Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:47:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Most Haunted
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most Haunted  (Read 9467 times)
1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2006, 04:09:20 AM »

Smiley

As He leads
1Tim
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2006, 04:14:17 AM »

Buyt at the same time, we are also a fun bunch of Christians.  I don't know how many threads, have been hi-jacked in the past.  And thats just for the fun, and worshipping of the Lord.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2006, 04:15:18 AM »

Yeah...I caught a few names too on a trade forum I hang out on, where the flame throwing really gets going.  It just caught me off guard to see it here, but then again, where else would you expect to find a bunch of guys acting like disciples Roll Eyes

Hello 1Tim,

The bottom-line subject of this thread could be "having fun with demons". Christians do get blunt on subjects like this, and there's nothing wrong with that at all unless someone violates the forum rules. There wasn't any rule violation here, just a frank discussion. If there wasn't something blunt on this topic, there would be something wrong from a Biblical and Christian point of view. That's why the thread is in the debate area.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2006, 07:59:47 AM »

Was wondering why I had not seen much of Bronzesnake since the tattoo thread Wink

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2006, 10:36:19 AM »

I guess its all how you look at "encouragement."  Many times this is misunderstood.  I think the way that I look at it is the brothers and sisters on this site encourage to do what they feel is right.  I respect that very much and like BEP says, it all should be backed up with scripture.  Interpretation of that scripture is something completely different, so yes, I tend to disagree with some points made on this site, but I don't think that is anything to get upset over.  I find it actually makes me put my nose in the Bible and my mind set on prayer.   
So you're all like a bunch of rednecks here huh? slap each other silly, then go have a beer...I mean a lemonade together? Grin Grin
I suppose I could deal with that,  Grin...still, it don't look good to the lurkers.
Shocked Shocked Huh Grin Grin Grin

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
marylanza

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2006, 04:58:57 PM »

My son is always trying to watch those shows.  I know that people are allowed to watch whatever they want but that kind of stuff is ridiculous.  I remember when I was little, I used to try and stay up late to watch scary movies and always wind up traumatized for days.

The television is a powerful outlet for corruption (spiritual and otherwise)....

M.L.
bronzesnake

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 05:31:12 PM »

Hello my friends.

I understand why people would not watch this show. My sons are all men, otherwise they would not be watching it.

I watched, and allowed my sons to watch, as a study tool. Look, Jesus told us we had His authority and power to drive out demons.
We don't have to run from them. Today, my sons are far more educated, and better equipped to see through the lies and deception of these kind of occurrences. As we watched the program, I constantly pointed out to my sons exactly what was REALLY going on, rather than what they were told was happening. Whenever someone claimed to be in contact with a "ghost" I would immediately tell my sons, for example, "that's not a ghost - it's a demon, don't get involved with this" "that man is not in contact with a spirit guide named Sam, he is being fooled by a demon, and whoever messes around with such things is doomed to hell". I would rather have my sons know the truth from me, and God's point of view, than have them learn from one who believes this stuff.

I found it to be an excellent study tool. My sons are now very aware of the kind of trickery and deceit involved in all aspects of so called ghosts and those who believe they can converse with ghosts.
I found the program to be an excellent tool for teaching and learning. I now know all the jargin, and I am so much better prepared to deal with this than I was prior to watching the program.

It has actually helped me to steer my own sister, and my wife's sister away from believing in psychic and everything involved in that world.
Don't be so quick to assume, or judge. I didn't watch the show for pleasure, or because I believed any of it. I know full well that these are not ghosts, that they are demonic.

Watching a program is a world away from actually getting involved in the practice.
I posted a good while back about a very dear friend who was involved in native Indian cult. Part of the success I finally had in convincing "Dave" that he was dealing not with his "ancient ancestors", but with demonic forces came as a direct result from what I learned from watching the show.

Don't you know that many pastors and priests must, and do study demonology? How else do you think these leaders are able to understand and deal with such things?
A very important part of all of this is prayer. God wants us to be prepared. God wants us to fight evil - all kinds of evil.
Some of us are not suited for actually doing direct up close and personal demonic possession, and that's OK. We all have different gifts and purposes for Jesus don't we?
If we run and hide from such things, then we Will not be able or equipped to fight it off Will we?
Jesus told us we had His authority and power to expell demons, but if we are ignorant about the practice, then we cannot, and should not get involved in attempting to intervene on anyone's behalf.

