Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:01:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Most Haunted
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most Haunted  (Read 9449 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: April 03, 2006, 02:45:37 AM »

For the past couple of months, my three sons and I have been watching an English TV show called "Most Haunted"
The program has at least 2 "mediums" and a group of other "normal" people who go all over England to find haunted homes and castles.

The show begins in daytime with a general walkthrough of the home, or castle, and the two mediums each give their impressions about what "spirits" may be haunting the building, and the history of the lost souls who inhabit the buildings.

Then, at nightime, the entire group of people enter the building with video camera's set on night light video, so they are in total darkness.

All knids of things happen. One show, a table actually shot across the floor abd hit a man. On tonight's show, a man was actually physically attacked, and beaten to the ground by a "spirit". You could actually see the man being dragged across the floor!

I have warned my sons many times not to believe in "ghosts". My sons know all too well that it is demon activity.
These people are in mortal danger and they don't have a clue.

I have to wonder how many people watch this show, and other similar programs, and actually come to believe that we can be stuck after death here on earth, and actually haunt people.

God has warned us not to fool around with "spirits" and not even to be around anyone who does, but this is just another example of how far into the depths of foolishness we as a society have fallen. Do as we please, and God will love us just the same right? I don't think so! Smiley

Even though I know these folks are messing with demons, I am still drawn to watch! Shocked

John
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 02:58:01 AM »

Brother,

First off, glad to see y'all on the board today. Grin

You know yourself brother, satan will use any trick he can to corrupt you. I would count this TV show as one of those.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 03:10:22 AM »

Brother John,

I'm positive there are demons, but I don't believe in ghosts of dead people. I'm sure that the devil and fallen angels with him can do many things that we don't understand. I know that the Holy Spirit in my heart is much stronger than the devil ever could be, but I wouldn't go out and try to play with the devil. If there is something supernatural going on in that show, it would be of the devil.

Brother, I haven't seen that show. I don't watch much TV, but I do like to watch cartoons every now and then.  Cheesy  I also like a few shows on Animal Planet (i.e. Steve - The Croc Man - Irwin). I think that I said his name right. I know that the crocs are just as real as the devil, but I'd rather watch the crocs.  Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 135:6 NASB  Whatever the LORD pleases, He does, In heaven and in earth, in the seas and in all deeps.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 10:57:06 AM »

My son turned the TV to that show one time. One of the crew had a mic knocked out of his hand and then got knocked down flat himself. The microphone was damaged and the man quit his job. When I saw that the channel got changed. Personally I will not allow that sort of show on in my house especially so when my grand kids are present. I don't want such things influencing them.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 11:40:29 AM »

Brothers, I never watched shows or movies that are demonic in nature, I also taught my children as they were growing up, that exposing themselves to such shows, programs or activities ie. ouija boards and others, only opens the door for the enemy to attack. The battlefield is in the mind, if satan can make us believe he is more powerful than God and if he for one minute can make us take our minds of the things of God, then we would be allowing him to take control of our thought and hence our actions.

Mind your thoughts, for they become your words.
Choose your words, for they become actions.
Understand your actions, for they become habits.
Study your habits, for they will become your character.
Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.

1Th 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 11:45:44 AM »

Amen, sister.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 12:01:32 PM »

Add a second AMEN!!

LittlePilgrim

Little pilgrim, walking down the road of life...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 03:00:41 PM »

Add a third AMEN! from me.

Although the Spirit that resides in us as children of God is more powerful than the enemy and his minions, we need to understand that he and his minions are indeed more powerful than our own spirits. I have seen all too often the effects of demonic forces in individuals' lives.

I am not ashamed to admit that it scares me, yet I also understand it is a healthy fear. Spiritual warfare is real. There are battles going on around you and me that we cannot possibly see or hope to understand, and it is EXTREMELY unwise for people to dabble in such things in ANY way.

Watching such shows, practicing magic arts, consulting mediums, astral projection, etc... All these are opening the door in our lives for the enemy to attack. In doing such things, we essentially agree to play by his rules. And personally, I'd rather cheat. I'd rather wrap the Spirit's protection around me.

My advice is to shut that show off, PERMANENTLY.

