Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:43:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Old TV Shows Remembered
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Old TV Shows Remembered  (Read 50170 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2005, 11:09:21 PM »

Roy Rogers "King of the Cowboys". Born as Leonard Slye who started out in the  "Sons of the Pioneers".

Roy Rogers had many different sidekicks. Smiley Burnette as Frog Milhouse. Andy Devine as Cookie. Pat Brady as himself with Nellybelle.

I watched everyone of his shows if not the first run at least on reruns.

I don't remember who Frog Milhouse was nor do I remember Andy Devine as Cookie.....................I must be really old. Grin  Who was Pat Buttress or Pat Buttram?  That name just popped into my head but I don't know from where.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2005, 11:15:41 PM »

Hey Bronze.................welcome back.  You were gone for too long this time and I worried about you.  How are you doing?  Oh, and I prayed for ya too.  Don't want to forget to let you know I didn't forget the most important thing!

Grace and peace,
cris

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2005, 11:47:42 PM »

Roy Rogers "King of the Cowboys". Born as Leonard Slye who started out in the  "Sons of the Pioneers".

Roy Rogers had many different sidekicks. Smiley Burnette as Frog Milhouse. Andy Devine as Cookie. Pat Brady as himself with Nellybelle.

I don't remember who Frog Milhouse was nor do I remember Andy Devine as Cookie.....................I must be really old. Grin  Who was Pat Buttress or Pat Buttram?  That name just popped into my head but I don't know from where.

Pat Buttram was Gene Autry's sidekick that replaced Smiley Burnette. Smiley Burnette was also Frog Milhouse on Roy Rogers. Pat Buttrum also did a lot of various cartoon voices. He was somewhat like Andy Devine in that he had a voice that once you heard it you would never forget it. He also played on Green Acres as Mr Haney.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2005, 12:02:07 AM »

Pat Buttram was Gene Autry's sidekick that replaced Smiley Burnette. Smiley Burnette was also Frog Milhouse on Roy Rogers. Pat Buttrum also did a lot of various cartoon voices. He was somewhat like Andy Devine in that he had a voice that once you heard it you would never forget it. He also played on Green Acres as Mr Haney.

I very distinctly remember A. Devine's voice but still cannot place Buttram.  I never really watched Green Acres...........a few times, and I think those might have been re-runs.  I just didn't like that show and I have no idea who Mr. Haney was. Roll Eyes

People have always told me I have a good memory but they haven't met Pastor Roger.  Your memory far surpasses mine.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2005, 12:39:38 AM »

Pat Buttram. Maybe this will help.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2005, 01:00:36 AM »

People have always told me I have a good memory but they haven't met Pastor Roger.  Your memory far surpasses mine.

Aww ... now you done embarassed me.  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Just don't ask me what happened yesterday.   Cheesy Grin

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2005, 12:17:46 PM »

Aww ... now you done embarassed me.  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Just don't ask me what happened yesterday.   Cheesy Grin

I remember PR about your short term memory vs the long term one...........................I'll just ask you what happened yesterday, several months from now. Grin

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2005, 12:19:49 PM »

Pat Buttram. Maybe this will help.

Oh yeah, I remember now!  Thanks for that!

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2005, 10:05:51 PM »

The Courtship Of Eddies Father! (got ya!)

Anyone remember a show with Bobby Sherman?
Here come the brides?

Game shows anyone?

Truth or consequences.
The dateing game
Beat the clock
Concentration
Let's make a deal

Wasn't that show called Seven Brides for Seven Brothers?

Remember the Pepsodent toothpaste jingle:  "You'll wonder where the yellow went, when you brush your teeth with pepsodent."  

Does anyone remember when you could go down to the corner ice cream shop and get "real ice cream?"  Yum Yum, it was so good.  (I make ice cream at home with heavy cream and it tastes like ice cream used to).  There's probably a million calories in a scoop of that stuff. Wink  It's expensive to make.................a quart and a half costs about $6.50 if you use egg beaters instead of real raw eggs.  But, tis worth every cent.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2005, 10:37:20 PM »

We make real ice cream occassionally but it's with real eggs. Lips Sealed Lips Sealed   (Shhh! Don't tell my Heart Dr.)

We have an old fashioned type ice cream parlor here that makes their own ice cream, too. We go there once in a while, too.

I didn't watch "Here Comes the Bride". It came on when I first joined the Navy and I didn't see any TV during that time frame. I haven't seen the reruns either.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2005, 10:50:49 PM »

We make real ice cream occassionally but it's with real eggs. Lips Sealed Lips Sealed   (Shhh! Don't tell my Heart Dr.)

We have an old fashioned type ice cream parlor here that makes their own ice cream, too. We go there once in a while, too.

