in "real-time" with the portion of Scripture that you are studying. By everything, I'm talking about dictionaries, commentaries, ancient language helps, expositions, topical links, and more. I can't recommend it enough for anyone who wants to study the Bible. It isn't the only completely FREE Bible study packages, but I think it is the best by far. I've made extensive comparisons with "The Online Bible" and "The Sword" that are also excellent and FREE. I personally believe that e-Sword stands head and shoulders above the rest, but others may not agree. The main point I want to make is that you can have an OUTSTANDING Bible Study Package FREE. Many translations of the Holy Bible are available, and nearly all of the languages of the world are served with e-Sword.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 24:3-4 NASB  By wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; And by knowledge the rooms are filled With all precious and pleasant riches.

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 09:05:54 PM »

Didn't Billy Gram say when asked which bible is best "whichever you will read" Wink

Aint that the truth!!! Grin

In Christ....Tina

ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 09:09:53 PM »

I like esword.

Lets you download several versions. Grin

http://www.e-sword.net/

Wink

Oh cool.... I have booked marked this site. Thank you for sharing it.

His Servant.. Tina

led by the spirit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 10:27:40 AM »

I need advice and suggestion on what is a good contemporary Bible. I dont want anything new age. I want a Bible that is as accurate as the KJV but in todays understanding. Something that doesnt take away from the dieity of our LORD Jesus Christ.

there sre severall like moffatt,interlinear (one of my favorites),better yet download E-Sword and as many versions and see for yourself.you can even create you own parralell version and its free well for the most part anyway some comentaries,biblesand dictionaries may require a donation before you can dwnld.God bless.So be it

When I die and go to my place of safety in the hell,Then I'll hear his voice and come forth.SO BE IT!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 11:59:01 PM »

The moffatt falls into the category that blackeyedpeas was talking about. It is in the same category as the NWT and is used by the JW's frequently because it denies the diety of Jesus Christ.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
laterunner

Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth &

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 10:18:34 AM »

I wonder ------->
                           will we be able to rely on the Christ in us, the word in us, the word we have heard &

which over the time has been confirmed in our being.  When there are no bibles & we are back to ''word

of mouth''.

You catch em! He'll clean em!!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 10:30:57 AM »

We have been told that the word of God will not fail. Even if all Bibles are destroyed (which I don't believe will happen), God's word will prevail.

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 10:35:19 AM »

We have been told that the word of God will not fail. Even if all Bibles are destroyed (which I don't believe will happen), God's word will prevail.

Amen PR

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 08:36:02 PM »

AMEN brother AMEN!!

laterunner

Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth &

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2006, 04:16:45 AM »

><>  ><>  Simple question, how?Huh

You catch em! He'll clean em!!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2006, 04:28:08 AM »

God's Word will never fail, because He tells us so........

Hebrews 13:5 Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down ( relax My hold on you)! [ Assuredly not!]

1 Peter 4:19 Therefore, those who are ill-treated and suffer in accordance with God's will must do right and commit their souls [in charge as a deposit] to the One Who created [them] and will never fail [them].

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2006, 04:57:44 AM »

Laterunner, God's Word, the Holy Bible is alive, it isn't a book you read and that's it you're done. The Bible is a manual for everyday living. It has survived all types of persecution, it has been translated into almost every known language and dialect, it is the oldest Book in existance, and the all time best-seller. But more importantly than that it is alive in the hearts and soul and spirit of every Christian. If you put 100 Christians in a room chances are that eachof them know at least 100 verses from the Bible. How can the Bible ever be destroyed. When you think how many Bible there are. In my home alone there are 14 Bibles (Books) on my computer there are 4 Bible study tools each containing at least 12 Bibles, my husband has the Bible on his computer and my daughters have it on their's. And I have the Bible on CDs. That's just one home, laterunner, now can you imagine how many Bibles there are in the world. Even if every single Bible was taken away God's Word will always prevail, there is no way God's Word will fail. No one can ever take the Bible awa from me because it's alive and it's in my mind I have som many Scriptures memorized, that if I sat down and wrote each one I would shock myself.

Ro 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the