Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:31:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Most Haunted
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most Haunted  (Read 9451 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2006, 02:45:39 AM »

Hello Friendship Bunch,

I've read several of your posts, and I don't know if I've had a chance to welcome you yet, so WELCOME!

I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:8-9 NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

friendship bunch

hot sync

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 06:29:24 PM »

:)Well, Thank you for that welcome, blackeyedpeas.  I really enjoy this website.  I hope that I don't offend anyone by being so blunt in my posts. Cool   

my first love will always be my Lord.
Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 09:31:43 PM »

Okay--again, I might get pies thrown at me..and maybe a few with some very hard peanuts inside (thankfully, I am not allergic).

I believe that God has some that are gifted..but not as mediums, but with prophecy. How they choose to use that gift is another thing. Von Prague, for one has a very good talent, but he uses it for money and I believe deceives many with their hopes for answers to questions left behind. I believe any one that might have this gift from God should not use it to gain wealth, but as any gift given from God to help others in a humble way (as in police searches and such).

Sylvia Brown is the biggest nut I have ever seen. I can't stand her, nor can I understand how people actually believe her. She sits there and gives names to so called spirits, and people actually believe her ("the spirits name is sabrina and she lives in the crack of your walls, eating dust mites"..yeah, right).

I don't believe that these so-called spirits are people if a gifted person uses prophecy to help the police. I do believe they are being guided by a special gift by God. I also believe most are fakes, except for the few that truly are gifted and use that gift to help others for His Glory. The rest, like Edwards, Von Prague, Brown and so many other names...well, they will end up in a place where they can all eat dust mites together some day..if you catch my draft (which is a drift, but bigger from the hole in my head).

God Bless,
Kelly

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Satisfied MInd

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 10:08:50 PM »

Remember what happened to King Saul?

1 Samuel 28:8-10 ASV
(Cool  And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and went, he and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, Divine unto me, I pray thee, by the familiar spirit, and bring me up whomsoever I shall name unto thee.
(9)  And the woman said unto him, Behold, thou knowest what Saul hath done, how he hath cut off those that have familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land: wherefore then layest thou a snare for my life, to cause me to die?
(10)  And Saul sware to her by Jehovah, saying, As Jehovah liveth, there shall no punishment happen to thee for this thing.

1 Chronicles 10:13 ASV
(13)  So Saul died for his trespass which he committed against Jehovah, because of the word of Jehovah, which he kept not; and also for that he asked counsel of one that had a familiar spirit, to inquire thereby,

Leviticus 19:31 ASV
(31)  Turn ye not unto them that have familiar spirits, nor unto the wizards; seek them not out, to be defiled by them: I am Jehovah your God.

Leviticus 20:6 ASV
(6)  And the soul that turneth unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto the wizards, to play the harlot after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 02:22:58 AM »

Wait a minut Satisfied, I think those passages are referring to placeing our trust in witchcraft or anything but in God.  John ain't crossing that line, he's simply been finding amusement in the absurdity of the godless goofballs, much like Elijah did on Mt Carmel.

Does anyone here know that it is not the case that God is about to bring someone into John's life (or his son's) that is duped by this stuff, and a basic knowlege of it is important to the ministry he will be involved in?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 02:30:37 AM by 1Tim » Logged

As He leads
1Tim
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 02:42:33 AM »

Brother John isn't here any more 1T.  I do know he is a Christian, and I believe that the message got through to him, before he left the forum.  In case you are whondering where his website site is.....................  Link to the Fifth Day. Cheesy

1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 02:47:06 AM »

Was it this thread...?

As He leads
1Tim
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 02:47:53 AM »

Wait a minut Satisfied, I think those passages are referring to placeing our trust in witchcraft or anything but in God.
Those are saying not to place our trust, in mediums. And not to seek them out, to be defiled by them.  So yes, you could say it is witches.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 02:49:50 AM »

Was it this thread...?
Brother John, was the starter of this thread. Also known as Bronzesnake.  I think the fault is mine, I may have misread your post.  Undecided

1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 02:58:34 AM »

Grin I meant was it the beating he took from this thread.  I've noticed that there tends to be a lot of brow beating going on here rather than supporting each other.

As He leads
1Tim
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 03:09:32 AM »

Grin I meant was it the beating he took from this thread.  I've noticed that there tends to be a lot of brow beating going on here rather than supporting each other.
You should see some of the brow beating brother John did.  Roll Eyes  But we almost always backed it up with scripture.  That is how we use to talk to each other. 

With you new members, we try not to do that to you.  Cheesy  That is the way we use to support eah other.  And this isn't why brother John left the forum.  He felt he needed to take a vacation.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 03:38:14 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 03:18:22 AM »

So you're all like a bunch of rednecks here huh? slap each other silly, then go have a beer...I mean a lemonade together? Grin Grin

I spose I could deal with that,  Grin...still, it don't look good to the lurkers.

As He leads
1Tim
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 03:36:54 AM »

So you're all like a bunch of rednecks here huh? slap each other silly, then go have a beer...I mean a lemonade together? Grin Grin

I spose I could deal with that,  Grin...still, it don't look good to the lurkers.
YUP!!  I like my lemonade Grin Grin Grin  But I've been called politically incorrect, and an old Fundy, as wellas some other worst name, not fit for this forum. Tongue

In case your wondering what took so long for me to reply. I wanted to check another thread, I posted last year and bump it up.  I also reread the thread, "Peaceful religion isn't spelled Islam "

1Tim

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 03:54:34 AM »

Yeah...I caught a few names too on a trade forum I hang out on, where the flame throwing really gets going.  It just caught me off guard to see it here, but then again, where else would you expect to find a bunch of guys acting like disciples Roll Eyes

As He leads
1Tim
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 04:00:36 AM »

It just caught me off guard to see it here, but then again, where else would you expect to find a bunch of guys acting like disciples Roll Eyes
We are to live as if Jesus can return at any time brother.  One of the reasons I like this forum is because, we keep  it clean.   I know since I've been here, my life has grown in Christ.  And thats what it is all about, our growth in Christ.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the