I didn't watch "Here Comes the Bride". It came on when I first joined the Navy and I didn't see any TV during that time frame. I haven't seen the reruns either.

Here Comes The Brides.................that was from Bronzesnake.  I was wondering if it wasn't called Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.  I know there was a movie by that title though.  Maybe he's right about the title...........I dunno.

Your homemade ice cream............are you using the wooden bucket with the motor on the top that requires salt?  We used to have one of those and our ice cream was lousy.  Never could get it to turn out just right.  It did make 1 gallon at a time though.  I bought one of the new small 1 and 1/2 quart machines about 5 years ago.  It's so simple to use............no salt required.  They aren't expensive.......about $30.  You keep the bowl in the freezer and then when you want to make the ice cream you take it out of the freezer and pour in your cream, sugar, vanilla, salt, chocolate, eggs, etc.  Then you put a top on it (it has a paddle) and turn it on.  It takes about 12 minutes for soft serve.  If you want hard ice cream you just put it in the freezer till the next day or for several hours. It's soooo simple to use.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2005, 10:59:41 PM »

I just did a search on the net. Bobby Sherman showed in a TV series "Here Comes the Bride". Bobby and two other brothers were loggers in it. It ran from 1968 to 1970 right at the time I first joined the Navy.

The ice cream maker I use is an old wooden one but it has a metal bucket on the inside. It does have a motor on it. I couldn't use the old hand crank that was my mothers that my sister still has. I never use salt in the ice, just a lot of crushed ice. The recipe was my mothers. It uses whole cream not milk and not condensed milk. It takes about 45 mins and the ice cream comes out really solid.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2005, 11:17:45 PM »

I just did a search on the net. Bobby Sherman showed in a TV series "Here Comes the Bride". Bobby and two other brothers were loggers in it. It ran from 1968 to 1970 right at the time I first joined the Navy.

The ice cream maker I use is an old wooden one but it has a metal bucket on the inside. It does have a motor on it. I couldn't use the old hand crank that was my mothers that my sister still has. I never use salt in the ice, just a lot of crushed ice. The recipe was my mothers. It uses whole cream not milk and not condensed milk. It takes about 45 mins and the ice cream comes out really solid.

That sounds like the one we had------------it had a metal bucket inside, too.  It came with a lid so that you could store it in the freezer in that same container.  We always used real cream too but the recipe said one had to put rock salt in the ice every so many minutes.  It was a real pain.  Think I just gave that away a couple of years ago.  Wish I had known it would have worked as well without the salt. That ice cream tasted like ice milk not ice cream.  It had tiny tiny ice crystals in it.  Even though it was electric, I seem to think it still had a hand crank.  I can't really remember because it wasn't used for years.

OK...........on the TV show.  I do think it was a spin off of the movie though.  I remember the guys (7 brothers) were loggers too.  They were always trying to impress the gals (7 brides) with rolling logs on water, etc.  That movie was a musical and I don't remember the big name stars in it...............I know several of them were great singers............seem to remember Gordon McCrea.  I'm not sure.

BTW........I copied the piece about the NASB.  Did you read it?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2005, 11:44:27 PM »

The trick to the Ice Cream maker was to use fine crushed ice with a little water if you didn't use rock salt and to increase the time of making it. The recipe was important too. The person at my childhood church that took over making ice cream for the yearly ice cream social used the wrong recipe and it came out tasting like ice milk and had the crystals in it.

My mothers recipe came from her grandma and originally required for straight cream from a Brown Swiss (cow that is). It is a lot richer than any cream you can get in the stores now.

I read the post you made on the NASB.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2005, 12:02:55 AM »

The trick to the Ice Cream maker was to use fine crushed ice with a little water if you didn't use rock salt and to increase the time of making it. The recipe was important too. The person at my childhood church that took over making ice cream for the yearly ice cream social used the wrong recipe and it came out tasting like ice milk and had the crystals in it.

My mothers recipe came from her grandma and originally required for straight cream from a Brown Swiss (cow that is). It is a lot richer than any cream you can get in the stores now.

I read the post you made on the NASB.

I buy organic milk and cream..................it's still pasturized though.  The cream your grandma got was "raw" cream...........the best.  The states are not allowed to sell raw milk or cream (most states).  It MUST be pasturized.  It has to be this way because of what happened in the 1800's, people dying from supposedly bacteria laden raw milk.  From what I've read, that wasn't so.  It was because people milked cow after cow after cow with dirty hands.  That's what caused all those deaths.  PR, I don't know the differences in cows Grin.  They all look pretty much the same to me.  I never did do any research on this.  I just know there are milking cows and eating cows Grin, black angus is one, I think.

I read your post today on the NASB and KJV comparison verses.  They mean exactly the same thing to me.  I think you thought same.  I think you'd like reading the NASB.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the