Some of us must do battle with such forces, Jesus told us as much. We can't run and hide from demonic attack, someone has to deal with it, and that someone should study as much as is possible in order to be able to fight it.

So if it's not for you that's OK, you will have other gifts from God in order to better do His will, but don't be so quick to judge those of us who want to learn all our enemies tricks and practices.

God Bless my friends...

John
Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2006, 08:21:07 AM »

I think familiarizing ourselve with the tools of the ememy is good. I really see no fault in it Brother.

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2006, 03:36:11 AM »

Problem is, you start seeing the boogey man behind every TV ad and show theme, in advertizement and school posters, basically everywhere.  One reason is because its a new thing to your mind and you're sensative to it.  Another reason is because its really there.

"Seperation of church and state" is the unofficial occult mantra of the "new age" in this country (IMO).  The only religion it applies to is Christianity.  Every other philosophy of occult religion is being force fed to us daily by  organizations like the EPA, PBS, PETA, UN, ACLU, NEA, the legislative branches of state and Federal gov't....ect.

The sky is falling...

As He leads
1Tim
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2006, 03:44:01 AM »

The sky is falling...

It will be before long.    Grin Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2006, 04:31:09 AM »

Yeah, I think so too.  Hey, I know, lets all vote Democrat in the next Prez. election and see if we can speed it up. Grin

Naww,  Undecided that would be too much like commiting suiscide, and I don't think He would like that much.

As He leads
1Tim
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2006, 12:36:57 PM »

1Tim,

Brother there is nothing that we can do to speed up or slow down or slow down the things that God has planned. It will all be done at whatever time that He desires. But why make our lives here on earth any more miserable or our ability to win souls any more difficult by voting for a Democrat.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2006, 12:44:38 PM »

1Tim,

Brother there is nothing that we can do to speed up or slow down or slow down the things that God has planned. It will all be done at whatever time that He desires. But why make our lives here on earth any more miserable or our ability to win souls any more difficult by voting for a Democrat.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Grin   Grin   ROFL!

LittlePilgrim

Little pilgrim, walking down the road of life...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2006, 07:49:33 PM »

Hmm... I still think there are better ways to familiarize ourselves with the tools of the enemy than exposing ourselves directly to this kind of thing, but I'll leave it at that.

A question though that this subject has brought up in my mind. We know that demons and the enemy himself can change their appearence. Things like this are evidence enough of that. However, do you believe that servants of the Lord can also take on the form of another, perhaps a loved one? Certainly, the encounters I have in mind are nothing like on this telivision show..

Let me just explain, and I'd be interested in any input those more adept with the Scriptures have to add.

I believe that God does allow angels to take on the form of others, perhaps loved ones long since passed. When my great uncle, Roger, died, we know from what he said in those last moments that he saw someone standing next to him, his mother. I do not believe that it was her in the literal sense, but do you believe that perhaps an angel was sent to guide him to Heaven, and that was the form taken because it would be a comfort to him?

For I am only human, not some hero of the faith/ I'm merely an example of God's mercy and His grace/ I keep my eyes on Jesus when my gains become a loss/ As I stumble to the cross. -Stumble, Timothy Mark
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2006, 08:09:26 PM »

Hi LP.

I still think there are better ways to familiarize ourselves with the tools of the enemy than exposing ourselves directly to this kind of thing, but I'll leave it at that.

I must agree with you on this. I know that I for one will not be inviting the devil into my home just so that I could use him for a lesson to others. The Bible gives us all the information that we have need for in how to resist the devil. To avoid having such things in our lives is not running nor hiding from the devil but rather resisting his ways.

On your other comment. Yes the Bible clearly tells us that angels can take other forms. Forms that are more acceptable to our human minds. I know that when my Dad was laying in a hospital bed that he also saw someone in a corner of the room over his right shoulder. He did not identify them to us but He was talking to them. In the middle of the week he looked in that corner and said "Not now." it was kind of a question and yet a statement. Then he turned to my wife and I and asked if the rest of the family was going to be there that coming Saturday. We made sure they were there. It was that Saturday that he passed away. I am convinced that he was talking to angels.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the