Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:59:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  USA in prophecy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: USA in prophecy?  (Read 23032 times)
Last Daze

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2004, 06:57:07 PM »

I just thought I would put this out there for discussion.  Is the US in prophecy?  Is it possible that what may be the greatest and most influencial nation on earth at the time of the end would have been overlooked in prophecy?  If you feel the US is in prophecy where do you see it and what role do you see it playing?
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 10:07:13 PM »

I just thought I would put this out there for discussion. Is the US in prophecy? Is it possible that what may be the greatest and most influencial nation on earth at the time of the end would have been overlooked in prophecy? If you feel the US is in prophecy where do you see it and what role do you see it playing?

I personally don’t believe America is overlooked.   Which leaves the burning question, why we are not mentioned in prophecy?   My conclusion is, either America is destroyed, or crippled to the point that we are no longer what we are now.    The only logical conclusions one could draw from that is, by a war, terrorist act, natural disaster, or possibly the rapture.   Knowing what 911 did to the country alone, imagine how the rapture could impact our nation and world power structure.   All of these are certainly possibilities though.    One thing seems clear…America cannot remain what it is today if a Revived Roman empire is to become the powerful worldly kingdom that treads on and destroys the rest of the world as mentioned in Daniel.

There are many people who have tried to place us in prophetic passages, but none of them are quite clear, at least to me.   The biggest argument is that America is somehow mystery babylon, but this does not add up to me for many reasons.    I don’t have time to elaborate on this as I am currently at work.    

No doubt this thread will spark some contrasting views , but  mine for the moment remains that America will be crippled by either war, some unforeseen event, or possibly the Rapture.   I am hoping for the latter.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
xaoz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 11:53:38 AM »

Smiley  greetings in our Lord
i'm new to the board.  this discussion is hugely interesting. i'm grateful for the information contained here as well as being able to talk with believers in the Lord.
     thankyou.
i'm with you 2nd Tim on many of your views.
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 04:58:30 PM »

Hi xaoz, welcome to CU.   Yes this is a very interesting topic for me too.  Bible prophecy has always been a big facination to me, even as a child.    Glad to have you here with us!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Reba
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 05:39:21 PM »

Mar 16:15  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Hi Tim nice to see ya again  Tongue
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 05:47:46 PM »

Tim

xaoz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 07:10:03 PM »

thankyou for the warm welcome Smiley - will be reading!  
The_8th_Person

"My best friend was born in a manger" - DC Talk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 08:56:56 PM »

Good point 2T considering there are so many christians in America if we were all to vanish are country would fizzle and die. Oh yes and a big welcome to xaoz.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 11:28:12 PM »

Good point 2T considering there are so many christians in America if we were all to vanish are country would fizzle and die. Oh yes and a big welcome to xaoz.

A rapture would be devestating to America.   Some Leaders, as well as numerous citizens would vanish from the face of the earth.  I suspect there might even an opening in the white house.  Wink  (no doubt that comment will raise some ire).   I sure hope its the rapture and not one of the others.   It would answer a lot of questions about America in Bible prophecy...or rather a lack there of.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 11:38:39 PM »

I suspect there might even an opening in the white house.  Wink  (no doubt that comment will raise some ire).  

Grace and Peace!
Not from me, I agree. Chances are an opening would happen.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 02:23:44 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I agree with 2nd Timothy and Dreamweaver. I don't see America in Bible Prophecy about the end of this age. I've seen the opinions that America is Babylon, and I disagree with that completely. It simply doesn't fit, not even close.

Most of the older people here have watched the massive erosion of values and morals in America, especially over the last 50 years. However, that erosion, however great, does not indicate America is Babylon. The in detail physical descriptions in the Holy Bible do not match America.

I don't want to turn this into a debate about the timing of the RAPTURE, but I would say with certainty that America will be a terrible place when the Christians are CAUGHT UP, gone, and the GREAT RESTRAINER is removed.

So, what will happen to America? I think that would be a guess, nothing that I can see supported by Scripture. My guess is that America will cease to be a super power and possibly be destroyed. Another guess: it's far too late for America to start hating Israel and join the rest of the world. An entire generation and parts of two more have been carefully taught to hate America in most parts of the world, and that includes some we call allies.

Regardless of varying opinions, the end times of this age will play out at God's appointed time. No power will be able to stop it, and all Bible prophecy will be fulfilled to the letter. The earth richly deserves the terrible wrath to come.

I know that what I'm about to say is a point of contention among many Christians, but I don't wish to debate it. Christians won't be here for the great wrath to come.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:21  That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 02:32:12 PM »

[Christians won't be here for the great wrath to come

Amen!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Reba
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 06:12:26 PM »

are all prophies doom and gloom?
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004, 06:18:40 PM »

Not the rapture!   Wink  

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

1Th 5:3  For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4  But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5  Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

The only gloom and doom I see is going to fall on those who seek their peace apart from the peace that Christ offers.

Maranatha

Tim

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the