For I am only human, not some hero of the faith/ I'm merely an example of God's mercy and His grace/ I keep my eyes on Jesus when my gains become a loss/ As I stumble to the cross. -Stumble, Timothy Mark
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 03:23:49 PM »

Add a third AMEN! from me.  Spiritual warfare is real. There are battles going on around you and me that we cannot possibly see

Amen, it is impossible for us to even imagine the wars going on around us between God's Holy angels and satan's demonic fallen angels. satan know he has already been defeated, he doesn't even care all he wants now to to take as many of God's children away from God's things. There is spiritual war going on all around us right now, even for our very own souls, that is why it is so important for us to stay strong in the Word of God, and be attentive to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. It isn't for no reason that the Bible says:  1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

This Scripture was addressed to Christians, not to the heathen. satan works in a very subtle way ....... so much so that he deceived Eve who up to that point was perfect without sin. We are warned again and again...."be not deceived"

De 11:16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;
 Lu 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. {and the time: or, and, The time}
 1Co 6:9 ¶  Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
 1Co 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
 Ga 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 03:43:44 PM »

This Scripture was addressed to Christians, not to the heathen. satan works in a very subtle way ....... so much so that he deceived Eve who up to that point was perfect without sin. We are warned again and again...."be not deceived"

De 11:16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;
 Lu 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. {and the time: or, and, The time}
 1Co 6:9 ¶  Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
 1Co 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
 Ga 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Sister, that is one of the reasons I did, Satan, lying, cheating and stealing ways <-- yes it is a link.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 03:44:24 PM »

Spiritual warfare is real. There are battles going on around you and me that we cannot possibly see or hope to understand, and it is EXTREMELY unwise for people to dabble in such things in ANY way.

Yes there are battles that we cannot see going on all around us. Even those battles that we can see have spiritual evil forces behind them. To many people think that there is a separation and that one does not have to do with the other but this is not true. The battles that we see around the world is directed by satan and his desire to control all things in Heaven and on Earth.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 03:51:44 PM »

Yes there are battles that we cannot see going on all around us. Even those battles that we can see have spiritual evil forces behind them. To many people think that there is a separation and that one does not have to do with the other but this is not true. The battles that we see around the world is directed by satan and his desire to control all things in Heaven and on Earth.

Amen PR, the things we actually see are manifestations of these wars. I  am comforted in knowing that God has already won the victory.

Sister, that is one of the reasons I did, Satan, lying, cheating and stealing ways <-- yes it is a link.

Hey DW thanks for posting this link, you had PM'd it to me when my computer was broken and I had to save it on my husband's laap top, now I can save it on my PC.  Wink

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 03:55:11 PM »

Just adding to your statement brother.

Psalm 97:10 O you who love the Lord, hate evil; He preserves the lives of His saints (the children of God), He delivers them out of the hand of the wicked.

Only when we start living holy can we know what true praise is. We can say with the Psalmist, GREAT is the LORD and GREATLY to be praised, and his GREATNESS is unsearchable! We will know what  Thank you, Jesus! really means because you have seen the power of God to transform you from a sin-plagued wretch to a RIGHTEOUS son of the living God. You will be a living miracle. Know that the Bible says, "As he is, so are we in this world," and in another place, we are to be "partakers of the divine nature".

When a Christian studies and obeys their Bible, you are free from the millions of distortions and lies told inside and outside of churches. We will walk in power, power to live right, talk right, think right, serve right, love right. Everything right comes from knowing the Word of God and walking in the power of the Holy Ghost. To be Bible minded is to be Christ-minded. Nothing in the Christian life should be divorced from the Lord Jesus Christ and His word, whether washing dishes, soulwinning, working, studying, fellowshipping or sitting in a church pew.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but [only] one receives the prize? So run [your race] that you may lay hold [of the prize] and make it yours.

Hebrews 4:12 For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.

II Corinthians 10:3-5 3 For though we walk (live) in the flesh, we are not carrying on our warfare according to the flesh and using mere human weapons. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds, 5 [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One),

Ephesians 6:12 For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 09:21:15 PM »

Amen Brothers and Sisters! - Beautiful thoughts and beautiful Scriptures!

There are four words that come to mind when reading this thread, and they always remind me of many Scriptures and the things of the LORD:

1 - Study;
2 - Yield;
3 - Strength;
4 - Joy.

The 'fullness of joy" that the Bible speaks of is REAL, and I give thanks that it is highly ADDICTING.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 73:26 NASB  My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

friendship bunch

hot sync

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006, 06:43:30 PM »

Smiley  Not to be mean Mr. John, But you are a fool for watching these things.  You said yourself that the Bible says that we aren't to mess with things like that, and yet you are watching shows that promote it.  Not only are you watching it but you are allowing your sons to watch it.  Things like that are dangerous, even if they are just TV shows.  How old are your sons?  You tell them that things like witch craft and demons are rea and evil, but teens are curious.  We love to explore things taht are mystical.  We see things like that show on TV and Satan uses our curiosity to trap us.  By watching this show you give them the message that the things on this show aren't so bad.  Would you tell your sons that sex outside of mariage is wrong and then go and let them watch things that say that it's ok to have sex whenever you want?  It may just be a harmless show now, but sooner or later it can and will become very dangerous.  Like I said I am not trying to be mean, but where in the common sense in what you are doing.  Cool

my first love will always be my Lord.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the